PDA

View Full Version : The Editing...

iRyan
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
It's really starting to annoy me. BBUK usually is a show that isn't biased, but this series it seems like producers are opting out of showing scenes because it may look one of their favorites 'look bad'.

For example, not showing Corin completely going off on Caiomhe. They hardly showed ANY of it. Which pissed me off as a Corin fan. She's not all nice and fake as people think, she has a mouth on her too (which I like) but they never show it.

Also, not showing Steve's meltdown either. What is up with that?

It needs to stop. Producers need to let viewers form their own opinions not try to influence people into liking particular people.

Basically what they want, is to make the current favorites continue to look as good as possible so people still have people to root for.

_Seth
07-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I agree with this. HMs have been misrepresented SO much, and it's ****ing retarded how nothing good or fair is shown.

Chels
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I love how they're trying to save John James as well by not showing him picking on Ben :rolleyes:

smudgie
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I think the Corin and Steve going ballisitic incident was not shown as it was an early show the next night (at 8), you can not show all that swearing etc before nine. Ther next day is too late to show it as new coverage is shown.

fingers
07-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I think the Corin and Steve going ballisitic incident was not shown as it was an early show the next night (at 8), you can not show all that swearing etc before nine. Ther next day is too late to show it as new coverage is shown.

How very convenient! :joker:

_Seth
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM

Umm ever heard of censorship? I wouldn't mind if there was constant bleeping! At least it would represent the HMs properly.

karezza
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Watch how they edit the show to have Nathan evicted.

starry
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM
They have been biased for years. To see who they support just watch BBLB and BBBM. If it wasn't about votes to evict but to save they wouldn't try and build up hatred for HMs as well. They always push showmances as well. And they give secret tasks to whoever they want to give airtime to. Their manipulation has just increased over the years, particularly from BB7 onwards. If it was more neutral it would be a more interesting program as viewers could see situations as much more complex than they want to paint them as.

MojoNixon
07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
It's really starting to annoy me. BBUK usually is a show that isn't biased, but this series it seems like producers are opting out of showing scenes because it may look one of their favorites 'look bad'.

For example, not showing Corin completely going off on Caiomhe. They hardly showed ANY of it. Which pissed me off as a Corin fan. She's not all nice and fake as people think, she has a mouth on her too (which I like) but they never show it.

It needs to stop. Producers need to let viewers form their own opinions not try to influence people into liking particular people.

Basically what they want, is to make the current favorites continue to look as good as possible so people still have people to root for.

Well, they did that with shabby all the time. Thank god it is over now.

Lex
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM

Of course ...You're right!

But we must have been watching the entire 11 years series through different glasses...if you believe that ....this is something new!!

MojoNixon
07-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I love how they're trying to save John James as well by not showing him picking on Ben :rolleyes:

Exactly. Shabby fans/Steve haters are bitter and confused all the time.

Julesuk
07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
the thing is it might be biased but most of the people that vote practically watch it 24/7 so they get to see moreless everything so have the true picture

starry
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
the thing is it might be biased but most of the people that vote practically watch it 24/7 so they get to see moreless everything so have the true picture

No, I don't think most people that vote watch that much of it, they only the HLs. And of course voting is unfair anyway, it's not like one person one vote. That's why Endemol edit some people badly so they can encourage more people to vote more times for someone, so they can make more money.

vesavius
07-07-2010, 10:23 AM

Been saying this for a while.

The truth is BBuk has always been biased, massively in fact. The edit has always been harsh and directed to create a 'story'. You are probably just noticing it because we havent had LF for a while and comparing LF and HL shows it up.

It's one one main reasons they tool LF away (too allow them more freedom to manipulate the scenes) and it's one one of the main reasons a lot of us campaigned to bring it back (to keep them honest)

The fact is though, it hasnt kept them honest, they have just carried on as before and said 'fuk you idiots' to us.

The problem is is that fans here support biased editing when it shows their fav in a good light, and hate it when it dosent. There is no objectivity about the issue. We should all hate it no matter what in order to get an honest show, but fanbois dont give a sh1t about honest as long as they are 'winning'. (for as long as that lasts).

It's not just the edit in who they show doing what either, entire scenes are maipulated (people removed, time order changed etc) in order to tell the story BB want to tell. What you see on the HL has nothing to do with reality.

We should all hate this, as it is taking us all for morons. the thing is we can't condone it for one HM and hate it for others... to tell BB we wont have it we have to be adults and point it out objectively whenever we see it, if it suits our favs or not. The one thing we should all agree on is an as honest as possible show.

That will never happen though, and so BB will carry on and we will be treated the way we ask to be. Like morons.

One of the things that people forget about this show is that there is a lot of mony involved via betting on it, and where there is money there is corruption and fixing. Nothing you see is by accident.

Bens editing has been amazingly kind, he hasnt been the man on LF that has been painted on the HLs at all, (he has been much much nastier) as has Corins and Steves (with as you say entire rages mostly or entirely cut out), whereas Shabby and Govan had obviously one sided cuts showing their b1tching or rages and nothing else of them (obviously the stories BB wanted to tell about them). As much as I hated Shinsine for her victim thing, the power of the hatchet was obvious in the show they put together before her evicition... People lap it up and it flips opinions overnight.

Nathan is now the target as they seek to save JJ and will be getting assasinated this week.

vesavius
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
No, I don't think most people that vote watch that much of it, they only the HLs.

