PDA

View Full Version : Did Sam Peppercorn make 'American' pancakes as a dig at Josie?

doughnut8
03-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Everyone knows American pancakes are round and fat unlike the French crepes which in the UK we normally consider to be 'pancakes'. Was he trying to insinuate that Josie would need the fat 'Amercian' style pancakes to fill her up due to her chub? and that the thinner French pancakes would just not do the job?

I think this is why he made the American style ones and I would not be surprised if he next makes her an 'American' style thick crust deep pan pizza with extra cheese.

Boothy
03-08-2010, 11:01 PM
That's the kind of pancake I make. What's an English pancake meant to look like?

doughnut8
03-08-2010, 11:03 PM
That's the kind of pancake I make. What's an English pancake meant to look like?

Well the English pancake is basically the French crepe and normally people would eat 2 in 1 sitting unless your fat or do a lot of sports.

Boothy
03-08-2010, 11:04 PM
If I make pancakes I make them like he did and eat about 10. :D

doughnut8
03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
If I make pancakes I make them like he did and eat about 10. :D

This is not good as your chub will get out of control and it is not healthy. Choose the healthy option and eat fruit.

Boothy
03-08-2010, 11:07 PM
This is not good as your chub will get out of control and it is not healthy. Choose the healthy option and eat fruit.

I don't need to be lectured on what and what not to eat.

Shiner
03-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I think the American thing is that you have them for breakfast which traditionally we don't.

doughnut8
03-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I don't need to be lectured on what and what not to eat.

Take my advice friend and you will be happier and have more friends also.

Livia
03-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't think Sam thinks that deeply about things. And he's not alone.

Harry!
03-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I tend to have homeade pancakes like crepes but only once in a while (Like once every 2 months or so). I always have pancakes on pancake day though.

Plus for a snack I have the smaller ones from supermakets but not very often.

rant/

Shasown
03-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Everyone knows American pancakes are round and fat unlike the French crepes which in the UK we normally consider to be 'pancakes'. Was he trying to insinuate that Josie would need the fat 'Amercian' style pancakes to fill her up due to her chub? and that the thinner French pancakes would just not do the job?

I think this is why he made the American style ones and I would not be surprised if he next makes her an 'American' style thick crust deep pan pizza with extra cheese.

I bet your brain hurt when you came up with that little idea.

bigbrothermaniac008
03-08-2010, 11:16 PM
He started making them for himself before he was told to make them for Josie

jools
03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
American pancakes have melted butter and sugar added to the mix.

Livia
03-08-2010, 11:42 PM
God, I'm starving...

=Dan=
03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Well the English pancake is basically the French crepe and normally people would eat 2 in 1 sitting unless your fat or do a lot of sports.

Why are you obssesed with fatness :P

ElProximo
03-08-2010, 11:44 PM

See.. I was on a same line of thinking but I figured it was referring to her breast.
In America (or 'The States' as we call it) they sometimes refer to flat boobs as 'pancake tits'.

I'm not happy about this but I did wonder if there was some kind of insult behind it.