PDA

View Full Version : The voting public...

MrGaryy
30-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Have for once, been spot on! Usually they make abysmal choices particularly with early evictions but this series they've consistently been wise and got rid of tiresome and irritating housemates. Looks like they're set to do so once again this Friday by saving Shabby once again and getting rid of that dog Caoimhe.

Claymores
30-06-2010, 12:39 PM
People on BB fansites have got it wrong anyway - it's an unpopularity contest.

HMs set up their horrors through nominations then the public drop-kick their most despised one.

It's a feel-good factor to get rid of a horror of a Friday for the public rather than allow them to be on the tellybox for the 'drama' (as FMs oftten bemoan)

It's the nature of the game - FMs who want fundamental changes to eviction format need to watch a different show instead if they dislike the 11 series rules of the game.

Just my opinion

mr white
30-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes lets get rid of all the watchable housemates first then we can watch dave&ben hug! Coring being dumb nathan cooking sunshine being that spoilt brat the fake jj romance wow i cant wait

Kore
30-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Like ive always said. We should vote for who we want to SAVE, and NOT who we want to evict!!!

Jords
30-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Yepp best results so far, but tonight's HL will be full of Shabby seeking air time so Im not sure if she will be safe, odds say otherwise for now with Caoimhe going. :D

Claymores
30-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes lets get rid of all the watchable housemates first then we can watch dave&ben hug! Coring being dumb nathan cooking sunshine being that spoilt brat the fake jj romance wow i cant wait

Watch something else on TV - or buy some DVDs. I love getting rid of the horrors, it gives me a feel-good hit every week.

MrGaryy
30-06-2010, 12:47 PM

HMs set up their horrors through nominations then the public drop-kick their most despised one.

It's a feel-good factor to get rid of a horror of a Friday for the public rather than allow them to be on the tellybox for the 'drama' (as FMs oftten bemoan)

It's the nature of the game - FMs who want fundamental changes to eviction format need to watch a different show instead if they dislike the 11 series rules of the game.

Just my opinion

I completely agree. I find this widespread belief across the board that the public should reward nastiness and ugliness and keep these people in 'for the sake of the show' extremely tedious. They don't seem to realise that it's the recent crops of nasty, unpleasant people being cast that is one of the show's biggest pitfalls and has ultimately made the show miserable and really unappealing to the public, hence it;s demise. Only the hardcore stans on the forums actually enjoy people like Govan for example, the majority of viewers and voters don;t enjoy watching irritating, nasty people.

And if I see one more thread about 'ur all gunna vote out da gud ones like govan and rachael and b left wit ores like dave being holy!!!' some bitch is actually going to get cut, I promise you.

Jordan.
30-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah the results have been spot on so far!

StGeorge
30-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Just my opinion

100% agree....you've hit the nail on the head there.

Claymores
30-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Like ive always said. We should vote for who we want to SAVE, and NOT who we want to evict!!!

The show is dying on it's feet already - I wouldn't bother my ass to pick up the phone to save any of them ever and neither would many of the voting public. I do, however, feel motivated to rid the tellybox of the most horrid one each week.

A few 000s from BB fansites would end-up voting solely under your proposal.

mr white
30-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Dont be bitter lol

mr white
30-06-2010, 12:56 PM
they are all nasty fame seekers! i am the voice of reason on here! lol

Claymores
30-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Dont be bitter lol

I'm not kiddo - and sorry if my posts came across over-aggressive. I like the show and like the eviction format.

*mazedsalv**
30-06-2010, 01:12 PM

Agree, but that would never happen.
However one week Im sure they will do what happened in BB9 and BB10, vote to Save towards the final 3 weeks, to get rid of the deadwood. BB9 got rid of Mo and Kat and BB10 got rid of Hira.

Claymores
30-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Agree, but that would never happen.
However one week Im sure they will do what happened in BB9 and BB10, vote to Save towards the final 3 weeks, to get rid of the deadwood. BB9 got rid of Mo and Kat and BB10 got rid of Hira.

Yup that'll happen and I agree it should one week - it's traditional. I just won't be voting that week :hugesmile:

Claymores
30-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I completely agree. I find this widespread belief across the board that the public should reward nastiness and ugliness and keep these people in 'for the sake of the show' extremely tedious. They don't seem to realise that it's the recent crops of nasty, unpleasant people being cast that is one of the show's biggest pitfalls and has ultimately made the show miserable and really unappealing to the public, hence it;s demise. Only the hardcore stans on the forums actually enjoy people like Govan for example, the majority of viewers and voters don;t enjoy watching irritating, nasty people.

And if I see one more thread about 'ur all gunna vote out da gud ones like govan and rachael and b left wit ores like dave being holy!!!' some bitch is actually going to get cut, I promise you.

My view and yours and some others here is quite controversial to many BB fansite users. But I like the unpopularity contest and I DO feel good when a 'dramatic' horror is evicted by the viewing public.

bananarama
30-06-2010, 01:27 PM
There is a problem with consistantly getting rid of the percieved "Horrors". That once gone the game is over.......Getting rid of a horror also gets rid of a story line..Once again the game is over long before the series is due to end and we often get a poor undeserving result at the end.

BB tries to save the day by throwing in a few more horrors...But once agin they are shot down and storylines sabotaged by the public.........Hardly surprising CH4 feel a need to axe the show........When the public with their shooting gallary mind sets try to axe every week of its run......

MrGaryy
30-06-2010, 01:28 PM
My view and yours and some others here is quite controversial to many BB fansite users. But I like the unpopularity contest and I DO feel good when a 'dramatic' horror is evicted by the viewing public.

Not only does it feel good to sock it to some of the abominations each Friday but I just love seeing their faces when the decent people like Sunshine are rewarded each week even though they all assume she's a goner.

WildCat
30-06-2010, 02:42 PM

No, we should scrap evictions altogether. THAT is the answer.

WildCat
30-06-2010, 02:43 PM
There is a problem with consistantly getting rid of the percieved "Horrors". That once gone the game is over.......Getting rid of a horror also gets rid of a story line..Once again the game is over long before the series is due to end and we often get a poor undeserving result at the end.

BB tries to save the day by throwing in a few more horrors...But once agin they are shot down and storylines sabotaged by the public.........Hardly surprising CH4 feel a need to axe the show........When the public with their shooting gallary mind sets try to axe every week of its run......

Yes, BUT why aren't you (and others) petitioning BB to scrap evictions? That way the good HM's CAN'T leave!

*mazedsalv**
30-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, BUT why aren't you (and others) petitioning BB to scrap evictions? That way the good HM's CAN'T leave!

LOL scrapping evictions?
Are you having a laugh, thats the main foruc, the viewer decides, thats the whole slogan "Who Goes. You Decide"

WildCat
30-06-2010, 02:51 PM
LOL scrapping evictions?
Are you having a laugh, thats the main foruc, the viewer decides, thats the whole slogan "Who Goes. You Decide"

It should be, ''who's punished, you decide''. BB made a HUGE mistake even allowing evictions in the first place. It needs changing.

Btw, they altered to before once in a while to ''who stays, you decide'' so your reasoning is flawed.

Jack_
30-06-2010, 02:59 PM

Exactly.

The point I've been trying to make is that two storylines have already been destroyed, and if Shabby goes this week - that's basically the main one destroyed. And then we have next to nothing to watch. I just don't get it.

WildCat
30-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Exactly.

The point I've been trying to make is that two storylines have already been destroyed, and if Shabby goes this week - that's basically the main one destroyed. And then we have next to nothing to watch. I just don't get it.

Unless you agree with my proposals, you have no right to complain Jack,

WildCat
30-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Jack, read this: http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144214

stoney
30-06-2010, 03:06 PM
we all watch the prog for different reasons and like and dislike different people.

I do not find Shabby even slightly entertaining.
She ruins the show for the likes of me with her constant bickerring and division.The night she had her date with Caoimhe was the most entertaining night of the show with the jerry Springer stuff that hardly even featured in the HL due to their pretendy love affair:sleep:
Evicting her would also create the most changes and give the biggest reaction from the house.
Altho, tbh, if I were to vote this week it would be for that horrid Caoimhe.
Them I might get a double bonus cos Shabby keeps threatenning to leave. She was even going on about walking with Caoimhe WHEN Caoimhe was evicted on friday but didnt think that she would be allowed to leave by the same door at eviction time. ( altho , tbh, I didnt believe a word of it:sleep:)

MrGaryy
30-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Exactly.

Every time someone leaves, that in itself creates new stories. Shabby;s absence would result in forcing Caoimhe to integrate more with the rest of the house and return to Ife, Caoimhe's absence will do wonders for Shabby as she'll be able to think straighter and not to mention that there are plenty of 'storylines' that are developing all the time. The Sunshine situation, Josie and JJ's romance, Mario's unrequited love, Ife drifting from her original clique, the housemates growing lack of trust for Dave and Ben, plus other things created by the tree and nominations and save and replace. One housemate does not have this profound effect you try and make out.

And quite frankly, at the end of the day, the bottom line is that the vast majority of people just do not like watching vapid, nasty people and people like Govan and Rachael do so so much more harm to the show than they do good.

Jack_
30-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Every time someone leaves, that in itself creates new stories. Shabby;s absence would result in forcing Caoimhe to integrate more with the rest of the house and return to Ife, Caoimhe's absence will do wonders for Shabby as she'll be able to think straighter and not to mention that there are plenty of 'storylines' that are developing all the time. The Sunshine situation, Josie and JJ's romance, Mario's unrequited love, Ife drifting from her original clique, the housemates growing lack of trust for Dave and Ben, plus other things created by the tree and nominations and save and replace. One housemate does not have this profound effect you try and make out.

And quite frankly, at the end of the day, the bottom line is that the vast majority of people just do not like watching vapid, nasty people and people like Govan and Rachael do so so much more harm to the show than they do good.

Whilst the first line is true, I don't want Caoimhe/Shabby to integrate themselves with the rest of the house, because that's boring. They'll inevitably end up getting along as one big group instead of their being two seperate groups, and the latter is obviously better - a divide = more confrontation = a better storyline. Ife does nothing regardless so her drifting from her original clique isn't something to shout about.

And whilst that is true - people should be voting logically. What people need to remember is we're not actually living with these 'nasty' people, but the housemates are. And these 'nasty' people will do a hell of a lot more for the development of storylines than the likes of Ife, Steve and Mario. It happens every year. People vote out these housemates, and a few weeks down the line complain it's boring, and it's their own fault. A boring show = low ratings = a factor contributing to Big Brother getting the axe.

I'm the exact opposite of people like Govan, Rachael and 'bitchy, nasty' people etc, but this isn't about me or what type of people I dislike. This is about an entertainment show. An entertainment show where the viewing public should endeavour to ensure that there's as many storylines as possible - and keeping these nasty, bitchy, confrontational housemates are important. As much as I hate to admit it, can you imagine what BB10 would've been like for the first few weeks without Lisa's group?

Claymores
30-06-2010, 03:20 PM
No, we should scrap evictions altogether. THAT is the answer.

Lock the doors, walk away and watch something else!

MrGaryy
30-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Whilst the first line is true, I don't want Caoimhe/Shabby to integrate themselves with the rest of the house, because that's boring. They'll inevitably end up getting along as one big group instead of their being two seperate groups, and the latter is obviously better - a divide = more confrontation = a better storyline. Ife does nothing regardless so her drifting from her original clique isn't something to shout about.

And whilst that is true - people should be voting logically. What people need to remember is we're not actually living with these 'nasty' people, but the housemates are. And these 'nasty' people will do a hell of a lot more for the development of storylines than the likes of Ife, Steve and Mario. It happens every year. People vote out these housemates, and a few weeks down the line complain it's boring, and it's their own fault. A boring show = low ratings = a factor contributing to Big Brother getting the axe.

I'm the exact opposite of people like Govan, Rachael and 'bitchy, nasty' people etc, but this isn't about me or what type of people I dislike. This is about an entertainment show. An entertainment show where the viewing public should endeavour to ensure that there's as many storylines as possible - and keeping these nasty, bitchy, confrontational housemates are important. As much as I hate to admit it, can you imagine what BB10 would've been like for the first few weeks without Lisa's group?

but that's my entire point. You keep saying it's an entertainment show yet clearly most people do not find housemates like Rachael and Govan entertaining, they just make unpleasant, tedious viewing. A bitchy nasty housemate is only good for a week max, if they don't clean their act up it just gets dull. The only people who want a house full of these huge confrontational housemates are the hardcore fans, which is actually a very, very niche group and not one that should necessarily be catered for.

And on the matter of the house divide - it doesn't actually exist. It's just two girls segregating themselves from the rest of the group. Everyone else integrates. It's not a group divide.