PDA

View Full Version : Dublin - Big Brother 11

onederboy
16-01-2010, 07:52 PM
First time & Last time,

Enjoyed a pleasant phone chat last Tuesday, an hour after I sent in the application. I'd say it was purely sampling and to serve their curiosity.

Looking forward to the experience on Tuesday.

Not looking forward to "Stage 1"

Hope there will be a good atmosphere Tuesday in Dublin

*mazedsalv**
16-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Good Luck, and welcome to the forum! :)

bamf
16-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I'll be with you on Tuesday. I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago after I missed the call before Christmas.

One hour after application. Man, that's fast.

Don't worry about Stage 1. From what I've heard it sounds good.

What time you aiming to get there. I'm going for around 8.30/9am.

larderland
16-01-2010, 08:05 PM
First time & Last time,

Enjoyed a pleasant phone chat last Tuesday, an hour after I sent in the application. I'd say it was purely sampling and to serve their curiosity.

Looking forward to the experience on Tuesday.

Not looking forward to "Stage 1"

Hope there will be a good atmosphere Tuesday in Dublin

ye got a phonee call to what did they say to you?

onederboy
16-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll be with you on Tuesday. I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago after I missed the call before Christmas.

One hour after application. Man, that's fast.

Don't worry about Stage 1. From what I've heard it sounds good.

What time you aiming to get there. I'm going for around 8.30/9am.

I just hope I wont be overlooked by random picking..

I'll be there for that time to..

onederboy
16-01-2010, 08:18 PM
ye got a phonee call to what did they say to you?

She just asked me everything on my application and some thing about what housemates I haven't liked in the past.. which i didn't answer well because I do not always watch it.. I just said personality types I don't like.. then she transfered me to someone else that asked me to be there at 9 and to have my mobile on me..

bamf
16-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't think it's random. You're playing games for 10/20 mins before hand. So, they're going to be watching how you interact in that. If you contribute nothing, you won't get picked, if you do, you probably will. Of course, its all at the whim of the whoever is stamping the hands.

But you can always queue again.

fmk3007
17-01-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm looking for some feedback on whether it would be worth my time based on the following;

(1) Coming from the North the earliest I can possibly get to the RDS is around 10.30. This is a small concern.

(2) I have a job interview on Wednesday.(Typically this is only my 2nd interview in 6 months). I assume Wednesday would be the day of the 'callbacks'. Can anyone confirm from previous expierience? I'm thinking of phoning the RDS tomorrow and ask them what days Endemol have rooms booked for.

Arneldo
17-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I wont be able to be at RDS 'til half 12! I'm worried it'll be too late at that stage.

bamf
17-01-2010, 03:59 PM
On my phonecall, the lady said that you got there before lunch time, they'd definitely see you. So 10.30 should probably be ok, fmk3007. What time is your interview at?
I'm probably going to miss college if I get a callback for Wednesday. I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to be on any other day, though.

fmk3007
17-01-2010, 04:04 PM
My interview is at 12.30 (IN BELFAST).

It is so typical that it would work out like this.

Of course the chances of this actually becoming an issue are highly slim anyway

kshimasaki
17-01-2010, 04:21 PM
They do all of the rounds on the one day!!its not like in manchester!!it means that its a real long day though you could be there til 10!!

fmk3007
17-01-2010, 04:25 PM
They do all of the rounds on the one day!!its not like in manchester!!it means that its a real long day though you could be there til 10!!

Yeah? Thats great. Don't know how I'd get home like but anyway.

Do you mind if I ask how you know?

bamf
17-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Relieved to hear that. Btw, Gourmet Burger Kitchen across the road from the RDS has a deal on. Any gourmet burger for €5 and they are delicious.

Stacey.
17-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Jedward are from Dublin :D

bamf
17-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes, Lucan, but that would be X-Factor not BB.

Stacey.
17-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Yes, Lucan, but that would be X-Factor not BB.

i know :D
i guess you dont know about my jedward obsession yet :blush:

bamf
17-01-2010, 04:55 PM
No, I'm guessing its a massive one.

Did you see them on Little Brother?

Stacey.
17-01-2010, 05:26 PM
No, I'm guessing its a massive one.

Did you see them on Little Brother?

yer... more than massiveee :D LOL
yep, they were fantastic werent they!?
:dance:

Princess
17-01-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm gonna try get there for 8.15. Lil nervous but looking forward to it!

kshimasaki
18-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah? Thats great. Don't know how I'd get home like but anyway.

Do you mind if I ask how you know?

haha of course not!!i just got through all the rounds in dublin and then got to london and then the psychology round!!pulled out then to sit my leaving cert..still sort of regret it but sure anyway i might as well give it another go!! yea il never forget the diary room round in dublin..was soo funny but didnt get out til like half 9, it was pitch black and got so lost trying to find the bus stop!!what ever you do dont ask the security guard for directions, it was his fault i got lost!!!anyway GOOD LUCK!!!!!

onederboy
18-01-2010, 02:44 AM
haha of course not!!i just got through all the rounds in dublin and then got to london and then the psychology round!!pulled out then to sit my leaving cert..still sort of regret it but sure anyway i might as well give it another go!! yea il never forget the diary room round in dublin..was soo funny but didnt get out til like half 9, it was pitch black and got so lost trying to find the bus stop!!what ever you do dont ask the security guard for directions, it was his fault i got lost!!!anyway GOOD LUCK!!!!!

how did you do it :)
i'll see you tuesday!

onederboy
18-01-2010, 02:48 AM
I'm gonna try get there for 8.15. Lil nervous but looking forward to it!

save me a place...
you'll rock their socks off...

Tea you later!

Arneldo
18-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know an e-mail address for BB? I want to e-mail them about what time they would stop accepting people from the que. I tried the e-mail address they used to send out application forms but it just sends back an automated reply.

*mazedsalv**
18-01-2010, 09:02 AM
The more TIBB members that will audition, the more a chance someone could ACTUALLY go in.

Advice for any members if they do get in.... Stay up until late!!! doesnt look like we will be getting the red button :(

1000Usernames
18-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Anyone that's going to be arriving around 10.30 to dublin, I will be arriving around the same time.

Anyone getting the train?

:dance:

Beastie
18-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know an e-mail address for BB? I want to e-mail them about what time they would stop accepting people from the que. I tried the e-mail address they used to send out application forms but it just sends back an automated reply.

At Manchester they said doors close at 5:30.

bamf
18-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I think its probably earlier for the Dublin auditions.
One poster said they'll likely do the Diary Room stage tomorrow as well.

Iceman
18-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Traffic will be bad in Dublin, they just reopened the lanes near College Green, get there early..... just a little heads up...