PDA

View Full Version : Josie-Opinions??

Pink Pegasus
07-07-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't really like her. She always seems to be hanging around during or after an argument, listening to all the bitching, throwing in an occasional comment herself, but is careful never to say anything too bad.I noticed this during "crispgate", she was bitching away about Sunshine out in the smoking area, then suddenly switched to saying " but I think she's a nice girl", Shabby even said-"2 seconds ago you called her a tight bitch", but all Josie has to do is laugh, and pretend she's "a bit slow", and they all laugh along and don't dwell on anything she says or does.
I realise that all of the housemates probably do this to some extent, but she seems to do it quite a lot.

Another thing I've noticed is that she seems to either be the cause of arguments, or else escalates arguments by making supposedly "innocent" comments.
She said to Govan that JJ had just given them filthy looks and was talking about them when they walked passed, when to me I didn't see him give them any look-then she made JJ confess what he had really been talking about[Ben saying Shabby rubbing her hands in glee], which started that argument.
ok-she probably wasn't to know that it would cause an argument, but I still think she made up the "filthy look" and "saying something about us" to Govan.

She kept the fuel for the crispgate argument going, by repeatedly calling Sunshine tight to to the other girls, causing them to respond and agree, and kept bringing the topic up again.

She knew Shabby was considering leaving, partly because of being called a bully, and partly because of the reaction to messing Steve and Corin's things, and she waited until Shabby was right in earshot[her & Shabby may even have just been discussing it] before calling Nathan over and bringing up the issue of smashing Steves's things, which she knew Shabby was angry about.
Notice when she called Nathan over she was like"not trying to have a go or start anything Nath,[giggle] but did you say we smashed Steve's things"
And when Shabby inevitably got involved, as the issue did involve her, Josie acts innocent "Oh I didn't mean to start anything"

Also knowing Shabby was worried about being portrayed as a bully, she told her that JJ had said that it seemed like "2 of them and 1 of her"-[Shabby and Caoimhe against Ife.

Tonight on LF, whilst talking to JJ, she just came out with "Do you think Benny ever nominated you?" knowing he's the type who would probably dwell and ponder on that-at least he had the sense to say "I can't reply to that"[rules probably], she then switched instantly to saying "well you two are quite close though/good friends"

There in the bathroom she was slagging Corin off saying that Corin thought the word psychopathic was actually psycopatrick,then says "I do like Corin" but then instantly going on about "seeing a different side to Corin", whilst the others are implying that Corin is fake.

One other little thing,I really didn't like when she said to the others in bedroom during the party, "the one thing that will upset JJ the most is if we all ignore him", now they were having a laugh at the time, but I thought it was a bit mean because I think it would be very true, and she knew that.
Also the time he was sobbing his heart out in her arms, and she just kept staring coldly and blankly ahead, and just repeated "stop being stupid"
[For the record, I'm not a huge JJ fan either]

I haven't made up my mind on her fully, maybe she doesn't purposely do the things I've mentioned, but as each occasion adds up I'm starting to get a little suspicious.-[Maybe she's a mole?]
Time will tell whether my opinions will change on her, and they may cos I don't REALLY REALLY dislike her, and do find her funny etc. at times.It's just I've never ever warmed to her, and couldn't understand the initial fuss over her, and I guess I'm wondering why she is so popular.?

I'm going to bed now, so will check back on this tomorrow to see if there's any responses.Nite all!:)

oddballmisfitsFTW
07-07-2010, 01:49 AM
I don't really like her. She always seems to be hanging around during or after an argument, listening to all the bitching, throwing in an occasional comment herself, but is careful never to say anything too bad.I noticed this during "crispgate", she was bitching away about Sunshine out in the smoking area, then suddenly switched to saying " but I think she's a nice girl", Shabby even said-"2 seconds ago you called her a tight bitch", but all Josie has to do is laugh, and pretend she's "a bit slow", and they all laugh along and don't dwell on anything she says or does.
I realise that all of the housemates probably do this to some extent, but she seems to do it quite a lot.

Another thing I've noticed is that she seems to either be the cause of arguments, or else escalates arguments by making supposedly "innocent" comments.
She said to Govan that JJ had just given them filthy looks and was talking about them when they walked passed, when to me I didn't see him give them any look-then she made JJ confess what he had really been talking about[Ben saying Shabby rubbing her hands in glee], which started that argument.
ok-she probably wasn't to know that it would cause an argument, but I still think she made up the "filthy look" and "saying something about us" to Govan.

She kept the fuel for the crispgate argument going, by repeatedly calling Sunshine tight to to the other girls, causing them to respond and agree, and kept bringing the topic up again.

She knew Shabby was considering leaving, partly because of being called a bully, and partly because of the reaction to messing Steve and Corin's things, and she waited until Shabby was right in earshot[her & Shabby may even have just been discussing it] before calling Nathan over and bringing up the issue of smashing Steves's things, which she knew Shabby was angry about.
Notice when she called Nathan over she was like"not trying to have a go or start anything Nath,[giggle] but did you say we smashed Steve's things"
And when Shabby inevitably got involved, as the issue did involve her, Josie acts innocent "Oh I didn't mean to start anything"

Also knowing Shabby was worried about being portrayed as a bully, she told her that JJ had said that it seemed like "2 of them and 1 of her"-[Shabby and Caoimhe against Ife.

Tonight on LF, whilst talking to JJ, she just came out with "Do you think Benny ever nominated you?" knowing he's the type who would probably dwell and ponder on that-at least he had the sense to say "I can't reply to that"[rules probably], she then switched instantly to saying "well you two are quite close though/good friends"

There in the bathroom she was slagging Corin off saying that Corin thought the word psychopathic was actually psycopatrick,then says "I do like Corin" but then instantly going on about "seeing a different side to Corin", whilst the others are implying that Corin is fake.

One other little thing,I really didn't like when she said to the others in bedroom during the party, "the one thing that will upset JJ the most is if we all ignore him", now they were having a laugh at the time, but I thought it was a bit mean because I think it would be very true, and she knew that.
Also the time he was sobbing his heart out in her arms, and she just kept staring coldly and blankly ahead, and just repeated "stop being stupid"

I haven't made up my mind on her fully, maybe she doesn't purposely do the things I've mentioned, but as each occasion adds up I'm starting to get a little suspicious.-[Maybe she's a mole?]
Time will tell whether my opinions will change on her, and they may cos I don't REALLY REALLY dislike her, and do find her funny etc. at times.It's just I've never ever warmed to her, and couldn't understand the initial fuss over her, and I guess I'm wondering why she is so popular.?

I'm going to bed now, so will check back on this tomorrow to see if there's any responses.Nite all!:)

this

:joker:

supergirthuk
07-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Josie = Meh

supergirthuk
07-07-2010, 01:53 AM
its just gollum with hair.

Enid
07-07-2010, 05:53 AM
TL;DR

I like her.

AndrewLee***
07-07-2010, 06:20 AM
you said she hangs around after arguments and stuff but I think Dave does the EXACT same except worse, to me he is playing a game he gets in arguments and just watches and goes and gossips after. He act like he is everyones friend and is all huggy and ily and junk then he goes and bitches about them. Dave is FAR worse and needs to go. and personally I LOVE Josie =]

setanta
07-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, always thought there was something a little off about her to be honest with you. Not the jovial carefree personality that she claims to be. She's ok but no, I wouldn't trust her.

troy4783
07-07-2010, 06:38 AM
I love her

Stacey.
07-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Can't take her. She was talking to Caoimhe last night about the Ife/bedroom situation I think it was, and she couldn't help but bring John into it! She's an idiot. Always brings him into things... it actually had nothing to do with him at all. It was Ife, Corin and Steve overreacting.

ange7
07-07-2010, 07:14 AM
amazing post xPinkpegasusx.
Nice one.
"She said to Govan that JJ had just given them filthy looks and was talking about them when they walked passed"
Yeah this p*ssed me off. JJ was supposed to be her mate but when hearing them talk about Shabbs, she and Govan thought the worst instead of giving her mate the benefit of the doubt. Then they forced him to choose between them and his friendship with Ben by demanding to know what they were really talking about. Friends don't force friends to make those choices. She's as nasty as Govan.... difference was that Govan then told Shabby despite saying he wouldn't where as Josie knew it was time to switch her face.

ange7
07-07-2010, 07:19 AM
"Tonight on LF, whilst talking to JJ, she just came out with "Do you think Benny ever nominated you?"
She's the one who constantly talks of JJ's paranoia but she's the one who feeds it. She then rubbished him about it behind his back. With a friend like Josie I'd be paranoid too.

ange7
07-07-2010, 07:24 AM
"One other little thing,I really didn't like when she said to the others in bedroom during the party, "the one thing that will upset JJ the most is if we all ignore him", now they were having a laugh at the time, but I thought it was a bit mean"
I think she fancies JJ but is afraid of rejection. She keeps going on about "oh if they bring in a new hm who is cute would you leave me?". Once or twice for a laugh is fine but she has said that loads. So to save face if they have a bust up she is publicly putting it out there that she doesn't think much of JJ ( Josie:"whatever") but privately it's all "I heart you".

Julesuk
07-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I hate the way she takes every opportunity to stick the knife into JJ when he isnt around. He never knocks her at all, I think she is becoming one of the more bitchier housemates which saddens me because I like her.

MojoNixon
07-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Josie is HOT! ****** Shabby is out already :)

terryrow
07-07-2010, 08:24 AM

you got time to write all that you need to get a life. as for josir, i dont think she is as real as she makes out to be.

Visage
07-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I think Josie is very pretty. I just wish she'd stop talking to JJ and then talking about him when he's not in the room. I can't work out if it's jealousy and she doesn't want to be seen being with the 'argumentative' type.

stonedape
07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Josie is wonderful. She's a game player and her work is near flawless. Has she even had a nomination yet?

StGeorge
07-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately there are many Josie's in society.

They act as your friend and confidant, and then go and bitch behind your back.
It's their way of making friends by relaying info about other people. Everyone is a gossip of sorts and inquisitive about those around us, and it's the Josie's that feed on that.

It's called sh1tstirring.

vesavius
07-07-2010, 11:19 AM
So much jaundiced disinformation in this post... I guess her as fav means she will get this special attention though in order to sling mud.

I don't really like her.

Ok, well it great you start off with this. At least we know you arnt approaching this pretending to be neutral or unbiased.

She always seems to be hanging around during or after an argument, listening to all the bitching, throwing in an occasional comment herself, but is careful never to say anything too bad.

Your attacking her for just being in the house in other words, and then making out the fact that she 'dosent say anything too bad' as a negative.

Ok, I see how this is going to be done.

I noticed this during "crispgate", she was bitching away about Sunshine out in the smoking area, then suddenly switched to saying " but I think she's a nice girl", Shabby even said-"2 seconds ago you called her a tight bitch".

You can call someone tight over one incident and also think they are generally ok or nice. Why would you think that wasnt normal?

Josie was the one to approach Shunny and tell her to her face that she was being seen as tight over hoarding her surplus food. Josie didnt say anything behind her back that she didnt directly to her.

Pity more of them, such as Ben, can't say that.

Does what 'quite a lot'? Bitch? Really? More then others in there? Personally I think thats horse sh1t.

If your thinking that then your just seeing what your self confessed bias wants you to see.

Another thing I've noticed is that she seems to either be the cause of arguments, or else escalates arguments by making supposedly "innocent" comments.... but I still think she made up the "filthy look" and "saying something about us" to Govan.

And why would you 'think that'? Oh yeah, your admitted dislike (and by defintion bias).

she knew Shabby was considering leaving.... "Oh I didn't mean to start anything"

The thing is she didnt 'start anything', she was explaining her own position in the matter to Nathan.

God, your making her out to be responsible for anyone's reactions to anything thats said in the general area she is in... Ludicrous

she says "I do like Corin" but then instantly going on about "seeing a different side to Corin", whilst the others are implying that Corin is fake

She does like Corin, but we have all seen a different side to Corin. Thats all she said.

Once more you are just making her try to look bad by associated attachment to others or proximity to events.

This really looks like you are scrabbling now tbh.

I haven't made up my mind on her fully

Oh of course you have.... Oh wait though, you are actually approaching this pretending to be neutral or unbiased now? Thats a change from the start.

I guess I'm wondering why she is so popular.?

Because others without another favourite HM to support (in a negative way by slinging mud at others) see everything you have talked about in very different ways and don't twist every situation that Josie happens to be near into her doing in order to try and make her into something she isnt.

Look, shall I tell you what I really think after reading this very jaundiced account?

I think you do get why people like Josie, and that you feel very threatened by her in terms of BB by those reasons.

I think that you just prefer another HM (probably Ben yes?) and see her as a threat to him/ her. I think that you don't actually have that much to say about Josie, so you try and attach whatever bad that happens around her to her and try to make her look guility by association. I think this lack of real issues to attack her on actually shows how well she is doing and not how badly.

bansheewails
07-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I love Josie and nothing she has done or said has changed my opinion of her. She reminds me of my friends out for a good time, love a gossip and a laugh. :D

smudgie
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
:dance: Josie to win for me.

fruit_cake
07-07-2010, 12:06 PM
i didn't like josie because of the way she treated sunshine in crispgate, and she's very negative about JJ all the time.. but she has some good things too, she is funny and isn't vane like corin. I like the way she stood up to nathan just before raincloud of doom-gate

tpau21
07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
love her to bits

JEJ
07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I agree with everything the OP has observed but Josie's still my current favourite (we're not exactly spoilt for choice though.)

InOne
07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I still like Josie and that, but don't think she should of laughed at Shabby just when she was on the verge of leaving. Shabby even went "Why is that funny"

delnaja
07-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I think theres a side to josie not yet seen.

I reckon theres a foul bitchy temper stashed away and a few ciders and it will come crashing out.

