PDA

View Full Version : They are stupid for not doing all-stars

iRyan
14-03-2010, 04:19 AM
I'm am still so extremely pissed that producers put down the idea of doing an all-stars series. Do they not realize that an all-stars series would provide a huge increase in viewership? Former viewers who stopped watching would want to come back and watch to see their favorite housemates that they love and remember. Right off the bat, viewers will have housemates that they will strongly be rooting for.

I've heard people say that everyone would play it up and be false, but you can only be "false" for a matter of time. Within 93 days, your going to stop "pretending". Not that I think people would be "false" anyway.

It just seems fitting that the final season should bring back ALL of the best and most entertaining housemates that made the show what it is. Just imagine how hyped it would be and all the public and media attention it would get. I remember when US BB did all-stars, it got tons of media coverage and entertainment shows talking about it, it was all about the suprise reveal of who was going to make the cast.

If only :bawling:

Joe.
14-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm am still so extremely pissed that producers put down the idea of doing an all-stars series. Do they not realize that an all-stars series would provide a huge increase in viewership? Former viewers who stopped watching would want to come back and watch to see their favorite housemates that they love and remember. Right off the bat, viewers will have housemates that they will strongly be rooting for.

I've heard people say that everyone would play it up and be false, but you can only be "false" for a matter of time. Within 93 days, your going to stop "pretending". Not that I think people would be "false" anyway.

It just seems fitting that the final season should bring back ALL of the best and most entertaining housemates that made the show what it is. Just imagine how hyped it would be and all the public and media attention it would get. I remember when US BB did all-stars, it got tons of media coverage and entertainment shows talking about it, it was all about the suprise reveal of who was going to make the cast.

I so agree, my Aunty used to love it and now dosen't watch it, I mentioned they're might be an all stars and she said that'd get her back watching (Y)!

Patrick
14-03-2010, 09:06 AM
The fact is, so many of the housemates wouldnt come back.

They either hate the show now, they dont want to damage their 'fame' like Jade did, they dont want to go in because they cba, or they think they are too big for Big Brother now.

Alot of Housemates in the past, have made bad remarks about the show that bloody made them famous!

So they wouldnt get enough people to join in unfortunatly, plus they would have to pay alot to get big Housemates like Nikki Grahame, Rex Newmark or Makosi back.

It would of been great and the potential eye would of been amazing, with all 9 Eyes put together.

But hey, if this series does do very well in ratings.. which it could do if you look at the CBB7 Ratings.. then there is a better chance of Sky/Watch/Five etc buying it.

Because if they did an all star series and it got like 6 Million every night, no other channel would buy BB12 as they would think BB11 only did well because of the Stars.

But if its a normal series and it does well then, another channel will know it was because of the original format and would buy it.

Firewire
14-03-2010, 09:53 AM

They either hate the show now, they dont want to damage their 'fame' like Jade did, they dont want to go in because they cba, or they think they are too big for Big Brother now.

Alot of Housemates in the past, have made bad remarks about the show that bloody made them famous!

So they wouldnt get enough people to join in unfortunatly, plus they would have to pay alot to get big Housemates like Nikki Grahame, Rex Newmark or Makosi back.

It would of been great and the potential eye would of been amazing, with all 9 Eyes put together.

But hey, if this series does do very well in ratings.. which it could do if you look at the CBB7 Ratings.. then there is a better chance of Sky/Watch/Five etc buying it.

Because if they did an all star series and it got like 6 Million every night, no other channel would buy BB12 as they would think BB11 only did well because of the Stars.

But if its a normal series and it does well then, another channel will know it was because of the original format and would buy it.

They might not need to buy it. If it's "such a success" during BB11 then Channel 4 will probably sign a new contract.

Patrick
14-03-2010, 10:35 AM
They might not need to buy it. If it's "such a success" during BB11 then Channel 4 will probably sign a new contract.

:shocked: Really?

That would be wicked.

Stu
14-03-2010, 11:17 AM

Your basing everything off assumption here. Big Brother UK is very different to it's shite American counterpart [just ask Patrick].

Personally for the final series I want to spend the summer getting to know a new bunch who will be excited as it is the groups first time in the house. I don't want to watch people who have been in years prior stroll about the place underwhelmed by the whole experience.

zotler.
14-03-2010, 11:29 AM
An all-star series would be incredibly boring in my opinion... You already know their personalities so you know what to expect from them - it wrecks one of the reasons I enjoy Big Brother so much.
Patrick, I believe that a lot of them would be easily persuaded into going back in though... A lot of them are fame hungry and would be delighted at the chance for more publicity.

Beastie
16-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I would not mind seeing a 3 week run of the most entertaining past housemates going back into the house but not 13 weeks! However they have had their time in the house.

