PDA

View Full Version : psychological tests

mardibum
29-03-2010, 09:02 PM
What do you think these are like and how many people do you think get to that stage? What stage do you think they are on now?

Beastie
29-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Don't know

Jacob
29-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Everybody who wants to enter the house has a psychological test to make sure they are mentaly stable to enter.

Beastie
29-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Everybody who wants to enter the house has a psychological test to make sure they are mentaly stable to enter.

Jacob! hey how are you?

how far has bb auditions gone?

Is Amy Green or Sam King (both models) going to be a bb11 housemate?

please tell all!

MusicMan
29-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Did they skip that bit for BB7 then :joker:

ILoveTRW
29-03-2010, 10:12 PM
as far as im concerned, if you fail then you should go into the house

Beastie
29-03-2010, 10:13 PM

I want you in!

ILoveTRW
29-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I want you in!

hopefully ill be on the real world :p

dont think i could do BB, id go crazy being deprived of everything and i would be the most hated housemate ever :joker:

Beastie
29-03-2010, 10:20 PM
hopefully ill be on the real world :p

dont think i could do BB, id go crazy being deprived of everything and i would be the most hated housemate ever :joker:

I will still love you! and I hope you get on The Real World!

mardibum
29-03-2010, 10:21 PM

We know everyone has them but how many do you think are in at that point?

ILoveTRW
29-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I will still love you! and I hope you get on The Real World!

well i havent had anything back yet, so we will see

Beastie
29-03-2010, 10:24 PM
well i havent had anything back yet, so we will see

Yes we shall see. I should apply for stuff on bog off tv channels!

BBitterLemons
29-03-2010, 11:40 PM

That wasn't the question though, was it?

Do give us your "inside info" :)...

keithafc
29-03-2010, 11:52 PM
There has to of been people who passed the tests and yet still broke down in that house. Its a big cauldron. Its a real mental issue.

bbsuperfan
30-03-2010, 10:17 AM
There's easily 200 still in at that point. It's a few hours with a psychiatrist and a few hours with a psychologist and happen after the group days in London. If you were at a group day and didn't hear within a week you're more than likely out.

mardibum
30-03-2010, 12:07 PM
No, it was down to 200 in the last group rounds apparently.

Tom
30-03-2010, 12:21 PM

I'm sorry but if Shahbaz and Sree pass the shrinks then I really worry for those who fail. Poor Kerry Katona and Sherrie Hewson :joker:

Beastie
30-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry but if Shahbaz and Sree pass the shrinks then I really worry for those who fail. Poor Kerry Katona and Sherrie Hewson :joker:

Lol yep.. well you see they were probably good actors before they applied for BB and once they actually get onto BB they are as dull as dishwater.

bbsuperfan
30-03-2010, 01:20 PM
There can be more than 200 from the group rounds as there's usually 10 in each group and they go on for over four weeks. A good proportion go from each group to the psych evals. Plus some people who they've earmarked (from prev years, trial housemates etc) go straight to the psychs.

BBitterLemons
30-03-2010, 04:34 PM
No, it was down to 200 in the last group rounds apparently.

yeah exactly.

200 people do not see the psychs.

mardibum
30-03-2010, 04:42 PM
yeah exactly.

200 people do not see the psychs.

So, what's your guess at the numbers?

BBitterLemons
30-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I imagine they halve those numbers and then from that 100 they send a certain amount to the psychs. I wouldnt want to guess an exact number as I wouldnt know

BBitterLemons
30-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Well, Jacob?

mardibum
30-03-2010, 10:40 PM
well does anyone know what come after the tests?