Livia
07-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't like Josie AT ALL. She tries too hard to be funny, she is totally aware of the cameras and some of the things she says make me cringe. If some pretty girls go in on Friday, watch how fast JJ drops her. I think we'll see a bit more of the real Josie then.

bbfan1991
07-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I like Josie a lot, she is entertaining and funny to me.. she has shown a bit of a darker side too but at least she isn't sitting on the fence or unlike Steve and Corin will sail through to the final;).

vesavius
07-07-2010, 02:07 PM

I reckon theres a foul bitchy temper stashed away and a few ciders and it will come crashing out.

maybe talk what you have seen rather then what you havent?

*filed in the 'just more mud slinging with no real events or proof to talk about' drawer with all the others.*

Visage
07-07-2010, 02:07 PM

Yes, I think there is more to her than what we've seen.

Pink Pegasus
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Vesavious- I didn't just have an automatic bias which made me see things she did in a bad light. I didn't have any real strong opinions on her at first, it was her actions that I've outlined that cause me to dislike her, so I think you are incorrect to say that I only have these opinions for the sake of "mud slinging" or that I only have these opinions because I already dislike her-I didn't already dislike her or have any bias to begin with, it was her very actions that caused me to dislike her.

When I said "I haven't made my mind up fully on her yet", I'm not pretending to be neutral.
I don't really like her as I've stated, but I don't hate her either. There are people I like even less than her in the house.
The thing I haven't made my mind up on about her, is whether or not I am right in my suspicions that she causes arguments. I haven't made my mind up fully whether she does it on purpose, or if she just seems to put her foot in it at times. I am suspicious of her though.

I guess it all depends on how each person reads the situations that we are shown. I see her actions in a way that makes me suspicious, you see things in a different light in which her actions are more favorable.
Some examples:
You see that she said things to Sunshine's face-which I agree she did. I also saw that whenever the conversation started to die down over the crisps, Josie kept bringing it up again to the other girls.

You see her as only explaining her side of things to Nathan. I see her as doing it right beside Shabby, when they had just been discussing it, she knew Shabby was mad about it, she knew it was part of Shabby's reasons for wanting to leave, yet she still decided to bring the issue up right there and then,right beside Shabby, all the while knowing Shabby was very angry about the situation.

Regarding "seeing another side to Corin", in your opinion that's all she said. Don't have anything wrong with her saying that, it was more the context she said it in. A conversation was taking place regarding Corin being fake, and hiding her true self when she said it, to me it appeared she was agreeing that she believes Corin is fake, but then says she likes her?

Again we just read the situations differently. I'm not attempting to prove anything, I'm just giving my opinions and my take on a housemate, which everybody on this forum does. I've given my reasons for them, and obviously not everyone will agree with my reasons. I'm willing to accept that my suspicions about her may be wrong, but they are still there nonetheless. You appear to be a fan, and if so of course will not see things in the same light as me.

As for seeing her as "a threat" to Ben[who yes I am a fan of,but can still acknowledge his faults], I don't really think of the housemates in those terms. I don't actually care if she's popular, just wondering the reasons behind it. The only person in that house who I actually really, really do NOT want to win is Caoimhe.

Anyhow thanks to everyone for their replies and opinions.:)

Julie10
07-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I know I am not keen on her at all. I don't like JJs attitude but Josie knows he has a problem and for the pass few days she has been awful to him. If she was a real friend she'd have stuck with him and not isolate him she just became negative and to me laughed and teased him and was not supportive by having digs at him to get him arguing with her.

Especially the day of the party she behaved badly that day and the next day towards him. Now she is back with him because it suits her to be. She started off the argument which led to Shabby leaving. If she was a friend of Nathan she would have asked him that question on his own and not infront of people involved in the bedroom incident.

She also is all up Caoihme arse now and being funny towards Ife when Caoihme had nothing to do with her up until Shabby left. She is a trouble maker waiting to jump on any negative situation and make it worse but trying to come across as nice but dim.

bansheewails
07-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Tonights highlights and todays LF have made me love her even more. Josie is hilarious. :laugh:

vesavius
07-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Vesavious- I didn't just have an automatic bias which made me see things she did in a bad light.

Well, so you say. I will never know that I guess.

When I said "I haven't made my mind up fully on her yet", I'm not pretending to be neutral.

Sorry, don't buy that at all.

The fact that you presented an overwhelmingly negative take on everything, even blaming her for arguments that she just happened to be in the same room as, didnt demonstrate to me that you were in the middle of any decision making process or indeed that you brought any clarity or objectiveness to your post.

If you had been at all balanced in your points I would have taken you a little more seriously as a valid commentator, but as it is...? Nah, sorry.

It all just came across as shilling tbh.

As for seeing her as "a threat" to Ben[who yes I am a fan of]. I don't actually care if she's popular, just wondering the reasons behind it.

I thought you was tbh, I wonder why I guessed that right? I would also guess that you post mainly on DS forums?

As for why is she popular? Just read my sig I guess.