I like seeing brand new spiking people going into the house every year :)

BrooklynFan
16-03-2010, 09:55 PM
There should be a 4 week long CBB with an all stars.

BBitterLemons
16-03-2010, 10:15 PM
It's a stupid idea and I'm glad they're not entertaining it. CBB is one thing, this All Stars crap is quite another!

Tom4784
16-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Nobody would care if they did do one, After a series ends the HMs are swiftly forgotten and reviled. What's the point in bringing them back?

elliebelly
16-03-2010, 11:43 PM
NO NO NO, I dont want to see old housemates...fresh house mates we need after all the past ones made their mark, so why not give others a chance..they had their chance of fame and publicity ...no dont want it. There is always new people to see and like just as much as old housemates. Old housemates wont be themselves they will want to portray themselves differently as they will know their faults and try and change them...so I say NO

yousoboo!
17-03-2010, 04:07 PM
you just couldn't have an all star show without Jade.

Glenn.
17-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I dont like the thought of an all stars series. I think it would turn people in droves awya from the show.

yousoboo!
18-03-2010, 02:28 PM
yes we need fresh deluded meat

Jacob
26-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Big Brother fans have complained time after time when a task is re-used and just funked up a bit. Why would we think you would want to watch a house full of people you know already, when the point of Big Brother is to watch strangers, battling against each other for fame?

ILoveTRW
26-03-2010, 11:30 PM
there stupid for not doing a spin off like the challenge is to the real world

GypsyGoth
26-03-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm glad they didn't do this BB with past housemates.

Beastie
27-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Big Brother fans have complained time after time when a task is re-used and just funked up a bit. Why would we think you would want to watch a house full of people you know already, when the point of Big Brother is to watch strangers, battling against each other for fame?

This! and omg! hello Jacob :D you are back. I remember you being here last year giving us spoilers about the show! because you work for bb? welcome back! aww I am so excited. You have to give me the scoop :D pretty please!

By the way.. some tasks are brillant to be shown again. The chilli task has to be done again!! that is hilarious EVERY TIME! :D

southblue
02-04-2010, 11:56 PM
I think it is generally accepted by most bb fans that an "all star" big brother would be a bad way to go, particularly for a main season. Perhaps the time to have done it would have been in place of cbb7, but not for the main summer show.
As already mentioned, the best of the previous HMs would probably not be interested or would demand a fee so we would be left with the blander and less successful contestants which would make for a pretty boring show.
I admit it was quite fun to see some ex-HMs enter for individual tasks last year, but anything longer than a one-off appearance would have really ruined the show. One of the exciting things about BB is getting to know new HMs who have been (ideally) plucked out of obscurity and following their journey throughout the summer.
Anyway, this idea has in someway already been done. Though it only included HMs from BB1 - 5, BB panto gives an idea of how an all-stars BB would look and that received mixed reviews from the fans.

BrooklynFan
04-04-2010, 03:21 AM
they shoudl put more old housemates in for visits like they did last summer.

WOMBAI
04-04-2010, 11:37 AM

Most housemates have disappeared back into obscurity, where they belong, and would be desperate for the chance to get their ugly mugs back in the limelight! But most of the public wouldn't want that - who wants to see a load of untalented neverhavebeens thrust in their faces for a second time?

Apart from Craig Philips, Brian Dowling, Alison, Kate and Jade - no other housemates have really achieved anything - except some attention from cheap rag mags about their drunken antics - that is not fame - just cheap news to fill cheap magazines.

The last show should stick to its original formula and involve the public voyeurism of yet another bunch of unknowns - whose contrived desperate attempts to play up to the cameras and get any attention and publicity they can - at least provides a few giggles!

WOMBAI
04-04-2010, 11:42 AM

It should stick to its original formula for the last series!

Beastie
04-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Most housemates have disappeared back into obscurity, where they belong, and would be desperate for the chance to get their ugly mugs back in the limelight! But most of the public wouldn't want that - who wants to see a load of untalented neverhavebeens thrust in their faces for a second time?

Apart from Craig Philips, Brian Dowling, Alison, Kate and Jade - no other housemates have really achieved anything - except some attention from cheap rag mags about their drunken antics - that is not fame - just cheap news to fill cheap magazines.

The last show should stick to its original formula and involve the public voyeurism of yet another bunch of unknowns - whose contrived desperate attempts to play up to the cameras and get any attention and publicity they can - at least provides a few giggles!

Perfect description Wombai!! NO old housemates, it would be nauseating!
They can appear on BBBM to give out their views but that is far as it should go.. however it is always Nikki from bb7 or Brian bb8 bumming BBBM! I would like to see Luke from bb9 on BBBM, one of the few housemates with a bit of intelligence and something interesting to say..

