PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to the Dublin auditionee's for today!

Beastie
19-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Good luck to the Dublin auditionee's for today!

:thumbs:

Beastie
19-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Hundreds queue for 'Big Brother' auditions in Dublin
19/01/2010 - 12:57:56

Hundreds of 'Big Brother' fans have showed up to auditions for the show in Dublin today.

The next series - which will air this summer - is the last ever of the Channel 4 reality TV show.

Producers of the hit show say they want Irish people because of their unique personalities.

However, would-be contestants should beware of the potential backlash from the public when their stint on the show comes to an end.

Irish hopefuls will have to wait until the summer to find out they are successful.

Patrick
19-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Yh hoping for a irish HM Tis year. But the producers are clearly looking in the wrong place 4 entertainment. They should of came to Belfast like they use to. Like someone said on here last nigpgt, Belfast is in NI Which obviously the English like to have it as the UK So maybe they should treat us like the other main cities in the UK And hold auditions here! Tbh they would of found far bigger personalities in Belfast than Dublin but oh well its there lost. All they can hope 4 is that people in Belfast can take time out to go dwn to bloody Dublin and audition.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, I won't be the Irish housemate :bawling:

Patrick
19-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, I won't be the Irish housemate :bawling:

Because you didnt audition.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Arneldo! You should go!! Auditions for the 1st round closed at like 5:30 in Manchester!

Beastie
19-01-2010, 03:40 PM
or Arneldo.. you could get your arse to the other auditions!

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Em, I'm in Dublin. I went today and didn't get through ... twice.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Em, I'm in Dublin. I went today and didn't get through ... twice.

Oh.. so you did NOT get stamped at all?

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh.. so you did NOT get stamped at all?

No, they put two people through each time. Two of my mates got through tho.

Princess
19-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I didn't get through. I got through the very first bit where you get stamped,then after filling out a form and going to speak to some people in a room I got taken somewhere else and got told I wasn't through. I got a bit upset.... I'm so gutted!

Beastie
19-01-2010, 04:03 PM
No, they put two people through each time. Two of my mates got through tho.

Good luck to your mates and remember it is is BB's loss!

Beastie
19-01-2010, 04:04 PM
I didn't get through. I got through the very first bit where you get stamped,then after filling out a form and going to speak to some people in a room I got taken somewhere else and got told I wasn't through. I got a bit upset.... I'm so gutted!

Argh that is poo. The same thing happened to me though! It is BB's loss anyway!

Did you guys see Stu?

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I thought the auditions were very weird in that it seemed there were very controlling people whom didn't necessarily act as a group and did their own thing. It was as if they thought they were the group and they didn't make any plans to involve everyone. And trying to butt in was fruitless because they just continued to be that way.

I queued up twice too and this happened both times, first time no-one (only a few of the more controlling people) had a clue what the word was we were supposed to be spelling. The second time, I was the V and some guy squeezed in between me and the O (in the word love). I was really confused by this and still trying to figure out how this happened twice and not just once.

However I did feel that my story wasn't exactly as compelling as it could have been. Would be loving to hear from other people that experienced something like I did, if at all. :conf:

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I thought the auditions were very weird in that it seemed there were very controlling people whom didn't necessarily act as a group and did their own thing. It was as if they thought they were the group. Trying to butt in was fruitless because they just continued to be that way.

I queued up twice too and this happened both times, first time no-one (only a few of the more controlling people) had a clue what the word was we were supposed to be spelling. The second time, I was the V and some guy squeexed in between me and the O (in the word love). I was really confused by this and still trying to figure out how this happened twice and not just once.

However I did feel that my story wasn't exactly as compelling as it could have been. Would be loving to hear from other people that experienced something like I did, if at all. :conf:

Where you in my group!? My group spelt 'LOVE' :D ha

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Where you in my group!? My group spelt 'LOVE' :D ha

Hmm what time was that at?

Princess
I have no clue what either of you are on about,lol.

I got loads of pics taken by newspapers cos 5 of our group got through so a few people took them,wonder if I'll turn up somewhere tomorrow!

Arneldo
I was surprised at how disappointed I am about it. I really really wanted it, and I really think I could have done well given the chance. Second time I really thought I was getting through - but no. I think if I knew there would be a series next summer, I wouldn't be too bad. But know this summer is the final one - I'm a wee bit upset.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Hmm what time was that at?

Bout 3pmish/.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I have no clue what either of you are on about,lol.

I got loads of pics taken by newspapers cos 5 of our group got through so a few people took them,wonder if I'll turn up somewhere tomorrow!

I think the early people usually get snapped. I was there early last year and got in The Sun the next day.

