PDA

View Full Version : Fashion...

Mrluvaluva
16-04-2010, 10:04 PM
...turn to the left...Fashion. Right. How do you define fashion? Do you follow the trend, or do you like to be individual? Are you buying check shirts? Do you have a favourite designer? What are your feelings on fashion? Beep beep.

LemonJam
16-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I love fashion. Prefer more conceptual stuff than ready to wear stuff but I wouldn't go to town wearing an original Vivienne Westwood. :p

Ninastar
16-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Fashion is amazing. I dont really follow a fashion. I just wear what I like as long as it suits me and doesnt look redicious. I do buy all my clothes from places like topshop, dorthy perkins, jane norman etc.

setanta
16-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Another form of enslavement. This is the only fashion I need.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPVTbDA8dSM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPVTbDA8dSM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mrluvaluva
16-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Another form of enslavement. This is the only fashion I need.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPVTbDA8dSM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPVTbDA8dSM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I thought I covered that in my post James. :hugesmile:

setanta
16-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I thought I covered that in my post James. :hugesmile:

Did ya? I just get a kneejerk reaction when I hear the word. lol. Fashion is bullsh%t, a sense of individual style is different.

Stacey.
16-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Im not well into fashion or anything really, just want to make sure dont look too stupid. :blush2:
i get inspirations from celebrities though :)

Shaun
16-04-2010, 10:19 PM
*was lured in by Bowie*

Mrluvaluva
16-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Fashion is bullsh%t, a sense of individual style is different.

Ahh, but that's my question. Is "fashion" running with the pack, or is it about individualism? Mass marketing or independent trading. Buying cheap, or paying more? Blah

setanta
16-04-2010, 10:21 PM
*was lured in by Bowie*

A form of entrapment. Works everytime. Now dance baby!

Mrluvaluva
16-04-2010, 10:21 PM
*was lured in by Bowie*

You get lured into most things by people in cheap clothes. :tongue:

setanta
16-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Ahh, but that's my question. Is "fashion" running with the pack, or is it about individualism? Mass marketing or independent trading. Buying cheap, or paying more? Blah

Fashion by definition is the prevailing style of the time, you know? I think of it the same way I do about mainstream radio: you're being force fed and indoctrinated into a certain way of thinking.

MrGaryy
16-04-2010, 10:29 PM
sums it all up.
SvE_TPBaPR8

Mrluvaluva
16-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Fashion by definition is the prevailing style of the time, you know? I think of it the same way I do about mainstream radio: you're being force fed and indoctrinated into a certain way of thinking.

I see what you're saying, but I think "style" has a whole different meaning. I agree though. Some people go round shops etc and see the recurring theme in them and think it's the "fashion must have". Like you say, "the mainstream". Buyers do it, and then push their views onto the market. And then normally the vast majority of the market buys it. Well that's my opinion.

setanta
16-04-2010, 10:34 PM
I see what you're saying, but I think "style" has a whole different meaning. I agree though. Some people go round shops etc and see the recurring theme in them and think it's the "fashion must have". Like you say, "the mainstream". Buyers do it, and then push their views onto the market. And then normally the vast majority of the market buys it. Well that's my opinion.

I equate it to a scene in one of Romero's zombie films, where the ghouls get into the shopping department and start grabbing clothes and the like. Not a huge fan of his flicks, but he does have a sense of humour.

Glenn.
16-04-2010, 10:41 PM
What does it mean if you buy check shirts? I have two:sad:

Zippy
16-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I equate it to a scene in one of Romero's zombie films, where the ghouls get into the shopping department and start grabbing clothes and the like. Not a huge fan of his flicks, but he does have a sense of humour.

Dawn of the dead. One of my fave films ever!

Fashion? Dunno, I do my own thing regardless. It's just trends really and I can't bare wearing what anybody else wears. I buy lots vintage stuff which is cheap and individual.

Princess
16-04-2010, 10:47 PM
I ADORE fashion. The thing for me is if I'm wearing nice,pretty clothes I feel better about myself. I like to follow trends but if a trend doesn't suit me or I don't like then I won't wear it. It's about finding clothes that are stylish and suit you and putting your own twist on it all.