I think they are still looking at about 50-60 people. I think the numbers are quite low now ...

bbsuperfan
31-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Not to be rude, but I've been in hiding a few years ago so I've a pretty good grasp of the process and timelines. After the psych tests there's lots of long phone calls, they'll talk to your family/friends, get you to get med forms in, get police clearance form from you, if you get really far, in end April/early May they sent a person to spend time with you, meet some of your friends, see your home etc. If you're really lucky, you'll then get a call to go to hiding in Europe with chaperones, which is still not a guarantee that you'll be a housemate as they send more into hiding than they do in the house.
It's a fun rollercoaster if you get to be a part of it.

mardibum
31-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Not to be rude, but I've been in hiding a few years ago so I've a pretty good grasp of the process and timelines. After the psych tests there's lots of long phone calls, they'll talk to your family/friends, get you to get med forms in, get police clearance form from you, if you get really far, in end April/early May they sent a person to spend time with you, meet some of your friends, see your home etc. If you're really lucky, you'll then get a call to go to hiding in Europe with chaperones, which is still not a guarantee that you'll be a housemate as they send more into hiding than they do in the house.
It's a fun rollercoaster if you get to be a part of it.

So did they come to your home? Did you go to Europe? I'm guessing the nubers are smaller this year ...

bbsuperfan
31-03-2010, 11:34 AM
We went for a bite to eat with some unsuspecting pals and met up with my dad.
They were really nice actually. Went to Europe for a week but didn't get into the house.
After experiencing hiding though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed being in the house as much as I thought I would - your phone is taken from you pretty much straight away and I found that horrible.
You go to a hotel around London for a night before where all the potentials are, you don't get to meet them or anything though as you're confined to your room and then head off.
If you're in the process, good luck!

Beastie
31-03-2010, 11:38 AM
They were really nice actually. Went to Europe for a week but didn't get into the house.
After experiencing hiding though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed being in the house as much as I thought I would - your phone is taken from you pretty much straight away and I found that horrible.
You go to a hotel around London for a night before where all the potentials are, you don't get to meet them or anything though as you're confined to your room and then head off.

Sounds bloody exciting!! aww wish I got past round 2.. :(

Aww it is a shame you didn't get into the house!!

did you audition this year?

bbsuperfan
31-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Nope, only auditioned that once. It's the same people working on it nearly every year and you do get to know them a bit, so I felt like I'd be a bit of a saddo going back again.
It was brilliant fun, very disappointing at the time but in retrospect I think I had the best of it - all the excitement and none of the public humiliation.
Every year since I've told all my friends to audition just for the experience. I won't ruin it for others who might be in the middle of it but there's some elements of the secrecy that I still giggle about.

Beastie
31-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Nope, only auditioned that once. It's the same people working on it nearly every year and you do get to know them a bit, so I felt like I'd be a bit of a saddo going back again.
It was brilliant fun, very disappointing at the time but in retrospect I think I had the best of it - all the excitement and none of the public humiliation.
Every year since I've told all my friends to audition just for the experience. I won't ruin it for others who might be in the middle of it but there's some elements of the secrecy that I still giggle about.

Like what? lol

bbsuperfan
31-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Honestly, I would tell if it wouldn't take away from the experience for other people. THey're only small silly things, I'll tell you after it starts if you want but I'd hate to be the surprise ruiner for other people!

keithafc
31-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Why didn't you get in? With some of the idiots who have been in the house in recent years, its amazing you didn't get in.

BrooklynFan
01-04-2010, 01:57 AM
wow bbsuperfan I cant imagine the disappointment of making it through all the rounds AND going into hiding and then not going into the house! :( I can't believe those decisions are so last minute! and imagine, In BB8 the four guys who entered on day 17 had been in hiding for FOUR WEEKS! What excuse do you give your family? Doesnt everyoen kinda figure out that youre a potential housemate becuase you've disappearede?