Princess
I was surprised at how disappointed I am about it. I really really wanted it, and I really think I could have done well given the chance. Second time I really thought I was getting through - but no. I think if I knew there would be a series next summer, I wouldn't be too bad. But know this summer is the final one - I'm a wee bit upset.

I'm really upset. I had a lil cry about it. Because I so thought I'd get through,I was trying to be all positive about it,bu no :( :hug: for Aaron

Patrick
But know this summer is the final one - I'm a wee bit upset.

Just wait until its brought by another channel and try again :)

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Bout 3pmish/.

I was gone by then..

Your groups spelt Love too. Did you feel like some of the group weren't being very "group like"?

fmk3007
19-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Alas, I too suffered dissappointment.

I thought it was going ok until I was singled out to put the group in order of most interestingness. I was double guessing myself by trying not to put the girls I thought were good looking too high and giving in to the general whims.

The person I had no.2 was really a carricature and should have been last. Didn't really know what I was doing and probably should have kept my mouth shut when the producer guy asked were we happy with the order.

I was still a bit surprised not to progress past that stage though.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm really upset. I had a lil cry about it. Because I so thought I'd get through,I was trying to be all positive about it,bu no :( :hug: for Aaron

Ty :hug: ha

I'm happy my mate got through - she's still there now - but even queing up she didn't really want to do it. And I really wanted it. Aw poop.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I was gone by then..

Your groups spelt Love too. Did you feel like some of the group weren't being very "group like"?

Well, we just left at 3pm.

I thinkwe worked okay - even tho we didn't even finish spelling the word and the producers guessed it. But I liked the group. The two people who got through - I could actually imagine being housemates though, I just wanted to go with them :(

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, we just left at 3pm.

I thinkwe worked okay - even tho we didn't even finish spelling the word and the producers guessed it. But I liked the group. The two people who got through - I could actually imagine being housemates though, I just wanted to go with them :(

I left not long before that, what was your group leader (big brothers employye) wearing / who got stamped?

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I left not long before that, what was your group leader (big brothers employye) wearing / who got stamped?

I cant remember what she was wearing tbh, but people in my gorup where girl with 34DD's, guy from South America ... ?

The guy from South America and another guy from Belfast got stamped.

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I cant remember what she was wearing tbh, but people in my gorup where girl with 34DD's, guy from South America ... ?

Nope we weren't in same group, hope your friend does well.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I liked my group of 10. Myself, A boy who was a Miley Cyrus fan, a pole dancer and an Irish Girl got though. This other boy had to rank us all from most fame seeking to least and he put me down as least :D I liked the Irish girl because she offered me and other people a starburst in the queue! We spelt out the word "five"

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I liked my group of 10. Myself, A boy who was a Miley Cyrus fan, a pole dancer and an Irish Girl got though. This other boy had to rank us all from most fame seeking to least and he put me down as least :D I liked the Irish girl because she offered me and other people a starburst in the queue! We spelt out the word "five"

Pole dancer.. We had one in our group too.

manchester
19-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Hope you got home in one piece 1000Usernames ... hope it went well for you today.

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Hope you got home in one piece 1000Usernames ... hope it went well for you today.

You can read what I thought about it on the previous page of posts in this thread. I left feeling confused by it all and have made it home safe.

Stacey.
19-01-2010, 05:06 PM
:hello:
come on Dublin!!!!!!!!!
show us what you got ;)

bamf
19-01-2010, 05:12 PM
It was a good day.
Myself and 3 others in my group got stamped. Completely think that the right people got the stamps. Did the questionaire but lost out at the interview.
I got my photo taken with Noirin for one of the papers and had a decent conversation with her.

Why did they bother leading everyone to another building just to tell them no?

fmk3007
19-01-2010, 05:15 PM
It was a good day.
Myself and 3 others in my group got stamped. Completely think that the right people got the stamps. Did the questionaire but lost out at the interview.
I got my photo taken with Noirin for one of the papers and had a decent conversation with her.

Noirin said hello to me and smiled.

I blanked her.

I'm a man of simple pleasures.

Stacey.
19-01-2010, 05:15 PM

I blanked her.

:rolleyes:
omg,some people...

Beastie
19-01-2010, 05:19 PM

I blanked her.

Lol

Who does Noirin go out with now?

By the way were you guys interviewed by Phil one of the main producers and a blonde woman because I was.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I am guessing Stu is still there.. we could have our first TIBB member on BB.

Stacey.
19-01-2010, 05:26 PM

if he was.. i wouldnt support him :joker:

Beastie
19-01-2010, 05:32 PM
if he was.. i wouldnt support him :joker:

Lol. Stu would be good. He is witty, funny, a bitch and a bad influence on TIBB. Perfect specification for a potential BB housemate.

