PDA

View Full Version : How close are you to your family?

Ninastar
18-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I mean the family that you live/lived with.

I'm not actually that close to mine. I never hug or kiss them and I never say I love them. I don't know why really, I just never have been like that. I don't its me, its just how I've been raised. I don't talk to anything about sex or anything. I think its weird that people do, like on tibb there was this thread once about people asking their parent about when they lost their virginity. I have no idea how you can do it!

Is anyone else like I am? I feel like I 'm the only one who doesn't hug my family. :/

Ramsay
18-04-2010, 05:56 PM
i dont hug my family either heh
well sometimes my brother when im drunk
but not my parents
i never really tell them i love them either
and they never tell me
its just the way we are heh
but we get along grand like

King Gizzard
18-04-2010, 05:58 PM
i'm a mummys boy..i don't even care if my mates see me hugging her, shes a legend

don't see my dad much nor my brother, and only my sister occasionally

Jordan.
18-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Im the same i wouldnt just hug or kiss someone in my family :joker: i just find it weird... id still say im close to them though :)

pinkmichk
18-04-2010, 06:03 PM
my mum we go through stages but its normally rather strained
my dad i'm closer to def a daddies girl and after i nearly lost him in 2005 our bond just got stronger
sis is i guess like any sibling relationship we bicker like mad but would do anything for each other (same with step siblings too)
i have both a step mum and step dad get on great with step mum hardly even talk to step dad

Ninastar
18-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Im the same i wouldnt just hug or kiss someone in my family :joker: i just find it weird... id still say im close to them though :)

same here really

Stacey.
18-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Im not that close to them really.
i hardly ever kiss them or anything!
i havent kissed my dad in years, lmao.
i get on well with my mum, but not my dad at all tbh.
i dont talk to him like, ever...
because if we do it normally ends up in an argument!

Princess
18-04-2010, 06:06 PM
I always hug my mum,sometimes my dad,never my brother,last time I hugged my brother was at our uncle's funeral
We're close enough,like we'll talk,but not about really personal stuff.

Jordan.
18-04-2010, 06:07 PM
same here really

:shrug:, Maybe its a Yorkshire thing :D

Patrick
18-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I've growen far apart from mine.
Up until about last year I would talk to mine ALOT and we would get along great then I just started locking myself in my room and didnt want to speak to no one or would go out until late and not come back.

So I hardly speak to them at all now, its quite sad but im just use to not talking to them, its as if they dont excist to me and they are only downstairs.

Jack_
18-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I rarely kiss them, but hug them quite regularly, it like feels really comforting. I couldn't hug them in public though, I've never understood that either.

I couldn't chat to them about personal stuff though, it just feels weird.

Twilight
18-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty close with family, i hug them a lot, and tell them i love them, but still i could never talk about sex and stuff, it would be way to weird.

\PJ/
18-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Really close we talk to each other about anything and but i never kiss or hug them in public.

Ninastar
18-04-2010, 06:11 PM
:shrug:, Maybe its a Yorkshire thing :D

haha maybe! or a sov fan thing? :P x

Stacey.
18-04-2010, 06:16 PM
haha maybe! or a sov fan thing? :P x

:wavey:

'Conor
18-04-2010, 06:25 PM
when i was younger it was always my mam and dad i never left them always was with them & i hated being with my brother.

Now im going on 15 and i never tell my mam nd dad anything, dont go places with them and i get along with my brother alot more (hes 19)

Captain.Remy
18-04-2010, 06:30 PM
My parents always trusted me since I was a young boy because they both have demanding jobs, sometimes I didn't see them for a whole week so I had to take care of the house and of my little sister. I love that, they always showed me they believe in me.
I have two different relationships with parents: My mum is this outspoken Italian mamma who is constantly over you and takes care of you a lot but you get used to it. I can talk to her about anything except sex and private stuff because she's my mum. I go shopping with her, she's also very kind but when we fight (it's rare), it's the battle of the voices. Just the thought of losing her can make me cry.
It's different with my dad. He is this big Russian man who tends to scare people a bit but he's incredibly shy and sweet. He doesn't talk a lot but when he does, he always makes sense and he and I have our little moments together, we spend a few nights just the both of us, drinking vodka, watching sports and smoking a damn good cigar. I think it's important, I feel safe in these moments because he tends to travel a lot for his work.

With my sisters, well, it's "I hate to love you but I love to hate you". We are always cheeky and mean to each other but at the end of the day, they're the most precious women in my life and I couldn't lose them for anything in the world.

setanta
18-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Extremely close to my mother, brother and sister. I'd die for the feckers.

Lewis.
18-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Very close to my mum.. She's told me stuff she has never told anyone else before.. not even her husband.

