PDA

View Full Version : Adults pretending to be children?

Zippy
12-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I read a report about how modern day pedos use internet forums to get close to kids and gain access to their lives. Apparently they adopt the persona of a child as a way of becoming friends with other children. Having gained their trust they then can start getting more personal...often with very alarming consequences. Some of which we read about in the news, sadly.

But apparently for some pedos just being close friends with children on these sites is enough to satisfy their vile cravings. They get comfort just from the closeness to a child. Albeit a fake relationship. Very interesting and scary.

So do any of you worry about the real identity of the younger members here? With its mix of schoolkidz and adults this would seem to be a good hunting ground for pedos with bad intentions. I definitely have my suspicions about some; their posts are inconsistent, very obvious sometimes. No names. Or do you just automatically accept that they are who they say? Maybe you don't even care?

Whichever, be very careful who you give personal details to.

MrGaryy
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Well all the people I regularly talk to are around my age, late teens/early twenties. I trust they're all legitimately the age they say they are and are using real names and what not.

Off the top of my head, there is one member who I find a little unnerving alright. But on the whole I think TiBB is pretty good when it comes to sinister stuff like that.

Tom4784
12-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I agree with Gary really.

I'd say to the younger members who are at risk to take more care though because you never know.

Niamh.
12-04-2010, 07:38 PM
oh I'm so curious as to who you have suspicians about!!!

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
This is old hat! Of course a site like this is bound to attract people like that - that is why some of the youngsters on here need to be more careful about the info they give out! Unfortunately some seem determined to believe that everyone is who they say they are!

Patrick
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Your just discovering that now?

I've been on the computer alot for about 3 years now, I've learned alot and know whos real and whos fake.

I would never give my number to anyone, go on cam to anymore etc if they didnt give me proof there real.

The only time I have gave my number out on the internet is when people I talk to around my age I know are real because of webcamming.

Patrick
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
This is old hat! Of course a site like this is bound to attract people like that - that is why some of the youngsters on here need to be more careful about the info they give out! Unfortunately some seem determined to believe that everyone is who they say they are!

Well its not as if people on here in their teens go about the forums saying 'call me bbz my number is ______' or 'I live in such and such my address is...'

I dont know why anyone on here would do that tbh.

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Well its not as if people on here in their teens go about the forums saying 'call me bbz my number is ______' or 'I live in such and such my address is...'

I dont know why anyone on here would do that tbh.

No - but some have given info about their school, nearby landmarks etc. It doesn't take much!

Shaun
12-04-2010, 07:47 PM
*has a feeling that LemonJam is a seventy-two year old transvestite from Doncaster with four previous convictions*

Zippy
12-04-2010, 07:48 PM
oh I'm so curious as to who you have suspicians about!!!

Well get me tipsy and I may spill. :wink:

But sometimes you see how hard theyre trying to come off really young and simple. But then you catch a post where you see them write a mature comment that somebody that alleged age wouldn't write; inconsistent with their other stuff. Just something that makes me go hmmm.

Some of these people have a psychological disorder and actually do believe they are suddenly a child again. They kinda get sucked into a fantasy world. Lots of crazies on the internet.

:wavey: to all the crazies.

Niamh.
12-04-2010, 07:50 PM

But sometimes you see how hard theyre trying to come off really young and simple. But then you catch a post where you see them write a mature comment that somebody that alleged age wouldn't write; inconsistent with their other stuff. Just something that makes me go hmmm.

Some of these people have a psychological disorder and actually do believe they are suddenly a child again. They kinda get sucked into a fantasy world. Lots of crazies on the internet.

lol, I have one suspician alright

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 07:51 PM

There was a poster not long ago (no names) whose posts were very inconsistent - sometimes wrote like a 10 year old, other times grammar was very good! I did actually point it out at the time to the poster - but got no response! But of course - I may have been wrong - it just seemed odd!

Twilight
12-04-2010, 07:51 PM
u2u plz i wanna know who your talking about

Patrick
12-04-2010, 08:00 PM
No - but some have given info about their school, nearby landmarks etc. It doesn't take much!

Havent heard anyone say anything about schools but whoever has then they were very stupid.

