PDA

View Full Version : How should they do the BB11 launch?

Tom
18-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Well the CBB7 launch was very OTT, camp and theatrical all tying in with the 'hell' theme ... what should they do for BB11? It would be a shame to revert to housemates getting out of the car, through the crowd and up the stairs.

LadySovereignFTW
18-01-2010, 11:01 PM
They should be parachuted in.:devil:

BB11UK
19-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I agree, but I'm not sure what would be the best idea. They changed it from a car to a van in BB9, but I agree it should be something bigger.

Hmm...what about a small lift that takes them down the floor (click on the link to see what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok14p9BHsSc).

Patrick
19-01-2010, 12:21 AM

No seriously everytime someone asks somthing to do with the launch theres always that odd randomer saying 'Blow them into the house' or 'Parachute in'

Its not gona happen and its not funny.

BB11UK
19-01-2010, 12:37 AM
No seriously everytime someone asks somthing to do with the launch theres always that odd randomer saying 'Blow them into the house' or 'Parachute in'

Its not gona happen and its not funny.

Completely agree. It's so pathetic and immature when you make threads and people leave stupid answers.

And it's always the same people as well.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I like it when they get out of the car and take a long walk in.. I don't want them to meet Davina before they go in..

They could get dropped off in a red bus? lol

Arneldo
21-01-2010, 12:14 PM
If should be Davina in the studio with a small crowd, with no crowd outside. Davina does her usual job with announcing who's next, and giving us little bits of info as the housemate exits the car the walks into the house with no crowd outside.

Beastie
21-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Or the housemates should be at the back of a red bicycle that takes them to the carpet.. lol

Smithy
21-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I think it should be something to do the theme of a series.
or maybe walking down a staircase from somewhere, onto the main stage then into the house

BB11UK
21-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Or the housemates should be at the back of a red bicycle that takes them to the carpet.. lol

Sorry, but, no!

Brekkie
22-01-2010, 01:52 PM
If should be Davina in the studio with a small crowd, with no crowd outside. Davina does her usual job with announcing who's next, and giving us little bits of info as the housemate exits the car the walks into the house with no crowd outside.
I agree, in an ideal world. Won't happen though!

CBB had the best launch show in years though - so be a bit cheekier with the intro vids and give the crowd more reasons to cheer than boo. Keep the music (they should have kept that for the evictions too) and basically make it a slick production as it was a couple of weeks ago, and as it certainly wasn't for BB10.

Not too bothered either way if the cars return - don't really think it would make a huge difference.

BB11UK
22-01-2010, 02:54 PM

That would be so boring!!!

That's like the BBUS entrance. They have no crowd for entrances/evictions and it just looks lame!

BB11UK
22-01-2010, 03:01 PM
AGRREEEEED with BB11UK

I just find it funny when I see the same people writing "this needs to be the best one ever - the most entertaining", and then they write lame ideas like this that would make the show look like it has died on it's arse.

Captain.Remy
22-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Helicopters + music + huge crowd + different stairs.

Perfect. :hugesmile:

Brekkie
23-01-2010, 09:27 PM

That's like the BBUS entrance. They have no crowd for entrances/evictions and it just looks lame!

Not at all because it takes the focus away from the crowd reaction and on to the housemates reaction, making it far more intimate. Look at last night's eviction announcements - any suspense absolutely ruined by the idiots outside the house chanting "Get Stephen Out".

Yes, a good crowd can really add to the atmosphere, but a bad crowd can put a huge dampener on things - and for too many years the BB crowd has done just that.

Tom
23-01-2010, 09:52 PM

The housemates would have no idea what the public think- for example in BB7 when Lea was booed on the way in, she went on about it for months. And if someone is cheered, they might believe the hype. Plus it leaves a bit of a mystery for the viewer and allows them to make up their own mind

If done properly it could be really good

ButterflyGirl
23-01-2010, 10:40 PM
They should arrive in helicopter's ! lol

BB11UK
24-01-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm actually really liking the idea of the helicopters. Although can you imagine all the banners held up by the crowd - it would be like a scene from Twister! haha.

Smithy
24-01-2010, 01:32 AM
On the back of a motorbike which drops them off right at the bottom of the stairs which lead into the house

BB11UK
24-01-2010, 01:37 AM
On the back of a motorbike which drops them off right at the bottom of the stairs which lead into the house

BB9 did that when they put in Stuart, Belinda, Maysoon and Sara and it didn't really work.

