PDA

View Full Version : Why Like Ben?

Hooo
07-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Now, I watch Live Feed and the highlights show and understand BB do edit out alot... But I don't understand what all the love for Ben is about..

An example being today, he spent roughly 5 hours bitching about Mario to anybody who would listen, he repeated his case about an apple and not sharing more times than I care to count, however he then hypocritically says JJ has problems for going on and on and on... Err, k..

I've also always been a firm believer of team work, and being a Fireman I am sure you can see why. I know if Ben was in our ranks he would say "Oh looks a bit hot in there, might singe a hair.."

Now, BB is a gameshow, you watch it to entertain you and the contract states (Don't quote me) that you will participate in tasks etc, the fact he hardly ever does when it doesn't suit him just shows a major flaw in an essential skill.

Now please, tell me that you love Ben as he is an individual and stands up for what he feels is right, but if you were in that house and you had to eat Lentils and have cold water because Ben doesn't regard others welfare above his own (Selfish is the term you would call anybody else who does this) you would not put up with it..

As I see it, he is a terrible housemate and although it may seem like he is sticking it to the man (BB) ultimately all I see is a selfish, lying, manipulative man.

Not once did I mention he was posh, so the anti discriminating group can just lay off that one for a minute..

If I have missed something then please, please tell me.. I do not know for the life of me why anybody would like Ben.

Deliverance
07-07-2010, 08:12 PM
As I see it, he is a terrible housemate and although it may seem like he is sticking it to the man (BB) ultimately all I see is a selfish, lying, manipulative man.

If I have missed something then please, please tell me.. I do not know for the life of me why anybody would like Ben.
Yes I agree. I was thinking the same today. He talks in peoples ears non stop in the same monotone voice. Plus he constantly backtracks on his opinions like a tory politician.

The man is truly awful and has shown contempt for people that he considers the lower classes i.e. He called the BB crowd a 'Mob' in a contemptuos way and he decribed JJ's lifestyle of eating mcDonalds and stuff in an equally contemptuous way.

To me the guy is a wanabe snob and pretty ignorent to boot.

King Gizzard
07-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I would say there is more hate than anything for him on this forum..

Shiloh
07-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I can't really explain why I like him, I just do. The same reason people like the other housemates.. it's all to do with taste. Most people hate Caiomhe, but there are some who love her. Though to be honest I just don't have strong opinions on many of the other housemates.

bansheewails
07-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't like him. He is lazy, arrogant, self opinionated, self important and did i mention lazy? He behaves like Lord of the manor and everyone esle is his serf. booo ben

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm fed up of explaining,and i don't think many understand anyway,so I'll just say Ben is the best HM for me.

MeMyselfAndI
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM
i like ben :)

King Gizzard
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM
He just entertains me, I think hes a tit, but a harmless, funny tit. And the poshness makes me laugh

Been my co-favourite with Dave since week 1

Hooo
07-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure if its because I'm looking from the opinion that 'If I was in the house...' What would I be annoyed about'.

The fact I've only recently joined this Forum also and for one reason was to find out from Ben fans why they like him in a non-rude way, to get the answer that you are fed up of telling people why not just not post here and save some more of your precious time?

Thanks for your help ..

Stacey.
07-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Ben's alright. Acted nice to Shabby mainly in there though, but as soon as she'd gone, he was saying she 'walks like a man'. He keeps doing things to put me off him again, as soon as I've got to like him.

Jords
07-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Bit eccentric, makes me laugh - find him hilarious and love his impressions.
Also provides good conversations, sticks to his opinions and is generally quite odd, in a good way. :)

Angus
07-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Why do I love Ben? Because I do, and I'm not even going to bother trying to explain, because if you dislike him you just won't get it and that's fine. For me he's in my top 5 HMs of all time, and has been my favourite in the house since day 1.

After all I really don't get why anyone likes Corin, Keeva, Nathan, JJ, Josie, and Ife, and I certainly didn't get why anyone liked Shabby, Rachael or Sunshine, but each to their own. Just as we like different sorts of people in our day to day life we also like different types of HMs. What's wrong with that?

InOne
07-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Can't stand Ben, all whispers and bitching.

Hooo
07-07-2010, 08:40 PM
One thing that really annoyed me was when John was talking to somebody else, Ben was sitting next to Josie and whispered something into her ear, can't remember exactly what, but it was

"Oh John he is so something or other.."