Landmarks may not be a problem though as there could be alot of houses near that landmark so it wouldnt be as if they know exactally were to find you.

Zippy
12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
This is old hat!

Your just discovering that now?

Yeah yeah Im well aware its not a new phenomenon. By modern day I meant as opposed to the olden days when they would hang around schools or playgrounds wearing a dirty mac....the good ole days!

I think its an interesting topic and good to remind younger members to be on guard. Easy to forget how manipulative some can be. Easy to be fooled by a good manipulator too.

Niamh.
12-04-2010, 08:05 PM
There was a poster not long ago (no names) whose posts were very inconsistent - sometimes wrote like a 10 year old, other times grammar was very good! I did actually point it out at the time to the poster - but got no response! But of course - I may have been wrong - it just seemed odd!

do they still post now?

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 08:07 PM
do they still post now?

I haven't seen them in the last few weeks!

Jack_
12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh there's without a doubt a couple of obvious paedophiles on here, and I've made my thoughts clear on one of them anyway.

A few people on here have seen me on webcam, and vice versa. So I trust them with personal information.

Until I see someone on webcam, I won't really trust them with personal information.

Zippy
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM

You scared them off! :hugesmile:

No names, please.

Save them for my next thread; Let's out the pedos! :joker:

Niamh.
12-04-2010, 08:10 PM

give us another clue, God I'm nosey!:shocked:

Niamh.
You scared them off! :hugesmile:

No names, please.

Save them for my next thread; Let's out the pedos! :joker:

ahahahahahahaha

setanta
I think everybody should be on their guard when it comes to the internet, no matter what their age or sex. That's the danger of anonymity really.

Shasown
12-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I think everybody should be on their guard when it comes to the internet, no matter what their age or sex. That's the danger of anonymity really.

Very true, you would be amazed what can be built up over a long period from just small seemingly insignificant pieces of information inadvertently dropped in conversation.

All it takes is for a groomer to sit and watch a forum with young members for a couple of months see what interests selected people they are interested in and then make an approach through one of their interests.

setanta
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Very true, you would be amazed what can be built up over a long period from just small seemingly insignificant pieces of information inadvertently dropped in conversation.

All it takes is for a groomer to sit and watch a forum with young members for a couple of months see what interests selected people they are interested in and then make an approach through one of their interests.

Yep, very true, and the doesn't just apply to young members either.

Shasown
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Yep, very true, and the doesn't just apply to young members either.

Ah its alright, i dont mind some gorgeous nubile female grooming me, so long as she pays for her round when she wants to meet and take advantage of me.

Stacey.
12-04-2010, 08:43 PM
yeah, i have my ideas on the people who are 'genuine' and 'ungenuine'.

bbfan1991
12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
yeah, i have my ideas on the people who are 'genuine' and 'ungenuine'.

Am I genuine or not?:):D.

Back to the OP yes people have to be careful of what they post in personal information and posting pics because anyone could be reading it or watching it, apart from those who you know you can trust of course;).

Stacey.
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Am I genuine or not?:):D.

yes :D [i hope so] :hugesmile:

setanta
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Ah its alright, i dont mind some gorgeous nubile female grooming me, so long as she pays for her round when she wants to meet and take advantage of me.

If by gorgeous you mean fat, nubile - old and female - man then go right ahead darling. hee hee. You never know what's out there.

bbfan1991
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
yes :D [i hope so] :hugesmile:

I am trust me:D.

Stacey.
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I am trust me:D.
aha, i do :)

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 08:51 PM
It is funny how you develop a mental picture of people in your mind - bet noone is anything like how you imagine!

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
aha, i do :)

Never trust anyone who says - trust me! :hugesmile:

Shasown
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
If by gorgeous you mean fat, nubile - old and female - man then go right ahead darling. hee hee. You never know what's out there.

Ah BUT I have a cunning plan, I underplay my good looks so at the meet when I suss out which one she is, if I no likee, she still wont realise that the Greek God like Adonis who she admired when he was leaving was in fact me!

So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel eh?

Stephanie
12-04-2010, 08:56 PM
i'm a 67 year old man pretending to be a 15 year old girl. yey.. woops.

