PDA

View Full Version : If BB Went to another Brodcaster, would it be called...

Patrick
31-01-2010, 10:34 PM
If Big Brother goes to Watch,Sky or Five or any other Brodcaster after Summer..

Would it be called 'Big Brother 12' or would they start fresh and simply call it Big Brother 1?

I would hate for them to do this, because it would be as if the past 10 Years didnt happen you know?

So what would they do?

biglover
31-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I want it to be on ITV or BBC and be called BB12

Patrick
31-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I want it to be on ITV or BBC and be called BB12

At the moment there probley the 2 most unlikely Channels to buy it.

I just wrote Watch,Five or Sky as they are the only 3 who have expressed and intrest in it so far.
Lets hope a popular channel decides to take it on, but its better than nothing I suppose even if it is a ****ty Channel.

Matt
31-01-2010, 10:40 PM
It would probably be 'Big Brother 2012', or whatever year it's in, as Channel 4 call it.

Fans would call it Big Brother 12, but it would probably never officially be referred to as that.

kjtnation
31-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I would never watch it if it is called Big Brother 1. What a waste of 11 years and giving it a fresh start.

Ramsay
31-01-2010, 11:48 PM
I would never watch it if it is called Big Brother 1. What a waste of 11 years and giving it a fresh start.

LOL
you wouldnt watch it cus of its name..?

kjtnation
31-01-2010, 11:50 PM
LOL
you wouldnt watch it cus of its name..?

If it is given a new name like Big Brother 1 instead of Big Brother 12, it would be stupid.

Ramsay
01-02-2010, 12:06 AM
So?
its just a name..even if it was called Little Sister 1 id still watch it as long as its the same format

BB11UK
01-02-2010, 01:06 AM
It would probably be 'Big Brother 2012', or whatever year it's in, as Channel 4 call it.

Fans would call it Big Brother 12, but it would probably never officially be referred to as that.

Yeah this is how they'd do it.

"Big Brother 2011" but fans would call it "Big Brother 12" to avoid mixing up the original "BB1" and the new "BB1".

Brekkie
02-02-2010, 11:18 AM
They'd probably subtitle it something like "Big Brother: New Beginnings".

Personally though I think rather than picking up "Big Brother" they'd be better off looking at either the Loft Story or Secret Story variation and then launching it as a completely new show. Secret Story especially has a lot of new elements going for it and although they share the nomination/eviction element - plus people living in the house - the main driving force behind the series is the secrets (every HM has a secret and wins money for discovering other HMs secrets).

Joe.
02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Personally I'd watch it still if it were re-named, however BB1, would be an awful name. I'm fine with BB12 or Big Brother 2012 that's fine (Y)

Smithy
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
no-one ever calls it BBxx when on TV its just welcome to BB 20... or now its time for BB

Captain.Remy
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM

Personally though I think rather than picking up "Big Brother" they'd be better off looking at either the Loft Story or Secret Story variation and then launching it as a completely new show. Secret Story especially has a lot of new elements going for it and although they share the nomination/eviction element - plus people living in the house - the main driving force behind the series is the secrets (every HM has a secret and wins money for discovering other HMs secrets).

Exactly. People still refer it as "The Loft" and it's even more popular than the original format. I believe it was for its own good to be off screens for 5 years and then come back with a bang. The producers found something absolutely brilliant to keep the viewers watching, keeping the same format as Loft Story would have been a disaster.

Tom
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM

I'm quite surprised Endemol haven't pitched Secret Story or Big Brother USA format (under a different name) to any other broadcasters. Secret Story would be perfect for ITV (stick News at Ten on at 11 for the summer or whenever its on) and a clone of BBUSA would work great on C4 especially on E4 and maybe in the T4 slot too. That version could work on Sky as well but I doubt it will work in the mainstream, if not for the safety of the contestants!!