BBitterLemons
01-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Finally, I think we have someone with some genuine experience and input!

bbsuperfan
01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
It was disappointing at the time but you get caught up so much in the excitement that you don't really give enough time to think about the downsides, like media etc. Even though they give you 'the talk of doom', it's just so exciting you tend to ignore it. So at the time, yes, disappointing; afterwards, a great time to look back to.
It really goes down to the last minute, there's more people in hiding than housemates and usually, they'll have a core few definites that they want and then they pick the rest around them to build up a wide range of people that will either really clash or really get on with the core group.
I personally think I didn't go in because I wasn't zany or extreme enough, that said, I must have been interesting in enough ways to get to hiding :) I don't hold any grudges, they're the experts and know what they want and looking back, I think I would have been a misfit within the bunch.
My family knew I was going into hiding, I think most people's families do (or at least those who trust their families). You've an official family member/friend that gets called while you're hiding to be given an emergency contact number in case they need to reach you, so the idea that noone on the outside has any idea who is a potential housemates is a myth.
The housemates that go in the middle (I don't know about the four guys though) are usually not in hiding and can be picked from pretty much any part of the audition process, once again it's determined by the group in the house at the time.
Some housemates audition for a previous year and get asked to be rehearsal housemates and then get asked on in the following, Becca was one of these - she's spoken publicly about it so not getting anyone in trouble :)

BrooklynFan
01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Which season of BB was it that you nearly made it in?
Jonty said on Digital Spy that he was in hiding for FOUR WEEKS before finally being called back to England and put on standby and then going into hiding for an additional week right before he was put in finally.
Once we're 2 weeks before the start of the series, can you tell us more about all the secrecy stuff, since the real housemates wont be reading anymore? It's fascinating. and probably a lot of fun too.

BBitterLemons
01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
It was disappointing at the time but you get caught up so much in the excitement that you don't really give enough time to think about the downsides, like media etc. Even though they give you 'the talk of doom', it's just so exciting you tend to ignore it. So at the time, yes, disappointing; afterwards, a great time to look back to.
It really goes down to the last minute, there's more people in hiding than housemates and usually, they'll have a core few definites that they want and then they pick the rest around them to build up a wide range of people that will either really clash or really get on with the core group.
I personally think I didn't go in because I wasn't zany or extreme enough, that said, I must have been interesting in enough ways to get to hiding :) I don't hold any grudges, they're the experts and know what they want and looking back, I think I would have been a misfit within the bunch.
My family knew I was going into hiding, I think most people's families do (or at least those who trust their families). You've an official family member/friend that gets called while you're hiding to be given an emergency contact number in case they need to reach you, so the idea that noone on the outside has any idea who is a potential housemates is a myth.
The housemates that go in the middle (I don't know about the four guys though) are usually not in hiding and can be picked from pretty much any part of the audition process, once again it's determined by the group in the house at the time.
Some housemates audition for a previous year and get asked to be rehearsal housemates and then get asked on in the following, Becca was one of these - she's spoken publicly about it so not getting anyone in trouble :)

I told you guys ^

I was in a guinea pig week with Bex among others. Its so nice to have someone who has been through it all too, welcome superfan!

mardibum
06-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I told you guys ^

I was in a guinea pig week with Bex among others. Its so nice to have someone who has been through it all too, welcome superfan!

What do you think comes after the psychological tests?

Beastie
06-04-2010, 09:08 PM

Talk of Doom?

mardibum
06-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Talk of doom is before that, on the group task day on the secret location. So I've heard.

BB_Eye
06-04-2010, 09:16 PM

That's more or less the rule anyway. :joker:

Beastie
06-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Talk of doom is before that, on the group task day on the secret location. So I've heard.