It's a snide comment to make, before that point obviously I was disappointed in his lack of team work, something I find essential on this show particularly regarding shopping budgets etc..

Appreciate the people that do respond, reason I thought there was so much Ben love was because of Digital Spy.. I'm not prepared to pay to use a Forum, not because I'm tight but because it's a tad silly.

Anyway, on there everyone talks like Ben in silly threads telling other Ben fans to save their money on saving Ben in a week or two..

Like.. -.-

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
07-07-2010, 08:41 PM
i like firemen

Hooo
07-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Bit eccentric, makes me laugh - find him hilarious and love his impressions.
Also provides good conversations, sticks to his opinions and is generally quite odd, in a good way. :)

Do you not find JJ sticks to his opinions?

I'm a bit confused as to why you want JJ out over Nathan.

It's been 4 weeks, if you can't shine even slightly in 4 weeks I don't understand why you would not want Nathan out.. Only reason I see is tactical voting because JJ nominates Ben.

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure if its because I'm looking from the opinion that 'If I was in the house...' What would I be annoyed about'.

The fact I've only recently joined this Forum also and for one reason was to find out from Ben fans why they like him in a non-rude way, to get the answer that you are fed up of telling people why not just not post here and save some more of your precious time?

Thanks for your help ..

Didn't like any of them at first,Then came here on the forums and read about this Ben fellow and wondered what all the hoo ha was about him,so i started to watch him more closely and I felt he wasn't being fairly represented on the forum this one in particular,as people can deny it but many don't like him because he is 'posh' and is different to most people they meet,I watched Shabby and most of the vultures tear him apart in that first week and I thought their behaviour towards him was dispicable,I was pleased when he was saved from eviction as he really thought he was going and since then he has grown on me ,I like that he is not afraid to tell people he is lazy etc,and that he is not bothered about saying the truth about other people,some call it bitching,call it what you will,but the guy can always explainwhy he thinks as he does,ben is not perfect far from it we all bitch,lie and yes we are lazy sometimes,i did not like the unfair vile names posters were calling him,which really was a contradiction of what they called him,and most of all he has made me and family/friend laugh so much,so like it or lump it,that is why i support Ben.I also like Josie.Corin and Dave are ok too,I suppose it was this forum that made me support him.

Jords
07-07-2010, 08:50 PM

It's been 4 weeks, if you can't shine even slightly in 4 weeks I don't understand why you would not want Nathan out.. Only reason I see is tactical voting because JJ nominates Ben.

Yes but JJ does it in a very very argumentative way. He even turns situations which were originally quite light-hearted into a serious debate which causes petty drama.

He gets away with bitching just because he is 'fit', whereas many of the others that have dabbled into a bit of bitching are penalised for it. Just find him very aragont and sly, trying to make himself look good and innocent where he can.

Good housemate, but not a likable person imo.

Hooo
07-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Didn't like any of them at first,Then came here on the forums and read about this Ben fellow and wondered what all the hoo ha was about him,so i started to watch him more closely and I felt he wasn't being fairly represented on the forum this one in particular,as people can deny it but many don't like him because he is 'posh' and is different to most people they meet,I watched Shabby and most of the vultures tear him apart in that first week and I thought their behaviour towards him was dispicable,I was pleased when he was saved from eviction as he really thought he was going and since then he has grown on me ,I like that he is not afraid to tell people he is lazy etc,and that he is not bothered about saying the truth about other people,some call it bitching,call it what you will,but the guy can always explainwhy he thinks as he does,ben is not perfect far from it we all bitch,lie and yes we are lazy sometimes,i did not like the unfair vile names posters were calling him,which really was a contradiction of what they called him,and most of all he has made me and family/friend laugh so much,so like it or lump it,that is why i support Ben.I also like Josie.Corin and Dave are ok too,I suppose it was this forum that made me support him.

I can understand that you feel Ben supports others.

But I don't understand that even though he admits to being lazy you like that. I don't think being lazy and knowing it, and even to an extent bragging about it is admirable in any shape or form.

Don't get me wrong, but if I was on Big Brother, or even if you was you would take part in tasks and you would hope your fellow house mates would in order to give you food for the coming week.

That's my main beef.

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 08:55 PM

JJ is the biggest hypocrite in the house

Hooo
07-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Yes but JJ does it in a very very argumentative way. He even turns situations which were originally quite light-hearted into a serious debate which causes petty drama.

