PDA

View Full Version : The Chippendoubles!

MusicMan
09-05-2010, 04:27 PM
I love these!
When I went to the auditions with my music group we got to talk to them and they were really secretive and wouldn't say anything about what their act was about
We bugged them a lot but they woudn't crack lol :)
What a surprise it was though! :D

Harry!
09-05-2010, 04:30 PM
They were good and very funny!

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
omg you auditioned for bgt!???

ILoveTRW
09-05-2010, 05:28 PM
they were ok, but where do you go from there, the act is all about the surprise and we have seen all of them already

Tom4784
09-05-2010, 05:31 PM
They were sh*t, Their talent is looking like celebrities when you squint a bit... They'll get buzzed off in the semi finals I think.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
they probs wont make it to the semis

MusicMan
09-05-2010, 06:54 PM
omg you auditioned for bgt!???

Yeah, we didn't get anywhere unfortunately, we're a steelband :)
But we knew we weren't really gonna be what they were looking for, we just auditioned for the experience and to meet people that were gonna be on telly haha :)
We met the lady with the guitar-playing dog aswell, she went in just before us
We were peering through the gap in the door on the first round of auditions when she was in the producers room (we were standing outside ready to go in next)
She sat on the chair with her guitar in the middle of the room and the dog went and sat at the producer's feet! :tongue:
She was a klutz :joker:

Joe.
09-05-2010, 08:25 PM
they were ok, but where do you go from there, the act is all about the surprise and we have seen all of them already

Exactly. I was saying exactly this saturday night. The whole point of the act was you didn't know who was gonna come out next, tbh they can't really go anywhere now. It'd be good if they got some new lookalikes, maybe a new lookalike for each performance, I'd love a girl one, maybe posh (haha chanelle!) or Britney spears.

That's it, I know it, the Chippendoubles shhould bring out chanelle from bb8 as posh and she should kiss the david beckham lookalike and get some kids to come out- they'd win it.

MusicMan
09-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Exactly. I was saying exactly this saturday night. The whole point of the act was you didn't know who was gonna come out next, tbh they can't really go anywhere now. It'd be good if they got some new lookalikes, maybe a new lookalike for each performance, I'd love a girl one, maybe posh (haha chanelle!) or Britney spears.

That's it, I know it, the Chippendoubles shhould bring out chanelle from bb8 as posh and she should kiss the david beckham lookalike and get some kids to come out- they'd win it.

Hahaha I chuckled :joker:

Genius :)

Kerry
09-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I loved them. Laughed all the way through. They'll struggle to come up with something new now though

ElProximo
10-05-2010, 02:46 AM
You have to think they all work for one of those Agencies that rents out Impersonators. I would well imagine the Beckham guy has actually worked for the real one.
but,
It was not just a group of friends or even a group of dancers who did this. It was a talent agency.

Nothing wrong with that either!

It was clever and fun. I'm sure someone said they wished they could get their guys on BGT.
Probably a few WERE trying to think of dance acts or something.
Someone creative said "Hey.. wait.. what if ALL of them went as an Impersonator Dance Act!'.
The clever thing was 'Chippendruids' or whatever the name. It DID throw off everything and DID make you think another 'strip act' was coming.

So yeah.. fun clever stuff!

Of course.. I really don't know what they do from here?
Feels like a one-time surprise.

ElProximo
10-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Hehe.. I just noticed it was 'Chippen-Doubles' which in retrospect does give a 'hint' although still was clever enough that nobody caught on.
Fun stuff!

mizzy25
10-05-2010, 11:16 AM
i loved them but i too cant c where they will go now unless they have new doubles.

WOMBAI
10-05-2010, 03:49 PM
They had a certain novelty value - but have nothing to offer as a regular act!

Kerry
10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Turns out is was the Beckham look-a-like that put the act together.

edge_
13-05-2010, 11:58 PM
my favs