Oh lol. Then maybe the psychology round is the last round? If you have passed it they probs do health checks after.. swap heir GP information and their bank account information and that then go into hiding. However once you are in hiding you are not always guaranteed a place in the house.. apparently about 50 go into hiding.. about 14 of them will go in on launch night and the rest are stand by's?

bbsuperfan
07-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Talk of doom is in group days in London mid March-early April. It's a talk where they tell you that BB won't change your life, for the better anyway, that you won't make any money from it and you won't be famous. They tell you what previous housemates are up to (most of the time exactly the same job they were doing before BB) and to consider the impact of BB on your family and friends as they're the people who deal with the fallout while you're in the house.
Psych evals are early April (also in London) - one psychiatrist and one psychologist.
Med forms and police vetting forms are requested in April.
All through April there's tonnes of phone calls (all password protected) - with you and usually your 'nominated' person - the one person you're allowed tell about your progress in BB auditions.
They'll require you to be a friend on facebook/twitter/bebo if you have any accounts with social media sites.
There comes a point towards the end when they change the password - this means you're really far.
'Day in the life' visits are end April/early May
You'll get a contract and printed talk of doom if you're going to hiding.
They'll request things from your childhood, photos videos etc.
They choose about 25-30 people to go to hiding. Some are sent mid-may, some can be sent anything up to only a day or two before the show kicks off.
Rehearsals in the house take place about two weeks before launch.
Sometimes the people they use as rehearsal housemates get in to the house, but only a few.
If you're in the process, the only time you know you'll be in is when you're asked to be (or not) when you're in hiding.
In hiding (west European countries) you'll have chaperones, won't have any communication with anyone and will do drawings, diaries, iq tests, that sort of thing.
If you haven't heard from them by now you're 99.9% out.

BBitterLemons
07-04-2010, 12:32 PM

Right now I'd imagine people are in the process of, or already have seen the psychs and are back to waiting like right after the nationals. If I took a guess from previous years exp, I'd say they're nearing the end of the psych evaluations. People won't hear anything for perhaps a few weeks or even a month now until all the potentials through to the next stage have been through the psych vetting, then it'll be a long post-psych follow up phone call. Thereafter depends on if you're successfully progressing or not.

BBitterLemons
07-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Oh lol. Then maybe the psychology round is the last round? If you have passed it they probs do health checks after.. swap heir GP information and their bank account information and that then go into hiding. However once you are in hiding you are not always guaranteed a place in the house.. apparently about 50 go into hiding.. about 14 of them will go in on launch night and the rest are stand by's?

No, there is more post psych evaluations. You won't have your med forms requested (which they have to pay quite high prices for) unless you're going into the rehearsal weeks OR into hiding but that is a good tell tale sign that you're far into the process. Only HM's and standby's go into hiding, so thats probably around 25, they don't send away 34 standby's. That said you could be in hiding and still don't know you're only a standby until you don't get into the house. They are that brutal.

BrooklynFan
07-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Now I understand why the housemates are so excited when they enter. They go through so much torture and mind games BEFORE theyre even put into the house, that it's such a relief to knwo that they've been put through. and doesnt those 2 weeks in total hiding play around with their minds more than their time in the house? they already start their experience missing their families and friends and normal life!

GypsyGoth
07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Talk of doom is in group days in London mid March-early April. It's a talk where they tell you that BB won't change your life, for the better anyway, that you won't make any money from it and you won't be famous. They tell you what previous housemates are up to (most of the time exactly the same job they were doing before BB) and to consider the impact of BB on your family and friends as they're the people who deal with the fallout while you're in the house.
Psych evals are early April (also in London) - one psychiatrist and one psychologist.
Med forms and police vetting forms are requested in April.
All through April there's tonnes of phone calls (all password protected) - with you and usually your 'nominated' person - the one person you're allowed tell about your progress in BB auditions.
They'll require you to be a friend on facebook/twitter/bebo if you have any accounts with social media sites.
There comes a point towards the end when they change the password - this means you're really far.
'Day in the life' visits are end April/early May
You'll get a contract and printed talk of doom if you're going to hiding.
They'll request things from your childhood, photos videos etc.
They choose about 25-30 people to go to hiding. Some are sent mid-may, some can be sent anything up to only a day or two before the show kicks off.
Rehearsals in the house take place about two weeks before launch.
Sometimes the people they use as rehearsal housemates get in to the house, but only a few.
If you're in the process, the only time you know you'll be in is when you're asked to be (or not) when you're in hiding.
In hiding (west European countries) you'll have chaperones, won't have any communication with anyone and will do drawings, diaries, iq tests, that sort of thing.
If you haven't heard from them by now you're 99.9% out.

Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Beastie
07-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Now I understand why the housemates are so excited when they enter. They go through so much torture and mind games BEFORE theyre even put into the house, that it's such a relief to knwo that they've been put through. and doesnt those 2 weeks in total hiding play around with their minds more than their time in the house? they already start their experience missing their families and friends and normal life!

Yeah probably the worst part going into hiding.. when you are so close to be going into the house!! Yeah Norin from bb10 said something like "I have done a lot to get here" then quickly did that launch night task when Rodrigo had to draw on her face. Aww it was one of the best epic weeks in bb10 but it sadly went down hill. The housemates are the most important thing..getting some consistent decent ones in!

I would love to go into hiding.. sounds so much fun. I don't really get home sick. I would love the idea of being away from friends, family and my boyfriend. Well that is my strength being away from people, would not bother me up to 3 months if you are going on an experience like BB. lol. Also would love to make friends if I went on BB. :) lol

Beastie
07-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info :thumbs:

This! Thankyou bbsuperfan for all the info :) and thanks to bitterlemons who has also given us some info!! :D

*mazedsalv**
07-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Okay this is kind of weird. Someone i know applied in the auditions as a joke, but i heard he got to like the third round. Now I havnt seen him for a few weeks and he even came late for a lunch with the family last week, didnt think much of it but he could actually still be in the running but isnt allowed to tell :shocked: He has been away a lot compared to normally.

Beastie
07-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Okay this is kind of weird. Someone i know applied in the auditions as a joke, but i heard he got to like the third round. Now I havnt seen him for a few weeks and he even came late for a lunch with the family last week, didnt think much of it but he could actually still be in the running but isnt allowed to tell :shocked: He has been away a lot compared to normally.

Your friend will be keeping it a secret Salv! Ooo if your friend gets on you should go on BBLB and support your friend :)

*mazedsalv**
07-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks very much. was really interesting hearing from someone getting really far. :D

I do know that my cousin got to like the last 50, Im sure he did go out into hiding, this was for BB5. Just imagine my cousin being involevd in that series, one of the most talked about!! Its things like that when you think who would he have got on with?? My guess would be the Jungle Cats he would be in that group.

*mazedsalv**
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Your friend will be keeping it a secret Salv! Ooo if your friend gets on you should go on BBLB and support your friend :)

See thats the thing, i dont want to say something just in case someone will find out. But i will say its a family member though. He's been away alot so maybe. And yeah i would defenitley go on there :D

WOMBAI
07-04-2010, 06:43 PM

Don't make me laugh - since when have most of the hms been what could be classed as stable! The producers want the nutters - not the more balanced, boring individuals - as some would see it!

BrooklynFan
07-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Since I have 2 kids, I can't imagine doing something like big brother and being away from them for even 2 weeks! I can totally understand how Saffia walked, I keep thinking of people like Nicola T and Ulrika who have real babies at home, it kills me to think how they can survive being away from their babies for so long. When my baby was 3 weeks old I was hospitalized for a week and didnt see him for a week, but at least I was able to hear htat he was okay, when we were reunited I cried for about half an hour. Cannot IMAGINE how a parent goes on big brother. Okay, Lea and Jayne had older kids (age 10 or older) so that's a little easier. but the ones that have small kids? It's torture.

keithafc
07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
What is the point of these tests?

The producers KNOW what they are looking for. Do you seriously think they will leave out a few wackos if they know it could produce quality TV. And hell, even look at some of the supposed sensible ones..

Charly, Dennis (Spit gate)..