Stacey.
12-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Never trust anyone who says - trust me! :hugesmile:

Lmao, i know what you mean - but i do believe bbfan :)

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 09:00 PM
i'm a 67 year old man pretending to be a 15 year old girl. yey.. woops.

You say that as though you don't really think that happens - it does!

Stephanie
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
You say that as though you don't really think that happens - it does!
i know, and i'm being serious.

Jack_
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
i know, and i'm being serious.

:laugh2:

setanta
12-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Ah BUT I have a cunning plan, I underplay my good looks so at the meet when I suss out which one she is, if I no likee, she still wont realise that the Greek God like Adonis who she admired when he was leaving was in fact me!

So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel eh?

It's only cunning if Mrs.Shasown doesn't use the same pc as you or check your txts. She'd batter ya!

Iceman
12-04-2010, 09:15 PM
well an easy way for people to show who they are is the signs thread.....(I know people say they dont like to have to show who they are but it disproves all the other people calling them out)

Zippy
12-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't believe anybody has to put their pics on the internet if they don't want to. I don't here but have done elsewhere...a more adult site. Dirty, filthy ones too. *blush*

But if enough suspicion is generated around a members identity then it can become the only solution to stop the nonsense. Just having one mod verify them is a good option. Its best not least for the accused as it allows them to post more freely without all the accusations and snipes. If they can handle it, fine. Shouldn't be compulsory.

Beastie
12-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I read a report about how modern day pedos use internet forums to get close to kids and gain access to their lives. Apparently they adopt the persona of a child as a way of becoming friends with other children. Having gained their trust they then can start getting more personal...often with very alarming consequences. Some of which we read about in the news, sadly.

But apparently for some pedos just being close friends with children on these sites is enough to satisfy their vile cravings. They get comfort just from the closeness to a child. Albeit a fake relationship. Very interesting and scary.

So do any of you worry about the real identity of the younger members here? With its mix of schoolkidz and adults this would seem to be a good hunting ground for pedos with bad intentions. I definitely have my suspicions about some; their posts are inconsistent, very obvious sometimes. No names. Or do you just automatically accept that they are who they say? Maybe you don't even care?

Whichever, be very careful who you give personal details to.

Yep your right. I think there is probably a pedo or 2 on here. Who knows.. I might even be one! JOKE! :joker:

Or.. you might be one Zippy?

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Yep your right. I think there is probably a pedo or 2 on here. Who knows.. I might even be one! JOKE! :joker:

Or.. you might be one Zippy?

He is the one impersonating Zippy from Geoffrey's toybox - childrens' programme! :hugesmile:

Beastie
12-04-2010, 10:24 PM
He is the one impersonating Zippy from Geoffrey's toybox - childrens' programme! :hugesmile:

lol also bbfan and Arista have not shown themselves!

Wombai who is the member you was supicious of? Please can you PM me their name?

WOMBAI
12-04-2010, 10:32 PM

Wombai who is the member you was supicious of? Please can you PM me their name?

I honestly can't remember their name - although would probably recognise it if I see it again! But, no offence, I wouldn't repeat any names - as it would just be susposition - not fact! I would hate to falsely accuse someone!

Zippy
12-04-2010, 10:33 PM
But I hate kidz! Bitches, please.

InOne
12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
50 m Pakistan.

Billy
14-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't really care :P
I'm never gonna see meet them, see them etc, so it won't affect me.
Now internet pedos are a different story.

Zippy
14-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't really care :P
I'm never gonna see meet them, see them etc, so it won't affect me.
Now internet pedos are a different story.

Good. You should never meet anybody unless youre 100% sure of their identity.

Mrluvaluva
14-04-2010, 08:01 PM

:nono: Arista is a terminator sent from the year 3000. Watch your words.

Raph
14-04-2010, 08:07 PM
ah what a true thread. it's really creepy tbh. There's two people I don't reallyy trust here, but I would never give away my number and stuff to them anyways! :$

InOne
14-04-2010, 09:09 PM
ah what a true thread. it's really creepy tbh. There's two people I don't reallyy trust here, but I would never give away my number and stuff to them anyways! :$

:shocked: PM me who!