PDA

View Full Version : Do Big Brother have the balls to be controversial?

Jack_
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Well, it's the last series and so they may as well create controversy in the hope of gaining one last batch of viewers.

But would they dare to try anything controversial? :conf:

Patrick
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I said somthing like this in another thread about the BB5 producer not wanting to do her legendary twists incase it kicked of another Fight Night,

I however think they should just not give a **** and let the twists and the drama begin!
It will be great if they dont get too pathetic and too careful about what the HMs do.

As long as they dont say anything racist, you know how the Indians were during CBB5, getting involved on news channels when it didnt really concern them about what happened on Our Big Brother even if Shilpa was indian.

It could go either way,

If BB11 is full of Fights and Drama that makes Headlines then it will boost ratings.

Most would think this would mean BB12 (on another channel) would get ratings, plus the chance of another Brocaster picking it up would be higher, however if it gets too controversial then another Brodcaster might not want to touch it at all.

Not that Channel 4 would give a ****, so tbh I think BB11 will be controversial.

I can see the producers making it a brilliant series and returning to their old ways before Jade Goodys big Gob ruined everything.

I dont want to get my hopes up for a good series though, after what happened with BB10.

Jack_
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I'd like to hope that's the case. I mean, they may as well send it off in style. They need to purposely create arguments, shove really eccentric people in there, and do things like stealing all their clothes for no reason or locking the bedroom and taking away toilet roll.

I think I'm getting my hopes up too much.

ILoveTRW
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
it not the producers that dont want controversy. Its the C4 executives, thats why BB has been canceled because of it potential to tarnish C4 reputation

Jack_
10-12-2009, 09:56 PM
it not the producers that dont want controversy. Its the C4 executives, thats why BB has been canceled because of it potential to tarnish C4 reputation

That's my point. C4 have held Big Brother back because they don't want controversy. So seeing as the contract is up after next year, BB producers may as well just go for it and basically say up yours to C4.

Patrick
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd like to hope that's the case. I mean, they may as well send it off in style. They need to purposely create arguments, shove really eccentric people in there, and do things like stealing all their clothes for no reason or locking the bedroom and taking away toilet roll.

I think I'm getting my hopes up too much.

Yeah they should show Nominations and stuff, and maybe even do what they did once in BB9.

Where they called Alexandra to the Diary Room, had her bitch about a Housemate and then played the entire conversation over the house :joker:

She was gutted, but unfortunalty it didnt create an argument because it was only about Mohammed and apperantly BB did it by 'Accident'

But BB11 should really get evil and do things like this,
I hated..completely hated how Big Brother was such a Push Over during Summer, they let the Housemates walk over it.

No one nominated in the last few weeks.

Marcus bullied Big Brother but thats just Marcus being a legend and Im thankful they didnt kick him out for it :)

But for BB11 they should create bigger punishments and make the Housemates know whos incharge.

newshoes
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
channel 4 will ensure that BB11 is a remake of the waltons
endemol have no say in the matter
i'm expecting it to be worse than BB10 if that's possible
making it unwatchable for me

Patrick
10-12-2009, 09:59 PM

Okay then I hope your not planning on spreading Negativity around the forum when BB11 is on :)

Nothing can be worst than BB10..

(I might actually regret saying that but hopefully not)

newshoes
10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
That's my point. C4 have held Big Brother back because they don't want controversy. So seeing as the contract is up after next year, BB producers may as well just go for it and basically say up yours to C4.

i'm sure endemol have been pissed off by channel 4 's attitude
but there's not a lot they can do about it.
channel 4 decide what is broadcast and when.

Stacey.
oopss, im thick, sorry!:D
what does controversial mean?

Jack_

You know, you're probably right. But we can always dream and hope eh? :joker:

newshoes
10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Okay then I hope your not planning on spreading Negativity around the forum when BB11 is on :)

Nothing can be worst than BB10..

(I might actually regret saying that but hopefully not)

i really hope i'm wrong ,if i'm wrong i will be on the forum
if i'm right i will be elsewhere.
i have no faith in channel 4 producing the goods next summer.endemol can't really say much as they are getting paid plus no doubt they will want to flog more shows to channel 4 / e4 in the future

Smithy
11-12-2009, 10:33 PM
in a word no
everything is far too PC

Beastie
12-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah they want Vinnie Cooke and Joshwa Platic for bb11!

InOne
12-12-2009, 12:19 PM
After the Shilpa and that big fight, no way. C4 has changed so much in like that past 5 years. I think that is why they got so many wannabe's this year. And it was not a coincidence we had a nice shiney winner.

alc09
12-12-2009, 12:20 PM
The show will hit an all time low this summer sadly, just you wait.

Patrick
12-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah they want Vinnie Cooke and Joshwa Platic for bb11!

Clearly they dont

Beastie
12-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Clearly they dont

Lol they have nothing to lose for bb11 but if they are too controversial for the last celeb bb I am thinking bb11 could be axed? so maybe they should be careful for the last celeb bb? who knows? Well they should NOT be careful but we have the sad pathetic people who ring ofcom and even more sad pathetic people who join the bandwagon.

Oh and that Vinnie Cooke and Joshwa Plastic were rumoured to go on bb10 but apparently they were too controversial or something. There is stories about them on the bb10 thread somewhere.. there was a picture of Vinnie shagging a snowman.

ChrisCoutureUK
13-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Vinnie Cook was mentioned on Heatworld as a possible BB10 housemate. If he was a possibility, that will probs be why he didn't get on.

Most potential housemates who appear in the tabloids end up not getting in. Karly was lucky this year.