I agree. And most don't look at the forums either, just the main site (which ofc supports the edit)

syzefree333
07-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Been saying this for a while.

The truth is BBuk has always been biased, massively in fact. The edit has always been harsh and directed to create a 'story'. You are probably just noticing it because we havent had LF for a while and comparing LF and HL shows it up.

It's one one main reasons they tool LF away (too allow them more freedom to manipulate the scenes) and it's one one of the main reasons a lot of us campaigned to bring it back (to keep them honest)

The fact is though, it hasnt kept them honest, they have just carried on as before and said 'fuk you idiots' to us.

The problem is is that fans here support biased editing when it shows their fav in a good light, and hate it when it dosent. There is no objectivity about the issue. We should all hate it no matter what in order to get an honest show, but fanbois dont give a sh1t about honest as long as they are 'winning'. (for as long as that lasts).

It's not just the edit in who they show doing what either, entire scenes are maipulated (people removed, time order changed etc) in order to tell the story BB want to tell. What you see on the HL has nothing to do with reality.

We should all hate this, as it is taking us all for morons. the thing is we can't condone it for one HM and hate it for others... to tell BB we wont have it we have to be adults and point it out objectively whenever we see it, if it suits our favs or not. The one thing we should all agree on is an as honest as possible show.

That will never happen though, and so BB will carry on and we will be treated the way we ask to be. Like morons.

One of the things that people forget about this show is that there is a lot of mony involved via betting on it, and where there is money there is corruption and fixing. Nothing you see is by accident.

Bens editing has been amazingly kind, he hasnt been the man on LF that has been painted on the HLs at all, (he has been much much nastier) as has Corins and Steves (with as you say entire rages mostly or entirely cut out), whereas Shabby and Govan had obviously one sided cuts showing their b1tching or rages and nothing else of them (obviously the stories BB wanted to tell about them). As much as I hated Shinsine for her victim thing, the power of the hatchet was obvious in the show they put together before her evicition... People lap it up and it flips opinions overnight.

Nathan is now the target as they seek to save JJ and will be getting assasinated this week.

i have never watched live feed so this has come as a big shock to me..its amazing what they can do with editing..they create complete fiction which is a shame because my whole point of watching bb all these yrs, was because it was 'reality' but it so isnt, so i suppose this last bb has taught me a lesson..that its a soap opera really!

DrunkerThanMoses
07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
They always do it, they never showed Bens bitching about mario last week, and he was horrible about him.

They just do it to try and make us root for a baddy, and make them ou worse then hitler

Patrick
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
They are leaving ALOT of stuff out tbh, Leaving Steve's rant out pissed me off.

starry
07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
They always do it, they never showed Bens bitching about mario last week, and he was horrible about him.

They just do it to try and make us root for a baddy

They never showed much of his bitching in the first weeks either, he was belittling Sunshine to anyone who would listen while still having her in his group.

Firewire
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm a bit pissed at the editing too.

DrunkerThanMoses
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
They never showed much of his bitching in the first weeks either, he was belittling Sunshine to anyone who would listen while still having her in his group.

hes doing it now on live feed again about mario, im sure this wont be shown know, Ben cant do wrong is this forum :sleep:

vesavius
07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
hes doing it now on live feed again about mario, im sure this wont be shown know, Ben cant do wrong is this forum :sleep:

oh, trust me, he can ;)

theres actually a strong element here that sees the truth of him beyond his edit, it's just that those that don't are as loud and maybe more rabid.

InOne
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Nathan god a god awful HL lastnight. And they slipped JJ in cheekily at the end, nice and cosy with Josie. They are gonna give him more bad HL's no doubt. There is no way the golder Aussie boy is going. He is 10x worse than Nathan, can't believe people focus on this Shabby thing. Just shows what short memories people have.

arista
07-07-2010, 12:55 PM

But it was shown Pre 9PM adult Viewing.
it was on at 8PM.

Thats why Editing was stronger.

Mr XcX
07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
It is unfair, they should at least be fair and edit it in terms of how the vote is going. For example (If it was a Keeva and JJ eviction), if Keeva was on 90% give JJ a bad edit to balance vote etc.

vesavius
07-07-2010, 12:58 PM
i have never watched live feed so this has come as a big shock to me..its amazing what they can do with editing..they create complete fiction which is a shame because my whole point of watching bb all these yrs, was because it was 'reality' but it so isnt, so i suppose this last bb has taught me a lesson..that its a soap opera really!

yeah, sorry to say they have been playing you for a long time. :(

Some of the manipulated shots I have seen, of the same situation but showing entire people removed or put in vis computer as suits BB, are mad.

The show is indeed entire fiction, though it is only because we let them get away with it.

This is probably the one issue that we should all put our squabbles away and agree on. It's in all our interests ultimately to have a honest as possible show and not be taken for idiots.

muchadoaboutnothing
07-07-2010, 12:58 PM
I am also very annoyed that the left Steve's tantrums out of the HL show. I'm also annoyed that the 'Sex Education' show has taken the time slot of BB. I always presumed that the 9pm watershed was because any swearing or discussion of a sexual nature was to stop kids from watching. It seems to me that BB wants to keep Steve in. Remember Lisa last year and how she was edited and saved on numerous occassions?

Mr XcX
07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm also annoyed that the 'Sex Education' show

Well teens need to know what they do not do to get on Jeremy Kyle show.