Brekkie
24-01-2010, 12:26 PM
The concept of the show is people are "cut off from the outside world", and having a crowd of 1000 directly outside the house doesn't really help that myth - that's why the bridge worked so well at Bow, there was a clear divide between the house and civilisation!

Launch would work just as well without the crowd, but they'd need to make the front of the house a bit more impressive - effectively give it a front garden, or something much more hi-tech.

Joe.
24-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Drop them all from a crane, however I do like the idea of the VT's being shown and then they don't walk through crowd, four of them are in a suspended cage in the garden and the hm's have to only pick 1 to release. (IAC sorta like?)

Smithy
24-01-2010, 01:01 PM
BB9 did that when they put in Stuart, Belinda, Maysoon and Sara and it didn't really work.

if they did it with flames and wheelies it might work

Joe.
24-01-2010, 01:05 PM
if they did it with flames and wheelies it might work

Yeah, but imagine if one slides into the crowds, omg the look on Dav's face!

Smithy
24-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but imagine if one slides into the crowds, omg the look on Dav's face!

rofl that would be amazing

Joe.
24-01-2010, 01:10 PM
rofl that would be amazing

And then the C4 technical fault thing comes up for half an hour, then Davina returns still shocked as she goes 'On to our, next housemate.'

Possiblehousemate
24-01-2010, 01:12 PM
EEEEVIL PPL!!! hahaha

Tom
24-01-2010, 01:30 PM
The concept of the show is people are "cut off from the outside world", and having a crowd of 1000 directly outside the house doesn't really help that myth - that's why the bridge worked so well at Bow, there was a clear divide between the house and civilisation!

Launch would work just as well without the crowd, but they'd need to make the front of the house a bit more impressive - effectively give it a front garden, or something much more hi-tech.

Bow wasn't that great though, the housemates could still hear the crowd (they were allowed out of the front door at one point and could see their family members!) and there was a public footpath directly next to the garden. I think the current house is in a better location, but I think the BB4 set up was the best with the gates etc and the crowd behind them with a huge gap between the bottom of the stairs and the crowd. I mentioned BB4 on the previous page as well, in terms of production I think it is head and shoulders above the rest, the only problem was the housemates!

Brekkie
24-01-2010, 10:05 PM
BB4 was definately the best set up at Elstree. At Bow yes they heard the crowd - but only when the eviction happened, not beforehand - and any noise then was disguised by BB playing music and relaxing sounds into the house, not torturous crowd noise which is annoying enough for us to watch, never mind them.

Interesting you make the point about them seeing their families out the front door too - I remember when watching a BB1 eviction last year thinking how we'd hate that if it was introduced now, but it worked quite well then, and gave the nominees a bit of a lift going into the next week. Davina saying "see you next week" was a nice touch too - but again something we wouldn't like introduced today.

BB11UK
05-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Just thought of an idea for BB11 Launch night.

First Housemate goes in and is directed straight to the Diary Room. Here they are told that they must stay silent while in the DR and will be shown the entrance VT of all of their fellow HMs as they enter.

They will be the first person to walk through the doors, but the last person to enter the actual house, and HMs will just think they're the last one to come in.

This person will then know exactly who the HMs are, what their intentions are and what they're like. As the HMs are all trying to make a good first impression by being nice and trying to fit in with everyone, the first HM will know the true side to them.

InOne
05-02-2010, 04:46 AM
lawl

Brekkie
05-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Just thought of an idea for BB11 Launch night.

First Housemate goes in and is directed straight to the Diary Room. Here they are told that they must stay silent while in the DR and will be shown the entrance VT of all of their fellow HMs as they enter.

They will be the first person to walk through the doors, but the last person to enter the actual house, and HMs will just think they're the last one to come in.

This person will then know exactly who the HMs are, what their intentions are and what they're like. As the HMs are all trying to make a good first impression by being nice and trying to fit in with everyone, the first HM will know the true side to them.
Nice idea, but I don't really like twists where the producers single out a contestant before the HMs have even entered the house (i.e. John on Celeb Hijack).

arista
05-02-2010, 11:50 AM

Yes that would be Special.

They drop down with a Trained gider.

They could do pre tests - to get it right

And it would hit the World News as a First
for a Big Brother.

King Gizzard
05-02-2010, 11:55 AM
i still want my idea to be done!!! when they get in theyre told they have to take their clothes off..not their underwear of course...and have to make their own clothes via sewing machines and the lark. for the first week of course

Joe.
05-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Nice idea, but I don't really like twists where the producers single out a contestant before the HMs have even entered the house (i.e. John on Celeb Hijack).

I agree, that was very unfair on Celeb Hijack.