PDA

View Full Version : Where were you when you got the news that...

Patrick
28-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Big Brother UK Has been axed?

Lol Everyone remembers where they were when they got the news about Elvis and Michael Jackson dieing, so im sure Massive BB Fans know where they were when you found out BB11 Would be the last series on Channel 4.

I wasnt allowed on the computer or outside for ages because I was being a prat to my family, so I was so bored but when my mum went shopping I went on my brothers laptop and quickly went on TiBBs Homepage and I was just gutted when I saw the post saying 'Channel 4 axe Big Brother'
I just turned off the laptop and sat there for ages lol

So thats how I found out, what about you all, And what was your reaction?

MarkWaldorf
28-12-2009, 05:17 PM
i was too busy not giving a **** to take it in.

Patrick
28-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Take it your not a fan :joker:

Tom
28-12-2009, 05:19 PM
On TiBB I think

Maybe IBB I don't really know tbh. Or care.

Matt
28-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I was watching an episode of Big Brother USA.

Captain.Remy
28-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I was on holidays with my friends in Corsica. I was about to go to bed and I wanted to get some info on what was happening in the house because I had no clue. I went on Internet with my mobile phone and got to BBSpy. Then I knew. I was feeling sad and weird because this show taught me English basically.
But then life goes on.

Jack_
28-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I was in the middle of my holiday in Turkey, I'd popped up with my second cousin and some other members of our group to go into the internet cafe, as usual I came on here and saw the news. Was a bit disappointed, but I was expecting the news at some point anyway. After that I came off and went back to the pool and forgot all about it I think. :joker:

King Gizzard
28-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Its not that big about to have a 'where were you' about it lol

Patrick
28-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Its not that big about to have a 'where were you' about it lol

I know lol

The thread isnt ment to be that serious though, just random.

BigSister
28-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I think i came home from work and it was on sky news. I think anyway

Beastie
28-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I can't remember but when I knew I just thought "it is going to come back after a few years anyway" JUST YOU WATCH!

Patrick
28-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I think i came home from work and it was on sky news. I think anyway

Sky News?

Was it on the news?
I thought no one gave a **** about it lol

Tom
28-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Sky News?

Was it on the news?

Sky News run stories about anything though, I think there was a story on Sky News when Fern Britton left This Morning (seriously).

Stacey.
28-12-2009, 06:07 PM
My dad had heard it on the radio - 100.7 | Heart FM
he came downstairs and said about it,also then my nan and grandad told me later on :(
I was gutted tbf, and i still am.

Jack_
28-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Sky News?

Was it on the news?

As far as I remember when the news was announced and I went on Facebook it was all over it. People were more happy than disappointed though. :joker:

Braden
28-12-2009, 06:10 PM
I Was In School,
I Got Home And Went On The Computer, And Then I Was Gutted

iRyan
31-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Don't be too gutted guys! You can still watch our Big Brother here in the US. Last season was the highest rated EVER, so ours definitely isn't going anywhere.

Maybe they will start showing it in England, too.

Tom4784
31-12-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't remember and couldn't care to be honest.

Shaun
31-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I was skydiving in the Himalayas when a friendly owl hooted it to me.

Glenn.
31-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure. At work I think. Can't really remember.

Patrick
31-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Don't be too gutted guys! You can still watch our Big Brother here in the US. Last season was the highest rated EVER, so ours definitely isn't going anywhere.

Maybe they will start showing it in England, too.

Yeah but no one gives two ***** about the **** USA version.

We love the UK version and thats that, and tbh it was shown in the UK before and failed because we didnt like it.

Its OTT and annoying and boring.

And its no surprise you think it will probley air in the UK soon, wouldnt surprise me.
Americans think the UK loves their shows so air just about everything in the UK, But do we air BB UK In America? No.

So thanks for the kind post mate, you seem like a really cool guy.
But quite frankly no one is in the mood to watch BBUSA when were loosing BB UK for a few years before its picked up by another brodcaster.

Patrick
31-12-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure. At work I think. Can't really remember.

Your SIG looks so cool.

Tom4784
31-12-2009, 12:19 AM

We love the UK version and thats that, and tbh it was shown in the UK before and failed because we didnt like it.

And its no surprise you think it will probley air in the UK soon, wouldnt surprise me.
Americans think the UK loves their shows so air just about everything in the UK, But do we air BB UK In America? No.

But quite frankly no one is in the mood to watch BBUSA when were loosing BB UK for a few years before its picked up by another brodcaster.

Patrick, sometimes it's better to THINK before you speak.

BBUSA has fans in the UK, it has a following on this site. The reason why it never does well here on TV is because it's on a Digital Channel that doesn't publicise it. Also try to keep your RAMPANT xenophobia out of things since it basically voids anything you have to say.