30stone
18-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Dont often hug and kiss them

But very close talk about anything..
Even sex lol..

Ninastar
18-04-2010, 06:43 PM
My parents always trusted me since I was a young boy because they both have demanding jobs, sometimes I didn't see them for a whole week so I had to take care of the house and of my little sister. I love that, they always showed me they believe in me.
I have two different relationships with parents: My mum is this outspoken Italian mamma who is constantly over you and takes care of you a lot but you get used to it. I can talk to her about anything except sex and private stuff because she's my mum. I go shopping with her, she's also very kind but when we fight (it's rare), it's the battle of the voices. Just the thought of losing her can make me cry.
It's different with my dad. He is this big Russian man who tends to scare people a bit but he's incredibly shy and sweet. He doesn't talk a lot but when he does, he always makes sense and he and I have our little moments together, we spend a few nights just the both of us, drinking vodka, watching sports and smoking a damn good cigar. I think it's important, I feel safe in these moments because he tends to travel a lot for his work.

With my sisters, well, it's "I hate to love you but I love to hate you". We are always cheeky and mean to each other but at the end of the day, they're the most precious women in my life and I couldn't lose them for anything in the world.

thats made me want to cry :(

in a good way though x

Ninastar
18-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I am spoiler by my parents, and they treat me well and everything. I can see myself falling out with my mum soon though. She treats my dad quite horribly and I hate it.

Jessica.
18-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Same as you really, nobody talks about anything or hugs each other or anything in my family.

GypsyGoth
18-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm not really kissy-huggy close with my mom. And I'd never talk to her about sex!

Raph
18-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Really depends on the day. I argue a lot with my dad though. And my mum sorta stays outta my way, i guess. Sophie and Simon (my younger brother and sister) I get along with well though, but even with my parents, some days it's fine. :)

Harry!
18-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I never talk about sex to my perents.

I am quite close to my mum and I can trust her with most things (I have always been a mums boy).
I am not so close to my dad as I dont like him much.

I dont like my sister and we dont get along (Like most brothers and sisters are like)

MeMyselfAndI
18-04-2010, 07:58 PM
i hate my mum and never talk to her
i really like my dad :D.
i hug my dad dont kiss lol but dont do any with my mum lol

Callum
18-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I get on with both well. I'm not overly affectionate like hug and kiss them etc. but we do talk often just about general things. We go out quite a lot as a family too which is nice I think.

Patrick that is sad what you said about you thinking of them as just being downstairs. :sad:

Beastie
18-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Not close with my sisters at all. However one of them doesn't live at home anymore. The one who lives at home I still don't get along with, don't talk to her much.
Don't talk to my dad too much.. he can be very stubborn and a bit nasty at times but I just stay out the way when things get fiery. However if my car breaks down, he is always there for me and comes for me :) I do appreciate that!
My mum.. out of all my family probs closest to my mum but not that close. If we are both in the kitchen I do sometimes give her hugs and say "love you". I am quite a huggy person towards my mum but no one else in the family! Once every blue moon she pops up with discussion about sex.. I say "shutup" lol.

I am with Patrick a bit.. sometimes I stay in my room a lot.. or if me and my family want to watch different tv shows I stay in my room or stay in my room anyway because my family are loud and talk while watching tv :nono: lol

All in all I appreciate my mum and dad, they brought me to this world after all :) but I have just not really got on with my sisters.. I rather my sister buggers off on holiday rather than my mum and dad go on holiday and me left with my sister.. so much tension in the house when my sister is here..

Beastie
18-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I never talk about sex to my perents.

I am quite close to my mum and I can trust her with most things (I have always been a mums boy).
I am not so close to my dad as I dont like him much.

I dont like my sister and we dont get along (Like most brothers and sisters are like)

Is your sister older or younger?? aww I thought a brother/sister relationship is one of the best!! better than brothers with brothers or sisters with sisters?

Stephanie
18-04-2010, 08:28 PM
not close at all. i can't talk to my parents about anything, and i barely even speak to them.

havn't seen my brother in like a year either.

Beastie
18-04-2010, 08:34 PM
not close at all. i can't talk to my parents about anything, and i barely even speak to them.

havn't seen my brother in like a year either.

Aww pooch! How old is your bro?

Stacey.
18-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Aww pooch!

:laugh2:

Kerry
18-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Very close to the family I live with and quite close to extended family too

*mazedsalv**
18-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Very close. I always kiss all the members of my family on the cheek, as its the way we italians always have to do it. Our whole family (i have a huge family, because my mum has 6 sisters and 3 brothers, she's the youngest) is so close.

Watching Jersey Shore reminds me of my family (i know tehre not family, they are friends who are like family now), they fight etc... but wil always love each other.

