PDA

View Full Version : Change of voting format for BB11...

Vicky.
18-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I think a change of format is in order for the last ever series of BB. To stop the bigger characters leaving first. Either switch to vote to SAVE every week or use my slightly more complicated idea below ;)

2 vote lines for each contestant, one to save, one to evict. People can chose this way to either kick out who they dont want, or save their favourite. This way the people who cause arguements etc are more likely to stay, thus making the program a bit more fun to watch.

Take the negative votes, away from the positive votes...and bang, theres your evictee, the one with the lowest total score. They would probably make more money that way too...

_Seth
18-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Definitely vote to save. No-one's gonna vote to save anyone boring. :)

missmez09
18-01-2010, 05:57 PM
agree with saving but the rest too complicated 4 viewers

Jords
18-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I like the second idea Vicky, then when there is a lot up, you can give a vote to save for your favourite, and a vote to evict to your least. :thumbs:

Vicky.
18-01-2010, 06:00 PM
agree with saving but the rest too complicated 4 viewers

Not really. You can vote who you want to save, OR vote who you want to evict if you really hate someone...not much complicated about that to be honest.

Beastie
18-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah vote to save! but if they do this.. it should be vote to save ALL THE TIME. Not when producers feel like it.. such as in the week when Hira went and it should have been LISA!! :(

Vicky.
18-01-2010, 06:37 PM
but if they do this.. it should be vote to save ALL THE TIME. (

Agreed.

From the first eviction.

Get rid of the wallflowers early on.

Smithy
18-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I think we should get free online voting :P

Callum
18-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah I like that idea Vick.

fmk3007
18-01-2010, 07:14 PM
It should always be 'Vote to save' as 'evicting' just removes interesting people.

The second idea whilst good in theorey wouldn't work as, well, people are idiots and would mess it up.

MeMyselfAndI
18-01-2010, 07:17 PM
WTF voting to save is exactly the same to evict when theres 2 people up, people who want sov out for instance would vote to save Nicola.. its not rocket science. it only would work with 3+ pple up for eviction

Big brother mainly has 2 people up for eviction so its not changing anything at all.

Next idea please:D

Vicky.
18-01-2010, 07:23 PM
WTF voting to save is exactly the same to evict when theres 2 people up

No its not at all.

Take this eviction for example.

Nicola is nice, but not many people have to strong an opinion on her, so are less likely to spend money to save her.

Sov has a lot of haters, but also many fans...

Therefore, more people would vote to save sov than nicola, so nichola would go.

The way it is, sov is going.

I dont understand how anyone could seriously think voting to save is the same as vote to evict...I think you are just on a massive windup mission to be honest.

Think of the week it was vote to save, and Hira went, do you honestly think if it was vote to evict she would have gone over the likes of lisa? No...point proven.

MeMyselfAndI
18-01-2010, 07:27 PM
No its not at all.

Take this eviction for example.

Nicola is nice, but not many people have to strong an opinion on her, so are less likely to spend money to save her.

Sov has a lot of haters, but also many fans...

Therefore, more people would vote to save sov than nicola, so nichola would go.

The way it is, sov is going.

I dont understand how anyone could seriously think voting to save is the same as vote to evict...I think you are just on a massive windup mission to be honest.

Think of the week it was vote to save, and Hira went, do you honestly think if it was vote to evict she would have gone over the likes of lisa? No...point proven.

erm.. can you read? Above i said if its more than 2 it changes the outcome, ie hira. But voting to save and evict are the same if 2 people are up

Sov and Nicola are up.
Evict
Everyone who wants sov out vote sov out
Everyone who wants Nicola out vote nicola out
Everyone who wants Sov in vote nicola out
Everyone who wants Nicola in vote sov out

If its vote to save

Everyone who wants sov out vote for nicola to stay
everyone who wants nicola out vote for sov to say
everyone who want sov in vote for sov to stay
everyone who want nicola in vote nicola to stay

Its exactly the same with 2 people.
Therefore the outcome would be the same.

Tom
They used vote to save/evict in Australia, apparently it worked really well

Although people do slip under the radar, sometimes its for their own good especially at the start of the series because they develop into big characters by the end. But some don't. I think what should happen is there should be a vote to evict for the first 6 weeks, then it should switch to a vote to save for the second half of the series. By the middle people are usually out of their shell anyway.

I don't think something so drastic should be done to the BBUK voting system whilst its still on C4. If its picked up, by all means do save/evict.

Vicky.
No it wouldnt at all.

And you know it, you just like being argumentitive.

Patrick
18-01-2010, 07:33 PM
pmsl
You could just picture Marcus Bentley at the end of the HL Shows trying to explain the new voting format all in the space of 10 seconds ..

'somthing somthing somthing take away the poistive votes, and theres your evictee.. 10p from each call will be donated to charity..'

I think Evicting is more cruel, and its Evicting from a house.
So many idiots use the term EVICT on newer reality shows to try and copy BB, clearly evict means to be evicted from a home not a Love Island or a Jungle etc

But voting to save does keep in more entertainers, if it was vote to save tonight Sov would stay.