Stacey.
19-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Lol. Stu would be good. He is witty, funny, a bitch and a bad influence on TIBB. Perfect specification for a potential BB housemate.

:yuk:

Beastie
19-01-2010, 05:33 PM
:yuk:

I will support you Stacey when you go on bb15 :D

BB will defo come back.. otherwise there will be **** all to watch in the summer.

Princess
19-01-2010, 05:35 PM
It was a good day.

I said that,lol. I was like 'You brought me here just to say no' They could have fricking told us there! It was stupid.

Stacey.
19-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I will support you Stacey when you go on bb15 :D

BB will defo come back.. otherwise there will be **** all to watch in the summer.

wow, i would love To go on BB :hugesmile:
thankyou , haha :)

evie84
19-01-2010, 05:44 PM
can You give me a blow by blow account of the day? I'm Going to the london audition i've never auditioned before and i don.t know to much about the program.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 05:47 PM
can You give me a blow by blow account of the day? I'm Going to the london audition i've never auditioned before and i don.t know to much about the program.

Go for it. Do it! Just think of what you are going to say.. get plenty of interesting facts about yourself in your head.. and shineeeee

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm still waiting to see if anyone experienced something like I did. I'm still bewildered by it.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm still waiting to see if anyone experienced something like I did. I'm still bewildered by it.

About peole being controlling? I did not really experience that.. I was happy who I was standing with in the queue and who was in my group!

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 05:53 PM
About peole being controlling? I did not really experience that.. I was happy who I was standing with in the queue and who was in my group!

Controlling yes and also in a sense "secretive" when the tasks were meant to be for the whole group i.e. the both instances were only some of the group knew what the heck was going on. Maybe I'm just too analytical but the happening twice makes me look back and think what the frig.

Beastie
19-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Controlling yes and also in a sense "secretive" when the tasks were meant to be for the whole group i.e. the both instances were only some of the group knew what the heck was going on. Maybe I'm just too analytical but the happening twice makes me look back and think what the frig.

Maybe people knew what was happening because people auditioned last year?

Stacey.
19-01-2010, 05:55 PM
tbh, if i was going to audition, I would just be meself :D
which i think could cause quite a few arguments!!

Princess
19-01-2010, 05:55 PM

I didn't think that at all. Our group seemed to get on well,we had 7 girls and 1 guy,the guy was quite happy,lol!

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe people knew what was happening because people auditioned last year?

Well they could know what happened last year but it doesn't explain the erratic behaviour and also the tasks would be different this time around.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 06:06 PM

I think I saw him. But I couldn't be 100% sure.

evie84
19-01-2010, 06:07 PM
what happens when You get to the front of the queue. What games did You play? Were good lookin or uglies getting through,were there people watching when You registered stuff like that. Just totally in depth. Maybe someone can help. I really want a novel type response lol. So if anyone is keen. Oh and also if anyone recieved a call from big brother what did they ask You?

Beastie
19-01-2010, 06:11 PM
what happens when You get to the front of the queue. What games did You play? Were good lookin or uglies getting through,were there people watching when You registered stuff like that. Just totally in depth. Maybe someone can help. I really want a novel type response lol. So if anyone is keen. Oh and also if anyone recieved a call from big brother what did they ask You?

I have wrote a detailed analysis in another thread.. just join in the fun, be yourself and think of 3 interesting facts to say about yourself.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 06:15 PM
what happens when You get to the front of the queue. What games did You play? Were good lookin or uglies getting through,were there people watching when You registered stuff like that. Just totally in depth. Maybe someone can help. I really want a novel type response lol. So if anyone is keen. Oh and also if anyone received a call from big brother what did they ask You?

We played simple games like passing a ball from one person to another using just your knees, and a game of "Big Brother Says". You play against another group of 10 and the winning team gets to chose a forfeit for the losing team. My team lost so many times. Had to do a sexual position with a stranger ... odd.

During all of the games - people all around you can watch and see you.

At the next stage - it kinda differs from group to group. The first time I did it our group had to pair off into twos and talk to somebody you didn't know and give them 3 interesting facts about you. They then tell the producer/group about you. We also had to make a famous monument using just our bodies.

The second time I did it we had to spell out a word using just our bodies, we also had to rank ourselves from most deserving to least deserving and then our group was split into two and we had to chose one member of the opposite group to "evict".

It wasn't a case of ugly or beautiful people getting through. The 1st round it's all down to 1 person. Just 1 producer decides who they think should go through.

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 06:19 PM

I love writing so you're in luck.

