PDA

View Full Version : BB11 Could Be Amazing If...

BB11UK
05-01-2010, 12:45 AM
This is how I think BB11 could go out with a bang (I know people hate that expression, but it does need to go out with a bang. We don't want it to be a huge flop.)

Let me know what you think is a good idea or a bad idea.

1. Ignore the people who say they want "normal" people in the house. This was the reason BB4 was a complete flop and resulted in advertisers pulling out. The most memorable years are BB3, BB5, BB6 and BB7, and they were the years that were filled with "freaks". Critics are always saying "its just a bunch of people sat in a house", but it's not if each HM has a story to tell and something unique and different about them. The different characters are almost certain to clash.

2. Ditch the tokens. No one is ever in the mood to be entertaining if they've been having cold showers, no alcohol, no music, and no treats. Give the housemates parties at any opportunity because the lack of food means they will get drunk quicker and more will happen. As past housemates have said: "they basically made us live off alcohol - that's what kept us going and made us so entertaining, because most of the time we were wasted."

3. BE CONTROVERSIAL! It's the last ever series, there is no need to worry about how the show will suffer in the future if something happens. Don't call them into the Diary Room as soon as their voices are raised - only intervene if it starts to get really nasty (on the verge of another BB5). Arguements cause drama and tension, creating entertainment for the public and therefore a reason to continue watching the show.

4. Live Feed or Longer Episodes. Either 24/7 live feed should return or the highlight show should be increased to either an hour and a half or 2 hours. The entrance VT's should also be a bit longer - one minute doesn't show us enough about the HMs when they go in. And music should be played as they walk to the house like on Celebrity BB.

5. No prize money...yet! Start the prize money at £0 and make them work for their money. Anyone refusing to nominate, breaking the rules, walking out, etc. will result in the prize fund going down. Tasks and secret missions will add money to the fund. And increase the prize money to £150,000 or even £200,000. (Celebs get paid about that for 3weeks in the house)

6. Break the cliche. Fans now know half of the characters that are going to enter the house. The womaniser, the glamour model, the gay dancer or fashion designer, an ex-Miss somewhere.
If them housemates are going to go in, they need something new to them. A glamour model who is a lesbian (like Sam Fox), a pretty girl who is also really clever and not just looking to get herself in Nuts Magazine, a gay guy who has a masculine background and another who is masculine. And a bunch of new characters (a complete geek, a strict Christian with a gay rights campaigner, a punky girl who isn't a lesbian or manly).

7. Give them a big launch night twist. My favourite idea is to give each housemate a secret mission upon entering. If they fail their secret mission they will face eviction in the first week (this means no nominations in the first week - which I don't agree with. People need to settle in first). Such as; secret mission for 'the womaniser' - convince everyone you're gay, secret mission for punky girl - be given a suitcase by BB and tell everyone it is yours - it is filled with really girly clothes, secret mission for posh person - convince everyone you are American and were a housemate in the US BB house. etc.

8. Rewards and Punishments. The Big Brother jail is so old now, it's just not fun anymore. If housemates break a rule and need to be punished they should have money taken from the prize fund (see 4) and get a separate punishment (such as; you are forbidden to sleep tonight. If you do, you will face eviction). They should also offer prizes throughout the series for certain tasks. The HM who passes the task gets; a holiday for two to..., a car, a certain amount of money, etc. It's an incentive to make the HM's get off their arse.

9. More interaction with the public. One housemate should be "The Player", were the public can go on the BB website and vote for something to make The Player do. The public should be able to vote in a halfway housemate via the BB website - their identity shouldn't be revealed but a small piece about this person should be all they have to go off.

10. Guests. I absolutely despise the idea to put in friends + family of HMs to try and stir something up. Thousands of people audition, and yet BB9 Nicole, BB10 Isaac and Kenneth, get to just walk in because they know a housemate without any auditions. I think they should introduce guests, so that friends, family and celebs can visit the house. Friends&Family will mean the HMs can't act around them if they're playing a game. Celebs could come in to help with certain tasks (like a cooking task with Gordon Ramsey, a singing task with Robbie Williams, a dance task with Kimberly Wyatt, a catwalk task with Kate Moss). This would also allow Davina to enter the house (as she wants to) but not stay overnight. I also think that a UK housemate and a US housemate should swap for a week, decided by the public.

