PDA

View Full Version : Running out of talent

Nitrogen
22-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I heard on the radio while at work today that Simon Cowell has said that he is worried about 'talent drying up' in the UK.

What are peoples thoughts and does anyone believe him or do you think like me and just see him trying to hype up his show?

Smithy
22-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I read that too, I don't think theres too much to worry about. He could have said that a year ago, and then susan boyle came along.

Jords
22-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Talent isnt drying up, just the variety of talent cant keep expanding.

ElProximo
23-05-2010, 05:34 AM
I think there is a real issue here - for some time you had a lot of 'hidden gems' but after a few seasons of X-Factor, Pop Idol and BGT you have found many or even most (?) of them.
Now what?
Of course new talents are formed and coming along but then I worry they are all starting to emulate the same things?
Do we have 400 very talented dancers but almost all are training and wishing to become the 'next Diversity'.

I dunno.. I guess I'm just saying I can see what Simon might be worried about.
Then I am still optimistic.

MrGaryy
23-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Every year there's a new group of people that have either become old enough to enter, had enough practice, become confident enough, ect. so there's always going to be new acts.

Patrick
23-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Idc hopefully this show is axed soon.

Shaun
23-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh as if he's in a position to judge when he's flogged Joe McElderry, Ray Quinn, Leon Jackson, Steve Brookstein, Michelle McManus and countless others to us.

eye sea
23-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Talent is certainly very thin on the ground, I admit. ;)

Enid
23-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Not at all. Anybody with any real talent is already famous or just doesn't want to appear on BGT to get flogged by $imon Cowell.

30stone
24-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Idc hopefully this show is axed soon.
Dont be silly.

Oh as if he's in a position to judge when he's flogged Joe McElderry, Ray Quinn, Leon Jackson, Steve Brookstein, Michelle McManus and countless others to us.

The public voted them im sure he didnt want to.

As always he has worked his magic on people to get money..

Great man.

keithafc
24-05-2010, 01:28 AM
The talent isn't drying up, the variety is perhaps drying up or perhaps there just isn't any?

Look at the latest show (this weeks) and its either dancers or singers. No one different. No one who stands out.

Im fed up of seeing dancers after dancers who stick to a routine. Its boring after a while and reptitive.

Kerry
26-05-2010, 11:25 PM
No ones shone this year thats for sure

Enid
26-05-2010, 11:26 PM
I loved the Frank Sinatra performance. Everything else was a disappointment. He will do well.