PDA

View Full Version : BB to get some live air time back for last Series

Mrluvaluva
16-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Big Brother is going back live in a big way for the final series launching next month.

Bosses at Channel 4 have backed down after the storm of protest from diehard fans when the 24-hour feed was axed.

It is understood they are close to signing a deal to reinstate the popular live streaming that caught housemates with their pants down…sometimes literally.

Under the new plan, there could be up to three hours of live action on E4 in the afternoons, then more in the evenings and into the early hours.

Jason Dashwood, who runs bigbrotheronline.co.uk, said: “The thing we’d all like to have back is the ‘red button’ facility which allowed us feed 24 hours a day.

“I doubt we will get that but, if they start the live streaming earlier in the evening, it would give us better footage to watch than at midnight, when the housemates were in bed most of the time.”

Fans were left fuming last year when Channel 4 chiefs said it was “too costly’’ to keep the live streaming and that it never drew big ratings on digital channel E4.

Devotees mounted a campaign urging people to boycott the show in protest.

They claimed that, without the live streaming, the series – won by model Sophie Reade – could be edited any way show bosses wanted.

And they argued that controversial events such as the infamous “Fight Night”, involving Victor Ebuwa and Emma Greenwood in 2004, could be censored.

There were just seven hours of streaming from the spy-eye house last year. And this began at around midnight when most of the wannabes were asleep.

During Celebrity Big Brother in January, fans could access two hours of streaming from the house in the afternoon and then nine hours overnight.

Channel 4 also had its own Twitter giving up-to-the-minute news on what was happening in the house.

And it uploaded dozens of clips of housemate action on its official website throughout the day.

Daily Star (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/135471/Big-Brother-to-get-live-air-time-back-for-last-series-/)

Patrick
16-05-2010, 12:37 PM
OMG Yay!

So we will either get Red Button back or more LF during the day?

We won!!

DigitalSid
16-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Not good enough C4, not good enough at all. Basically the same as CBB with an hour or two extra in the day and maybe an hour earlier start at night. If the show ever does get picked up again Endemol and that's a big if at the minute, you MUST insist on 24 hour live feed in your contract. Why you didn't last time is beyond me, it's what makes BB different. Otherwise it's just a cheap X Factor or Apprentice where instead of leaving the house for the stage or the boardroom, they just stay in.

Patrick
16-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah but they havent actually signed the contract yet right?

So theres still a chance they will consider more hours or 24 hour.

Stacey.
16-05-2010, 12:47 PM
:D that's good news.

DigitalSid
16-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah but they havent actually signed the contract yet right?

So theres still a chance they will consider more hours or 24 hour.

No, they signed it in 2006 towards the end of BB7.

Anyway, they're not even promising more daytime streaming they're saying we'll have up-to 3 hours, i.e. like during CBB6 we'll get 3 hours on the weekend and 90 minutes if we're lucky on weekdays.

DigitalSid
16-05-2010, 12:49 PM
:D that's good news.

You see it's positive attitudes like this to being thrown scraps and treated like dirt for having supported the ailing brand that have kept the live feed off air, if your greatful for what you get they don't feel pressured to up it :rolleyes:.

ILoveTRW
16-05-2010, 12:51 PM
two words, Daily Star

DigitalSid
16-05-2010, 12:51 PM
The title of this topic should read "Channel 4 add extra hour or two a day streaming to stop the easily pleased from moaning"

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
16-05-2010, 12:53 PM
You see it's positive attitudes like this to being thrown scraps and treated like dirt for having supported the ailing brand that have kept the live feed off air, if your greatful for what you get they don't feel pressured to up it :rolleyes:.

yeah we need to be like **** you C4!

Jack_
16-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Not good enough, I was expecting the Red Button feed to be back.

DigitalSid
16-05-2010, 12:55 PM
What they're essentially doing is giving us 50-55 minutes extra at times no bugger watches it like with CBB.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
16-05-2010, 12:58 PM
nobody is going to watch it whatever time they put it on

Jordan.
16-05-2010, 02:08 PM
At least its better then nothing...

BBDodge
16-05-2010, 03:42 PM
The red button isn't necessary (when BB launched there was no red button and no E4 but there was loads of live feed online).

serensilver
16-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey thats good news, but it needs to be on from like 7pm til late as by putting it on like they have done in the past at like midnight people like me who need to get up at 6:30am for work or teenagers going to school can watch a tiny bit if we haven't already fallen asleep lol!

Would be cool if its on in the evening at 7pm ish then goes off at maybe 2/3am when the housemates are sleeping?

bbfan1991
16-05-2010, 04:51 PM
At least its better then nothing...

Indeed although I agree it's not good enough but was obvious they would not bring back the Live Feed properly anyway:(:mad:.. C4 have wrecked the show and just want to see the back of it.

Billy
16-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Not good enough C4, not good enough at all. Basically the same as CBB with an hour or two extra in the day and maybe an hour earlier start at night. If the show ever does get picked up again Endemol and that's a big if at the minute, you MUST insist on 24 hour live feed in your contract. Why you didn't last time is beyond me, it's what makes BB different. Otherwise it's just a cheap X Factor or Apprentice where instead of leaving the house for the stage or the boardroom, they just stay in.

Oh my god stop complaining. C4 couldn't justify keeping it because nobody watches it, simple as. You should be grateful that they're even giving you anything during the day.

arista
16-05-2010, 05:10 PM
"Under the new plan, there could be up to three hours of live action on E4 in the afternoons, then more in the evenings and into the early hours. "

Thats Not New.

24/7 live feed
I would pay £15 a week for that.

With the Ash Cloud going to get Worse in this summer
give us 24/7 Live Feed
even if they Charge - Millions would pay it.

arista
16-05-2010, 05:13 PM
nobody is going to watch it whatever time they put it on

Rubbish

Events in it can get on World News
it can be Bigger than Ever.

Beastie
16-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I remember the days when there was 24 7 live feed and you could click on which room you wanted to view the footage!!! Anyway yeah it was stupid scrapping the live feed last year.. plus BB can still edit it.. well they have to like 10 minutes beforehand to cut out the swearing and family talk and shizz. Doubt they will bring 24 7 live feed back.. Suppose if there is a bit of it.. like Jordan said.. better than nothing..

biggestbrother
17-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I hope thats true and we're gonna get live feed! :D

Patrick
17-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Not good enough, I was expecting the Red Button feed to be back.

So was I :(

This is why I cant wait for BB to finally be free of those ***** at C4.
It needs a channel that will treat it right, Five are desperate and they dont have much to show anyway do they?

I mean what do they have? A Few repeats of Total Wipeout if im correct, and the complete Scream Triology ever 4 weeks.

Live Feed would return if BB goes to Five.

Patrick
17-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I remember the days when there was 24 7 live feed and you could click on which room you wanted to view the footage!!!

Yeah!

This needs brought back, I mean its taking up no precious Friends air time on E4, is it?

It would be so simple..

Channel4.com > Big Brother > Live Feed > Choose your Room.

Thats it.

You could leave it open in a window all day.

shelly34
17-05-2010, 11:31 AM
i dont think that they will give us much at all i used to like watchin when they would get the tasks to do.
all you got last year was them sleeping i dont think i will bother this year.

Beastie
17-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I used to watch them sleep..... :laugh:

ButterflyGirl
17-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Last years live feed at night was terrible sometimes it would'nt come on till at least 1am by then they would all be in bed. :(