11. Bring back the halfway house. I liked the halfway houses because it meant there was a twist as well as a fresh set of housemates. I think they could even have two houses at the start, each believing they're the only one. One is smaller than the other (House 1 has 9 HMs, House 2 has 6 HM's) and eventually with some big twist, they will merge into one big house.

I'll update if I come up with anything else. What do you think so far??

Vicky.
05-01-2010, 12:48 AM
I think seriously they should put an unlimited amount of booze in there...and increase the shopping budget by at least double. People arent going to be happy if they are starved, and we all know that they are more entertaining when drunk!

BB11UK
05-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I think seriously they should put an unlimited amount of booze in there...and increase the shopping budget by at least double. People arent going to be happy if they are starved, and we all know that they are more entertaining when drunk!

Completely agree 100%. The housemates are given one or two bottles of champagne to share between about 15 of them, and they get about 2 cans of cider each!!! Only lightweights would get wasted off that!

Patrick
05-01-2010, 12:55 AM
This is how I think BB11 could go out with a bang (I know people hate that expression, but it does need to go out with a bang. We don't want it to be a huge flop.)

Let me know what you think is a good idea or a bad idea.

The most memorable years are BB3, BB5, BB6 and BB7, and they were the years that were filled with "freaks". Critics are always saying "its just a bunch of people sat in a house", but it's not if each HM has a story to tell and something unique and different about them. The different characters are almost certain to clash.

Stop right there!

Ahem! BB9 had that too!
I have always said one of the main reasons BB9 was brilliant was because it had unique Housemates.

Kathreya - The mad cookie monster from Tailand
Sara - The Sex Obsessed Austrailian that loved to flirt
Darnell - The Albino that was paranoid and caused arguments
Rex - The legendary bossy stuck up chef, that caused alot of fights.. Spit Gate FTW!
Stephanie - The Fittest BB Contestant to ever walk through those doors!
Mikey - The Angry Pissed off blind scottish man
Mario & Lisa - The most craziest couple in BB History
Luke & Bex - Abit like Mario and Lisa, only they were hilarious and entertained the nation

Do you want me to go on because I could!

BB9 is so under rated, alot of people just blank it out when clearly it was just as good as the seasons you listed above.

Okay, I`ll continue reading the rest of your thread now :)

ForeverEndeavor
05-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Great ideas! I'm glad you're not against having two houses, like many seem to be. I think having something like a Halfway House or House Next Door adds to the series, but only if it's done right. Definitely more interaction is needed.

BB11UK
06-01-2010, 01:45 AM
12. To Save. The voting lines should change from "To Evict..." to "To Save...", by doing this you are keeping the big characters in the house and losing the boring characters. For example; BB10 first week saw the eviction of Beinazir (although I voted for her), because people were more interested in Cairon, Angel, Marcus and Sophia. And the same for the BB10 halfway housemates - Hira was evicted (thank God!) because David, Tom and Bea had more going for them.
HOWEVER, if it was "To Evict..." then it would have been Sophia in week one, and we wouldn't have had the Sophia/Saffia arguements.

kendal
06-01-2010, 04:10 AM
12. To Save. The voting lines should change from "To Evict..." to "To Save...", by doing this you are keeping the big characters in the house and losing the boring characters. For example; BB10 first week saw the eviction of Beinazir (although I voted for her), because people were more interested in Cairon, Angel, Marcus and Sophia. And the same for the BB10 halfway housemates - Hira was evicted (thank God!) because David, Tom and Bea had more going for them.
HOWEVER, if it was "To Evict..." then it would have been Sophia in week one, and we wouldn't have had the Sophia/Saffia arguements.

Agreed. If they used this, as well as requiring at least 3 people to be nominated, it could really come in handy when 2 HM's with big fanbases would get more save votes than a bore. I think it would work great, and I'm totally hoping there is a BB where the last few weeks are full of crazy characters and as much drama as the beginning!

Brekkie
06-01-2010, 04:14 PM
4. Live Feed or Longer Episodes. Either 24/7 live feed should return or the highlight show should be increased to either an hour and a half or 2 hours.

