PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry to dampen your spirits but

King Gizzard
08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
And I've said this in a couple of threads but yeah...they've probably got most of their HM's before the auditions. Its a sham just like BGT and XF. The auditions are probably only for like, 2 slots in the house. I really wouldn't get your hopes up that high

People like Marcus, Charlie, Rodrigo, Bex, and Siavash were test housemates and back up housemates from years before.

Twilight
08-02-2010, 11:27 PM
umg you liek made me cry D:
LOL joking:P
but yeah i agree sadly what you say is true.

Ramsay
08-02-2010, 11:59 PM
youve got it right nathan
thats why id never go auditions

BB11UK
09-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Sorry, but this is just a sorry excuse used by people whose goal to be a housemate isn't going to come true.

Yes, many HMs have been test-HMs the year before, and yes many HMs have had agents before entering the house, but you're not taking into consideration that the test-HMs went through the audition process just like everyone else, they just didn't make it into the house (the final people either go into the test house, become a housemate or are a stand-in).
The test-house is filmed just like BB, but isn't broadcast. They're in their for 2-3weeks and it's the same as the normal BB, so arguements, romances, friendships, etc. all happen just like BB. As they have got to the final stage of the previous year's auditions but not made it onto the show, and have now been seen by producers in the test house - it allows the producers to go "actually, they'd have been a brilliant housemate" and so they ask the participant to try again next year.

About the agent - yes, many of them have agents before entering the house, but a lot of them are advised to get one just before they enter so that someone can handle the publicity while they're none-the-wiser for 3months in the house. People such as Noirin got an agent just a few weeks before she went in, not a few weeks before she auditioned.

lastchancebb
09-02-2010, 01:32 AM
i think they would have trouble getting test housemates this year as those people have no chance of getting on in further years. Do housemates get financial help for rent and stuff when they in da house.

Arneldo
09-02-2010, 07:47 AM
What is important is that Marcus, Charlie, Rodrigo, Bex, and Siavash were allgreat housemates. So what if they didn't audition in 2009? They were obviously memorably enough for the producer to stick them in.

arsenalforever
09-02-2010, 08:09 AM
And I've said this in a couple of threads but yeah...they've probably got most of their HM's before the auditions. Its a sham just like BGT and XF. The auditions are probably only for like, 2 slots in the house. I really wouldn't get your hopes up that high

People like Marcus, Charlie, Rodrigo, Bex, and Siavash were test housemates and back up housemates from years before.

True Nathan :(

they got Marcus and siavash from past audtions and i think Lisa and rodrigo too

sophie got in cause of her agent too

Pete from BB7 was kept back for BB7

a few of the BB6 HM's were also Test Hm's

arsenalforever
09-02-2010, 08:11 AM
What is important is that Marcus, Charlie, Rodrigo, Bex, and Siavash were allgreat housemates. So what if they didn't audition in 2009? They were obviously memorably enough for the producer to stick them in.

But its not fair for the ones who line up in the cold for hours to try and get into the show

BB11UK
09-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Lea Walker BB7:
Well, I wasn't gonna bother going for starters, I'd been to the auditions the year before and got through - I was supposed to be going on BB6. I planned my whole life - you imagine how your life will span out as a result of going in the House and then they rang at the last minute and barred me from going in because I'd done the programme on cosmetic surgery. I was so p*ssed off. I was really, really upset. So when they called me the following year [to audition again], I thought bugger off, but then I thought, you know what? I'm a single mum and I want to show everyone that single mums can do this. So I agreed.
What was apparent was that the audition process seemed to be different from the year before. What was weird was that everyone else was being assessed but it was like I wasn't being asked to do as much compared to the others. It was clear they wanted me by hook or by crook - I hadn't even been asked to do any guinea pig runs* like all the others had, I did none of that.

*Guinea Pig run' - in recent years BB producers have placed some people who have auditioned but not been chosen for the House into a 'trial house' for a few weeks before the series begins.

Gerry Stergiopoulos BB8:
My simple answer is be a very individual individual. Its all about being either quite special or quite representational of a stereotype. the chaviest chav, the nurdiest nerd, the poshest aristo and so on... I can only talk from personal experience really. Once I was told by one of the big execs that I was a good bargain a Greek gay geek.. three stereotypes in one.
There are so many stages - they even send a producer at ur work and drinks to meet ur friends. I applied for first time for BB7 and I did get in and afterwards i was told because I was too similar to Richard (Who’s now is one of my best friends in London).

Richard Newman BB7:
I'd been auditioning for Big Brother since BB5! I did well as so went back for BB6, where I was chosen to do the guinea pig run, so by series seven they well and truly knew me and I had by now got an understanding of exactly what they were looking for. I think they choose people from the dummy runs because they need to be sure that the people they put in the House are what they say they are - they are constantly checking and verifying and it also gives them a chance to see who you would and would not get on with.

See, they do audition again! They aren't just called and asked "Do you want to be a housemate this year? We'll put you straight in the house."

Beastie
10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah I think some actually do genuinely just audition or if they were rejected audition again and then are placed as a housemate. However some go in who were test housemates probably because the producers like them or cannot find anyone else better or some go in because they have an agent or a friend of the producer like Dennis was friendly with Sharon..

At the end of the day.. I think it is worth it to audition. I only got to round 2 but still think it is worth it. Why not give it a shot? But anyways all the auditions are over and done with.. and good luck to the people who have got far!

Bring on bb11 :) In less than 4 months! woo hoo!

\PJ/
10-02-2010, 03:00 PM
All these types of shows are all ready written out,the producers ECT just need to find the write people to fit the characters to make there show.

yousoboo!
10-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Who cares aslong as they are big characters/nutters?

ILoveTRW
10-02-2010, 03:43 PM
How do you know that they didnt reaudition?