In answer to the original question- it never has been and never will be BB1, 2, 3 etc. Thats just how we refer to it because its easier than "BB 2001, 2002" etc. IIRC the original series was just 'Big Brother' with no year attached to it.

Patrick
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM

So you basically want to make BBUK Into BB France..?

Patrick
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm quite surprised Endemol haven't pitched Secret Story or Big Brother USA format (under a different name) to any other broadcasters. Secret Story would be perfect for ITV (stick News at Ten on at 11 for the summer or whenever its on) and a clone of BBUSA would work great on C4 especially on E4 and maybe in the T4 slot too. That version could work on Sky as well but I doubt it will work in the mainstream, if not for the safety of the contestants!!

In answer to the original question- it never has been and never will be BB1, 2, 3 etc. Thats just how we refer to it because its easier than "BB 2001, 2002" etc. IIRC the original series was just 'Big Brother' with no year attached to it.

Didnt they try BB USA on E4 one time but it failed?

I wouldnt mind watching Secret Story though, I would of watched the French Version only its in french so yeah..

BBDodge
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
So long as they don't call it Back to Reality 2.

Tom
02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Didnt they try BB USA on E4 one time but it failed?

I wouldnt mind watching Secret Story though, I would of watched the French Version only its in french so yeah..

Thats because it was the actual American series and was put into dodgy slots with no promotion after the first week

Plus it was only ever to bridge the gap between the writers strike anyway, it wasn't as though they wanted it to be a hit

Patrick
02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Thats because it was the actual American series and was put into dodgy slots with no promotion after the first week

Plus it was only ever to bridge the gap between the writers strike anyway, it wasn't as though they wanted it to be a hit

Oh right okay :thumbs:

I dont get why BBUSA isnt called somthing else though, I keep hearing how diffrent it is to BB UK and other Countries..

Tom
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh right okay :thumbs:

I dont get why BBUSA isnt called somthing else though, I keep hearing how diffrent it is to BB UK and other Countries..

Because series 1 followed the traditional BB format. It bombed. The same production team were behind the 'new' BB and it took off. It just made sense to keep the name the same

Brekkie
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, minus the French - yes!

Tom
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM

BB France is just a developed version of BB5/6/7 anyway

Stick some competent producers behind it and you can't really go wrong

BBfanUSA
02-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Because series 1 followed the traditional BB format. It bombed. The same production team were behind the 'new' BB and it took off. It just made sense to keep the name the same

No it's a different production crew for BB2-BB11 USA, than bb 1 i think

Patrick
02-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Well, minus the French - yes!

And the point in that is?

Your basically ruining BB UK, Each country has its own style.

BBUSA Has that stupid game play syle where they all have stragetys, Which I find boring.

BB France had Secret Story, not sure about now though.

BBUK Has that fun entertaining style where we just have fun, and like to get on with things I guess you could say BBUK Is abit OTT but thats good.

If people want to watch BB France they can, theres no point just copying the BB Secret Story format and throwing it at the UK.

It is abit like copying, and alright fair enough if the twist would be secret story and someone has a secret, but completely scrapping the BBUK Format and replacing it with this french thing would be a horrible idea.

Although I do like the idea of Secret Story it would just kill BBUK by copying the french and its pointless.

Matt
02-02-2010, 11:21 PM
It is abit like copying, and alright fair enough if the twist would be secret story and someone has a secret, but completely scrapping the BBUK Format and replacing it with this french thing would be a horrible idea.

Although I do like the idea of Secret Story it would just kill BBUK by copying the french and its pointless.

Well Secret Story is basically BBUK but with the secrets twist.

BBUK isn't entirely innocent at copying though. For example, Head of House, the central twist in your favourite series, was an American idea. Did that kill BBUK because it was copied from the US? No. In fact, it made for a better series than the one that preceded it.

Big Brother producers from around the world hold meetings every so often (annually IIRC) to discuss the show, so copying other countries does happen - its just that some are bigger culprits than others.