PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 12 | On a New Channel.. What could possibly go wrong?

Patrick
29-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Okay so CBB7 Has only been finished about an hour and already theres talk of BB being on another channel.

So lets look into more, lets say Big Brother 12 UK Is on Five or ITV or somthing like that.

List things you think or know would change that would bother you?

Heres what I can think of the top of my head:

The Opening Titles
If the Titles changed, I would be so annoyed I mean the BB UK Theme Tune is epic.
Question: If it went to another Brodcaster, do you think they would change Element 4 to somthing else?

The Font
It wouldnt bother me that much, but you wouldnt belive how weird it would look without the usuall C4 Font that we have been use to for years, obviously ITV Or FIVE Couldnt use the C4 Font.

The Logo
We dont know yet if The Producers will use Daniel Eatcocks design for BB11, As the CBB7 Eye isnt his eye design, but I do hope they do use the BB Eyes.
If it went to another channel do you think they would use the cool BB UK Eye Designs?
Or would they give us that **** little Blue logo all the international versions use?
Its Blue with a stupid little White flick and it says 'Big Brother'

The Host
Tom said in another thread, if Davina goes.. Half the fans go with her.
Shes the mother of BB and It would be so weird seeing someone else present it.
She loves Big Brother, do you think the new brodcaster would want her back?
I know Davina would happily say yes, she loves the show!

Elstree Studios
Question: Would they use the same location in Elstree Studios?

So theres a few things to start us of, now you can answer some of my questions if you want.
Or add more of your own ideas.

What could possibly change if BB12 Was on another channel?

ILoveTRW
29-01-2010, 11:39 PM
i think bbc3 is the most likely channel for bb

Jack_
29-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Excluding the font, the things you've listed are pretty vital to the show, and I really can't see it surviving without it, no matter how much they want to try and rebrand it.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Davina wouldn't go to another channel, but obviously, if there's money involved (and they're going to need a lot), then she'd stay. They'd stick with the same house because on the production side of things Endemol would still be in charge, and so as a result, I'd imagine the titles/eye logos would stay the same, and it'd be stupid to change them.

Patrick
29-01-2010, 11:49 PM
i think bbc3 is the most likely channel for bb

Yeah but no one watches BBC3.
Thats why they show The Real Hustle on that channel.

If they wanted Ratings BBC3 would be the last place to start, it also doesnt begin until 7PM.
So there would be no hope for 24 HR Live Feed.
No BBLB or anything like that.

Patrick
29-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Excluding the font, the things you've listed are pretty vital to the show, and I really can't see it surviving without it, no matter how much they want to try and rebrand it.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Davina wouldn't go to another channel, but obviously, if there's money involved (and they're going to need a lot), then she'd stay. They'd stick with the same house because on the production side of things Endemol would still be in charge, and so as a result, I'd imagine the titles/eye logos would stay the same, and it'd be stupid to change them.

Oh good.
As long as the titles and eyes are there, it would be horrible without them.

Why do you think Davina wouldnt leave C4?

Its not that bad leaving a Channel its just a Channel, I really hope she goes with it.

Matt
29-01-2010, 11:53 PM
The font would undoubtedly change if they moved channels, but that's not important.

I do think certain elements would remain the same if they moved to another channel - the instantly recognisable theme tune for instance.

However, I'm sure any new home would want to make the show their own somewhat, and I don't think they'd continue with Eatock's eye logo concept - it was clearly not that important for bosses to ditch it for CBB.

Patrick
30-01-2010, 01:56 PM
However, I'm sure any new home would want to make the show their own somewhat, and I don't think they'd continue with Eatock's eye logo concept - it was clearly not that important for bosses to ditch it for CBB.

That would be terrible wouldnt it, not using his Design.

I loved his work, The BB7, 9 and 10 Eyes were amazing.
It would be intresting in a sense to see what the new channel use as a logo if they didnt go for Eatock's Logo, Maybe they wont use a Human eye like the CBB7 Eye but they could have a eye similar to the Eatock Designs only not designed by him if you get me?

Stacey.
30-01-2010, 02:08 PM
we just need davina to stay with us ;)

Patrick
30-01-2010, 02:15 PM

Theres more to Big Brother than Davina..

BB11UK
31-01-2010, 01:33 AM

She said she'd stay with Big Brother if it was picked up by another channel.