PDA

View Full Version : Fauxmance vs Showmance vs Bromance

Shiner
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
What will the effect of the new showmance be on the fauxmance? Will JJJ step it up to compete or will it flounder now that something real has popped up in the house which BB will invariably now focus on and drop the fauxmance like a ton of used Kleenex?

And what will be the effect of the showmance upon the bromance considering that JJ2 is now courting the only that girl JJ1 expressed any real attraction to from the beginning but who was in a relationship and has subsequently switched her status to "available" for JJ2?

WOMBAI
04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
What will the effect of the new romance be on the fauxmance? Will JJJ step it up to compete or will it flounder now that something real has popped up in the house which BB will invariably now focus on and drop the fauxmance like a ton of used Kleenex?

And what will be the effect of the romance upon the bromance considering that JJ2 is now courting the only that girl JJ1 expressed any real attraction to from the beginning but who was in a relationship and has subsequently switched her status to "available" for JJ2?

All these romance obsessed little girlies - will wet themselves with the excitement of it all! :joker:

Shiner
04-08-2010, 09:00 AM
One of the great ironies of course if the new showmance takes over from the fauxmance and costs them the game is that if Josie hadn't been instrumental in putting Keeva out of the house then JJ2 might never have entered the house in the first place. :D

mizzy25
04-08-2010, 09:15 AM
im lost

Shiner
04-08-2010, 09:20 AM
im lost

Corin and JJ2 sort of copped off with each other last night.

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 09:37 AM
what's the difference between a showmance and a fauxmance?

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Corin and JJ2 sort of copped off with each other last night.

How do you mean sort of? what happened?

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:21 AM
what's the difference between a showmance and a fauxmance?

A fauxmance is a fake mutually beneficial gameplan romance to win favour with the public. A showmance is a romantic relationship formed within the context of a telly program.

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:23 AM
A fauxmance is a fake mutually beneficial gameplan romance to win favour with the public. A showmance is a romantic relationship formed within the context of a telly program.

so a showmance is real?

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:24 AM
How do you mean sort of? what happened?

They slept together merely holding hands. Prior to this Corin was dancing around the living room making "thank you god" gestures to Jo who she has been confiding in because he had agreed to spend the night with her. They tried to go to the nest together for some private time but BB said it was out of bounds.

WOMBAI
04-08-2010, 11:24 AM
so a showmance is real?

They sound both the same to me - just different names!

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:27 AM
They sound both the same to me - just different names!

yeah, I'm confused:conf:

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:28 AM
They slept together merely holding hands. Prior to this Corin was dancing around the living room making "thank you god" gestures to Jo who she has been confiding in because he had agreed to spend the night with her. They tried to go to the nest together for some private time but BB said it was out of bounds.

hhhmmmm

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
so a showmance is real?

I'm not the official dictionary on this but my take is that the likes of Helen and whatshisname (I really can't remember just now) can be clearly defined as a showmance. Was it real? Only they know.

What we have with JJJ is not a romance other than their own speculation, we have no proof (snogging, bonking, other less penetrative acts etc.) that they are romantically involved. Just because they talk about it doesn't mean that it exists and JJ's wincing when it gets a bit hairy is more evidence to the contrary.

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:33 AM
hhhmmmm

What does that mean? Are you saying I'm not telling the truth?

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:34 AM
What does that mean? Are you saying I'm not telling the truth?

No, not at all, I was hhhmmming at the situation, sounds a bit fake to me

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Anyway whatever lables you wish to put on them, we have 3 relationships all linked and the OP was asking what impact will they have on each other.

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm not the official dictionary on this but my take is that the likes of Helen and whatshisname (I really can't remember just now) can be clearly defined as a showmance. Was it real? Only they know.

What we have with JJJ is not a romance other than their own speculation, we have no proof (snogging, bonking, other less penetrative acts etc.) that they are romantically involved. Just because they talk about it doesn't mean that it exists and JJ's wincing when it gets a bit hairy is more evidence to the contrary.

oh ok, thank you:hugesmile: I do think Helen and Pauls was very real though, they stayed together for a few years after the show too and that was back before the whole couple thing was a money spinner

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Fair doos. I was getting an odd vibe of the "definition of..." question earlier. ;)

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM

Only time will tell. Corin seemed right up for it while JJ2's body language didn't ring true although he was the one doing the stroking/petting. Who knows?

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Fair doos. I was getting an odd vibe of the "definition of..." question earlier. ;)

Oh, I apologise, I didn't mean to give out any vibes, I was just curious is all!

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Only time will tell. Corin seemed right up for it while JJ2's body language didn't ring true although he was the one doing the stroking/petting. Who knows?

yeah, I think it's much more of a physical thing if anything between those two

Angus
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
One of the great ironies of course if the new showmance takes over from the fauxmance and costs them the game is that if Josie hadn't been instrumental in putting Keeva out of the house then JJ2 might never have entered the house in the first place. :D

Don't you just love karma?:hugesmile:

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh, I apologise, I didn't mean to give out any vibes, I was just curious is all!

No worries. :hug:
It's just that sometimes people on here use that sort of technique to draw you into a black and white definition argument rather than broach the real issue.

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Don't you just love karma?:hugesmile:

I don't know, there isn't any depth behind Corin/JJ2 though, I doubt there will half as much interest in them tbh

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
No worries. :hug:
It's just that sometimes people on here use that sort of technique to draw you into a black and white definition argument rather than broach the real issue.

ah, no I just really wanted to know what the difference was! :hug:

Shiner
04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
ah, no I just really wanted to know what the difference was! :hug:

Cool. It's only my take on the definition anyway. I originally entitled the thread "Fauxmance vs Romance vs Bromance" but changed it because like you I have no proof of it's validity or if it will endure.

Niamh.
04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Cool. It's only my take on the definition anyway. I originally entitled the thread "Fauxmance vs Romance vs Bromance" but changed it because like you I have no proof of it's validity or if it will endure.

right well to get back to your op, I don't think that it will have much effect on the bromance, yeah JJ1 said he thought she was attractive at the start but I don't think that goes beyond looks for him so I wouldn't imagine he'll be too bothered.

Em the showmance V's Fauxmance scenario hhhmmmm I don't know really, they're both so different from eachother, I doubt JJ1 will step anything up or cool anything down either.

Shiner
04-08-2010, 08:59 PM
bump