PDA

View Full Version : Which Celebrity Big Brother 7 Features Should or Should Not return for BB11?

Patrick
12-05-2010, 08:59 PM
So CBB7 was a massive turn around for Big Brother, I mean BB10 got horrible ratings and then CBB7 brought in over 6 Million on launch night.

I mean thats great, and it maintained good ratings for the 3 weeks it was on.

Hard to belive it was 5 months ago, isnt it?

It had alot of new stuff in it though, let me remind you of the things I can remember that were new:

The Tree of Tempation
The Clown Alarms
The Montage Editing
The Eye Ball Entrance
HMs could hear crowd for the first time in ages
Eye was not designed by Daniel Eatock
When Housemates Entered and Left the BB House, Music played.

Now my question is, which of those features would you like to return and NOT return for BB11? Give reasons.

I think alot of CBB7 features will be in BB11, I mean C4 in a way will kiss CBB's Arse, and because it got better reviews than BB10 they will probably make BB11 alot like CBB7.

Heres my list and reasons.

Return
-------

The Tree of Tempation.

We all loved the tree, and he really was a legend tbh it would be a shame if he didnt come back.. he needs to give the housemates alot more funny tasks.

The Editing

I dont know about this one, I mean it was amazing and a change at the time and brought a new style to the show, and they even played music in this too, I remember the montages during 'The Diary Room Cake' incident and Sov and Jonas in the task room, so maybe they could make more funny montages for BB11.
It really made the show seem cool and diffrent.

Celebrities could hear the crowd

This needs to return, I mean when was the last time the housemates could hear the crowd?
BB7?
It just adds a great atmosphere, and it makes the viewers twice as nervous as the HMs when the crowd are chanting too.
Its great though and especially when they get booed.

I mean heres 2 Examples of why this rocked:

1. In CBB7 Vinnie got booed and the entire house were shocked, including the hardcore Vinnie Jones fans, everyone had turned on him.

2. In BB5 when Victor was up for eviction with 5 other people, and he got heavy, heavy boos (But survived) it was priceless.
Even though his mate Ahmed was being evicted all Victor could say was..

'Did I just get ****ing Booed, Man!' and Daniel said 'Indeed you did darling' LOL

Needs to **** and not return

1. Clown Alarms

Very cool and funny at the time, however the funniness soon wore off.
I hope we dont see them or anything like them again.

2. Non Daniel Eatock Eye

I've said this 100 times on here, Daniel is the king of all eyes and the CBB eye was horrible without him desiging it.
Its only right Daniel Eatock designs BB11s Eye.

3. Music being played during launch and final.

In the CBB7 Launch when they entered, Music Blasted all over the place.
That was okay, I mean it did get the atmosphere going but playing it when they left the house was horrible.

I mean I love hearing the audience.

Jonas got the most cheers on Finale Night and we couldnt hear it because of some ****ing rave tune.

Vinnie was getting booed and we couldnt hear it because of some song.

The music has got to go.

4. The Eye Ball Entrance

Was a good change, but I say go back to getting out of a Car and then walking into the house.
Infact, bring back the BB9 Van.

So thats my list.

Share your thoughts.

Jordan.
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Return!

The Tree of Tempation

Should definetly return in some sort of form, Jonas killed it in CBB because he told them about it so they knew if someone had a task. BB needs to make it clear if they are not going to do the task they cannot reveal it to the others or they will all be punished

The Montage Editing

I thought this was great, id like to see them do it in BB11 as long as it isnt too edited. Maybe just for tasks.

Yes Yes Yes :') Brings back the memories of BB7 *Get Grace out / Get Aisleyne out*

Shouldnt Return

The Eye Ball Entrance

Worked for CBB would fail for BB, Agreed about bringing back the Van.

The Clown Alarms

Was funny at first and then got annoying, i dont see a reason why they would return.

Was good they tried something new but pretty pointless and very ugly. The Eatock eye has become symbolic for BB and it would be a shame if they didnt finish it with one of his designs.

Hated this totally killed out the crowd, one of the worse things they did.

sharkey
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I loved the eyeball entrance. Maybe bring it bac in a different form. I don't think the cars should come bac.

o8kawasaki89
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
The Tree of Tempation, But Have More Sinister Request!

Nicklol123
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
The Tree of Tempation
Was good, but was only good for 3 weeks won't be for 13 I reckon.

The Clown Alarms
No, just no. I just love listening to random alarms. The drilling, the futuristic sounds etc etc

The Montage Editing
I don't get??

The Eye Ball Entrance
No, obviously it fit in with the CBB7 theme, so there's no need for it to return this series.

Yes, I love it, I love watching the reactions from housemates if they're liked or not liked.

Not bothered.

Didn't like the music but I loved the camera angles.

sharkey
12-05-2010, 09:46 PM
And the music was immense wen they went in but I agree shouldn't of been used wen they were coming out

Patrick
12-05-2010, 09:51 PM
And the music was immense wen they went in but I agree shouldn't of been used wen they were coming out

This.

I think Basshunter's All I ever wanted played when he went in, I remember not thinking Jonas would go in and the minute he came out and that came on it was just epic but it was killed when he was leaving and they ruined it.

