PDA

View Full Version : I hope Big Brother UK isnt picked up in 2011.

Patrick
02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I hope it airs in 2012, instead.

Because it has always bothered me a wee bit how, Big Brother is a year ahead sort off?

Like for examples, when BB6 Was on it was 2005, When BB7 Was on it was 2006.

It would of been good to have BB5 on 2005, And BB6 in 2006, which would of ment we would of just finished with BB9 and we would all be getting excited for BB10.

So if they do stop for a year and bring it back in 2012, that way we can finally be on track and it would be cool because then Big Brother 12 would be in 2012.

It isnt that big a deal but Im just saying if they dont bring BB back in 2011, I`ll be fine with it just aslong as its in 2012.

Brekkie
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I agree, though for different reasons. I just don't think it would continue much beyond one or two fairly poor series if someone else picked it up immediately, so would rather a line is drawn under BB for now.

I do think it'll return one day, perhaps even on C4, but for the next few years I'd rather it didn't. Put it this way - if BB turned up somewhere in 2011 or even 2012 , I don't think I'd be too excited about it. If it turned up say in 2015 or even later, I'd be delighted it was returning.

Really though we need a generation to grow up not knowing what BB is so it can relaunch with some innocence in a decade or so.

Patrick
02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree, though for different reasons. I just don't think it would continue much beyond one or two fairly poor series if someone else picked it up immediately, so would rather a line is drawn under BB for now.

I do think it'll return one day, perhaps even on C4, but for the next few years I'd rather it didn't. Put it this way - if BB turned up somewhere in 2011 or even 2012 , I don't think I'd be too excited about it. If it turned up say in 2015 or even later, I'd be delighted it was returning.

Really though we need a generation to grow up not knowing what BB is so it can relaunch with some innocence in a decade or so.

As much as I would miss it. It would probley be for the best.

It would be nice waiting and waiting and then seeing it on a Newspaper one morning 'BBack' ;)

And then it would take off the way BB1 did.

I also agree about Channel 4, I do think they could take Big Brother back if its put to rest for a few years as I reckon this new Channel/Style C4 are trying to get going after BB11, Will fail completely.

No one watches Channel 4 and without Big Brother no one will watch it and no one will see their adverts for upcoming shows.

So I think once their shows fail, they will take back Big Brother but obviously not soo fast even if their new programmes do fail they wouldnt take BB Back that quickly as they would look like idiots for axing it in the first place and then taking it back 2 years after..

So Your right, 2015 Would probley be around the time for them to take it back.

But if what were hearing about Watch,Sky and Five showing intrests it could probley be back sooner than that..

Tom
02-02-2010, 04:29 PM
C4 are having a management clearout soon anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if BB does return to C4 esp if a commercial focused person gets in charge. Whilst they're at it they should bring back Brookside, Sugar Rush and The Crystal Maze :joker:

Even with a relaunch I doubt BB will ever be the beast it was but I think it has some kind of future whether under the BB name or not. I think we'll be seeing all sorts of replica formats popping up in 2011.

Jack_
02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
The thing that's great about Big Brother is, is that if they pick the right cast, the rest is history (I think the saying goes).

Great production is only essential when you there's a medioca or appalling cast. Big Brother could continue year on year if they picked the right housemates, because anything can, could and does happen, year on year.

Brekkie
03-02-2010, 01:18 PM
I completely disagree with the notion casting is everything. Yes, it's important - but if you don't give the cast the platform to shine (i.e. - produce a worthy format), the show will fail. Even with the recent CBB take away the Tree of Temptation and some other tasks and you're left with - well, basically CBB6!