WOMBAI
04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Perfect description Wombai!! NO old housemates, it would be nauseating!
They can appear on BBBM to give out their views but that is far as it should go.. however it is always Nikki from bb7 or Brian bb8 bumming BBBM! I would like to see Luke from bb9 on BBBM, one of the few housemates with a bit of intelligence and something interesting to say..

Luke was such a bitch!

Beastie
04-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Luke was such a bitch!

Lol okay he was.. but he was great in the first few weeks but then him and Bex were bumming each other and then he bitched about Rachel and so forth but he is interesting.. and I would like to see him on BBBM instead of Nikki and her pulling them stupid faces that you can see all the lines in her face or Brian's overall pure stupidity (eventhough I don't mind these two but I just want to see LUKE!)

BrooklynFan
12-04-2010, 02:50 AM
according to the digital spy forums, quite a few ex housemates will be entering the house. they will be ineligible to win but will be spending time in the house. that is to be expected; I am excited for that.

Beastie
12-04-2010, 12:55 PM
according to the digital spy forums, quite a few ex housemates will be entering the house. they will be ineligible to win but will be spending time in the house. that is to be expected; I am excited for that.

Mmmm.. Luke Marsden has to be one of them! Omg imagine Luke and Bex in there lol. Infact I would not want that.. it will all be about them so just Luke.. I am guessing Nikki Grahame and god knows who else wants to cling onto Big Brother.. I thought the producers were looking for people who are not explicitly fame hungry?

BrooklynFan
12-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Nikki wont be but Aisleyne will, and others say that Brian Dowling, Brian Belo, and Makosi are all going in. guess we'll wait and see. Someone else also said that they are more or less going to break a lot of the old rules and run things differently this year. it sounds very exciting.

Firewire
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM
All Stars wouldn't work.

No one would come back except the fame-hungry *****s.

Beastie
12-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Nikki wont be but Aisleyne will, and others say that Brian Dowling, Brian Belo, and Makosi are all going in. guess we'll wait and see. Someone else also said that they are more or less going to break a lot of the old rules and run things differently this year. it sounds very exciting.

Omg. Nikki not going in? Why? I thought she would beg to go in. Brian Dowling would be interesting, he has been out of the spotlight. Makosi.. lol biggest game player ever, would be able to believe a word she says. However if they are not eligible to win.. is there any point? I hope they just have the best new housemates ever!! without bringing in ex housemates! The 2 Brian's and Luke Marden should just appear on BBBM!

iRyan
13-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Why in the hell would Aisleyne go in over Nikki. Nikki is 100x more entertaining and loved by fans than that ghetto bitch. If she were to go in and not Nikki, I would be PISSED.

bbfan1991
13-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Of course Nikki would go in over Aisleyne:p, Nikki is much more memorable whether people liked or hated her.

IMO BB11 is going to be a normal summer series but something will be done with ex hm's to mark the end of the show:).

bbfan1991
13-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Why in the hell would Aisleyne go in over Nikki. Nikki is 100x more entertaining and loved by fans than that ghetto bitch. If she were to go in and not Nikki, I would be PISSED.

Remember people are not supposed to like Nikki, we're all supposed to think Aisleyne is the best innit better know yourself etc etc:p.

Patrick
13-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Nikki is one of the most loved HMs ever the only Fan Base Ashlyene has is on Digital Spy :rolleyes:

I dont see why Nikki wouldnt return, she went in BB10 after all.. thats a start.

bbfan1991
13-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Nikki is one of the most loved HMs ever the only Fan Base Ashlyene has is on Digital Spy :rolleyes:

I dont see why Nikki wouldnt return, she went in BB10 after all.. thats a start.

:nono: Aisleyne also had a fanbase on C4 forums, liking Nikki was not allowed there and on DS if you dared to say it people would have a go at you:rolleyes: but at least some agreed to disagree:D, same goes for DS which I read that year even though I have never joined it:D.

yousoboo!
13-04-2010, 12:06 PM
they are all parasites apart from the lesbian nun from BB1. Anna I think her name was.

BrooklynFan
13-04-2010, 01:20 PM
they LOVE aisleyne on Television Without PIty as well (where the mature adults talk about BB not like here! :D

Brekkie
13-04-2010, 01:25 PM
There are very few HMs who'd I'd like to see again - the sort of ones who would do it (the Nikkis and Chantelles of this world) are the people who'd just stop me from watching!

The only type of series I'd like to see featuring ex-HMs, and what I think for a true BB fan would be a great way of finishing the franchise, is for the original HMs from 2000 to be reunited 10 years on. Let's see how different the outcome would be this time.

Stacey.
13-04-2010, 01:26 PM
i think it would be cool to have an All-Star version. :)
i would have liked to see Freddie Fisher back in, along with Sophie Reade.
and Sara Folino, and of course; Samanda! :D

Twilight
13-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't care ROFL