-=-Razor-=-
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Return

The Tree of Tempation
I really liked the idea it just needs to be more secret, and not have people like Jonas saying what has happened ¬__¬. Maybe something like in BB6 i think they had a secret screen in the bathroom =D

The Montage Editing
This was a nice change and made the tasks more interesting, just don't do this on the week long tasks.

The Eye Ball Entrance
This was my favourite bit, with the dramatic music and all. Just make it fit the theme.

YES!! Makes it more interesting and gets the housemates paranoid =]

Kinda cheesy but was cool 8D

Shouldn't Return

The Clown Alarms
Was ok but nothing special

I was suprisingly shocked at how much i liked the human eye but, as a graphics designer 8D, Eatocks eyes just give more of a professional look and it is a tradition.

rk3388
12-05-2010, 10:26 PM
i think i have different opinions then everyone else XD

Return
The montage editing- It can make boring parts more interesting and would be even better if they added music in the background( just beats, not acual songs)

The Clown alarms-Not everyday i think they could use these for tasks. for example, they could have used the clown alarm for bb10s circus task

new eye- i liked how the eye was completely different and for the first time in a while matched the theme,adverts AND house well.

music playing- helped in entrances but not in exits, it should play but just the right volume

Not return

The tree of temptation- imo, not as clever as everyone makes it to be, i rather big brother just give the tasks or random things in the yard so people wouldnt expect it

hearing the crowd- i like it more when people dont realise who is liked/disliked in the house so they can be themselves and not be friends with people on purpose

rk3388
12-05-2010, 10:27 PM
and also the entrance for not return , but i think they should change the entrance( if the theme is acually illusions then they could walk up a spiral staircase?)

*mazedsalv**
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Return:

The Tree of Temptation, or in any other form, but it needs to be there.
The entrance they made, dont let it go back to the regular get out of the black taxi's thing.
The Editing, was brilliant how they edited bits with music over the top of it which was relevant.
Housemates hearing the crowd noise.... people are very marmite on this, i personally love it, as it adds more atmoshere to the show and the housemates worries.
The recap of the week at the start of the eviction show.

NOT Return:

The music when they leave as they cant hear the cheers/boos over the music.
The human eye... it was really good BUT for the last series i reckon we should have the Eatock eye graphics.

Matt
12-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Should return
The editing - anything that enables us to see all of the nominations is a fantastic idea, but task editing should be used perhaps a tad more sparingly

The Tree of Temptation - but in a different form and adapted to make it work of 13 weeks

New eye - as good as Eatock's eyes were, a return to the old template would be a step backwards

Shouldn't return
The eye door - I absolutely loved it, but it's the sort of thing that better fitted a celebrity series

Hearing the crowd - The housemates should have no contact with the outside world, and they absolutely shouldn't know public opinion

Music playing - I'm not terribly keen on it

The clown alarms - good but for one series only

MusicMan
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Hmm I'd have to agree with Patrick's choices, for similar reasons
Except I hope they only do the montages where it's needed and not just to cut things down :)

Jordan.
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
The recap of the week at the start of the eviction show.

I forgot about this, i hope it does return :)

Glenn.
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
The Tree of Tempation

This definately needs to return, although not in the guise of a tree. Something different like a Gnome or something. If rumours are to be believed by a poster a few weeks ago it will be a fountain. The Fountain of Temptation, has a ring to to don't you think?
And I think if they do consider reviving it, then it should give the housemates some twisted tasks to do.

The Clown Alarms

No. Simple as. Have an alarm yes but not the clowns. They were pointless.

The Montage Editing

I think this was a fresh new way for the highlights show. And it should return.

The Eye Ball Entrance

No. The eye ball entrance was appropiate because of the logo. But hopefully won't be needed this year, if its an Eatock design.

Absolutley not. No contact with the outside world whatsoever, even if it is just the crowd. I prefer the audio they play through the house on eviction night.

I would kill myself. Simple. It definately needs to be an Eatock design for the last series. Whats the point of changing something thats been the smae for 9yrs?

No. It was annoying! I like to hear the crowds initial reaction to the housemate that has been evicted.

iRyan
12-05-2010, 11:28 PM
The only thing I HATED was that they played the Best Bits BEFORE the interview and the housemate didn't even get to see them! What the hell was the point of that?

Glenn.
12-05-2010, 11:32 PM
I think a good way for the Form whatever of Temptation to come back discretely would be for the object to be in a toilet in the garden. Its most likely to be one housemate using it, they can carry on with whatever without raising suspicion.
Let me know if you made sense out of that:conf:

ElProximo
12-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Celebrities could hear the crowd

This needs to return, I mean when was the last time the housemates could hear the crowd?
BB7?
It just adds a great atmosphere, and it makes the viewers twice as nervous as the HMs when the crowd are chanting too.
Its great though and especially when they get booed.

You got it!
I sincerely hope some BB people noticed this too. They might be surprised what a huge difference and improvement this will make IF they let it happen for BB11.

They MAY block it from HMs up until a certain time... maybe even till they sit down.
Then open the doors and let them hear the roars as the eviction is read out loud.