PDA

View Full Version : The R E G U R G I T A T O R

LeatherTrumpet
26-04-2010, 01:57 PM
could he not have come up with something better?

Niamh.
26-04-2010, 02:15 PM
like? The Human Piggy Bank?

LeatherTrumpet
26-04-2010, 03:48 PM
like? The Human Piggy Bank?

come up with

Harry!
26-04-2010, 04:13 PM
His act was gross so it suits his name.

Niamh.
26-04-2010, 06:32 PM
come up with

haha now I get it, I'm so slow:blush:

Shasown
26-04-2010, 06:42 PM
He gets better, no doubt he is saving the trick with the live goldfish and some of his other more impressive feats for later appearances.

Niamh.
26-04-2010, 06:45 PM
He gets better, no doubt he is saving the trick with the live goldfish and some of his other more impressive feats for later appearances.

he's swapping the snooker ball for a bowling ball:shocked:

Shasown
26-04-2010, 08:03 PM
he's swapping the snooker ball for a bowling ball:shocked:

Think a lightbulb is the largest object. He used to swallow razor blades and a thread then bring them back all linked. He swallows the contents of a godfish bowl then a while later bring both fish back up still alive. His rubics cube trick is neat as well.

SammyAyee
30-04-2010, 09:18 AM
he also swallows sharper objects too, because ages ago he was at pub in fife and he was doing his act there and my dad was at the pub at the same time, i think he has photos somewhere i will try and post them on here.

Niamh.
30-04-2010, 10:06 AM
he also swallows sharper objects too, because ages ago he was at pub in fife and he was doing his act there and my dad was at the pub at the same time, i think he has photos somewhere i will try and post them on here.

Did I imagine a big scar on his stomach? The sharper object swallowing would explain that!

ElProximo
04-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Jokes aside I have a real complaint about this.

He is not an amateur act anymore. He has been doing this for many many years touring the UK, USA,
and,
has been appearing on talk shows, variety shows and really I have been watching him on television for nearly 20 years now.

Hey.. I think its funny stuff and his bits on Late Night with David Letterman are all-time television moment classics,
but,
Then he is not an amateur act for BGT. He is a long-standing professional act.

Kerry
05-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Yes he is a professional act.

But NO he is not swallowing blades, and sugar and bringing them up without so much as saliva on them. It's impossible.

Great act - granted. Like any magician. But he ain't swallowing stuff

ElProximo
05-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Yes he is a professional act.

Sorry but this is so well known it features on Letterman 'Classic Moments' and from 22 years ago.

oDEIYflt6IA

Again, I like the guy because he is a great childhood memory sneaking into the living room late at night to watch Letterman,
but,
How can this be an act on BGT.. what is he being 'discovered'? No. I'm sure he now wants to retire soon after decades touring the world as a professional act.

ElProximo
05-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Is there some trick to putting youtube vids in here or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwqk7qd4HCk

Shasown
05-05-2010, 03:45 PM
El proximo, go advanced when you post then click on the you tube icon, in between the two sets of brackets copy and paste only the u tube ref (all the letters and numbers after v=

So in that case it would be ]Hwqk7qd4HCk[

Hope that helps.

ElProximo
05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
El proximo, go advanced when you post then click on the you tube icon, in between the two sets of brackets copy and paste only the u tube ref (all the letters and numbers after v=

So in that case it would be ]Hwqk7qd4HCk[

Hope that helps.

Aha.. well done and there it is.
Thanks so much

Kerry
06-05-2010, 02:33 AM
People should have no professional background whatsoever to appear on BGT. I'm also not keen on those on BB or X-Factor etc who already have agents. But it's a tricky one

ElProximo
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM
People should have no professional background whatsoever to appear on BGT. I'm also not keen on those on BB or X-Factor etc who already have agents. But it's a tricky one

On the last 'Americas Got Talent' they were doing those sort of 'run-through clips' of people who were buzzed or passed.
They show a quick clip of what you suppose is a hapless amateur playing bagpipes. Buzzers going off and the judges groaning faces,
but,
low and behold it is a fairly well-known Canadian comedian 'Johnny Bagpipes' who is a regular on the club circuits and has appeared on television approx 500 times over the last 10 or 15 years.
Why is he down there on Americas Got Talent?
I suspect because he is not as well known in the USA and so he was good to fill up some time for them?

I totally agree that anyone with an 'Agent' ought to be an automatic disqualification from Big Brother.
I might accept that a singer or entertainment act has some limited degree of 'professional' experience,
but,
nothing annoys me more than a 'reality show' where the very core idea was putting 'regular everyday people' into a media spotlight.. ..only to find out nearly all of them are actors, models and were picked by which Agents made deals with what Ch.4 Agents to promote which models.
Ugh.

Kerry
06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
On the last 'Americas Got Talent' they were doing those sort of 'run-through clips' of people who were buzzed or passed.
They show a quick clip of what you suppose is a hapless amateur playing bagpipes. Buzzers going off and the judges groaning faces,
but,
low and behold it is a fairly well-known Canadian comedian 'Johnny Bagpipes' who is a regular on the club circuits and has appeared on television approx 500 times over the last 10 or 15 years.
Why is he down there on Americas Got Talent?
I suspect because he is not as well known in the USA and so he was good to fill up some time for them?

I totally agree that anyone with an 'Agent' ought to be an automatic disqualification from Big Brother.
I might accept that a singer or entertainment act has some limited degree of 'professional' experience,
but,
nothing annoys me more than a 'reality show' where the very core idea was putting 'regular everyday people' into a media spotlight.. ..only to find out nearly all of them are actors, models and were picked by which Agents made deals with what Ch.4 Agents to promote which models.
Ugh.

Exactly. Always comes out afterwards too. They never announce that such and such has been 'in the circuit' for X amount of years before these shows. No wonder so many people believe reality is no such thing anymore and feel cheated by them

Nicky.
07-05-2010, 09:04 PM

:O he was amazinggg! Saw him at the auditions xx

They cut his act, there is more to come (:

Kerry
07-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I think theres a max time for each act. Otherwise it looks unfair

That said it doesn't explain why theres usually a sob story and 10 minute focus on the last act each week....