PDA

View Full Version : When Big Brother Ends.....

BGT-FAN!
02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Will they replay all 11 series on say E4 late at night or something? Because I would really wanna watch 1-4 as I havent seen them and also watch 5,6 & 7 as they were the best ones.

Harry!
02-02-2010, 04:32 PM
They wont. They have too many Friends repeats they must show. When BB is gone..its gone.

Patrick
I was thinking this too, No it wouldnt happen sadly.

However, your best bet would be on the channel 'Challenge'

They replay alot of old gameshows such as Crystal Maze, Gladiators, 8/10 Cats, Family Fortunes, Countdown etc

And Big Brother is afterall a Game Show, so I reckon on Challenge they would replay old Seasons, Maybe 2 Episodes a night.

I would watch.

Matt
Almost certainly not. They probably won't even put them on 4OD.

Harry!
02-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I was thinking this too, No it wouldnt happen sadly.

However, your best bet would be on the channel 'Challenge'

They replay alot of old gameshows such as Crystal Maze, Gladiators, 8/10 Cats, Family Fortunes, Countdown etc

And Big Brother is afterall a Game Show, so I reckon on Challenge they would replay old Seasons, Maybe 2 Episodes a night.

I would watch.

Patrick BB is a different format to the shows you have just mentioned. The format is too different to be repeated it just wouldnt flow well on TV.

Matt
02-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Patrick BB is a different format to the shows you have just mentioned. The format is too different to be repeated it just wouldnt flow well on TV.

CBB4 was repeated on E4 a couple of weeks after it finished.

It would all of course depend on if any channel that wanted to repeat them could get the rights - but I think putting them on some on demand service (such as 4OD or the up-and-coming SeeSaw) would be a more viable option.

Harry!
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
CBB4 was repeated on E4 a couple of weeks after it finished.

It would all of course depend on if anyone who wanted to repeat them could get the rights.

That was nearer the time of showing though. Repeating CBB4 now would seem more off key.

Matt
02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
That was nearer the time of showing though. Repeating CBB4 now would seem more off key.

Well they might not be as relevant as when they were first broadcast, but that's no reason they can't be repeated.

But like I said, I think on-demand is a more viable option.

Tom
02-02-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm sure CBB4 was repeated on E4 in a pretty good slot almost as soon as it finished on C4? Then again Channel 4 loved BB in 2006.

BB11UK
02-02-2010, 09:34 PM
And Big Brother is afterall a Game Show.

Big Brother is NOT a game show.

Sorry, but it really annoys me when people say this. Big Brother is a reality show - the show that created reality TV shows.

The fact that there is prize money at the end, and that some people only go on the show to try and win the money, doesn't make it a game show.

People can choose to play a game or not.

Definition of a game show: "A game show is a type of television programme in which members of the public or celebrities, sometimes as part of a team, play a game which involves answering questions or solving problems usually for money and/or prizes. On some shows contestants compete against other players or another team while other shows involve contestants playing alone for a high score."

Definition of a reality show: "Reality television is a genre of television programming that presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations, documents actual events, and usually features ordinary people instead of professional actors. The genre covers a wide range of programming formats, most commonly voyeurism-focused productions such as Big Brother".

Tom
02-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Big Brother is NOT a game show.

Sorry, but it really annoys me when people say this. Big Brother is a reality show - the show that created reality TV shows.

The fact that there is prize money at the end, and than some people only go on the show to try and win the money, doesn't make it a game show.

People can choose to play a game or not.

Definition of a game show: "A game show is a type of television programme in which members of the public or celebrities, sometimes as part of a team, play a game which involves answering questions or solving problems usually for money and/or prizes. On some shows contestants compete against other players or another team while other shows involve contestants playing alone for a high score."

Definition of a reality show: "Reality television is a genre of television programming that presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations, documents actual events, and usually features ordinary people instead of professional actors. The genre covers a wide range of programming formats, most commonly voyeurism-focused productions such as Big Brother".

Channel 4 list it as a gameshow.

BB11UK
02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Channel 4 list it as a gameshow.

Because they wouldn't have the list "reality show" when there is only one of them.

Unlike BBC with Strictly, So You Think You Can Dance and The Andrew Lloyd Webber series, or ITV with X Factor, Dancing On Ice, BGT, I'm A Celeb and Soapstar To Operastar.

James
02-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I could be mistaken but I think they repeated the whole of BB1 after it finished in the middle of the night.

Rob
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
they used to reply CBB so its possible