PDA

View Full Version : Help??

2k9david2k10
15-04-2010, 09:54 PM
hi everyone iam applying for my very first passport iam 18 and i was woundering if you need to send off any id or documents with your form and will i have to attend one of them interview ??

Smithy
15-04-2010, 09:58 PM
If you go to the post office and ask for a passport application, it all explains it for you in it

Claymores
15-04-2010, 10:18 PM
IIRC for your 1st passport you'll need to get the back of your photo's signed by a 'designated person'. These can include professionals such as a qualified solicitor or your GP. That bit of the process can be a bit of a nuisance. You'll also have to send off the original of your birth certificate so I hope you/parents know where it is.

No interview.

EDIT - I was wrong to say definitely no interview as I see things have now changed in some circumstances. Take a look at the link I posted below for the full info! It's a good guide and should help answer all your questions

Ross
15-04-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm sure your parents or an older sibling/family member will help you much more than we could?

2k9david2k10
15-04-2010, 10:20 PM
IIRC for your 1st passport you'll need to get the back of your photo's signed by a 'designated person'. These can include professionals such as a qualified solicitor or your GP. That bit of the process can be a bit of a nuisance. You'll also have to send off the original of your birth certificate so I hope you/parents know where it is.

No interview.

aww cool thanks and i hope so to :D

Claymores
15-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Small warning - as well as the cost of the passport process (as mentioned above this is explained on the form), if you get your GP to vouch for the true likeness of your photos by signing, he/she will likely charge you an additional fee for doing so.

Shasown
15-04-2010, 11:02 PM
The designated person has to have personally known you for about 3-5 years I think, the birth certificate has to be a full birth certificate not an extract from the register of births, you can obtain one of those by applying online or through the local registrar(borths deaths and marriages), They only cost about 8 quid, if you pick up from the office.

Claymores
16-04-2010, 07:07 AM
This DirectGov page should answer all your questions OP:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applyingforyourfirstadultpassport/index.htm