Live feed yeah, but longer episodes certainly not. Indeed they need knocking back to about 50 minutes as they were in BB5/6. They're supposed to be the highlights of the day, but all we get now is filler for most of the show - and the bits of interest like the nominations and tasks are covered relatively poorly compared to even the half hour shows of BB1-BB4, which never ever failed to show all nominations from all housemates.

Tom
06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Who were the freaks in BB3?

Vicky.
06-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Definitely agree to the vote to save. Been saying that since the third series.

tintedshadow
06-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Stop right there!

Ahem! BB9 had that too!
I have always said one of the main reasons BB9 was brilliant was because it had unique Housemates.

Kathreya - The mad cookie monster from Tailand
Sara - The Sex Obsessed Austrailian that loved to flirt
Darnell - The Albino that was paranoid and caused arguments
Rex - The legendary bossy stuck up chef, that caused alot of fights.. Spit Gate FTW!
Stephanie - The Fittest BB Contestant to ever walk through those doors!
Mikey - The Angry Pissed off blind scottish man
Mario & Lisa - The most craziest couple in BB History
Luke & Bex - Abit like Mario and Lisa, only they were hilarious and entertained the nation

Do you want me to go on because I could!

BB9 is so under rated, alot of people just blank it out when clearly it was just as good as the seasons you listed above.

Okay, I`ll continue reading the rest of your thread now :)

pretty much agree with this... btw is this whats happening for the final year?sort of like an all star cast type thing?

Tom
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Definitely agree to the vote to save. Been saying that since the third series.

Some take longer to come out of their shell though. Lisa would have been out of BB9 in week 1 and she was a legendary housemate.

BB11UK
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
pretty much agree with this... btw is this whats happening for the final year?sort of like an all star cast type thing?

Nope. There will be no All-star series. Big Brother 11 will be the same as every other series.

BB11UK
08-01-2010, 10:19 PM
13. No eviction panel. They eviction panel on BB10 was an interesting change, but meant the housemates didn't have much time to explain their experiences. When you have a psychologist, a celebrity guest AND Davina, there is little time for the housemate to have their say. The body language analysis and personal opinions should be kept for BBBM, not the eviction interview.

14. Back to basics. A large number of fans are wanting to see the return of the chickens, and I agree. BB producers have used the "evil BB" theme too much now, and if they want to make the housemates struggle more than they would at home then take away some of the luxuries they have and replace them with some challenges.
Can you see a wannabe glamour model or a rich kid who has had to do nothing in life cleaning out crap-filled chicken coops?

BB11UK
19-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Any other ideas?

Beastie
19-01-2010, 12:00 PM
There should be a vote to save... and also people should upload a 1 minute you tube video and a few weeks into the show.. BB shows like 10 of the video's and the public vote for the best 3 to put in, or the housemates choose which 3 they like the best.

smartalec2718
23-01-2010, 07:01 PM
These are great ideas. I especially agree with the vote to save, more alcohol/less tokens, less stereotypical housemates, and the "guest" concept. Unfortunately knowing BB's producers it's doubtful that any of these changes will be made or even seriously considered.

BB11UK, what's the chance of you taking over as producer?

Tom
23-01-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Big-Brother-11-needs-to-be-VOTE-TO-SAVE-not-VOTE-TO-EVICT/303874404691?ref=ts

JOIN THE VOTE TO SAVE CAMPAIGN,

and invite your friends!!

vote to save would save the *****ing show!

Vote to save would ruin the show. The show would be dominated by the same people from start to finish and will turn viewers away. People are also more likely to vote people out rather than keep them in.

Jayson
23-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you've listed there.

Brekkie
23-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Vote to save would ruin the show. The show would be dominated by the same people from start to finish and will turn viewers away. People are also more likely to vote people out rather than keep them in.
Exactly. It's BB's unique selling point and the show is all about evicting people, not saving them. It's an unpopularity contest - and it's certainly not worth introducing now.

Perhaps if BB was resurrected in a few years time the producers should at least consider a vote to save as they're starting afresh, but I really think the better option is to have a format which ensures just two nominees each week, and that way it's immaterial whether you evict or save.

Jack_
23-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Whether it's vote to save or not, they need to come up with a format in which bigger characters will be saved. Maybe changing nominations?

But something has to be done.

Jordan.
23-01-2010, 09:37 PM
This would be the perfect BB!

