23-03-2010, 11:16 PM
My 3yr old rottweiler has just bit me. She's left a hole in my lip.:bawling:

Callum
23-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh god that sounds bad, hope you'll be okay. :shocked: :shocked:

On a lighter note it's my birthday yay!!! :D

30stone
23-03-2010, 11:17 PM
That happened to my mum with our 5 month old puppy.
But wasnt to bad made her bleed tho.

He got a slap.
lol.

Jessica.
23-03-2010, 11:19 PM

He got a slap.
lol.

:laugh:

_Seth
23-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Was it an accident?
Whether it was or not, don't tell ANYONE because the dog could be put down.

Glenn.
23-03-2010, 11:20 PM

He got a slap.
lol.

My mouth was gushing with blood. I thought her teeth had gone right through my lip but luckily it didnt. She got a a few hard slaps.
Can't believe I have a hole in my lip :shocked:

Happy Birthday Callum

Edit: It wasnt really an accident. She's got this little thing, where she nicks socks from the washing and sits in front of you, wanting you to take it. We thought it was funny at first, but then it turned a litle weird. She has been getting a little possessive over them lately, which resulted in the hole in my mouth.

30stone
23-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Happy Birthday Callum.
And damn that must have been hard..

My dog tried to bite the back of my leg when he got excited i put my shoe up and he bit that instead, slaped him and chucked him in his bed, and he didnt move.

:)

Princess
23-03-2010, 11:26 PM
And this is why I'm scared of dogs...

Hope you're alright!

Glenn.
23-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeh I'm fine. Ive just got a very fat lip and a great fang shaped hole that I can stick the tip of my tongue in.

LeatherTrumpet
24-03-2010, 08:42 AM
The dog that attacked that girl in the news today had bit the girls brother a few weeks previously. You have to take this very seriously. If I were you I would seek professional help re the dog as soon as possible.

Christina
24-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Ouch, hope you're okay!

Never actually been bit by a dog and i've grown up with them.. i think we've just been lucky to have quite gentle ones like Golden Retrievers.

setanta
24-03-2010, 10:52 AM
The dog that attacked that girl in the news today had bit the girls brother a few weeks previously. You have to take this very seriously. If I were you I would seek professional help re the dog as soon as possible.

I agree. Can't accept behaviour like that cuz it'll get worse if untreated.

Niamh.
24-03-2010, 11:10 AM
A dog like a rotteweiler should only be owned by people who know how to handle and train them, in the worng hands (no offence) they're just far too dangerous.

setanta
24-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Another question though - what were you doing to make it bite you? What was happening in the few seconds preceeding the nip?

Niamh.
24-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Another question though - what were you doing to make it bite you? What was happening in the few seconds preceeding the nip?

That is a good question and knowing that might help if it weren't such a big and potentially dangerous dog, but I think that trying to figure and sort out problems with dogs like this breed is just too risky for people who aren't properly trained in dealing with dogs themselves and especially people who have kids as well, because kids are unpredictable themselves and it's just not safe to have them around dangerous breeds of dogs imo.

setanta
24-03-2010, 11:31 AM
That is a good question and knowing that might help if it weren't such a big and potentially dangerous dog, but I think that trying to figure and sort out problems with dogs like this breed is just too risky for people who aren't properly trained in dealing with dogs themselves and especially people who have kids as well, because kids are unpredictable themselves and it's just not safe to have them around dangerous breeds of dogs imo.

No, I agree with you - it's too much dog for some people. Just curious, that's all.

Twilight
24-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Tbf though any dog can be dangerous

Niamh.
24-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Tbf though any dog can be dangerous

Yes but there's a big difference between an aggresive Chuahuahua and an aggresive Rottweiller!

setanta
24-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Yes but there's a big difference between an aggresive Chuahuahua and an aggresive Rottweiller!

Lol, exactly.

Niamh.
24-03-2010, 11:41 AM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2008/4/0/683E9F6A-A050-7B08-A2C269C9C4EF99A2.jpg
http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/990/800/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_763441.jpg

hehe

rapunza1977
24-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Here here!

My friend has a staffy - it's the most gorgeous dog ever. However she knows how to train and treat the dog and integrates well with kids and people but its forever eatig weel, sleeping well and run well as well as attending dog shows. Its all about the owners in my eyes - and if dog steps out of line how you handle it from that stage

Enid
24-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I was attacked by my boxer when I was a kid. It was the only time she ever turned "funny". It wasn't serious but her bite did cause my face to bleed quite heavily. And then I was almost mauled by an Alsation the other week. Looked like he was lost. No lead. No owner. So I went over to check (silly I know) and then he came darting up to me and started barking violently. I had to walk back home to change my underwear after that ordeal.

red
24-03-2010, 01:53 PM
dog bite huh? whats with the dogs these days? my friend's 5 year old son got attacked by the neighbours dog the other day..
anyway, you should probably get that checked ASAP mate

Niamh.
24-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Here here!

My friend has a staffy - it's the most gorgeous dog ever. However she knows how to train and treat the dog and integrates well with kids and people but its forever eatig weel, sleeping well and run well as well as attending dog shows. Its all about the owners in my eyes - and if dog steps out of line how you handle it from that stage

yeah, exactly, I mean I'm not against these dogs at all, I love dogs but people are getting those type of dogs especially staffys and pit bulls as an "I'm a hardman" statement, treating them the wrong way and maybe encouraging aggressive behaviour in the dogs which is irresponsible and very dangerous.

Barbie
24-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Luckily i have never had a dog turn funny
one of ours broke my mums nose by jumping up at her and headbutting it by accident but apart from that nothing

Make the most of the hole, you could have a nice piercing

more seriously if it was aggressive and if the dog is possessive you need to see someone about it all

Stacey.
24-03-2010, 05:00 PM
:shocked: thats awful.
our German Shepherd attacked my mum a few years back, and she had to be put down :(

Glenn.
24-03-2010, 08:48 PM
She is trained etc, and its the first time she's ever stepped ut of line. And she knows it. She hasnt attempted to take a sock today which is very unusual because round about now, the living room is littered with them.
I know people say its the owners, and I agree. She is a really soppy dog, and I don't want to give anyone the impression that she is a dangerous dog, because she is far from it.
We have decided now to discourage her from getting socks, because after last night, it isnt funny anymore.

EDIT: Someone asked what I did for her to bite me. I was kissing her snout. Something I have done today, without any problems lol