He gets away with bitching just because he is 'fit', whereas many of the others that have dabbled into a bit of bitching are penalised for it. Just find him very aragont and sly, trying to make himself look good and innocent where he can.

Good housemate, but not a likable person imo.

He is very volatile I agree, he has his buttons and they are very easy to press, many people know this, including Josie who has started arguments he has been made to look the worse in.

I can understand what he did to Rachael was not cool, but he had his reasons and however much people want to disagree he outright told her and didn't just bitch behind her back.

But I do apologise, this thread isn't about JJ! But Ben :P

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I can understand that you feel Ben supports others.

But I don't understand that even though he admits to being lazy you like that. I don't think being lazy and knowing it, and even to an extent bragging about it is admirable in any shape or form.

Don't get me wrong, but if I was on Big Brother, or even if you was you would take part in tasks and you would hope your fellow house mates would in order to give you food for the coming week.

That's my main beef.

I don't like the fact he is lazy,but i do like the fact he is not afraid to tell people.He does not say all the right things to look good to the public,infact the opposite,he is not currying favour in any shape or form,Ben did infact win the rest of the shopping budget with his stand up routine and yes he was a pain not taking his punishment,but i don't see that as any reason to slate him as he was slated and the hate,well that is something else.and imo BB is not JUST about tasks it is about entertainment and I think Ben is giving that .

oddballmisfitsFTW
07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Ben is TV gold at times and is the funniest housemate in there

Ben to win :dance:

stonedape
07-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I will never understand how people became so obsessed with moralizing on such an inherently immoral show. He's the lead character, and he's earned it. If you want to root for someone good at heart go watch BB9. It's riveting :sleep:.

camertone
07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Now, I watch Live Feed and the highlights show and understand BB do edit out alot... But I don't understand what all the love for Ben is about..

An example being today, he spent roughly 5 hours bitching about Mario to anybody who would listen, he repeated his case about an apple and not sharing more times than I care to count, however he then hypocritically says JJ has problems for going on and on and on... Err, k..

I've also always been a firm believer of team work, and being a Fireman I am sure you can see why. I know if Ben was in our ranks he would say "Oh looks a bit hot in there, might singe a hair.."

Now, BB is a gameshow, you watch it to entertain you and the contract states (Don't quote me) that you will participate in tasks etc, the fact he hardly ever does when it doesn't suit him just shows a major flaw in an essential skill.

Now please, tell me that you love Ben as he is an individual and stands up for what he feels is right, but if you were in that house and you had to eat Lentils and have cold water because Ben doesn't regard others welfare above his own (Selfish is the term you would call anybody else who does this) you would not put up with it..

Not once did I mention he was posh, so the anti discriminating group can just lay off that one for a minute..

Totally agree with ya!! I dislike Ben and Dave the most. People who like Ben are certainly delusional. Ben looks down on his housemates, thinks he is better than them, he often insults them and even their families, always points out their flaws and forgets his own. Ben is so vain, selfish, never gets his hands dirty, has no common sense about life, politically uneducated, has no ability to apologize, thinks he's never wrong, and when he does apologize, there's no sincerity, he is fake, and he never completes tasks, is full of complaints and excuses. Ben steals food and is lazy, spoiled, is a pathetic excuse for a man. He is not loyal and has no backbone. And all these are facts and have already been proven.

Hooo
07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
His stand up routine, which made him centre of attention he thrived in, as would most people who are self-centered.

I guess we think differently as to Ben, but it's nothing I will argue about. Each to their own opinion, I do appreciate you explaining your point more thoroughly also Kazanne.

Also, I don't mind Ben changing my mind, I don't dislike someone all the time. If he does something which I find decent I will not be afraid to say that, but I had to post about it after watching bits and pieces of his 5 hour Live feed rant about Mario.. Oh it's lucky I'm enduring enough.

bbfan1991
07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I do like Ben, he seems a nice guy but then I see that there can be an unpleasant side which fair enough we all have.. the problem I have is that every time he digs himself into a right hole when he is involved in arguments etc and makes things worse for himself.

Hooo
07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I will never understand how people became so obsessed with moralizing on such an inherently immoral show. He's the lead character, and he's earned it. If you want to root for someone good at heart go watch BB9. It's riveting :sleep:.