Great ideas :)

Tom
23-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Whether it's vote to save or not, they need to come up with a format in which bigger characters will be saved. Maybe changing nominations?

But something has to be done.

They need to fill the house BB5 style (ie engineering conflict with good mix of 'normal' and freaks.

The one thing BB has done over the years is attracted controversy. It has shyed away from it lately but with it being the last one and nothing to lose, they shouldn't be scared about it.

ButterflyGirl
23-01-2010, 10:37 PM
It's going to be amazing but also so sad because it will be the last one :(

ButterflyGirl
23-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Stay up late and get everyone else to so we can have all some great live feed to watch ::D:

lillouise
23-01-2010, 10:52 PM
good ideas, cant wait to watch it x

BB11UK
24-01-2010, 01:23 AM
These are great ideas. I especially agree with the vote to save, more alcohol/less tokens, less stereotypical housemates, and the "guest" concept. Unfortunately knowing BB's producers it's doubtful that any of these changes will be made or even seriously considered.

BB11UK, what's the chance of you taking over as producer?

Sadly, no chance. But if BB didn't put me in as a housemate, I'd want them to employ me as part of the team.

As a BB fanatic I would make sure this was the biggest and best BB ever!

BB11UK
28-01-2010, 02:22 PM
15. Decent Nomination Reasons.
One of the rules of BB are that you must give full and frank reasons for your nomination and if BB think your reason for nominating isn't good enough, you must do it again.

Last year I remember Karly nominating Freddie because "he stirs his tea really loudly and it's so annoying". That isn't a valid reason for nominating someone.

Braden
31-01-2010, 04:11 PM
They should just stop the basic rules and let them have fun.

They should also try and get people who hate it each other in the house, like ex-couples, colleagues who dislike each other and family members who haven't spoke in ages.

Stacey.
31-01-2010, 04:13 PM
we would get much better, more interesting characters in the final, if it was a vote to save all the way through :)

BB11UK
31-01-2010, 06:27 PM
It's an unpopularity contest - and it's certainly not worth introducing now.

It has never been an unpopularity contest. It's been an entertainment show that looks for the best personality in the same way The X Factor looks for the best singer.

The idea is that the winner was the best character in the house. Sadly the best characters mean they're bigger characters and therefore they generate a lot of lovers and haters, while the small characters blend into the background and get further with each week despite contributing very little.

For instance, in BB7 when Jayne broke the rules (yet again) and all her fellow HMs went up for eviction, Nikki ended up being evicted because she was the biggest character in there and while she had a lot of supporters, she also had a lot of haters. Her supporters had to vote for someone else in order to save her, but there were over 10HMs for them to choose from. Her supporters votes spread out amongst over 10HMs but her haters only needed to target one person - her.

And then there is BB10 when the new HMs failed to get Noirin and Freddie up for eviction and therefore faced the public vote themselves. If it was "to evict..." Bea, David and Tom would have got more votes than Hira as people didn't have an opinion on her. But because it was "to save..." Hira got the least votes for the same reason...and it was goodbye boring HM.

Brekkie
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Evictions need to shake things up though - if the so-called "boring" HMs go week after week the dynamic of the house rarely changes and as a result the show gets stale.

This series is the perfect example of evictions working perfectly as evictions of bigger dominating characters allowed quieter "boring" HMs to come out of their shell, and the dynamic of the house changed every week throughout the series - and hence made it a much better watch.

Novo
02-02-2010, 11:42 AM
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/pages/Big-Brother-11-needs-to-be-VOTE-TO-SAVE-not-VOTE-TO-EVICT/303874404691?ref=ts There is a facebook fanpage for this,

Only 202 fans

Disgusting

BB11UK
02-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Evictions need to shake things up though - if the so-called "boring" HMs go week after week the dynamic of the house rarely changes and as a result the show gets stale.

This series is the perfect example of evictions working perfectly as evictions of bigger dominating characters allowed quieter "boring" HMs to come out of their shell, and the dynamic of the house changed every week throughout the series - and hence made it a much better watch.

Yeah that makes sense. But it would be easier to have the occasional "to evict" than the occasional "to save". I think that would shake things up.

BB11UK
03-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Agreed with BB11UK again!

You like my ideas, don't you. :hugesmile: