PDA

View Full Version : This is Big Brother Design Competition

Joe.
28-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Alike the fan made eye competition, design the TiBB Forums index, simply printscreen the TiBB forum index and edit it to your heart's desire on paint or any editing software. Scoring will take place in due course after entries have been submitted.

Now here's mine which I am entering-

I've encoporated a fun summery feel to the site, with bright colours and funky fonts. There's main sections for BB11 and BB1-10 and a drop down menu for everything else. All the TV threads are in one main section however X Factor, I'm a Celeb, The Apprentice and Britain's got Talent have got seperate sections as well. I've also designed a chat menu up the top and a Member of the Week which I've used Vicky for.

http://i46.tinypic.com/nvpcar.jpg

zotler.
28-06-2010, 04:35 PM
There's so many things wrong with your design, what's with all the different fonts? It makes it look incredibly messy, anyone who knows anything about Graphic design knows not to use loads of different fonts on a piece of work, you should try use 2-3 different fonts, not 7 or 8 different fonts. D:.

The placement of the announcement, et cetera stuff is really messy, the pictures should be the same distance apart.

Lots of username errors, if you look. Patrick, patrick. Stacey.x, Stacey, etc... Suppose not really a problem, maybe just my grammar issues. (Also catalogue..)

A drop down menu never says (drop down menu), if you're going to annotate stuff do it on the outside of the design, otherwise it looks like it's part of the design.

Where would the sign up box be if logged out? There wouldn't be enough room at the "HELLO JOE." bit.

Why did you use "post a picture of your mum" as a thread example? That's just creepy.

(The bottom overlaps by about 2 pixels at the left, too, by the way. D: )

Eh, the idea behind it is nice but your design needs a bit more work!

Joe.
28-06-2010, 06:58 PM
There's so many things wrong with your design, what's with all the different fonts? It makes it look incredibly messy, anyone who knows anything about Graphic design knows not to use loads of different fonts on a piece of work, you should try use 2-3 different fonts, not 7 or 8 different fonts. D:.

The placement of the announcement, et cetera stuff is really messy, the pictures should be the same distance apart.

Lots of username errors, if you look. Patrick, patrick. Stacey.x, Stacey, etc... Suppose not really a problem, maybe just my grammar issues. (Also catalogue..)

A drop down menu never says (drop down menu), if you're going to annotate stuff do it on the outside of the design, otherwise it looks like it's part of the design.

Where would the sign up box be if logged out? There wouldn't be enough room at the "HELLO JOE." bit.

Why did you use "post a picture of your mum" as a thread example? That's just creepy.

(The bottom overlaps by about 2 pixels at the left, too, by the way. D: )

Eh, the idea behind it is nice but your design needs a bit more work!

Well sorry. If you think you can do better then you have a go. I'm quite pleased with it myself actually.

Patrick
28-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Ahhh I like the BB9 Thread ;)

Glenn.
30-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you do a printscreen?

Maia
30-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you do a printscreen?

Press the PrtScr|SysRq button on your keyboard :)

Like the idea of the design btw Joe. Great job! :thumbs:

Glenn.
30-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Press the PrtScr|SysRq button on your keyboard :)

Like the idea of the design btw Joe. Great job! :thumbs:

Where does it get saved to?

KG.
30-06-2010, 11:50 PM
^ You need to press CTRL+V for it to show, if you're in photoshop, just create a new canvas and the dimensions should be the size of your screen if you hit the PrtSc button.

Glenn.
30-06-2010, 11:53 PM
^^
So it doesnt save the screen on your computer? In a folder somewhere? I don't have Photoshop?

KG.
30-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Nope, press the PrtSc button on the screen you want to copy.

Open Paint, or whatever Image Editting software you use, then once it's opened, just press CTRL+V or Edit>Paste and it should paste the screen you just copied.

Glenn.
30-06-2010, 11:56 PM
^^
Cheers I will give it a go.