PDA

View Full Version : BBC will pick up BB

JohnnyBB
05-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I just have a feeling that The bbc will pick up BB.. over the recent years bbc have expressed great interest in big brother, its been seen on comic relief also doctor who a ricky gervais spin off ect this proves to me that the bbc want BB but at the moment there keeping it quiet and will most probably get into negations with endemol after BB11 on channel4 has finished.

Tom4784
05-02-2010, 05:40 PM
It won't.

ILoveTRW
05-02-2010, 05:40 PM
ive been saying this since the summer

Tom
05-02-2010, 05:41 PM
The BBC could NEVER justify taking on Big Brother

Its about as likely as ITV issuing a statement that they're axing Corrie tonight at 4am.

1066gull
05-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I just have a feeling that The bbc will pick up BB.. over the recent years bbc have expressed great interest in big brother, its been seen on comic relief also doctor who a ricky gervais spin off ect this proves to me that the bbc want BB but at the moment there keeping it quiet and will most probably get into negations with endemol after BB11 on channel4 has finished.

The idea in Doctor Who has nothing to do with the BBC, it was the idea of show runner Russell T Davies to incorporate something we recognise. It's like saying Matt Smith was chosen by Steven Moffat because he acted with Billie Piper in Secret Diary and viewers would wake up to it because he was 'with their beloved Rose'... its just coincidence and nothing more.

I expect you're living on the hope more than realisation.

Jack_
05-02-2010, 05:43 PM
It'd never happen.

King Gizzard
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
If that happened, I would shave a pelican on to my head.

Mystic Mock
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
big brothers ratings can be 1.9million to 2million but on bbc with how old big brother is aswell will have to pull in 5million do you really think it will do that i used to but not anymore i think channel 4 should reconsider five pick it up or sky takes it

arista
05-02-2010, 05:47 PM

A Feeling is Not Enough.

Ch5 and Sky are in Talks

And Poor Watch Ch
needs it to stay alive.

The Bloated BBC can not touch it
bunch of Snobs.

BB_Eye
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
The BBC could NEVER justify taking on Big Brother

Its about as likely as ITV issuing a statement that they're axing Corrie tonight at 4am.

You're right, sadly we don't live in an ideal world.

Shaun
05-02-2010, 06:33 PM
My god...it's offensive enough to the public as it is, but making the public pay for it...there'd be uproar.

and "Ricky Gervais spin-off" - you are aware of what he said about the show in Extras, right?

BB_Eye
05-02-2010, 06:57 PM
I hardly see how BB would threaten the BBC's image in terms of lowbrow output. They are repeatedly churning out crap like Jonathan Ross, Top Gear and Strictly.

I like the BBC though :)

1066gull
05-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I hardly see how BB would threaten the BBC's image in terms of lowbrow output. They are repeatedly churning out crap like Jonathan Ross, Top Gear and Strictly.

I like the BBC though :)

As much as I love it, what about Doctor Who?:joker:

*mazedsalv**
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Tbh I could not see it happening. A show need to pull 5m+ to ensure its not a flop... how will BB pull in 5m+ even being on BBC1 anyways? They could try and make it more popular, billboards. etc.... but this needs to be years after, probably like 2014.

Unless BB pulls in 5m+ for BB11 and over 7m+ on the final, i cant see BBC1 getting involved, ITV just forget it, they would never touch the show. (even though Popstar to Operstar has been getting lower ratings than CBB7 evictions on the same night), good Im glad that flopped. (its at about 3.5m) ITV need a few flops, im tired of them dominating, I like BBC1, but i kind of dislike ITV, the only show i enjoy on there are the reality shows and Harry Hill's TV Burp.

Barbie
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
it doesnt fit in with the BBC's style and where the broadcaster is what the BBC would say about BB

BB_Eye
05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
As much as I love it, what about Doctor Who?:joker:

I have nothing against Doctor Who as a franchise, I just can't stomach Russell T. Davies' screenplay or David Tennant as the doctor... or John Barrowman in general... come to think of it, Russell T. Davies in general.

1066gull
05-02-2010, 10:02 PM
ITV need a few flops, im tired of them dominating, I like BBC1, but i kind of dislike ITV, the only show i enjoy on there are the reality shows and Harry Hill's TV Burp.Jeremy Kyle FTW!

I have a few issues with my parents and if I dont get on BB I will go on Jeremy Kyle!

1066gull
05-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I have nothing against Doctor Who as a franchise, I just can't stomach Russell T. Davies' screenplay or David Tennant as the doctor... or John Barrowman in general... come to think of it, Russell T. Davies in general.
I think Barrowman is sexy....

Tennant was my Doctor, but I will never stop watching the show. Doctor Who and Farscape are just, amazing.

I really do agree about RTD though, First episode I (briefly like 5mins) watched was 42, but the first proper episode was Sound of Drums. i was hooked. But the finale was so disappointing with the 'reset'.

Voyage of the Damned was the best christmas special and Tooth and Claw is my favorite overall.

BB11UK
05-02-2010, 11:30 PM
BBC is the most politically correct network on British television.

They turn away anything that could be seen as remotely controversial - there is absolutely no way that they would take on one of (if not THE) most controversial programme on television.

Tom
06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
BBC is the most politically correct network on British television.

They turn away anything that could be seen as remotely controversial - there is absolutely no way that they would take on one of (if not THE) most controversial programme on television.

There have been calls to take the show off air since BB5 back in 2004 ever since viewers rang the police on fight night. The next year was very nasty, and the year after there were a lot of mental health people criticising the show.

CBB5 is the most controversial TV show in history. So I think its safe to say that BB is the most controversial show on TV and others have some way to go before its beaten.

_Seth
06-02-2010, 02:22 PM

The randomnes! :joker::joker::joker:

It would be good if they did - that would mean no adverts which would mean a full hour of BB. Not a measly 45 minutes.

kjtnation
06-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm sure BBC would never doe that. They are so OLD. BB is new.

Mystic Mock
06-02-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm sure BBC would never doe that. They are so OLD. BB is new.

are you on about my post because you can quote on a message to say what you mean

user12975
07-02-2010, 01:14 AM
if itv did it it wud be more populer coz itv is more watched the channel 4

BBDodge
08-02-2010, 11:36 AM
The BBC is obsessed by "compliance" and compliance is what killed BB on C4.

teamandre
08-02-2010, 11:52 AM
the .bbc should take them on but never will so X

arista
08-02-2010, 11:57 AM
The BBC is obsessed by "compliance" and compliance is what killed BB on C4.

Bang On Right
The Bloated BBC are Snobs.