Nicky.
31-12-2009, 12:24 AM

Um, I was closely behind this cool dude. :)

Patrick
31-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Patrick, sometimes it's better to THINK before you speak.

BBUSA has fans in the UK, it has a following on this site. The reason why it never does well here on TV is because it's on a Digital Channel that doesn't publicise it. Also try to keep your RAMPANT xenophobia out of things since it basically voids anything you have to say.

I do think before I speak.
No infact, most people in the UK havent heard of BBUSA and Dezzy you know thats the truth so dont say im speaking for everyone when I have no idea what im on about.

BB USA may have 'followers' on here, obviously not as much as BBUK.
But this is A BIG BROTHER Forum so obviously everyone on here will have heard of BB USA and everyone on here spends alot of time on computers there for were not thick and we know where to go if we wanted to watch BBUSA.

But to the majority of the UK, who now dont even like BB UK that much never mind BBUSA, the majority of the UK havent heard of BBUSA.

Seriously though if you walked down the street and asked anyone if they have heard of BBUK they would either say 'Yes I hate that **** show' or 'Yes i love that' but if you ask them 'do you like BBUSA' they simply say 'WTF? Do America air Big Brother?'

So BBUSA only has followers in the UK if we all use Sites like this, and tbh not everyone does use sites like these do we.
So most people in the UK havent heard of BBUSA and even if for some **** pointless reason they decided to air it on E4 Again, the only people that would watch would be people who use forums.

Do you really think the average Brit would want to watch BBUSA when they dont even like our version?

Arneldo
31-12-2009, 12:26 AM
I was wanking off when sombody told me on MSN ... and I didn't stop.

DrunkerThanMoses
31-12-2009, 12:30 AM

God everyone is sex mad tonight :joker:

I heard about it when I got home in the morning after drinking all night.
But I thought I was dreaming as I didnt sleep :)

Patrick
31-12-2009, 12:32 AM

:joker::joker:

For some reason I actually belive this.

Tom4784
31-12-2009, 12:33 AM
I do think before I speak.
No infact, most people in the UK havent heard of BBUSA and Dezzy you know thats the truth so dont say im speaking for everyone when I have no idea what im on about.

BB USA may have 'followers' on here, obviously not as much as BBUK.
But this is A BIG BROTHER Forum so obviously everyone on here will have heard of BB USA and everyone on here spends alot of time on computers there for were not thick and we know where to go if we wanted to watch BBUSA.

But to the majority of the UK, who now dont even like BB UK that much never mind BBUSA, the majority of the UK havent heard of BBUSA.

Seriously though if you walked down the street and asked anyone if they have heard of BBUK they would either say 'Yes I hate that **** show' or 'Yes i love that' but if you ask them 'do you like BBUSA' they simply say 'WTF? Do America air Big Brother?'

So BBUSA only has followers in the UK if we all use Sites like this, and tbh not everyone does use sites like these do we.
So most people in the UK havent heard of BBUSA and even if for some **** pointless reason they decided to air it on E4 Again, the only people that would watch would be people who use forums.

Do you really think the average Brit would want to watch BBUSA when they dont even like our version?

But you said that NOBODY liked it in the post replying to iRyan, you're making assumptions of others based on your own opinion. It got a few hundred thousands viewers on E4 so it obviously wasn't an unknown entity in the UK. It still had a following which voids your point about nobody caring because some people do.

The main point I'm trying to say is don't talk for everybody because you'll rarely be right. I'm not trying to be nasty but if you get into a future debate with someone you have to put aside your own feelings and focus on the facts otherwise people will poke holes in your argument easily. Remember, rely on the facts and focus on contradictions :thumbs:

PooBay
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Having a dump.

Stacey.
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Having a dump.

:joker::joker::joker::joker:

Twilight
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Not caring

Stephanie
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
i was on tibb.

*mazedsalv**
01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I was on here i think, then later saw it on BBC News and I heard it on Radio One.

Lewis.
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
On BBC news.

Alf
01-01-2010, 02:40 PM
i was on the s**t house, reading the news of the world

CiaraD
01-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Probably on here, I didn't really care tbh.

iRyan
01-01-2010, 06:11 PM

What's your problem? The only season showed was BB9 which was the first series that aired in the middle of the year and was probably the worst series ever. If you want a real taste of BBUS, try BB10 or BB11.

All I'm trying to say is, if you need your BB fix while BBUK is gone, then there is at least our version left to watch and it won't be axed anytime soon like BBAUS and BBUK.

MusicMan
02-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I was on holiday in Spain watching David and Lisa having their London task dressed as aliens - I thought that was one of the best episodes of that series, then I read the Sun (I think it was old news by then but it was the first I'd heard of it!) I was initially really disappointed but I thought it had to end eventually, it's been on the downfall anyway.
I will miss it though obviously