PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

BigBroFanHere
04-02-2010, 03:47 PM
We need there to be alot of advertising atleast 2 weeks before launch. Put them on all the time, i think billboard advertising should be used.

Any other ideas??
Any ideas for the adverts on tv?

King Gizzard
04-02-2010, 03:48 PM
For a minute I thought you meant TiBB rofl

Smithy
04-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Billboard
Double Spread in national newspapers
Adverts in magazines
TV
Cinema (Forced to watch it)

BB11UK
04-02-2010, 05:04 PM
I think the adverts on TV should be better than that cr*ppy "9 days to go" which does absolutely NOTHING!

Any TV programme could do that, but you need to give people a reason to tune in and remind them of what is about to happen.

There should be about 6 different adverts, each highlighting a different thing. So for example...

Davina voiceover: "Big Brother House this is Davina, you are live on Channel4 - please do not swear!"
[Text Fades In] The Drama
[Text Fades In] Is Back!
Then a collection of clips of some of the most dramatic moments of Big Brother such as; "GET GRACE OUT!",
BB7 "Jayne, all your fellow housemates will face the public vote",
BB6 Maxwell chucking water on Kemal, who replies "Well at least someone got wet tonight",
BB8 Seany pushing Charley in the pool, who gets out and screams.
BB7 Nikki (any clip.lol)
BB5 fight night, Nadia to Jason "Whatcha gunna do? Whatcha gunna do?"
BB5 Ahmed beating the statue with a shovel
(There are loads of different clips, this is just off the top of my head).

OR

Davina voiceover: "Big Brother House this is Davina, you are live on Channel4 - please do not swear!"
[Text Fades In] The Laughter
[Text Fades In] Is Back!
Then a collection of clips of some of the most funny moments of Big Brother such as;
BB6 Kinga trying to get on the bucking bronco about 6times and falling off into cow sh*t.
BB3 Alison jumping on bench and it snapping.
BB3 Kate drunk in the bedroom trying to get dressed but falling over.
BB7 Pete falling in pool.
BB5 Marco in Diary Room "Big Brother, does my tele look like a lady garden?"

Patrick
04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
I think the adverts on TV should be better than that cr*ppy "9 days to go" which does absolutely NOTHING!

Any TV programme could do that, but you need to give people a reason to tune in and remind them of what is about to happen.

There should be about 6 different adverts, each highlighting a different thing. So for example...

[Text Fades In] The Drama
[Text Fades In] Is Back!
Then a collection of clips of some of the most dramatic moments of Big Brother such as; "GET GRACE OUT!",
BB7 "Jayne, all your fellow housemates will face the public vote",
BB6 Maxwell chucking water on Kemal, who replies "Well at least someone got wet tonight",
BB8 Seany pushing Charley in the pool, who gets out and screams.
BB7 Nikki (any clip.lol)
BB5 fight night, Nadia to Jason "Whatcha gunna do? Whatcha gunna do?"
BB5 Ahmed beating the statue with a shovel
(There are loads of different clips, this is just off the top of my head).

OR

[Text Fades In] The Laughter
[Text Fades In] Is Back!
Then a collection of clips of some of the most funny moments of Big Brother such as;
BB6 Kinga trying to get on the bucking bronco about 6times and falling off into cow sh*t.
BB3 Alison jumping on bench and it snapping.
BB3 Kate drunk in the bedroom trying to get dressed but falling over.
BB7 Pete falling in pool.
BB5 Marco in Diary Room "Big Brother, does my tele look like a lady garden?"

How the hell could you not include BB9 moments?

Dennis spitting on Mo was for more dramatic than Seany pushing Charley into a pool.

BB11UK
04-02-2010, 05:31 PM
How the hell could you not include BB9 moments?

Dennis spitting on Mo was for more dramatic than Seany pushing Charley into a pool.

Selective reading, yet again.

Did you not read the line that says (There are loads of different clips, this is just off the top of my head) or did you just blatently ignore it?

They were examples, nothing more nothing less.

Patrick
04-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Selective reading, yet again.

Did you not read the line that says (There are loads of different clips, this is just off the top of my head) or did you just blatently ignore it?

They were examples, nothing more nothing less.

What are you on about 'Yet again' and 'Selective Reading'

I've never spoken to you on here, not that I can remember.

MusicMan
04-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Advertising in cinemas would be brilliant
But the ads need to be super-dramatic
OMG 3D ads before a digital 3D film! I know it'll probably never happen but it would be amazing :D

Captain.Remy
04-02-2010, 08:19 PM

You need to get some advertising and marketing lessons because everything in advertising is deeply well made to manipulate everyone. As for the Dennis clip, it's been banned by C4 so I highly doubt they will show it ever again. And it wasn't that dramatic anyway. That was full of bitches crying. Not interesting.

BB11UK
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
As for the Dennis clip, it's been banned by C4 so I highly doubt they will show it ever again.

Exactly the reason why I didn't list it - because they wouldn't use it to advertise their programme. That's like saying "why not use the CBB race row" - Channel4 don't want to remind people of the incident.

But you could use the BB5 fight night because there are certain clips that are acceptable to use. But they wouldn't show the clip of Victor throwing the metal tray at Emma.

BB11UK
04-02-2010, 08:43 PM

We've already had a disagreement in another thread a few weeks back where you took one piece of what I said and used out of context.

Although you've agreed with a lot more of my points since then don't think I'm looking for an arguement.