PDA

View Full Version : Should The Housemates Be Able To Hear The Crowd Again?

Jordan.
18-12-2009, 01:07 PM
On the evictions instead of in the studio?

Sam!
18-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah it adds to the atmosphere.

Jordan.
18-12-2009, 01:09 PM
^ I agree!

Poll Added!!

King Gizzard
18-12-2009, 01:10 PM
yes deffinetely,

I find it so frustrating when HM's dont know that everyone hates them

Take BB10 for example, Bea and Lisa were like ''Ooh the public love us weve not been voted out'' If only they could hear the horrendous abuse they were getting. :(

Beastie
18-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah I remember in bb6 when Davina read everyone's names out. Maxwell got the most cheers, lol he was so happy. This was in week 1 or 2 though then he became less popular. So yes, please bring back the audience boo's and cheer's on evicition nights! muahaha! We don't want any bloody BLOCK VOTING.

Patrick
18-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes!

Its so funny when a HM that thinks their loved, gets booed :joker:

Its intresting to see how they change.

It really is brilliant, I just loved when Davina would say (example:) ...

Tom *Cheers* Annie *Cheers* Bob *BOOOOOO*
And then Bobs face would be like :shocked:

:)

Bring it back for BB11!

Jords
18-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes absolutely! I prefer it, gets them worried :laugh:

BBDodge
18-12-2009, 11:16 PM
No. Try to keep them in ignorance of how they are perceived on the outside world.

It's always great to see their faces on eviction nights when they are so wrong about who is unpopular.

Beastie
19-12-2009, 02:53 AM
No. Try to keep them in ignorance of how they are perceived on the outside world.

It's always great to see their faces on eviction nights when they are so wrong about who is unpopular.

The public are flakey anyway. One week someone could get cheers, the next BOO's!

*mazedsalv**
19-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Even though i liked the change before, I really miss the HMs being able to hear the crowd, it makes more of an atmosphere.

WOMBAI
19-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah it adds to the atmosphere.

:thumbs: I also like that the nasty ones can hear that they are not as popular as they think they are!

Braden
27-12-2009, 11:09 AM
yeah they should, it's nice to let the other housmates know if there friends or enemy's are hated or not.

Matt
27-12-2009, 11:17 AM
No they shouldn't. One of the most fundamental rules of Big Brother is no contact with the outside world, and therefore the housemates shouldn't be able to find out how the public are perceiving them.

And as BBDodge said, their faces are pictures when someone they think is popular is evicted :laugh:

Brekkie
29-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Absolutely not. We need to see how the housemates react to the eviction, not how the audience reacts - and most of the time the audiences reaction isn't reflective of the viewers reaction anyway, for example with Aisleyne.

DrunkerThanMoses
29-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes and No.

I like and miss the "Get Grace Out" Chants and to see their faces being booed when their name was read out. :)

However it is also lovely to see their face when their evicted thinking their popular lmao and its just booooos :)

BB11UK
30-12-2009, 04:00 PM
YES! Absolutely!!!

"GET GRACE OUT" was one of the best BB moments. The Queen of Bitching suddenly knocked off her throne as she, and everyone else, realise she is hated big time. Then all her little minions turned their backs on her one-by-one - it adds drama, tension and tears.

And let the housemates go to the door to say goodbye rather than being locked in a room at the other end of the house. It's better when they listen at the door to hear if they get boos or cheers, and then sit around speculating why they were loved/hated so much, and start to question themselves.

Beastie
30-12-2009, 04:26 PM
YES! Absolutely!!!

"GET GRACE OUT" was one of the best BB moments. The Queen of Bitching suddenly knocked off her throne as she, and everyone else, realise she is hated big time. Then all her little minions turned their backs on her one-by-one - it adds drama, tension and tears.

And let the housemates go to the door to say goodbye rather than being locked in a room at the other end of the house. It's better when they listen at the door to hear if they get boos or cheers, and then sit around speculating why they were loved/hated so much, and start to question themselves.

Muahahahaha! Yes they should be able to hear the noises at the door again. I mean when the evicted housemate gets up to the door but they are not really evicted.. the door opens anyway with the audience screaming because they were told too and then the housemate goes off to a secret room through a secret door. They did this in bb5 with michelle and emma and bb7 with aishleyne and the housemates were still able to listen at the door :D

Beastie
30-12-2009, 04:28 PM
A lot of the audience are teeny boppers anyway!

Tom
30-12-2009, 08:05 PM
No, its so much better then the housemates inside are deluded about who is liked/hated. Its better to see their faces when they're being booed because they can't prepare themselves!!

Think BB9 with everyone thinking Kat would win and Rachel would be hated, BB10 with everyone thinking Charlie would win!