At the front of the queue is a mentor and two groups of ten people. Each of them stand in a row facing each other. The two groups then play games, guided by the mentor and the winning team gets to pick a forfeit for the loser.

Such games included:

Passing a ball backwards though your group of ten people, overhead and under the legs.
Passing the ball backwards using only your legs.

After a while either both groups or only one group are acquitted of the task and move onto the next section where you meet another Endemol representative.

At this part more tasks are completed and the succesful people are then stamped to go and fill in a form in a little side room.

Some of the tasks here included:

Spell a word using the bodies of everyone in your team.
Do a mock eviction.
Pair up and tell 2 interesting facts about your partner to the group.
Say something interesting about yourself.

That's about it for that part and as I got no further, hopefully someone else can fill you in on the rest.

To answer your question about good looking or uglies.. it seemed more like non materialistic type people were chosen. Personally I don't consider myself to be materialistic but I dress like I am, although don't take this as fact because it most likely wasn't in Endemol's objective.

MeMyselfAndI
19-01-2010, 06:23 PM
i would like to be in BB when im older:)

evie84
19-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Your awesome 1000 usernames. i don.t think many people here got further or would know more which is disappointing.

1000Usernames
19-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Your awesome 1000 usernames. i don.t think many people here got further or would know more which is disappointing.

I'll give you a tip. Try and make your interesting facts more emotional. It's what the egeneral piublic are inclined to remember and like too. After realising this, I'm now wishing I had of chosen a more emotional topic than my training my dog to count to 4 and writing my own blog. They probably would have liked my story instead of the facts I chose.

Arneldo
19-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I'll give you a tip. Try and make your interesting facts more emotional. It's what the egeneral piublic are inclined to like too. I'm now wishing I had of chosen a more emotional topic than my training my dog to count to 4 and writing my own blog.

Another tip - do not mention you are a fan of BB if you are. I really think that is the mistake I made and I made that msitake twice.

larderland
19-01-2010, 10:03 PM
hey all,i got threw all the rounds.it was insane

1st round-just having a game or two with this guy with a microphone,wasnt a test or anything,then everyone was sent to the bottom of the hall with a roducer.They asked u to pik someone u dont know and tell them 2 things about urself,then rank ppl in deserving to get in and sum other games and then they stamped u if they wanted u to go threw.only 3 out of 10 of us got stamped.

2nd.u go into a part of the hall were u get ur polaroid done and do a small application.

3rd.u then go upstairs and meet the producers for a few minutes and have a one to one with them.

4then u go down to this room were your told to wait,i tot it was the discussion activity,it wasnt,it was were u were told if the producers would put u threw,lots of ppl got cut off here even tho everyone in this stage was stamped.id say they let no more than 80 threw.i was told i was being put threw.

5.ur then brought to another room where u give ur number to these workers and they give u a 30 page application,THEY ASK EVERYTHING,it was ssooooo long,it hurt!!then u were given a time to come back to have the general discussions and then meet bb.sorry if this is cocky but i nailed the genral discussion,u talk bout things going on in the world,while two producers take notes of u.

6.they then give the notes on u to a worker who brings u to the diary room where u meet bb,i assume they give them the notes from the general discussions room.then u chat with bb.and then ur done.i heard a few ppl come out of the diary room and say they didnt get in,didnt no theyd be told there and then.anyway it went extremely well and im confident but u just dont no what to think.itl be a while before i hear anything if i hear aything at all

1000Usernames
20-01-2010, 01:18 AM
hey all,i got threw all the rounds.it was insane
l

Well done for getting through all the stages. You must be elated. Hope you had a great day and that it rewards you with a place in the big bro house.

Beastie
20-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Well done Larderland! Wish I was in your position :joker:

I bet the Dublin auditionee's who made it far yesterday are called back today..?

larderland
20-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Well done Larderland! Wish I was in your position :joker:

I bet the Dublin auditionee's who made it far yesterday are called back today..?

no, dublin is only on one day,id say the next thing for dublin is gettting a phone call from bb to go to london,there was only about 50-70 ppl left by the end of the day yesterday in dublin

Beastie
20-01-2010, 03:39 PM
no, dublin is only on one day,id say the next thing for dublin is gettting a phone call from bb to go to london,there was only about 50-70 ppl left by the end of the day yesterday in dublin

Oh right.. how many actually turned up to Dublin?

1000Usernames
20-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Oh right.. how many actually turned up to Dublin?

There weren't as many as I thought there would be. When I first got there (I queued up twice LOL) at 11am there were about 140 people in the queue, if even, and the second time I queued only about 50 people.

Stu
20-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I think I saw him. But I couldn't be 100% sure.
Nah brah I was down the pub right here in Cork.