PDA

View Full Version : 3d tv

Mrluvaluva
30-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Carrying on from Aristas' posts in another thread......So, with the launch of the first 3D channel on SKY this Saturday, who will be purchasing a 3D TV? They seem very expensive at present. A Phillips 42" is currently over £10,000. And then you need the glasses....

"The electrical manufacturer Samsung has released details of its 3D glasses for pre order on the online auction site Amazon.

With all the focus on Sky TV’s 3D channel launch early next month and the sale of 3D televisions apparently going through the roof in the US, it is the accessories that have been left on the side line.

Without these 3D glasses there is no 3D TV but with prices ranging from £100 and rising quickly up to around the £150 mark, it would seem that the humble 3D glasses could be a deciding factor in the take up of 3D TV.

Samsung has come up with several designs in the battery powered glasses range."

Expensive again, but how long will it be before prices start to come down?

I have not been impressed with 3D films/DVD's before personally. What do you think of 3D? Is it the next big thing, or just a flash in the pan?

SKY 3D starts on Saturday at 12.00, Channel 217.

arista
30-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Many Special Pubs are ready for the Saturday
3-D HD Match.

Sure Prices will come down and more will then sell.

I think 3-D is changing so much now
and Due to HD and 3-D
it is far better than ever before.

Shaun
30-03-2010, 05:54 PM
No.

The best cinematic experiences I've had have been in 2D, and I don't need to have any stalagmites sticking out at me any time soon.

arista
30-03-2010, 05:56 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61pMg-8b%2BRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This BluRay
andd Also in DVD in 3-D
is Fun.

And you can also watch it normal.

arista
30-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Also MrL

They are making a 3-D TV which does not need glasses
That will be Bliss.

Ch4 3-D week
was a con they did not have enough to fill a week,
so a Weekend would have done better.

Jessica.
30-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not bothered about 3D tbh :shrug:

Patrick
30-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Old News.
Heared about this ages ago.

I think its a **** idea, why the **** should people give in their perfectly good TVs for a stupid little 3D One what will only have some 3D Channels.

Mrluvaluva
30-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah I have "My Bloody Valentine" on 3D DVD Arista. It came with the glasses. I see you have to call up to get the new 3D channel activated, but it's not gonna work without a 3D TV though right?

And yes Patrick, 3DTV is old news, but it is the launch of the first channel this week, and now it is becoming reality. All SKY HD boxes are 3D ready I do believe.

Patrick
30-03-2010, 06:32 PM
And yes Patrick, 3DTV is old news, but it is the launch of the first channel this week, and now it is becoming reality. All SKY HD boxes are 3D ready I do believe.

Oh I see.

So My SKY HD Box will automatically be updated with a 3D Channel then?
Cool.

Its just a shame it needs a 3D Telly though :(

Seems like it will fail epicly IMO everyone these days has HD TVs, Big Screens and that, that they paid alot for.. I cant see them throwing it out for a 3D Telly... it does depend on how many channels are made 3D I suppose =/

\PJ/
30-03-2010, 06:38 PM
It will work but you will have to buy specail glasses to work with your TV.

Mrluvaluva
30-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Oh I see.

So My SKY HD Box will automatically be updated with a 3D Channel then?
Cool.

Its just a shame it needs a 3D Telly though :(

Seems like it will fail epicly IMO everyone these days has HD TVs, Big Screens and that, that they paid alot for.. I cant see them throwing it out for a 3D Telly... it does depend on how many channels are made 3D I suppose =/

Yes. It's channel 217. You have to ring up to get it activated, but it is free if you have the HD pack I believe. 3D TV sales have rocketed in America, and many more companies are following suit with the release of 3D models in the UK. The more that come on the market, the fiercer the competition will become.

Tom
30-03-2010, 07:02 PM
It'll take off like a paper plane in a storm

Patrick
30-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Yes. It's channel 217. You have to ring up to get it activated, but it is free if you have the HD pack I believe. 3D TV sales have rocketed in America, and many more companies are following suit with the release of 3D models in the UK. The more that come on the market, the fiercer the competition will become.

So we have to phone up?

And for the record, the reason the sales are so high in the US Is because they are all utter idiots and if they see somthing 3D they chuck somthing perfectly good into the 'trash can' to have the next big thing.

If anyone here is that stupid and does somthing like that for one channel, they should leave to America IMO.

WOMBAI
30-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Carrying on from Aristas' posts in another thread......So, with the launch of the first 3D channel on SKY this Saturday, who will be purchasing a 3D TV? They seem very expensive at present. A Phillips 42" is currently over £10,000. And then you need the glasses....

"The electrical manufacturer Samsung has released details of its 3D glasses for pre order on the online auction site Amazon.

With all the focus on Sky TV’s 3D channel launch early next month and the sale of 3D televisions apparently going through the roof in the US, it is the accessories that have been left on the side line.

Without these 3D glasses there is no 3D TV but with prices ranging from £100 and rising quickly up to around the £150 mark, it would seem that the humble 3D glasses could be a deciding factor in the take up of 3D TV.

Samsung has come up with several designs in the battery powered glasses range."

Expensive again, but how long will it be before prices start to come down?

I have not been impressed with 3D films/DVD's before personally. What do you think of 3D? Is it the next big thing, or just a flash in the pan?

SKY 3D starts on Saturday at 12.00, Channel 217.

What a waste of money - many other things I'd rather spend my money on!