PDA

View Full Version : The Audition Process!

BB11UK
22-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I posted this on another thread and people have said they found it really useful. I've seen more posts asking "what happens?" so I thought I'd make a separate thread to explain it.

Round 1: The Picking Pens
Auditionees queue up until they are taken about 10-15 at a time and put into a group. You then have a team member make you play games and warm up with some activities (like doing the Hokie Kokie).
They then make 5-or-so of you go to a picking pen. Here there is another team member (TM) who makes you pair off and find out interesting facts about the other person, then you tell the rest of the group these facts.
After that you do a group activity like spelling out a word with your bodies or creating a famous landmark, which the team member has to figure out.
Then the TM chooses one person to order the others into "most to least" of something (Most Arrogant to Least Arrogant, or Most Fame-Hungry to Least...) or they make you arrange yourselves.
Once you've done that, they split you into two groups and make you evict one person from the other group (most of the time this doesn't count for anything). Then you line up and the TM stamps the hands of the people they think would be good HM's.

Round 2: Brief Application
If you get stamped you go to R2 where you're given your audition number, have a picture taken of you and handed a small application (about 8 pages). Questions include "What's the one thing you're most ashamed of?", "What's the weirdest thing you've ever done?" and "How would you're friends describe you?" Once you've completed it, you wait to go to the first interview.

Round 3: The Interview
A runner will come and select a number of you to follow them. They will then take you to number of rooms where producers are waiting inside with a camera. The runners hands them your application, they have a read through it for a few minutes and then call you in. You sit on the seat with the camera filming you, and they begin asking you questions about your application. ("So the weirdest thing you've ever done is run naked through Trafalgar Square? Why did you do that?", "You gave yourself a 10 for attractiveness. Are you quite arrogant?")
Once your time is up (about 3mins) you leave the room and wait outside. They discuss whether they think you're a good potential housemate, etc. and then hand the application back to the runner, who then asks you to follow them.
They take you to a small screen and hand your application to the person behind it. They call you in and break the news that it is a yes or a no.

Round 4: The Big Application
If you get a yes, you get taken by a runner to another room. You're given a bigger application form (29 pages - it can take AGES!) which goes into a lot of detail about your childhood, relationships, sex life, etc. If you're not very open then it isn't a good idea to apply as they ask questions such as; "How many sexual partners have you had?" "How old were you when you lost your virginity, who too and in what circumstances?" "Who is your least favourite family member?" etc.
Once you have filled this out you're given an appointment time to come back the next day for the next stage.

Round 5: The Diary Room
The producers have had time to read through your application and have a set of questions read to interrigate you about. The room only has a camera in it, and the producers are sat behind a screen so you can't see them. They then ask you a series of questions about your application, like before, but you have more times (10minutes) and the questions are a lot more personal.

If you get past that stage, that's when the game really begins and the process gets even more intense. But at this point you're not given a stamp or a "yes" or "no". You're told "We will be in contact if we're interested in taking you further". If they're not interested, they won't contact you. You will never hear from them again.

WARNING:
1. If you're quite a private person, this is not for you one bit. All questions must be answered, and the information you give is there for BB/Channel 4 to use at their will. When you go to the interview and Diary Room they can ask whatever they want, and you must answer. It is all on camera and they can show whatever they want, you have no say in the matter. If you get in, it could be broadcast to the nation upon your entrance, and more information could be read out by Davina as you go in.
2. If you have to travel, be prepared to be stuck in a bad situation. Either you book an extra night in a hotel you might not need, or you won't be able to go back to the call-back the following day. It's a gamble you need to think about.
3. The day is very long. It might have only taken a few minutes to read the process, but people have arrived at 8:00 in the morning and not left until 21:00. Travelling needs to be thought out very carefully.

Doiley
22-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanx for the info, this has really helped me due to i have never auditioned before. Going to the Cardiff one tomorrow and setting out at 4am as im from b'ham.

Beastie
22-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanx for the info, this has really helped me due to i have never auditioned before. Going to the Cardiff one tomorrow and setting out at 4am as im from b'ham.

I am waking up at 4am tomorrow. Got work at 5 :(

mountain
22-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but when people say "what happens next?" I think they mean after all of those stages. Like if they get called back, what happens next???

mountain
22-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I am waking up at 4am tomorrow. Got work at 5 :(

If you get through all stages, you will NEVER get to work on time!

gunnersrus
30-01-2010, 03:39 PM
BB11UK is this the actual audition process thn, have you been through it personally or is this a rough idea of it??

ASAP answers plz going london nxt weekend and wana know wt 2 expect

*mazedsalv**
30-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks for this. 4 of my friends are auditioning.

1 is mature and has had a hard life.
2 are very open and loud, crazy.
1 will be a nightmare to live with, obnoxious but sticks by their friends through everything and say things to peoples faces instead of bitch.

Does anyone of them kind of stand a chance, or are what the producers look for in a potential housemate? I would LOVE to see a friend in there :D

Stacey.
30-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Cool, :) sounds good.!
good luck to everyone too

lastchancebb
30-01-2010, 09:43 PM
does anyone know where you can watch big brother the auditions from series 9 its just channel 4 has blocked it on youtube. Maybe someone could post it under a pseudo name on youtube and post the link here so we can watch it.

Braden
30-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I like the sound of the audition process,
I really want my mum to do it :laugh:

Stacey.
30-01-2010, 09:57 PM
wheres thebeast?!
She hasnt been here for like, 3 days now :shocked:
:(,

Braden
30-01-2010, 10:00 PM
wheres thebeast?!
She hasnt been here for like, 3 days now :shocked:
:(,

Is thebeast a girl !?
My gollygosh, :joker:

Stacey.
30-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Is thebeast a girl !?
My gollygosh, :joker:

yes. :shocked:
did you not know?!

winner
31-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to get back to you after round 5 and what happens if u go through that round?

BB11UK
31-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to get back to you after round 5 and what happens if u go through that round?

You will not know how long it takes until they actually call you. It could be March or April. If you haven't got a callback by the end of April consider yourself out.

After Round 5 they contact you and ask you to come to London. You'll be asked to go to a specific location and ask a certain person about something. Eg. Go to Oxford Steet in London. Look for a woman with a red umbrella and a yellow jacket and ask her if she is there about a pineapple.

Someone will then come and collect you and take you to the venue hosting the next round. It's then all group activities and discussions to see how you interact with other people and what kind of person you are.

Once again, they'll say "we may be in touch" and you have to wait for a phone call. If you don't get one you're not going any further.

winner
31-01-2010, 10:19 PM
God that is crazy! u seem to know a lot about this bb11UK. whats the furthest u have ever got?

BB11UK
31-01-2010, 10:59 PM
God that is crazy! u seem to know a lot about this bb11UK. whats the furthest u have ever got?

This year was my first time auditioning...I just know a lot about Big Brother and the auditions because...erm...I know a lot of people.lol.

rosannam
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
so helpful! thanks. i sent off an application form and the researchers rung me so i get to miss out stage 1 it seems. So go straight to stage 2 on friday! eek