PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother is good for politics, says Galloway

Lance
06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
George Galloway, the Respect MP and surprise Celebrity Big Brother contestant, has said his participation in the TV show would be "good for politics".

Mr Galloway, the MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, was a surprise inclusion in the 11-strong cast for the show which started last night.

"It's good for politics. I believe that politicians should use every opportunity to communicate with people," the anti-war politician said in a statement issued today.

"I'm a great believer in the democratic process. Big Brother is watched by millions. More young people vote during Big Brother than in the General Election. I hope they'll all be voting for me over the next few weeks."

Mr Galloway, a left-winger who was expelled from Labour for comments on the Iraq war, inflicted a defeat on his former party when he won his seat from Oona King at the last election.

"If I win, it will be my greatest election victory since, well, since my last one," he said.

He entered the Big Brother house last night to a chorus of boos from the crowd, before pausing to make a victory sign and shout "Stop the war!".

Mr Galloway is a 14-1 outsider to win the show, according to bookmakers William Hill.

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/01/06/ugeorge.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/01/06/ixportaltop.html)

GlitterEyes
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I can't see him being THAT liked to be honest. I don't see him winning. The only good thing going for him is his anti war approach but everything else he stands for is confusing.

bananarama
06-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I think what that fraud is really saying is that BB could be good for his (big mouth) brand of politics and not politics in general... We had a Tory political nutter on BB6. Galloway will exploit any idea he can steal from the mind and examples of others......