Brekkie
31-12-2009, 02:23 PM
YES! Absolutely!!!

No it wasn't - it was one of the worst moments in BB history and took the shine off what otherwise was a fantastic show - the Golden Ticket twist. The views of the thousand or so absolute morons outside the house then disastrously affected the game itself, robbing the show of the only person that year who was openly and honestly playing the game, leaving those sneaky and conniving gameplayers such as Richard to sail through to the end.

One thing from BB1 which is often forgotten but looking back is actually quite a moment is the housemates getting to stick their heads out of the door as the evictee left. Back then the nominees families would also be waiting by the house gates and the HMs would get a rare glimpse of them which probably meant more to them than we'll ever know. Davina would also often give them a wave and say "see you next week" or something as she met the evictee.

If introduced now we'd probably see it as too much contact, but it was very effective back then and certainly a lot nicer to watch than the evictee coming out alone to a baying mob and Davina pretending it's totally acceptable to boo people in such a manner when often their only crime is either being nice - or god forbid, wanting to win the gameshow they're competing in.

Tom
01-01-2010, 02:36 PM
No it wasn't - it was one of the worst moments in BB history and took the shine off what otherwise was a fantastic show - the Golden Ticket twist. The views of the thousand or so absolute morons outside the house then disastrously affected the game itself, robbing the show of the only person that year who was openly and honestly playing the game, leaving those sneaky and conniving gameplayers such as Richard to sail through to the end.

It was a classic moment though. That show felt like a massive event and it completely changed the game. Grace thought she was loved, and she was hated. But it was a complete one off. 'Get ____ Out' chants don't have the same effect anymore because theres a new one every week whereas in BB7 there was only Grace, and Aisleyne got a weak one towards the end.

Brekkie
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
It was a classic moment granted, but at what price? If it hadn't had happened, Grace may have survived longer and her attitude to the others and how they react to her might have provided a better pay off in the long run.

Look at Nasty Nick for example and how great it was to see his actions slowly being discovered by the others and ultimately the other HMs, not BB or the viewers, pulling him to task over it. If back then they could have heard "Get Nick Out" chants he'd have probably been evicted in the second week and that classic moment would never have happened.

Marc
02-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah definately. I used to love when the housemates heared they were hated. e.g. Grace and Sezer :)

danda012
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
While "GET GRACE OUT" was funny, the fact the crowd started doing it every week to other housemates began to give housemates information about outside world.

Brekkie
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Saskia and Maxwell in BB6 suffered for it too. The week they were all up for eviction the crowd cheered them both, and then this perception both inside and outside the house that they thought they were invincible appeared, although in reality it was a perception put upon them by the other housemates rather than anything they did themselves. Within a couple of week they had both gone.

_Seth
02-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Yes it added so much to it.

MusicMan
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
I found eviction night quite dead in comparison when they didn't allow crowd noise.
I liked it when the fake crowd noise (the one that's played into the house) stops, then the real crowd starts, builds more suspense i think
Also I liked seeing the shocked expressions on the housemates faces when they get booed :D
So yeah bring back Davina announcing the eviction with the crowd!

Tom
02-01-2010, 05:55 PM
It was a classic moment granted, but at what price? If it hadn't had happened, Grace may have survived longer and her attitude to the others and how they react to her might have provided a better pay off in the long run.

Look at Nasty Nick for example and how great it was to see his actions slowly being discovered by the others and ultimately the other HMs, not BB or the viewers, pulling him to task over it. If back then they could have heard "Get Nick Out" chants he'd have probably been evicted in the second week and that classic moment would never have happened.

I think Grace was evicted at the right time. I think she'd done enough. Plus remember Susie nominated that week anyway so it would've been the same result. She knew exactly what she was doing by putting Nikki up against her (Favourite v bitch)

Patrick
02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
It would of been amazing for BB10 with Lisa and Bea :joker:

Jamie_Grandison
03-01-2010, 01:28 PM
yeah! I want another season like 6 or 7 !!

geoking66
10-01-2010, 03:58 AM
Yes, the Vanessa upset face/subsequent crowd laughter and Get Grace Out are two of my favourite memories. Although I'm pretty big on "no outside contact," Davina announcing it in front of everyone was kind of powerful.

Raph
10-01-2010, 06:30 AM
No, its so much better then the housemates inside are deluded about who is liked/hated. Its better to see their faces when they're being booed because they can't prepare themselves!!

Think BB9 with everyone thinking Kat would win and Rachel would be hated, BB10 with everyone thinking Charlie would win!

Rachel <3
aww but no, it's worth it, it's so much funn (:

Raph
10-01-2010, 06:31 AM
yeah! I want another season like 6 or 7 !!

yess (:
season 7 and 9 were the best 2 ever <3