PDA

View Full Version : I think Keeley's Agenda is to ruin Ben

*mazedsalv**
10-07-2010, 09:16 AM
She is already siding with JJ and Steve and told them "Dont worry, I will MAKE him do the cleaning and stuff", and she has been the biggest talking point.

The HMs are ****ting themselves because of her, she's very blunt and honest.

She doesnt seem to like Ben or Dave.

Braden
10-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I hope she ****s him up tbh :p

Visage
10-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Seems promising.

WOMBAI
10-07-2010, 09:33 AM
She is already siding with JJ and Steve and told them "Dont worry, I will MAKE him do the cleaning and stuff", and she has been the biggest talking point.

If she doesn't like Ben or Dave - then she has no taste - and I don't like her! :hugesmile:

ange7
10-07-2010, 09:41 AM
She might be someone who can see through all of Ben's toff,smarmy and gibberish double talking. Hope these two go at it.

karezza
10-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Keeley's agenda is to ingratiate herself with housemates she thinks are most likely to win - Ben, Steve & the thumbsucker.

stonedape
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
If that is her agenda she's less intelligent than I originally gave her credit for, because it's doomed to fail.

I like karezza's theory...any interaction with loved HMs is good interaction when no one knows your name yet. Keely is almost certainly getting more screen time than her fellow new HMs.

Speedster
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Lmao I said this'd happen; people turning against Keeley because she's "blunt", not at all like jj who just "tells it like it is". Presumably you think it's ok that Ben does sod all then?.

I think you're MONUMENTALLY unfair on Keeley because the way you described the snippet of conversation, it was obviously part of a wider conversation....started by other h.ms. You can tell because what Keeley says is obviously in reply to something -someone else- said.

Is this such a big surprise, anyway? Keeley is the tough, successful business woman, she obviously has a habit of focusing on what she wants and going after it, that's what focus does for you.

Maybe it'd be ok if the women just shut their mouths and looked after the men? instead of the men being part of a responsible group, all of whom pull their weight and contribute.

But, whatever. People on the boards (and especially women) are nothing if not predictable.

vesavius
10-07-2010, 09:53 AM
I am loving Keeley, she is obviously there to kick ass and take names. Look at all the people she offended with the truth just last night :joker:

She will be a classic HM I think :D

Zippy
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
New Hms with agendas are doomed. The HMs are already suspicious about them so they will gang up on them if they see that they are playing games.

Best option at this point is to befriend everybody. If you wanna hang around.

I dont like how the new HMs are allowed to tell them about their public perception. Now theyll change their behaviour.

Angus
10-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Ben may do "sod all" when it comes to the mundane matters which his minions can deal with - he is doing the most of all when it comes to delivering entertainment and provoking debates.

As regards Keeley being "blunt" - I would say she's just being rude. She doesn't KNOW any of the HMs apart from what she's seen on the telly, she has not built up any friendships or bonds with them on her own merits, so to presume to have the right to tell them anything is bloody obnoxious and arrogant. I've no doubt Ben will ignore her and give her the disdain she deserves. The more Ben is pushed to do something, the more he will NOT do it - is she that dumb that she doesn't know that by now?

stonedape
10-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Ben may do "sod all" when it comes to the mundane matters which his minions can deal with - he is doing the most of all when it comes to delivering entertainment and provoking debates.

As regards Keeley being "blunt" - I would say she's just being rude. She doesn't KNOW any of the HMs apart from what she's seen on the telly, she has not built up any friendships or bonds with them on her own merits, so to presume to have the right to tell them anything is bloody obnoxious and arrogant. I've no doubt Ben will ignore her and give her the disdain she deserves. The more Ben is pushed to do something, the more he will NOT do it - is she that dumb that she doesn't know that by now?

obnoxious and arrogant are two of the traits I love in Ben. I have to agree is vesavius on this one :dance: Besides that whole truth part.

vesavius
10-07-2010, 10:00 AM
New Hms with agendas are doomed.

I agree, but she will give a couple of weeks of entertainment before she goes crashing out :joker:

Julie10
10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
You can only change your behaviour if you have not been real. I don't think she has told anyone too much just enough to keep them on their toes. I think she is doing okay without being too OTT. And if she gets too forward she will only make things bad for herself, so either way she is just playing the game if she wins good for her if she fails at least she tried.

Speedster
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM

He doesn't entertain, he moans and makes fun. And you bring up an interesting double standard, that is, no-one knows any of the h.ms either apart from what we see on t.v, but seem to indulge in character assination on a daily basis.

How many people -loved- Derek Laud? he was the same as Keeley in some ways.If you don't like her behavior, how'd you describe jj's towards Rachael or Sunshine? Noble? gallant? "just having a laugh"? "Just being brutally honest". Did he bother to say sorry to Sunshine? or Rachael for that matter? has he behaved in the same way since?.

Livia
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
She's going to make Ben do stuff, is she. Interesting management style she has there. I bet the staff that work under her dispise her if that's the way she works. Oh, and good luck getting Ben to tow the line.

Speedster
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm on Keeley's side at the moment, I don't see why Ben should be allowed to pick and choose what he does-this is Big Brother, and for him to be praised for sitting around refusing to do things, even when it comes to making others take his punishment for him is disgraceful.

It makes Me insanely angry that other people's management styles are just as offensive, if not -even- more so. Plenty of people in management positions aren't just blunt, they're positively rude and even aggressive but they're getting away with it because they win awards-"best dressed bully 2009" etc, and they're making pots of money off the back of this abuse because they're getting payed to make t.v programmes-and if there wasn't a market for it they wouldn't be making those programms, and people pay good money to pay for the product they provide.

CaudleHalbard
10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Ben is savvy enough to realise if Keeley harps on about his lack of effort on the tasks, it is likely this aspect of his behaviour is losing him support outside the house.

So - you never know - he might pick up on it and start involving himself more. It will be interesting to see.

Kazanne
10-07-2010, 11:42 AM

I saw that,and wasn't JJ loving it? sneering 'Yeah go on,he wont do it for me' but then again she said on BBLB she liked him,but I dont trust her,very cold eyes.

rusticgal
10-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I dont trust her either...but she is going to make an interesting HM.She has already come out with some brash comments... she will upset people in there.I like honest people who do not fear expressing their opinion.However I might have more respect for her if she allows herself to make her own judgement on people as she now has the opportunity to get to know them.However to go steaming in and telling HMs how to behave judging by what she has seen on TV is a little arrogant.
She will be one to watch....

Just Do It
10-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I know it's very early days and I'm being unfair but I don't like any of the newbies. I'm finding them very irritating. I'd vote a newbie out over anyone else in there.

Angus
10-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Ben is savvy enough to realise if Keeley harps on about his lack of effort on the tasks, it is likely this aspect of his behaviour is losing him support outside the house.

So - you never know - he might pick up on it and start involving himself more. It will be interesting to see.

I hope not, because it is exactly because Ben is Ben that he is SECOND FAVE to win. I think Ben would be surprised to know that, but she's canny enough not to let on. But in any event I doubt Ben cares much what ANYONE thinks really, least of all the public.:hugesmile:

Angus
10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
obnoxious and arrogant are two of the traits I love in Ben. I have to agree is vesavius on this one :dance: Besides that whole truth part.

Ben can be arrogant, I grant you, but "obnoxious"? Never. Ben is very popular on this and other forums as well as with the general public it seems, judging on the betting odds. Brits generally appreciate eccentricity and quirkiness, and admire mavericks and Ben is certainly one of those. I doubt if he will win though because generally the "composite" HM tends to win on blandness, acceptability etc, although there have been exceptions like Brian Dowling. I feel Ben might even walk as soon as he gets bored enough. Whilst he stays I shall just enjoy watching him. I look forward to the jousting between the dictator and him. Should be fun to watch the battle of the wills.

Kazanne
10-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Ben can be arrogant, I grant you, but "obnoxious"? Never. Ben is very popular on this and other forums as well as with the general public it seems, judging on the betting odds. Brits generally appreciate eccentricity and quirkiness, and admire mavericks and Ben is certainly one of those. I doubt if he will win though because generally the "composite" HM tends to win on blandness, acceptability etc, although there have been exceptions like Brian Dowling. I feel Ben might even walk as soon as he gets bored enough. Whilst he stays I shall just enjoy watching him. I look forward to the jousting between the dictator and him. Should be fun to watch the battle of the wills.

That's exactly how I feel Angus,I cant see me watching much when Ben goes and I feel he may walk if he gets bored,I think he is missing mingling with his friends and he doesn't seem to have found a soulmate in there,just aquaintances,there is only really Dave,I think he likes deep meaningful conversations and he aint going to get them in there,lol.:xyxwave:

oddballmisfitsFTW
10-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I think Keeley's agenda is to make me run out of tissues

cazzy555
10-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't know enough about her yet to really make any judgements but I would imagine that her being a manager means she is very into team building and see's Ben unwillingness to help out as something that will really annoy her. she may try to get Ben to do more but I think she'll be unsuccessful