Vicky.
18-04-2010, 10:04 PM
I always hug my little brother, well...he always hugs me, not that theres a difference.

I dont speak to/see my dad much but when I do I hug him too.

My mam, I dont see her much either, but when we speak on the phone i always say i love you.

My sister and me used to be close, like best friends but we arent speaking at the minute because she tried to stab my friend...long story...

InOne
18-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Nah not really close at all. We all pretty much lead secular lives in the house. Works pretty well really.

Ross
18-04-2010, 11:35 PM
My family isn't that bad. My Mum and me are on and off all the time. I get on with my Dad fine, he's always there for me. I'm closer to two of my four brothers really and I'm quite close to my sister. I've often said I'm the black sheep of the family though. Since I've moved out I've spoken to them all alot more lol.

rapunza1977
19-04-2010, 08:18 AM
mmmmmmmm my brother is a premiership foooty player so he has a different lifestyle - close to mom and pops though

Niamh.
19-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm very close to my 3 brothers and my mom but not at all to my dad, it makes me un comfortable if he tries to be affectionate because its not real.

Niamh.
19-04-2010, 09:59 AM
mmmmmmmm my brother is a premiership foooty player so he has a different lifestyle - close to mom and pops though

Really? Who is he? sorry don't answer that I'm so nosey!

InOne
19-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Really? Who is he? sorry don't answer that I'm so nosey!

No no, I want to know too. :tongue:

Niamh.
19-04-2010, 10:04 AM

hehehehehe

WOMBAI
19-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Nosy lot! :wink:

rapunza1977
19-04-2010, 11:31 AM
cccccccccc

Niamh.
19-04-2010, 11:35 AM
begins with C?

Raph
19-04-2010, 11:36 AM
ahh I wanna know as well, Rapunza! :thumbs:

Mystic Mock
19-04-2010, 12:39 PM
allright i dont ask about sex like ninastar said but i am very close to my parents:wavey:

LeatherTrumpet
19-04-2010, 01:11 PM
mrs LT is always hugging and kissing her family - LT does none of that nonsense

but i would say i am miles closer to my family, we are more like pals, mrs lt still has a parent-child relationship with hers. she still refers to them as mummy and daddy - grrrrrr

*mazedsalv**
19-04-2010, 01:23 PM
I wish I knew as well... but you probably dont want to say lol.

Mystic Mock
19-04-2010, 01:25 PM

who is he:joker:

Ninastar
28-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Wow, I just realized that I will send a kiss to anyone on msn, FB by text or anything, except to any of my family. I'd even send one to a random 50 year old from turkey before I would my family. :/

I am too weird :'(

InOne
28-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Emotional detachment can be a good thing.

GypsyGoth
28-04-2010, 05:26 PM
It probably means you were adopted Caitlin, I wouldn't worry :)

Ninastar
28-04-2010, 05:54 PM
It probably means you were adopted Caitlin, I wouldn't worry :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vkjcjt.jpg

GypsyGoth
28-04-2010, 06:31 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vkjcjt.jpg

:laugh:

Tom
28-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Close to my mum, brother and sister. My dad is an arse

But close to them in different ways and use them for different things. Close to my mum just in general, my brother I can speak to anything about even sex and stuff, he's just basically an older version of me and my sister I'm close to in a protective kind of way even though shes older than me, plus shes my female opinion for stuff gf related :p

Angus
29-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I mean the family that you live/lived with.

I'm not actually that close to mine. I never hug or kiss them and I never say I love them. I don't know why really, I just never have been like that. I don't its me, its just how I've been raised. I don't talk to anything about sex or anything. I think its weird that people do, like on tibb there was this thread once about people asking their parent about when they lost their virginity. I have no idea how you can do it!

Is anyone else like I am? I feel like I 'm the only one who doesn't hug my family. :/

I was brought up in a very undemonstrative family - we never hugged, kissed or said "I love you", but with my own children, I have always told them how much I love them, how proud I am of them, and how much they mean to me, but having said that I've always believed actions speak louder than words, and its what you DO for your family that shows true love. Anyone can say "I love you", but the way you behave towards someone is what really counts.

Ninastar
29-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I was brought up in a very undemonstrative family - we never hugged, kissed or said "I love you", but with my own children, I have always told them how much I love them, how proud I am of them, and how much they mean to me, but having said that I've always believed actions speak louder than words, and its what you DO for your family that shows true love. Anyone can say "I love you", but the way you behave towards someone is what really counts.

Yeah that's how I want to act with my kids. (if I ever have any) I have known for a bit that I will treat mine completely different to how my mum treats us. (Not like she abused us or anything, I just don't think shes brought us up in the best way)