BB11UK
19-01-2010, 01:32 AM
WTF voting to save is exactly the same to evict when theres 2 people up, people who want sov out for instance would vote to save Nicola.. its not rocket science. it only would work with 3+ pple up for eviction

Big brother mainly has 2 people up for eviction so its not changing anything at all.

Next idea please:D

Incorrect, it isn't the same at all.

Let's say these are the housemates up for eviction:

HM1 is a complete bitch and stirs up a lot of trouble, but they're also the one to bring fun, energy and laughter into the house.
HM2 is very quiet. They tend not to get involved in any major event, they prefer to sit back and say nothing - therefore being seen as "the nice one".
HM3 is a good looking girl who is in the middle of a BB romance with "the hottie". Things aren't as formed as they could be, but they're clearly more than just friends.

If the voting is "To Evict", HM1 and HM3 will get the most votes as they're the bigger characters. Even though HM2 doesn't bring anywhere near as much entertainment to the show, people have more of an opinion on the bigger characters, which means that while they have many supporters, they also have many haters.

If the voting is "To Save", HM2 is most likely to be evicted as they'll be the least popular out of the 3. Because the other 2 are bigger characters, they have more supporters, while HM2 tends to go fairly unrecognised.

HM3 will get a lot of jealous girls voting her out to separate her from the hot guy if it is "To Evict", but if it was "To Save" she would get a lot of people saving her to see the romance progress.

Vicky.
19-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Incorrect, it isn't the same at all.

Let's say these are the housemates up for eviction:

HM1 is a complete bitch and stirs up a lot of trouble, but they're also the one to bring fun, energy and laughter into the house.
HM2 is very quiet. They tend not to get involved in any major event, they prefer to sit back and say nothing - therefore being seen as "the nice one".
HM3 is a good looking girl who is in the middle of a BB romance with "the hottie". Things aren't as formed as they could be, but they're clearly more than just friends.

If the voting is "To Evict", HM1 and HM3 will get the most votes as they're the bigger characters. Even though HM2 doesn't bring anywhere near as much entertainment to the show, people have more of an opinion on the bigger characters, which means that while they have many supporters, they also have many haters.

If the voting is "To Save", HM2 is most likely to be evicted as they'll be the least popular out of the 3. Because the other 2 are bigger characters, they have more supporters, while HM2 tends to go fairly unrecognised.

HM3 will get a lot of jealous girls voting her out to separate her from the hot guy if it is "To Evict", but if it was "To Save" she would get a lot of people saving her to see the romance progress.

Thanks...you put it across a lot better than I could. :)

Jack_
19-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Love the idea, but I don't think two numbers would work very well on screen, if you get me? At the very least it needs to be a vote to save, though.

Will it ever happen though? Nope.

BB11UK
20-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks...you put it across a lot better than I could. :)

You're welcome. I knew what you meant :wink:

Arneldo
20-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I would have agreed with this last year, or maybe the year before. but it's the final series so I think stick with tradition and keep it vote to evict.

Also, a vote to save only works when it's 3+ people nominated, and the evict/save has bearly any effect and 9/10 usually results in the housemate with the most evict votes going home anyway.

Arneldo
20-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Here is a wee graph, taken from BB Australia. They used the save/evict format for two series in 2006 and 2007.

Just shows how save/evict voting works:

http://i45.tinypic.com/30v22ae.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/jkanv7.jpg

BB11UK
20-01-2010, 12:49 AM
I would have agreed with this last year, or maybe the year before. but it's the final series so I think stick with tradition and keep it vote to evict.

Also, a vote to save only works when it's 3+ people nominated, and the evict/save has bearly any effect and 9/10 usually results in the housemate with the most evict votes going home anyway.

I disagree.

I think that with it being the final series they need it to be as good as possible, and if changing it to "To Save" will keep the more entertaining people in the house, that's what they need to do.

I'm re-watching Series 7 and have just gone past the bit where Nikki was evicted. Jayne had broken the rules and all housemates except her were facing eviction.
It was "To Evict..." and because it was a really bad week for Nikki, and she was more moany, sad, etc. than normal and kept saying she wanted to go home, she got the most votes and was evicted.

But if it was "To Save..." her and Pete would have got the most votes and it would have been one of the boring housemates like Imogen or Susie that would have got evicted.

Possiblehousemate
21-01-2010, 10:24 AM
AAAAAH! This would be amazing! As a possible housemate i would not be afraid to tell people to shut there mouth and generally run riot and craziness in the house, I want it to be a big party but i know if it is to evict i'll be out in the first week or two as a big character!

Vote to save all the way through would make it the best big brother ever!!!

I don't get why they havent done this yet? It frustrates me!!
Also if they do this they should TELL the housemates it is vote to save to encourage them to entertain! :P

Possiblehousemate
21-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Could we start a facebook group or something?!

Saying BIG BROTHER SHOULD BE 'VOTE TO SAVE' not 'VOTE TO EVICT'

and get loads of members!! I'd set it up but i can't because my identity needs to remain anonymous! but i really think somebody should!

Possiblehousemate
21-01-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Brother-11-needs-to-be-VOTE-TO-SAVE-not-VOTE-TO-EVICT

HERE!! IS THE PAGE!!

PLEASE JOIN AND INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS! If anybody wants to take it over please say because i can't really be involved any more than this, i used a fake account to create it.