PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs not saved by Noahs ark

brian3
06-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Did Dave say thst or is Mario just stiring it up

Livia
06-07-2010, 11:32 PM
I'd be interested to hear Dave's take on Creation v Evolution. Christians' unquestioning belief that everything was just magicked up one day, in the face of all the scientific evidence is hilarious!

bansheewails
06-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I think Dave is a creationist yes. He also told mario that UFO's could be angels. I have no comment to make on this matter.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
well they obviously werent saved because they are dead but it would be cool if they were. i wonder if we would have them as pets nowadays that would be really cool i would love a dinosaur. i would probably get one of the t rexy type ones but not as big because its really cute how they stand

smudgie
06-07-2010, 11:42 PM
:joker: It's a good job Nessie can swim then.:spin:

Frank E
06-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Mario thinks dinosaurs exist in some part of the world.

Alpertinator
06-07-2010, 11:45 PM
I hate to be so offensive but people who believe in creationism are just ignorant. They're highly religious and in being so they feel a neccesity to be incredibly loyal to their religion and follow and believe it all blindly.

Thing is the way I see it, the bible is just a guide for people to live their lives by. A guide on how to be a good human being (partially out dated for example the negative attitude to homosexuality). It's probably very looseyly, incredibly vaguely, based on true events and a few true people. But really, all it is is a story, which is a guide to living as a good human.

Alpertinator
06-07-2010, 11:47 PM
I hate to be so offensive but people who believe in creationism are just ignorant. They're highly religious and in being so they feel a neccesity to be incredibly loyal to their religion and follow and believe it all blindly.

Thing is the way I see it, the bible is just a guide for people to live their lives by. A guide on how to be a good human being (partially out dated for example the negative attitude to homosexuality). It's probably very looseyly, incredibly vaguely, based on true events and a few true people. But really, all it is is a story, which is a guide to living as a good human.

flamingGalah!
06-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Indeed, the Bible is the bestselling novel ever written...

Oooo_get_her
06-07-2010, 11:52 PM
I'd be interested to hear Dave's take on Creation v Evolution. Christians' unquestioning belief that everything was just magicked up one day, in the face of all the scientific evidence is hilarious!

Don't be so fcuking stupid. 'Christians' believe nothing of the sort. There are billions (literally) of people on this planet who come under the very broad umbrella of Christianity. A very, very small minority of those Christians are Creationists who believe that everything was literally created in 6 days and very many of those Creationists also believe that that happened about 6000 years ago.

There are very few Churches that formally deny Evolution. It's really only the crackpot fundamentalists that take it that far.

The vast, vast majority of Christians, (and Jews, Muslims, Hindus and members of the many other faiths with creation myths) accept that life has developed on this planet over billions of years by the process of evolution.

Patrick
06-07-2010, 11:54 PM
well they obviously werent saved because they are dead but it would be cool if they were. i wonder if we would have them as pets nowadays that would be really cool i would love a dinosaur. i would probably get one of the t rexy type ones but not as big because its really cute how they stand

Considering they are massive, I don't think we would have them as pets.

Small ones, yeah possibly that would be wicked.
There is a way to bring them back though, I just don't know if the scientists have agreed on it and grew the balls to do it.

Alpertinator
07-07-2010, 12:12 AM
There is a way to bring them back though, I just don't know if the scientists have agreed on it and grew the balls to do it.

Well said Pat. The scientists should be excited to do it, hey if it's ethical to clone sheep/make sheep clones and such then how is it unethical to make dinosaur clones using their DNA? To be fair I don't think they have the ability to pull a Jurassic Park, may be 50 or more years before anything like that could happen, or maybe I'm wrong.

But yeah when you think about it, it is kind of unethical... like the reason they'd re-create dinosaurs is to keep them in safari parks and charge people $hit loads to come see. And playing god, being forceful of nature, is uncool in my opinion. At the same time, as an avid dinosaur fan, I would love to interact with a real life dinosaur. Big ass dilemma.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
07-07-2010, 12:19 AM
i am so getting a dinosaur when they come out

Alpertinator
07-07-2010, 12:22 AM
i am so getting a dinosaur when they come out.

:laugh2: Hahah, that's really funny.

stonedape
07-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm getting a Dino too...hopefully we'll domesticate them to be dog-like a la Flintstones.

And why would Noah leave all dinosaurs behind? They're not all huge, and Noah obviously has a big enough boat to take elephants, bison, rhinos, hippos, and every other heavy animal you can think of. Oh non-existent jesus why the am I debating this drivel? The story's less plausible than the Lady who Lived in a Shoe.

Mac Hiavellian
07-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Digital Spy reported Dave said it a few days ago.

Same with every religion. If people want to abide by those guidelines, seek a greater meaning, sense of spiritualism that's good for them. Let them live their lives how they want to. But I detest the salesmanship of it all. Don't ever try to force religion on a person. They should find it for themselves rather than have someone "guide" them with talk or leaflets for their own sense of self-worth

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
07-07-2010, 12:45 AM
im really excited now i hope this happens in the next 20-30 years or something my dino is gonna be so cool can you imagine if he weed on the floor or something if a dog did that you would tell him off but if a dino did it you would be like 'oh il clean that up right away sir' you wouldnt want him to eat you

Mac Hiavellian
07-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Wasn't there a lot more toxic gases in the air all those years ago thus why dinosaurs were so big and that would mean they wouldn't survive nowadays?

stonedape
07-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Wasn't there a lot more toxic gases in the air all those years ago thus why dinosaurs were so big and that would mean they wouldn't survive nowadays?

There was a lot more oxygen in the air which allowed larger species (Oxygen's also what also what allowed larger species in general after plants oxygenated the environment enough). But that doesn't mean dinos necessarily couldn't live in our environment, they just wouldn't be selected for in nature as a population.

We know humans and dinosaurs never co-existed because of the distinct fossil record, we don't even have to get into the old chestnut of radiometric dating. No one would know what you were talking about if you described a dinosaur until the 19th century.

oddballmisfitsFTW
07-07-2010, 01:16 AM
i wonder if dinosaurs ever got together at times to have a good bitch

stonedape
07-07-2010, 01:27 AM
i wonder if dinosaurs ever got together at times to have a good bitch

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HPQou-R6PDE/SnHjw7PUj-I/AAAAAAAAAd8/UcvNjKATZ8A/s400/8-ball_without_doubt.jpg

Chuckyegg
07-07-2010, 08:56 AM
I would love to hear Dave's opinion on the matter.
Oh wait..
..actually I wouldn't.....
.....I'd rather chew my own fist off.

MargeryFan
07-07-2010, 09:06 AM

There is no evidence. Just theory.

MargeryFan
07-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Mario thinks dinosaurs exist in some part of the world.

Well put. :joker:

fingers
07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I would love to hear Dave's opinion on the matter.
Oh wait..
..actually I wouldn't.....
.....I'd rather chew my own fist off.

St. Dave would organise a sloshfest just for Dinosaur lovers! lol:dance:

fingers
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
For all of you who missed St. Dave rabbitting on about his beloved sloshfests

Here is a sampling!

http://reformedpilgrim.wordpress.com/2010/06/11/david-vaughan-the-new-ecstatics-and-big-brother/