Beastie
07-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Since I have 2 kids, I can't imagine doing something like big brother and being away from them for even 2 weeks! I can totally understand how Saffia walked, I keep thinking of people like Nicola T and Ulrika who have real babies at home, it kills me to think how they can survive being away from their babies for so long. When my baby was 3 weeks old I was hospitalized for a week and didnt see him for a week, but at least I was able to hear htat he was okay, when we were reunited I cried for about half an hour. Cannot IMAGINE how a parent goes on big brother. Okay, Lea and Jayne had older kids (age 10 or older) so that's a little easier. but the ones that have small kids? It's torture.

Ulrika and Nicola wanted to raise their profile and get more money... more than which they already have..

mardibum
08-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Tests are over.

Possiblehousemate
08-04-2010, 10:24 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

My test was intense ><

mardibum
08-04-2010, 10:27 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

My test was intense ><

Did you get to that stage?

Possiblehousemate
08-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Did you get to that stage?

Did i ******

If i did i wouldn't be typing this right now :joker:

mardibum
08-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Did i ******

If i did i wouldn't be typing this right now :joker:

Well they wouldnt know who you are anyway ...

Possiblehousemate
08-04-2010, 10:37 AM
No they wouldn't! :P

I won't get in anyway, i told too many people... and its too late :P

mardibum
08-04-2010, 10:39 AM
No they wouldn't! :P

I won't get in anyway, i told too many people... and its too late :P

Which stage did you get to?

Possiblehousemate
08-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I got to the diary room stage, But had just come back form a night out clubbing, and by the time i got to the diary room i was having to force enthusiasm when really what i wanted to do is curl up and die on the chair!

:)

Getting through looked quite promising too cause i was walked through all the ques and stuff. :S

mardibum
08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I got to the diary room stage, But had just come back form a night out clubbing, and by the time i got to the diary room i was having to force enthusiasm when really what i wanted to do is curl up and die on the chair!

:)

Getting through looked quite promising too cause i was walked through all the ques and stuff. :S

How comes you walked past everyone? Maybe you just shouldn't have been enthusiastic?

Possiblehousemate
08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
How comes you walked past everyone? Maybe you just shouldn't have been enthusiastic?

They sent the "runners" or whatever they are and picked me outta the cue to walk me past everyone which was a lil ego boost :P

and yeah maybe i should of been like.. You know what i have a hangover, I feel sh!t and i'm really not in the mood for talking to you! Shut up BIG BRO!!

Nah she was really nice i couldn't have been like that, she sounded like a mothering Big brother, and i act different with different voices. :spin:

mardibum
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
How do you think you stood out?

Possiblehousemate
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
How do you think you stood out?

I know i stood out like nobody else, tbh When i turned up i was dissapointed by how grey everybody was,

I was a splash of colour on the blank canvas that was the BB auditions :hugesmile:

mardibum
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I know i stood out like nobody else, tbh When i turned up i was dissapointed by how grey everybody was,

I was a splash of colour on the blank canvas that was the BB auditions :hugesmile:

I wore black.

Possiblehousemate
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I wore black.

LOL! You must have been a rainbow inside then!
and if you were rejected.. then is it any wonder :P

Nah black can be good! Depends on your silouette

mardibum
08-04-2010, 11:35 AM
LOL! You must have been a rainbow inside then!
and if you were rejected.. then is it any wonder :P

Nah black can be good! Depends on your silouette

I didn't say I was rejected.

Beastie
08-04-2010, 05:18 PM
mardibum could be going in!

I wore a bit of colour too ;) shame I got rejected at the 2nd round.

Ronaldinho10
08-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I got fast tracked from the original emails that were sent after having the telephone convo so got straight through round one got a wee red sticker instead of a hand stamp.

Then sailed through the other stages that day went back enjoyed my group discussion then really thought i did well in the diary room but obviously not which is really dissapointing as for some stupid reason i genuinly thought i had a chance of going through after my diary room expereince. It was my 2nd time getting to this stage and was much much more optimistic this year.

So basically im gutted that i didnt get through :( :( :(