PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the "shallow" John james fans!

serensilver
06-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Ok i've held it in for weeks now but can't anymore!:bored:

I am sick of commenting on threads on here about JJ and people saying us fans are only defending him for his looks!:rolleyes: ACTUALLY im not that shallow and dont judge people on how they look, i judge on how they act and what sort of housemate they are!:wavey:

Everyone on here will find every housemate attractive, whether it be steve/ben/john/ife/caiomhe but their not called shallow! I think josie is a fab housemate but i dont get told im only defending her etc because of her looks?

John james is not my type at all believe it or not i like his smile but believe me when i say i am not a JJ fan just because of that!

So enough with the :sleep: shallow stuff jessuusss:sleep:

This is for all those non shallow John James fans!

Josy
06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I know exactly what you mean......

starry
06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
He is very argumentative though isn't he? If a female HM was like that they would get evicted straight away.

flamingGalah!
06-07-2010, 10:56 PM
So if JJ looked like Gordon Brown & behaved in exactly the same way (bullying Rachael, arguing with anyone over anything several times a day etc...) you would still be loving him?? Of course you would... ;)

Fuzzylogic
06-07-2010, 10:56 PM
The "John james fans only like him becuase he's fit" comments are really petty.

Are there any moderators ont his forum, as I suggest that this sort of comment should be made to be a bannable offense as it very boring.

No one ever says "People only like Shabby becuase she is a lesbian"

serensilver
06-07-2010, 10:57 PM
He is very argumentative though isn't he? If a female HM was like that they would get evicted straight away.

Ye he is.. i dont mind people on here having their opinions about him, its a forum at the end of the day, its when i get called shallow for defending him that gets up my nose! :wavey:

Fuzzylogic
So if JJ looked like Gordon Brown & behaved in exactly the same way (bullying Rachael, arguing with anyone over anything several times a day etc...) you would still be loving him?? Of course you would... ;)

What difference would that make to a 33 year old straight male?

Zippy
Deluded BS. His blatant hypocrisy, bullying argumentive attitude and game playing would NOT be so tolerated if he were fat and ugly. Fact!

Fuzzylogic
06-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Deluded BS. His blatant hypocrisy, bullying argumentive attitude and game playing would NOT be so tolerated if he were fat and ugly. Fact!

I think you just confused "fact" with "opinion"

serensilver
06-07-2010, 10:58 PM

You need to read the post again then! yes i would actually! i love shabby thought she was a great housemate but it wasnt because of how she looked...

BB_Eye
06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
The trouble is... I'm racking my brain over just what it is anybody could possibly like about him apart from his looks. What redeeming qualities does he have?

serensilver
06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I think you just confused "fact" with "opinion"

high five, not fact AT ALL!

Stacey.
06-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I wish I didn't like him. It's not just down to his looks though, however it does have a certain impact on who I like, but I know it shouldn't.

Anyway, he makes me laugh and his comments are funny.

Visage
06-07-2010, 11:01 PM
I simply find him very amusing. I also think Josie cause some problems for JJ. No I'm not trying to shift the blame, because I agree he is very argumentative. I just think Josie uses this to her own advantage.

I think Nathan, Shabby & Caoimhe has shown how aggression can be in the house too. It's not all down to John.

Fuzzylogic
The trouble is... I'm racking my brain over just what it is anybody could possibly like about him apart from his looks. What redeeming qualities does he have?

I suppose that's how I feel about caoaoaohme.

But I like him simply becuase he's entertaining, he stirs **** up.

Sure someone like Steve might be a nicer bloke and someone who you would prefer to know in real life. But as a TV character JJ is much more important to the show.

Mr XcX
Let's be honest though, his looks hardly stops fan support. Deteste him, but at least unlike Dale he has a personality

serensilver
06-07-2010, 11:02 PM

well in MY opinion (you may disagree) he is funny, argumentative, quite feminine, opinionated, up for a laugh, confused half the time lol, a general all round nice bloke, and the double act with josie is very commical to watch!:wavey:

Josy

He has been himself from day 1, ok he can go on a bit but he says what he thinks wether it will cause an upset or not, i would prefer to see that any day rather that someone walking around acting like everyones best friend the then bitching about them at every opportunity behind thier backs, him and Josie are also a good laugh together sometimes.

flamingGalah!
You need to read the post again then! yes i would actually! i love shabby thought she was a great housemate but it wasnt because of how she looked...

Of course you would ;)

So what exactly do you like about him then??, if as you say, you don't fancy him at all... :conf:

flamingGalah!
06-07-2010, 11:03 PM
What difference would that make to a 33 year old straight male?

Not a lot i'd imagine, but about 99% of his fans are teenage girls... ;)

Fuzzylogic
06-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Of course you would ;)

So what exactly do you like about him then??, if as you say, you don't fancy him at all... :conf:

Why do you have to 'fancy' someone to like them?

I like Basil Fawlty, doesn't mean I want to bum him!

Jordan.
06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Okay so maybe some people do genuinely like him but if say atleast 70% of his fans are because of how he looks.

Its annoying that if he was a big ugly mong no one would like him at all and he'd have been gone first week, but just because hes good looking people can look past hes annoying arguementative dull & picky personality.

Fuzzylogic
Not a lot i'd imagine, but about 99% of his fans are teenage girls... ;)

Maybe you should do a poll?

serensilver
Of course you would ;)

already posted just now somewhere on here :wavey:! no i dont fancy him i am 26 yr old female and personally prefer a bit more muscle and a different shade of skin.......:hugesmile:

Kazanne
06-07-2010, 11:06 PM

Have you heard his latest rant in the garden,it's really getting on my nerves!!

BB_Eye
06-07-2010, 11:07 PM
He has been himself from day 1, ok he can go on a bit but he says what he thinks wether it will cause an upset or not, i would prefer to see that any day rather that someone walking around acting like everyones best friend the then bitching about them at every opportunity behind thier backs, him and Josie are also a good laugh together sometimes.

Lol, but that's exactly what he does. He goes from group to group slagging one off to the other and that's when he isn't he is getting into arguments over the most trivial things.

Josy
06-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Have you heard his latest rant in the garden,it's really getting on my nerves!!

He cant even speak or you say he's ranting? he is saying he dislikes arse lickers, whats up with that?

Josy
06-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Lol, but that's exactly what he does. He goes from group to group slagging one off to the other and that's when he isn't he is getting into arguments over the most trivial things.

Thats not what he does IMO.

Fuzzylogic
06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Okay so maybe some people do genuinely like him but if say atleast 70% of his fans are because of how he looks.

Its annoying that if he was a big ugly mong no one would like him at all and he'd have been gone first week, but just because hes good looking people can look past hes annoying arguementative dull & picky personality.

I actually think it's quite the opposite. Being good looking actually works AGAINST you, just look at how many people bring up his looks AGAINST him on this forum. But how many people bring it up in his favour?

In a show like this if you are good looking you are at a disadvantage because of people's jealousy and preconceptions. If you are ugly or average you are at an advantage because people say "Oh i like him because he's a normal bloke"

starry
06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
I actually think it's quite the opposite. Being good looking actually works AGAINST you, just look at how many people bring up his looks AGAINST him on this forum. But how many people bring it up in his favour?

In a show like this if you are good looking you are at a disadvantage because of people's jealousy and preconceptions. If you are ugly or average you are at an advantage because people say "Oh i like him because he's a normal bloke"

I don't care what he looks like, I just find him argumentative and a bit paranoid.

rusticgal
06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Well I find him quite attractive...love his accent more than anything.However I like people who are not afraid to air their opinions... I watch LF from overnight and I dont find him that aggressive or that argumentative... he just has opinions and tries to understand others.
I liked Rex for that... I found Dale good looking....but what a dullard and wast of space he was....

So we are not all shallow...and the anti JJ threads are just getting soooooo boring!!

oddballmisfitsFTW
06-07-2010, 11:19 PM

he didnt bully rachel, rachel was an arrogant bitch and did give people "that dirty look" he pullled her up on it, she deserved everything she got. You cant bully a bitch, its called Justice.

the reason he argues so much is cos he is not very bright and falls into an argument if he gets baffled. He isnt a nasty person though.

I am neutral on him at moment, he doesnt annoy me and he doesnt make me laugh or anything either. He is far from being the worse HM. That goes to Quaver.

Beastie
06-07-2010, 11:20 PM
He is entertaining. I didn't want Rachael to go in the first week and I don't want JJ to go this week.

flamingGalah!
06-07-2010, 11:23 PM
he didnt bully rachel, rachel was an arrogant bitch and did give people "that dirty look" he pullled her up on it, she deserved everything she got. You cant bully a bitch, its called Justice.

the reason he argues so much is cos he is not very bright and falls into an argument if he gets baffled. He isnt a nasty person though.

I am neutral on him at moment, he doesnt annoy me and he doesnt make me laugh or anything either. He is far from being the worse HM. That goes to Quaver.

What the same arrogance that he posesses?? He did bully her, he made nasty comments to her & was generally horrible to her for no reason... He also screws his face up whilst looking at people, he is full of contradictions!...

I agree that he is thick as sh*t, but that's no excuse...

Kazanne
06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
He cant even speak or you say he's ranting? he is saying he dislikes arse lickers, whats up with that?

What for the 6000th time,he is demented,he's a hypocrite,

Vicky.
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah its pathetic really.

As bad as people who were saying the only reason to DISLIKE rachel was because of her looks :rolleyes:

Yeah, there are SOME superficial people out there, but not nearly as many as people on here make out.

I like JJ because he is not afraid to speak his mind, and I find him interesting. he sort of reminds me of rex...who is one of my fave ever housemates. Did I only like HIM for his looks too? Because he was nothing to look at, tbh...

Jordan.
06-07-2010, 11:42 PM

thats only the case with female housemates as its generally female voters.

I think its a fact that if a member of the public who has never watched the show had to pick one of them to evict based on their picture they'd get rid of Nathan because hes just normal looking.