PDA

View Full Version : Is this more pc crap or just one devious cat?

WOMBAI
09-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Ferocious Feline: Posties Scared Off By Cat Share Share Comments (1)11:55am UK, Friday April 09, 2010

Lulu Sinclair, Sky News Online

Postmen are boycotting deliveries to a house in Leeds because they are afraid of an old cat they say lies in wait ready to attack them.

Terrifying? The owner says this green-eyed moggy's not a meanie

The 19-year-old black and white cat, named Tiger, has ripped into three postmen over the past few weeks, according to Royal Mail.

And the posties say the cat is never caught napping when it comes to springing a trap.

He bides his time as the postie approaches and pounces as the delivery men walk up the garden path.

Royal Mail workers say they can take no more - but Tiger's owner Tracy Brayshaw, 43, has laughed off the idea of her cat attacking anyone as "ridiculous".

She is cross that she has to go down to the local post office to collect her mail and denies Tiger is a risk to health and safety.

Tiger's back end is going as well, he has no more spring in his hocks - so I can't see how he could have jumped at a postie. Our vet is amazed he is still alive.

Tracy Brayshaw, Tiger's owner
"If Tiger climbs up a tree, he is done in for the rest of the week. I find it really hard to believe," she told the Daily Mail.

"This is an old-age cat who gets dressed up as Santa each year - he wouldn't have the energy to attack postmen."

Mrs Brayshaw added: "I do think they have been a bit unfair, they have taken health and safety too far - we don't have a lion or a Rottweiler, this is a 19-year-old cat.

"We've had him since he was a kitten when he wandered in off the street. He has never done anything like what they say he has done before."

Mrs Bradshaw says she was told by Royal Mail that her cat had lacerated a postman's arm but, when she asked to see evidence of it, there were no pictures of the damage.

She plans to appeal the decision, pointing out that her cat is effectively on his last legs.

"Tiger's back end is going as well, he has no more spring in his hocks - so I can't see how he could have jumped at a postie. Our vet is amazed he is still alive."

A spokeswoman for Royal Mail said: "We are sorry for the inconvenience to Mrs Brayshaw and we want to resume delivery of mail to her address as quickly as possible.

"We're trying to agree a way to do this and avoid our employees suffering further nasty injuries, as has happened three times already."

Ha, ha - I find this hilarious - what woosy postmen we have!

Dr.Gonzo
09-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Buncha pussies :elephant:

sooty
11-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Poor postmen or what..:hugesmile:

Oh I love fat and old cats, honestly.
I wish I want to see the cat's photo.

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Just for you sooty:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8611776.stm

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Another story that might interest you sooty, if you like cats - has a nice happy ending!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8612006.stm

setanta
12-04-2010, 07:02 AM
In good health for a 19 year old cat. Still though, this is ridiculous stuff.

arista
12-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Some Cats can be like Tigers
so I would say this is True.

sooty
14-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Just for you sooty:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8611776.stm

Oh thank you, Wombai. I nearly missed it.

Tiger does not look like one I thought also he seemed to be very well behaved. It maybe because he was in the studio or long journey in the cage?
I still can't imagine he attacks postmen.

Who need rottweilers if we could have Tiger?:laugh2:

sooty
14-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Another story that might interest you sooty, if you like cats - has a nice happy ending!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8612006.stm

6 years! Wow.

I have lost one of my cat for 49 days in 1987.
Luckily he was found because he had a tag. But he came back with skinny and skin damaged like gangalin.
A very kind old lady found him and called us. After that he lived for good long years.

Now my two cats are microchipped.

WOMBAI
15-04-2010, 08:39 AM
6 years! Wow.

I have lost one of my cat for 49 days in 1987.
Luckily he was found because he had a tag. But he came back with skinny and skin damaged like gangalin.
A very kind old lady found him and called us. After that he lived for good long years.

Now my two cats are microchipped.

You must have been worried sick about him! Glad you got him back safe and sound! :thumbs: