PDA

View Full Version : The 'Carousel Theme' Finally Revealed...

ElProximo
16-05-2010, 12:52 PM
First it was the ominous warnings of sinister merry-go-rounds and HMs 'spinning out of the house', funeral themes and 'unexpected Carousels'...

"BB bosses have installed a merry-go-round in the garden….but no doubt they will find a way to use it for sinister purposes at some point during the summer."

“As always with Big Brother, expect the unexpected. A ride on that merry-go-round might not be all it seems.
“The housemates could find themselves spinning out of the house.”

Then considering rumours of 'Renewal' on other channels?
How about the rumour that all HMs will 'coincidentally' be celebrating a 30th birthday sometime this Summer?

Behold - The Carousel Theme revealed!

xSnLU9nyFSA

..oh and yes, you're welcome!

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
16-05-2010, 12:54 PM
im confused

JohnnyBB
16-05-2010, 01:04 PM
your reading to much into it. its only going to host an outside dining table.

ElProximo
16-05-2010, 01:06 PM
im confused

see.. carousel. 'sinister use'. HM finding themselves 'spinning out of the house' yeah?
the voice of Marcus Bentley being replaced with the voice of Michael York?
Can't you see what is happening here???

*well I need to tell you I'm on a lot of pain medications so its possible this makes perfect sense to me while being a little confusing to others.

Glenn.
16-05-2010, 01:32 PM

How do you know?

ElProximo
16-05-2010, 01:59 PM

Holy **** that made me laugh :hugesmile:

Now here is the thing with your seemingly innocent 'outside dining room table - notice the horse?
The horse on the dining room table?
Think about that!

Shasown
16-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Holy **** that made me laugh :hugesmile:

Now here is the thing with your seemingly innocent 'outside dining room table - notice the horse?
The horse on the dining room table?
Think about that!

Horse what horse? its the meds you are on

ElProximo
16-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Horse what horse? its the meds you are on

No no.. he was hinting at the outdoor dining room table and I was adding the horse (as in carousel horse).
"The horse on the dining room table" is an expression for.... (google it)

Very clever big brother!!

Glenn.
16-05-2010, 03:38 PM
We don't even know if there is going to be a carousel theme?

Shasown
16-05-2010, 03:41 PM
No no.. he was hinting at the outdoor dining room table and I was adding the horse (as in carousel horse).

Hmmmmm nope. go on then whats it an expression for? Its not really used in the UK, so I dont think BBUK would pick some really archaic foreign phrase for a theme etc.

Anyways I tried googling it and got a load of pap, thats a term(purely anglo saxon) for what comes out of a horses rear end regardless of its location.

Beastie
16-05-2010, 05:40 PM
First it was the ominous warnings of sinister merry-go-rounds and HMs 'spinning out of the house', funeral themes and 'unexpected Carousels'...

"BB bosses have installed a merry-go-round in the garden….but no doubt they will find a way to use it for sinister purposes at some point during the summer."

“As always with Big Brother, expect the unexpected. A ride on that merry-go-round might not be all it seems.
“The housemates could find themselves spinning out of the house.”

Then considering rumours of 'Renewal' on other channels?
How about the rumour that all HMs will 'coincidentally' be celebrating a 30th birthday sometime this Summer?

Behold - The Carousel Theme revealed!

xSnLU9nyFSA

..oh and yes, you're welcome!

Celebrating a 30th Birthday? Now I am confused.

Shasown
16-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Celebrating a 30th Birthday? Now I am confused.

In the movie and subsequent TV series "Logans Run" the population were killed at the age of 30,(slightly different from the original novel by William F Nolan in that was at the age of 21) unless they ran from the utopian society and sought sanctuary outide of the domed cities in which they lived.

Logan was a Sandman a sort of enforcer to hunt down those who ran from, he falls in love with Jessica 6 who is nearing her Last Day. Together they leg it.

AndrewLee***
16-05-2010, 06:36 PM
wtffffffffffffffffffff...??

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
16-05-2010, 06:38 PM
is ElProximo high?

Glenn.
16-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Personally I think everyone is looking too much into this Carousel Theme. This speculation has come from something the Daily Star has printed, and unless its proved correct by an official source then I wouldn't believe it, after all, its the Daily Star people.
Its just a canopy.

Shasown
16-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Personally I think everyone is looking too much into this Carousel Theme. This speculation has come from something the Daily Star has printed, and unless its proved correct by an official source then I wouldn't believe it, after all, its the Daily Star people.
Its just a canopy.

Yep thats about the sum total of it for the moment.

crossieKIDD
16-05-2010, 08:47 PM
WTF is that video :S:S:S

Jordan.
16-05-2010, 08:49 PM
im confused

DigitalSid
16-05-2010, 11:10 PM
It's not a fecking carousel.

ElProximo
17-05-2010, 08:36 AM
is ElProximo high?

Maybe but that doesn't mean we are on the wrong track here.

Besides.. would this REALLY be that much more wild and crazy than any number of bizarre and obscure and weird BB themes?

Also.. nobody here remembers Logans Run? It was a sort of futuristic 'Big Brother' sci-fi world.
Nobody?

Everyone should agree - if BB DOESN'T do the Carousel Renewal theme then they will see this topic and WISH they had.
Its that good!

biggestbrother
17-05-2010, 11:05 AM
It just looks like decoration to me!

Beastie
02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I would like their to be a sinister, clever theory behind it all.

billy123
02-06-2010, 08:41 PM
im confused
well that doesnt take much.

ElProximo
02-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I would like their to be a sinister, clever theory behind it all.

If we don't get a Logan's Run theme then my next theory is the 'Zardoz Theme'...

kbGVIdA3dx0

'Beyond 1984' is a reference to Orwell's 'Big Brother' novel 1984

*i now realize I have to mention this as many young BB viewers don't seem to know where 'Big Brother' comes from*

Boothy
02-06-2010, 09:06 PM
What is the video for? You got the verbal s**ts?

ElProximo
02-06-2010, 10:48 PM
What is the video for? You got the verbal s**ts?

It is for bright people who enjoy (somewhat) clever pop culture references,
and,
it is for stupid people like you who do not understand why and what these have to do with Big Brother.
Unfortunately, no amount of pictures and 'spelling it out' seems to help people like you.
I suggest you realize the problem is with you and then give up on it now before you hurt yourself.

who_r_the_housemates
03-06-2010, 01:50 AM

Yeah umm I read that short story about 'the horse on the dinning room table', and it's pretty much about death and grief, more of a metaphor, relating to the subject of death and how for example someone dying could feel uncomfortable about speaking about death and all that surrounds the sensitive subject, hence there's a horse 'sitting' at your table.... yes? So if that carousel theme is correct, that's the only link I can think of, death of bb.. Even so my guess is not a lot of people will know of or even decipher the reference without prior knowledge of the 'expression' Remember the core of latter bb's target audience and given what bb has become....

Bit far fetched but imaginative still El Proxi hope you're not in too much pain:flowers:

ElProximo
03-06-2010, 02:31 AM
Yeah umm I read that short story about 'the horse on the dinning room table', and it's pretty much about death and grief, more of a metaphor, relating to the subject of death and how for example someone dying could feel uncomfortable about speaking about death and all that surrounds the sensitive subject, hence there's a horse 'sitting' at your table.... yes? So if that carousel theme is correct, that's the only link I can think of, death of bb.. Even so my guess is not a lot of people will know of or even decipher the reference without prior knowledge of the 'expression' Remember the core of latter bb's target audience and given what bb has become....

Bit far fetched but imaginative still El Proxi hope you're not in too much pain:flowers:

Yeah, at that point I was just screwing around. Couldn't resist.
:xyxwave:

who_r_the_housemates
03-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah, at that point I was just screwing around. Couldn't resist.
:xyxwave:

naughty boy dam there's no smilie for spank!:cat: I shall take my flowers back and stop defending you :p

dawa
03-06-2010, 03:14 AM
It is for bright people who enjoy (somewhat) clever pop culture references,
and,
it is for stupid people like you who do not understand why and what these have to do with Big Brother.
Unfortunately, no amount of pictures and 'spelling it out' seems to help people like you.
I suggest you realize the problem is with you and then give up on it now before you hurt yourself.

For the first time in my life, i have to do a " This " ..... mainly because this forum really is full of inbred ******* who have no clue... I mean COME ON.... jeeebus H christ on a stick....

If I was PM id have most of the members on this forum forced to go watch the news, read a bunch of books and watch some movies... real ones.

It would get rid of the " lol i fink diz is teh c00lz cuz I like cats " type responses...

JCBBFan
03-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Didn't C4 say so many times on their site that it's a fun carnival theme??

Jordan.
04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
this is on channel 4 now :|