PDA

View Full Version : BB11 Producer : "Expect Surprises"

Smithy
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Big Brother 11 producer Daniel Marlow has told viewers to "expect surprises" from the summer show.

The 2010 series will be the final run of the reality show on Channel 4.

"It'll be a fun summer, that's all we can say at this stage. Obviously Big Brother always aims to surprise both the housemates and the viewers, so yeah, just expect the unexpected," he told STV.

He added: "The thing about Big Brother is it's been a phenomenal show over the last decade, it's probably been one of the best talked about shows on the telly.

"The standard's been set and we're looking to reset the standard, or even better it this year, with this summer's Big Brother."

Host Davina McCall recently told DS that she suspected Endemol would produce a "fresh" final series and "come from a different angle" with the programme.

I really hope they don't let us down now.

Patrick
02-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Daniel Whatshisface?

What happened to Shirley Jones!

Daniel can ****, Shirley made CBB7 Amazing.
We want Shirley!

Stephanie
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
daniel who? WE WANT SHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLYY NOOOOOOOOOO.

Matt
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
The article says 'producer', not 'executive producer'. Shirley isn't the only person on the BB team.

If she's not confirmed as executive producer nearer to the series - i.e. in a few months time - then there'll be cause for concern.

Patrick
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
"It'll be a fun summer, that's all we can say at this stage. Obviously Big Brother always aims to surprise both the housemates and the viewers, so yeah, just expect the unexpected," he told STV.

Why does that ring a bell?

Oh yeah..

BB10 - Its not what you expect it to be.

Fail.
I hate all these stupid little themes they try to give off to make us excited.

CBB7 was far from as evil as they said it would be, it was brilliant though but NOT in the slightest bit evil.

This is just another promise from them that they wont keep.

Patrick
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
The article says 'producer', not 'executive producer'. Shirley isn't the only person on the BB team you know.

Oh Yeah.

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbs:

Beastie
02-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Shirley is the executive producer. Phil is the creative producer or.. some other producer I forgot but I think Shirley and Phil are the main too. Anywho I am looking forward to BB11!!!!

Smithy
02-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Why does that ring a bell?

Oh yeah..

BB10 - Its not what you expect it to be.

Fail.
I hate all these stupid little themes they try to give off to make us excited.

CBB7 was far from as evil as they said it would be, it was brilliant though but NOT in the slightest bit evil.

This is just another promise from them that they wont keep.

I dont think they mean in a theme way, just something which hasnt been done before

Matt
02-02-2010, 10:27 PM

They never once said it would be 'evil'. The series theme was 'Hell lies in others'. However, I agree about BB10.

BB11UK
02-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I overheard at the auditions one of the team members saying they were wanting to take it back to the beginning where it was less about finding the most outrageous housemates and more about finding a collection of people who wouldn't usually cross paths outside the house.

JohnnyBB
02-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Daniel Marlow is ex producer for BB11

Patrick
02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
They never once said it would be 'evil'. The series theme was 'Hell lies in others'. However, I agree about BB10.

Well they did a very very good job giving off the impression it would be evil, And even that 'Hell lies in others' still to this day, doesnt make sense.

It didnt make sense when we all saw it 3 Months ago in the Promo, and it still doesnt.

Or does it?

Do you know what it means because I didnt notice them living up to that quote at all.

Patrick
02-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Daniel Marlow is ex producer for BB11

Wait, I thought everyone above said he was the producer and Shirley was still producing it?

Dont tell me our Shirley has left us again! :shocked:

Matt
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Well they did a very very good job giving off the impression it would be evil, And even that 'Hell lies in others' still to this day, doesnt make sense.

It didnt make sense when we all saw it 3 Months ago in the Promo, and it still doesnt.

Or does it?

Do you know what it means because I didnt notice them living up to that quote at all.

Who said it was for Big Brother to live up to? The 'others' in 'Hell lies in others' could have referred to the other housemates - and no-one could have predicted what they'd have been like.

Matt
02-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Wait, I thought everyone above said he was the producer and Shirley was still producing it?

Dont tell me our Shirley has left us again! :shocked:

No-one has been confirmed as executive producer. Not Shirley, not Daniel. A 'Katy Smith' was also credited as executive producer in the Sunday Herald at the weekend.

Like I said before, the actual series EP won't be confirmed until nearer the time.

Beastie
03-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I overheard at the auditions one of the team members saying they were wanting to take it back to the beginning where it was less about finding the most outrageous housemates and more about finding a collection of people who wouldn't usually cross paths outside the house.

I thought that was their plan anyway.. we usually do get a house full of people who would not be friends on the outside.

Smithy
03-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I thought that was their plan anyway.. we usually do get a house full of people who would not be friends on the outside.

We want basically the oposite of stereotypes, what are they called btw

BB11UK
03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
We want basically the oposite of stereotypes, what are they called btw

Yeah that's what I mean.

Instead of going "Ooh, let's put them in because they might start a relationship with this HM, and let's put this person in because they'll hate this HM..." they'll just choose a random bunch of people and stick them in the house to see how it all plays out, instead of trying to write it out for everyone.

yousoboo!
04-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Get Andrew OUT!!!