It's really quite easy to relate your morals with any given situation. Whether it be real life or as you say an immoral show.

Also, all I root for are people whom I find make the show entertaining for me. That is not Ben but I find JJ easy to relate to.

I'm sorry if that upsets you to such an extent that you want me to watch BB9 again, but like I say, I didn't ask the question for an argument and that's more what you are leading towards with your comments.

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Totally agree with ya!! I dislike Ben and Dave the most. People who like Ben are certainly delusional. Ben looks down on his housemates, thinks he is better than them, he often insults them and even their families, always points out their flaws and forgets his own. Ben is so vain, selfish, never gets his hands dirty, has no common sense about life, politically uneducated, has no ability to apologize, thinks he's never wrong, and when he does apologize, there's no sincerity, he is fake, and he never completes tasks, is full of complaints and excuses. Ben steals food and is lazy, spoiled, is a pathetic excuse for a man. He is not loyal and has no backbone. And all these are facts and have already been proven.

You may think because we do not agree with you we are delusional,that is your opinion,my opinion of people who call people that because they do not agree is really not postable.

Livia
07-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I think Ben is highly amusing. His quotes thread is hilarious. He's funny without him really being aware that he's being funny. He has a sense of a bygone era about him that I find entertaining in a Noel Coward-esque/An England Gone Forever kind of way. I can imagine him in a dinner suit, tinkling on a piano, sipping a Gin and It at the Ritz, being terribly amusing while air raid sirens wail outside. I kind of admire his "I don't want to do it, so I'm not going to do it" attitude (although if I worked with Ben - and unfortunately for me I do mix with people like him in my job - I'd probably want to choke him).

I can see why some people don't like him, and I can see that he has traits that are neither admirable nor positive... but I like him despite them.

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 09:19 PM

Total tosh.

Kazanne
07-07-2010, 09:23 PM
His stand up routine, which made him centre of attention he thrived in, as would most people who are self-centered.

I guess we think differently as to Ben, but it's nothing I will argue about. Each to their own opinion, I do appreciate you explaining your point more thoroughly also Kazanne.

Also, I don't mind Ben changing my mind, I don't dislike someone all the time. If he does something which I find decent I will not be afraid to say that, but I had to post about it after watching bits and pieces of his 5 hour Live feed rant about Mario.. Oh it's lucky I'm enduring enough.

I am quite happy to debate with open minded sensible people,Oh and by the way my brother is a fireman,it's a tough job,good on you.

stonedape
07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
It's really quite easy to relate your morals with any given situation. Whether it be real life or as you say an immoral show.

Also, all I root for are people whom I find make the show entertaining for me. That is not Ben but I find JJ easy to relate to.

I'm sorry if that upsets you to such an extent that you want me to watch BB9 again, but like I say, I didn't ask the question for an argument and that's more what you are leading towards with your comments.

I know it's easy to relate your morals with given situations, it's just really stupid on a show where the primary purpose is entertaining people to become popular and win a lot of money, and the secondary purpose is nominating people behind their backs and assisting them in losing said money.

As you (contradictorily) say, you only root for people who are entertaining. Then you claim Ben isn't (compared to WHO?) and JJ is relatable (what this has to do with entertainment, no one knows). The moralizing doesn't upset me, I just don't understand why it's so popular to do, and every time a "good" person wins BB we come to accept it was the wrong decision, every time a "bad" person goes out early we come to accept it was the wrong decision. And we just can't stop ourselves from doing it over and over. It's the central phenomenon of BB.

starry
07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't like him really. The producers are trying to build him up into the cult figure of the series, but he is no Marcus and never could be.

stonedape
07-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I don't like him really. The producers are trying to build him up into the cult figure of the series, but he is no Marcus and never could be.

People said the same crap about Marcus not being a legend compared to X last series...always takes a year for you folks to catch on. :sleep:

erchie
08-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Can't stand Ben, all whispers and bitching.

seconded !

evrey time he comes on i wanna kick my tv !

think he is my most hated hm ever !

get him oot !

-Sue-
08-07-2010, 10:52 AM
well said OP great post :D

lynz
08-07-2010, 11:00 AM

This is a good post for all of those anti Ben who claim that he gets biased edits because he is BB's favourite. Now in spite of all of these bad edits we have thoroughly enjoyed watching and listening to him, we love his bumbling nature and his sharp wit, we love his individuality and we have been kept entertained by him that is why we love him. We don't mind if no one understands why we like him - just accept it and you go ahead and support who you wish to support.

