PDA

View Full Version : What happens if this season gets very high ratings?

iRyan
31-12-2009, 09:08 PM
What if this season and CBB7 gets very high ratings, i'm talking about a series average of like 3-4 million for BB11 and 4-5 million for CBB7. Or even more. Do you think they would consider not axing it? What do you think would make the producers say "You know what, maybe we should do another season?".

Lewis.
31-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Probably not. I think unless it gets 6 odd million every night Big Brother is officially gone.

newshoes
01-01-2010, 12:20 PM
channel 4 would be gutted,it would be total embarrassment for them,i'd say it's definitely not coming back on channel 4

Tom4784
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
C4 will pat themselves on the back and plan the replacement as normal. High ratings can't save it, C4 have wanted to get rid for years.

Stu
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM
You don't get it. It's already been axed. Whatever whacky new shows they have planned for next summer are probably already in production. It's not coming back on Channel 4 in 2011. No matter what.

Captain.Remy
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM
It's too late and their decision is fine. It's already been axed. But it would suck if both CBB7 and BB11 are popular. Oh wait, I'm dreaming because they won't be.

*mazedsalv**
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
It's too late and their decision is fine. It's already been axed. But it would suck if both CBB7 and BB11 are popular. Oh wait, I'm dreaming because they won't be.

They could be, but wont be :(

Nicky.
01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I know at least 5 people I've spoken to who have said they never watch it, but are because it's the last one.... so it's very likely it'll happen :3

Patrick
01-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Agree with Nicky,
So many people I know havent watched since BB7, But are all saying they`ll watch BB11 because its the last one.

So it could very well bring in alot of ratings.

But will they bring it back?
No, they didnt sign the contract. Its too late now.

Its clear the people at Endemol arent fans of C4 airing it either, they have said they wanted LF for BB10 but C4 Just wouldnt air it.

So I think Endemol wants it just to go to another channel aswell, Channel 4 are broke little bitches now.

They think by axing Paul O Grady, Big Brother and more of their shows, and replacing them with some new ****, that it will make their channel get ratings.
Well it will fail.

Channel 4 shows very rarely get 3 Million, Big Brother has been the only Channel 4 show that can always get 3 Million at least a few nights (BB10 did get 3 Million at one stage)

But it will go to another channel, but unfortunatly we wont be seeing it on our screens at all in Summer 2011.
So lets all watch the Real World that summer :)

lol but hopefully by 2012...
a) Channel 4s New Shows would have failed and they will be crying for BB back.
b) Endemol would of arranged somthing with another brodcaster over airing BB12.

iRyan
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Well hopefully it gets picked up by a better channel. Maybe "reinvent" itself a little bit and then come back.

Brekkie
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Whatever happens the show needs a break and needs to cut a lot of the things it's most associated with - and I am talking about Marcus Bentley and Davina McCall.

The best scenario is for C4 to have second thoughts, but to rest the series for at least one or two years, before relaunching it as something "new" with new hosts, a new house (Elstree hasn't been suitable since BB6) and a complete rethink into how the show works and how it's broadcast. Celebrity BB should remain axed until at least after the second revived season, if not completely.

fuzzylovin
03-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Another channel might pick it up if channel 4 drops it, never know.
But really its wouldnt be right without it been on channel 4.

geoking66
10-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Around the halfway point, another channel could feasibly buy the show's rights for 2011 if it looks successful. As much as C4 for some reason hates Big Brother, it brings in a lot of money and still is one of the most talked about shows.

Jords
10-01-2010, 10:26 AM
It needs at least a years rest before it should return to whatever channel.

Stacey.
10-01-2010, 10:38 AM
it will probably stop this year anyway :bawling:
But, if only another channel could take it over... ;)
Anddd it would continue as it has been :thumbs: haha