PDA

View Full Version : Down In Albion

cc100
06-11-2005, 08:13 PM
As a massive libertines fan i thought babyshambles would never come close. However over the past few weeks ive been listening to lots of babyshambles, mostly acoustic songs sung live. Today ive heard the full "Down In Albion" Album for the first time and im struck at how good it is. People automatically dismiss pete doherty because of all the bad press, yeah he is a druggie but he's amazingly talented. I recommend people to listen to this album as i guarantee youll be suprised how good it is. The tracks i particularly recommend are: La Belle Et La Bete, The 32'nd of December, Pipedown, Sticks & Stones, 8 Dead Boys, Albion and Loyalty Song. The singles Killamangiro & ******* Foerever also pitch up and Mick Jones has re- jigged them for the album. Give this record a listen, and dont judge beforehand. Best wishes for the future.

Dan_
06-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Heard some of their stuff, PD's voice is not really that good and musically they are pretty average.

Tanser_Man
06-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Great Album!

I got it two weeks before the release date :thumbs: hahaha

Ruth
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
I think they're rubbish - sorry cc100! Hated The Libertines and hate Babyshambles - not because of Pete Doherty (who I think is an absolute disgrace), but I just hate the music anyway.

~Kizwiz~
07-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm with you on that one Ruth! I really dont like their music and think that PD is a state! He's setting a very bad example to young kids with his blatant drug use!

skelo4eva
07-11-2005, 12:30 PM
never heard of them lol

cc100
07-11-2005, 08:18 PM
He may not be a good example, but the Beatles were druggies at their peak, but we all fawn over them.

Most 'respectable' people, like politicians, are on some sort of illegal substance anyhow.

Romantic Old Bird
08-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Now then cc, we do agree on lots of things, but erm......I think a parallel between Pete Doherty and The Beatles is a bit too much to contemplate.

The Beatles were introduced to marijuana in 1964 by Dylan, and I agree their music began to change fundamentally after that. The Beatles were part of the whole experimentation thing, and indeed it was nothing new even then (Byron, Shelley etc had all been there before).

Differences between PD and the fab four are summed up in one extremely important word.

TALENT!

Ruth
08-11-2005, 08:26 AM
yeah, I know that Pete Doherty is not the first and certainly won't be the last one to take drugs. I just think he is an inarticulate, rude, nasty little brat. Plus, he has been in trouble for many things, not just taking drugs. I'm not a fan of his vain stuck up girlfriend either.

Sorry, had to vent.

cc100
08-11-2005, 08:00 PM
I take your points, and agree with them in the main, BUT, I was judging by musical talent, which is judged differently by everyone.

Im a big fan of the Libertines, and got into them before I even knew the name of the singer, let alone his lifestyle.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? They may not have been found out just yet.

Ruth
09-11-2005, 08:51 AM
That's a fair point. I just don't like their music either, reagrdless of the fact that PD is involved. But each to their own though:spin2:

Tanser_Man
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Pete Doherty is a tosser.

But his music is top drawer.

cc100
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Tanser_Man
Pete Doherty is a tosser.

But his music is top drawer.

Agreed.

How many celebs out there are doing illegal or unsavoury things, but havent been sussed out just yet??

Plenty, I bet.

Siouxsie
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM
cant comment sorry aint heard it