NettoSuperstar!
08-07-2010, 01:03 PM

Exactly the support for him baffles me too, hes occasionally witty but mostly displays quite repulsive characteristics. I dont see what hes done thats so entertaining either...confusing world we live in, no wonder we're in such a mess!

lynz
08-07-2010, 01:05 PM
LOL:conf::xyxwave:

Hooo
08-07-2010, 01:32 PM
One more question..

Is the support overall bigger for Ben or JJ?

This can be opinion and you don't have to go through hundreds of polls to tell me the most accurate odds as the highlight show public whom don't fill in these polls are the biggest majority.

I'm just wondering if the plain highlights show has shone light better on JJ or Ben?

lynz
08-07-2010, 01:53 PM
You may think because we do not agree with you we are delusional,that is your opinion,my opinion of people who call people that because they do not agree is really not postable.

I agree and now rather than replying to these posts I am reporting them. I hate doing this but unfortunately there are far to many posters being extremely insulting to FMs now and it is time they were removed from the forum.

Hooo
08-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I agree and now rather than replying to these posts I am reporting them. I hate doing this but unfortunately there are far to many posters being extremely insulting to FMs now and it is time they were removed from the forum.

It was not the intent of the OP, I apologise that it led to anything like this. I made sure not to insult Ben supporters as like I say opinions belong to people and if we ask for them, we should respect them.

lynz
08-07-2010, 02:13 PM
One thing that really annoyed me was when John was talking to somebody else, Ben was sitting next to Josie and whispered something into her ear, can't remember exactly what, but it was

"Oh John he is so something or other.."

It's a snide comment to make, before that point obviously I was disappointed in his lack of team work, something I find essential on this show particularly regarding shopping budgets etc..

Appreciate the people that do respond, reason I thought there was so much Ben love was because of Digital Spy.. I'm not prepared to pay to use a Forum, not because I'm tight but because it's a tad silly.

Anyway, on there everyone talks like Ben in silly threads telling other Ben fans to save their money on saving Ben in a week or two..

Like.. -.-

I don't pay to post on the Digital Spy forum and neither do I talk like Ben in silly threads, so sorry you seem to have a misconception about "everyone". However we Ben fans do enjoy a lot of good laughs and am sure we will all try to save Ben whenever he is nominated

zotec
08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Ben used to talk about Jovan going around dripping poison in HMs ears and hes just as bad. Mario stuck up for him at first when he was involved in arguments when no-one else did and now he tells people that he never asked him to-RUBBISH.He always said "will you come in with me and back me up " against anyone that had been arguing with him.I dont know exactly when the tide turned and they all suddenly found him funny.Its a bit like the emperors new clothes but JJ said the other night that he thought him funny but more in an incredulous way,like its so unbelievably bad the things he says and does you laugh in a "I dont believe this" sort of way.He uses people emotionally or physically for selfish gain.Mario moved away and made other freindships sensibly but Dave is still the lap-dog.He moved into Corins bed last night and was whispering what they should do together to wind up HMs.I hope she doesnt fall into the trap maybe thinking her non-personality will take off by being his new ally.

rusticgal
08-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Hoo... welcome to the forum.
I agree with your observations...I liked Ben at first but he and his selfish ways are starting to grate on me now.He is spoilt and behaves like a spoilt child.He wont do anything unless he wants to do it.... he will stitch up his mates like he put Dave up to do his punishment for him.As Dave said...if thats what you do to your friends I wouldnt like to be your enemy.When Josie suggested whoever won should give Steve 30,000 towards a new leg.Although it was meant well it put people in a difficult position....anyway next we here Ben of all people saying "well I have to think of my family"!!... I suppose I shouldnt judge...but of all the HM's I would have thought money would not be a great need in his family..
I have gone off him for his selfishness...and he is the biggest bitch in the house...

Hooo
08-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks rsuticgal.

I agree partly with the Steve thing. It's not an obligation to share the money, personally I would but he did say he didn't refuse but would have liked to be consulted about it.

Again, I would have agreed straight away but I don't blame Ben for not doing.

Being selfish he is indeed, and where I look at it from is, if I was his friend... How long would that last friendship last..

JHB
08-07-2010, 04:22 PM
He's just a knob head .