PDA

View Full Version : New Mortal kombat Game announced (epic trailer within)

Tom4784
09-06-2010, 03:08 AM
An interesting video popped up recently, it's like an 8 minute trailer of a gritty live action Mortal Kombat. Nobody really knows what it is yet, but it's probably not fake as there's known actors in it. It looks interesting though, The rumours are saying there's gonna be a film and a new MK game unveiled at E3.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs3ROFNxa5M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs3ROFNxa5M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It's an interesting direction to say the least, I'm thinking that it's gonna be a tie in film released with the new game (like how Capcom created the Street Fighter 4 film to be packaged with the game) which would explain the cheap look of it. I'm not sure I'd like this direction for a proper MK game though.

InOne
09-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Always loved the MK games and the first film of it was epic, thought they got that perfect. This does actually look like a good film and a decent take on it. And i'll admit I was waiting to see how hot Sonya was gonna look lol Also interesting having the known bad guy as some sort of hero. Only problem for me is it has seemed to have lost it's mystical side, which I actually quite liked.

Tom4784
09-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Always loved the MK games and the first film of it was epic, thought they got that perfect. This does actually look like a good film and a decent take on it. And i'll admit I was waiting to see how hot Sonya was gonna look lol Also interesting having the known bad guy as some sort of hero. Only problem for me is it has seemed to have lost it's mystical side, which I actually quite liked.

Yeah, if it's just for the film I can see why they dropped the mystical element though as it always seemed corny in the other films. I'm very intrigued to see if this is representative of the game though since I heard they were rebooting the series but this would be a dramatic direction to take. I wonder how they'd do a reality based Sub Zero?

InOne
09-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah, if it's just for the film I can see why they dropped the mystical element though as it always seemed corny in the other films. I'm very intrigued to see if this is representative of the game though since I heard they were rebooting the series but this would be a dramatic direction to take. I wonder how they'd do a reality based Sub Zero?

Oh, I've also always hated Jax, but this one seems ok lol And dunno, seems they're going for the odd science freak thing, the way Batman seems to do. I guess it depends for far technology is advanced in the film. It will be interesting to see all the characters popping up through the film. When is the film meant to be out?

Tom4784
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh, I've also always hated Jax, but this one seems ok lol And dunno, seems they're going for the odd science freak thing, the way Batman seems to do. I guess it depends for far technology is advanced in the film. It will be interesting to see all the characters popping up through the film. When is the film meant to be out?

Nobody knows if it's even a film, It's been suggested it might have been a viral video to promote a New MK's announcement at E3 but it's all very mysterious. It literally popped up out of nowhere. Since Warner Bros holds the right to the game and film rights of MK, I'm guessing it's both a film and a game.

Either way we'll find out soon I expect.

InOne
09-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Hmmmm, well don't really play on consoles anymore so a film would be better for me lol

Tom4784
09-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Hmmmm, well don't really play on consoles anymore so a film would be better for me lol

Acording to IGN, the actor who played Jax has been quoted as saying it's for a new game but IGN still thinks there could be a film involved somewhere. I'm guessing It'll be a new game (since before Midway went bust they were working on an MK reboot) and possibly a film that comes with it.

It's made me very intrigued for E3 though.

InOne
09-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Acording to IGN, the actor who played Jax has been quoted as saying it's for a new game but IGN still thinks there could be a film involved somewhere. I'm guessing It'll be a new game (since before Midway went bust they were working on an MK reboot) and possibly a film that comes with it.

It's made me very intrigued for E3 though.

Yeah, does look like it would be a pretty good game really. I might try get back into consoles and just buy some classics lol

Tom4784
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
I've had a thought about Sub Zero, maybe his realistic counterpart would use like a cold version of a flame thrower. I'm quite excited to find it more about this really, It could be a very interesting direction to take.

Tom4784
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
New 2D Mortal Kombat Announced
Fatalities are back and better than ever.

Warner Bros announced a new Mortal Kombat is in development for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Set for release in 2011, the new title will feature an all-new graphics engine, the return of brutal fatalities, and a "reinvention" of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Long-time series creator Ed Boon one again returns to lead his team at his newly re-named NetherRealm Studios in Chicago.

"We can't wait for players to get their hands on Mortal Kombat," said Boon "This game really is a response to what players have been demanding: mature presentation, reinvented 2D fighting mechanic and the best, most gruesome fatalities ever!"

The game will also include new features, such as a 4-player tag-team mode where players battle in teams of two against each other online. Fans can also enjoy the "deepest story mode of any fighting game" and an "extensive" lineup of the series' iconic characters.

"We are bringing the Mortal Kombat franchise back to gamers with the talented NetherRealm Studios team creating the game fans long to play," said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "Re-establishing the brand with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Mortal Kombat innovates on past games while staying true to the brand's legendary characters and fighting style."

I'm quite excited for this, the series was at it's best in the earlier games and so a return to 2d sounds promising. Let's hope they take some cues from Street Fighter 4. Apparently Sonya and Kitana have accidently been confirmed by their voice actors, so they're definitely in.

Also the purpose of the Live action video's been revealed. It's a pitch for the direction of the new MK film to be shown to Warner Bros. It wasn't related to the games after all.

BB_Eye
11-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Can't really say I'm jumping for joy over this... the only fighting game I'm praying for is a possible Virtua Fighter 6.

Mortal Kombat has never been a very good fighter and has only ever had gore and campy humour going for it, which you kind of lose when the production values are much higher as they will be in this game.

Tom4784
11-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Can't really say I'm jumping for joy over this... the only fighting game I'm praying for is a possible Virtua Fighter 6.

Mortal Kombat has never been a very good fighter and has only ever had gore and campy humour going for it, which you kind of lose when the production values are much higher as they will be in this game.

The newer games weren't very good but I'll always love the first three. Pure fun. I've got high hopes for this one though as the trailer looks quite promising.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DokRWyO6GAM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DokRWyO6GAM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I love how much it looks like MK2 (apart from the combos and MK3 characters and such obviously) To me it looks like they're making it more of a pick up and play game rather then trying to make it deep, which I'm glad of really. The last few games haven't been very good because they've tried to keep up with the deeper games like Tekken and such when they should have gone for an easy to play type fighting game with a little depth, Like DOA which isn't hugely deep but it's easy to get into with a little depth here and there.

That probably doesn't make much sense but I hope you get what I mean?

I'm looking forward to seeing more at E3, it looks like a true return to form.