PDA

View Full Version : Haha Ben has no idea who Wolverine is

Alpertinator
07-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Ben: Who's Wolverine?

Mario: He's an X-Man!

Ben: I don't understand so what... is he from a film or something?

Haha wow, Ben really is very independent minded. If he has no reason to have knowledge of something or someone famous, he won't. Simples. Kind of in his own little world.

lol
07-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Ben's funny. :P

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 02:40 PM
maybe they are not the sort of movies he likes,me neither ,although it is worth a watch just for Hugh Jackman!lol

flamingGalah!
07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Not everyone likes silly comic book into movie films...

mizzy25
07-07-2010, 02:44 PM
classic ben hes brilliant

Frank E
07-07-2010, 04:26 PM
I had to look that up on Wiki too.

chuff me dizzy
07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I didnt know who he was either ,until everyone last year was comparing Mucus to him ,I then googled him

oddballmisfitsFTW
07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
they should all do an xmen task

Ben: Magneto
Steve: Xavier
JJ: Cyclops
Nathan: Sabretooth :joker:
Ife: Storm
Corin: Mystique phwoooar :hugesmile:
Josie: Beast
Mario: Nightcrawler
Dave: Toad :joker:
Shabby: Jean Grey
Quaver: can **** :tongue:

Alpertinator
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow I had no idea so many people could not know who Wolverine is, since superheroes are rammed down our throats daily (I'm not a superhero fan, it's not neccesary to be an avid comic book reader and superhero film watcher in order to know who Wolverine is).

Certain demographics would be clueless, like grandparents for example.

...X-Men task could be pretty cool now that Ben has said that. It'd be funny to see him all confused as to what all this random $hit is. I reckon everyone else in there is familiar with X-Men other than Ben.

WOMBAI
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM

Haha wow, Ben really is very independent minded. If he has no reason to have knowledge of something or someone famous, he won't. Simples. Kind of in his own little world.

I can't believe you think Wolverine is so 'big' that everyone should know who he is! ffs he's just a comic-book character! :sleep:

muchadoaboutnothing
07-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I had never heard of Wolverine until it was pointed out how Marcus looked like him last year. So it is hardly a critism of Ben that he has not heard of Wolverine. In fact it goes to show what better taste he has than to know about comic book idiots.

WOMBAI
07-07-2010, 05:43 PM
I had never heard of Wolverine until it was pointed out how Marcus looked like him last year. So it is hardly a critism of Ben that he has not heard of Wolverine. In fact it goes to show what better taste he has than to know about comic book idiots.

This!

Alpertinator
07-07-2010, 05:45 PM
[quote]I can't believe you think Wolverine is so 'big' that everyone should know who he is! ffs he's just a comic-book character![quote]

Well there's been at least four Wolverine films. Each huge, big budget films advertised all over the place that have practically been shoved down the publics throat (a la Twilight, Transformers etc.). Plus I first became familiar with Wolverine and X-Men watching this animated X-Men television show when I was a kid, and the X-Men are not a thing before Bens' time either.

I just found it really funny how he reacted when Mario mentioned Wolverine, like he had no idea whatsoever. He didn't even ask "You mean he looks lika a wolverine?" as if he's not even familiar with the word itself. As if the word wolverine is to him a word that could be entirely made up.

pixee
07-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I like comics etc ..obviously so i know who he is but it doesn't suprise me that someone doesn't?

Alpertinator
07-07-2010, 05:51 PM
No but Ben seemed entirely unfamiliar with the word wolverine... like had he never even heard the word? Doesn't even know there's an animal called wolverine?

Tom4784
07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I can't believe you think Wolverine is so 'big' that everyone should know who he is! ffs he's just a comic-book character! :sleep:

No need to get agressive Wombai.

Wolverine and the X-men are a part of pop culture, they've been prevailant through films in the 00's and were huge through cartoons and merchandise in the 80's and 90's. Not everyone's familiar with the comics but a lot of people would know who Wolverine is, especially if they grew up in these three decades.

Not saying that Ben should know, it's just interesting that he's unaware of it all.

oddballmisfitsFTW
07-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Ben meets Wolverine

Wolverine: ok Ben, Im gonna rip you in pieces with my claws
Ben: I'm sure thats true, but if I may say for a moment, I do like your costume
Wolverine: listen up I'm not joking, I'm gonna slice you into little pieces
Ben: well that's not very nice

:joker:

WOMBAI
07-07-2010, 06:04 PM
No need to get agressive Wombai.

Wolverine and the X-men are a part of pop culture, they've been prevailant through films in the 00's and were huge through cartoons and merchandise in the 80's and 90's. Not everyone's familiar with the comics but a lot of people would know who Wolverine is, especially if they grew up in these three decades.

Not saying that Ben should know, it's just interesting that he's unaware of it all.

Ah - you had to get that one in didn't you! :joker: I don't even compare to some! :xyxwave:

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Ben meets Wolverine

Wolverine: ok Ben, Im gonna rip you in pieces with my claws
Ben: I'm sure thats true, but if I may say for a moment, I do like your costume
Wolverine: listen up I'm not joking, I'm gonna slice you into little pieces
Ben: well that's not very nice

:joker:

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Tom4784
07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Ah - you had to get that one in didn't you! :joker: I don't even compare to some! :xyxwave:

No, I'd say you're among the worst. You just jump on people for no reason.

InOne
07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
So Ben is part of the 'Media Circle' and doesn't know who Wolverine is? No wonder me makes no money from his job :joker:

WOMBAI
07-07-2010, 06:24 PM
No, I'd say you're among the worst. You just jump on people for no reason.

No - I got nothing on some of your mates! :joker:

Tom4784
07-07-2010, 10:52 PM
No - I got nothing on some of your mates! :joker:

Keep thinking that, at least they aren't hypocritical about it and they don't jump on people for no reason.

wilful_woodpecker
07-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I haven't a clue about wolverine; just done a google search, and the comic book characters came before the animals (which I DO know about)

last year had no idea about why Marcus was compared to it ...

Robertocarlo
08-07-2010, 12:06 AM

To be perfectly honest I have no idea who Wolverine is either??

Visage
08-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Classic Ben