PDA

View Full Version : Is BB Australia worth watching?

Mac Hiavellian
05-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Even though it ended over 2 years ago I was always in awe at how big BB Australia looked on YouTube clips. The houses were huge, there were more HMs from BB UK for a while, longer run etc.
Is it worth trying to find any episodes as I only ever saw said YouTube clips? Which seasons were the best?

ILoveTRW
05-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 5 are the only ones really worth watching back.

Mac Hiavellian
05-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 5 are the only ones really worth watching back.

Ah thanks. I thought it would be appropriate to watch them in order so glad you said BB1, 2 and 3. Was 5 the evil one, 6 the controversial one, and 8 the worst one?

BBGermany
08-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Series 4 was the controversial one. If you are thinking of that (trying not to spoil) uh....with Bree
if you are thinking of the turkey slap then series 6 would be it.

I didnt care for 8 too much mainly cause they ditched Gretel for the two tools. & what I noticed is that the hosts (for all 3 shows) after they found out the show was axed they just didnt seem to care anymore.

I liked #5 the most, but thats probably cause it was the first one I seen. But # 1 & 3 are good as well

Patrick
08-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Ah thanks. I thought it would be appropriate to watch them in order so glad you said BB1, 2 and 3. Was 5 the evil one, 6 the controversial one, and 8 the worst one?

LMAO

Are you sure you don't mean BBUK?

ILoveTRW
08-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Was 5 the evil one, 6 the controversial one, and 8 the worst one?

5 is so weird to watch because its almost as though you are rewatching BB5UK again, it had the same twists, the same tasks and even nadia lol
the worst season was probably 7 but 4 was quite bad as well.

Chri$
08-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I only watched BB8 but I really enjoyed it... It has a similar-ish format to BBUK but its better. I think it is worth watching! :D

lostalex
20-08-2010, 04:24 AM
I really enjoyed BBAUS 6 and BBAUS 7. I hated BBAUS 8 though. Those are the only 3 i've seen. I especially loved BBAUS 7 though, i think the final 2 were really great.

supperhater
20-08-2010, 09:42 PM
I hated 7 because my mate was supposed to be on it but lost out to that moron Brodie... Actually, it was a pretty good series for the first few weeks, but it got pretty boring half way through (then somewhat good again when Zack arrived)

I liked 3 and 5 the most, though I liked every series in its own way I guess

Watching BBUK makes it almost impossible to really enjoy BBAU that much though (when the Australian version was first televised I'd never seen the UK one so didn't know what I was missing..)

LexDex
26-08-2010, 11:30 PM
oh

Brekkie
27-08-2010, 05:57 PM
BB3 is interesting with the two house twist if you're interested in your twists.

Mac Hiavellian
28-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Lol, why on earth did this thread get attention when I was out of the country?

Series 4 was the controversial one. If you are thinking of that (trying not to spoil) uh....with Bree
if you are thinking of the turkey slap then series 6 would be it.

I didnt care for 8 too much mainly cause they ditched Gretel for the two tools. & what I noticed is that the hosts (for all 3 shows) after they found out the show was axed they just didnt seem to care anymore.

I liked #5 the most, but thats probably cause it was the first one I seen. But # 1 & 3 are good as well

I was refering to the turkey slap and now I'm intrigued because I know nothing of this Bree lol. I saw the clips of Anouska in Aus and some of the BB5 Aus launch via the site and loved it but just never ended up watching any more.

LMAO

Are you sure you don't mean BBUK?

Lol, it's uncanny isn't it? If only Aus had done a BB9 eh? ;)

5 is so weird to watch because its almost as though you are rewatching BB5UK again, it had the same twists, the same tasks and even nadia lol
the worst season was probably 7 but 4 was quite bad as well.

Wow, I knew they adapted the evil theme and had Nadia but didn't think they used the same tasks and twists lol. Thought they'd be a bit mroe original. The house was different enough and awesome.

I only watched BB8 but I really enjoyed it... It has a similar-ish format to BBUK but its better. I think it is worth watching! :D

Thanks muchly. BB8 was the one I was least looking forward to because of the shorter run, change of presenters and because it was least watched. But would liek to see them all.

I really enjoyed BBAUS 6 and BBAUS 7. I hated BBAUS 8 though. Those are the only 3 i've seen. I especially loved BBAUS 7 though, i think the final 2 were really great.

From what I've seen, read and heard 6, 7 and 8 are similar to the UK versions. 6 being controversial, 7 being it's peak, and 8 being a real dud

I hated 7 because my mate was supposed to be on it but lost out to that moron Brodie... Actually, it was a pretty good series for the first few weeks, but it got pretty boring half way through (then somewhat good again when Zack arrived)

I liked 3 and 5 the most, though I liked every series in its own way I guess

Watching BBUK makes it almost impossible to really enjoy BBAU that much though (when the Australian version was first televised I'd never seen the UK one so didn't know what I was missing..)

Cheers for that. in the BB4 UK DVD I saw the clips of Anouska in the Aus house and felt similar, that Aus was bigger and more epic than the UK one so wondered what I was missing. And you make BB7 Aus and UK even more simialr lol

oh

Thanks for playing lol ;)

BB3 is interesting with the two house twist if you're interested in your twists.

Interested in HMs, tasks, houses, twists, everything tbh lol. Was BB3 the one where only 1 person entered on launch? Must have made a boring first night

Brekkie
29-08-2010, 08:48 PM
One person in one house, 5 or 6 in the other I think.

MrGaryy
29-08-2010, 08:50 PM
It was fantastic. It went through a bit of a dry patch during BB6 and BB7 abut BB4, BB5 and BB8 are really entertaining.

lostalex
04-09-2010, 07:12 AM
I don't know how anyone could enjoy season 8. i found it so dull. and it was so obvious the producers picked a winner befre it even began. They were obsessed with the idea of Terri the old woman from the very first night, but she got voted out the first night, so a wrench was thrown into the gears. They were so desperate to keep Terri in the whole time. People complain about the producers interfering on BBUK and BBUS, but nothing can compare to the manipulation done by producers on BBAUS during season 8. It was a FARCE imo.

Personally after season 8 was glad BBAUS got cancelled. And that guy Kyle something they got to replace Gretle was an absolute NIGHTMARE. I couldn't stand him. Season 8 was awful. The only redeeming parts where when Carson Kressly and Pamela Anderson went in. Those were the only remotely interesting parts.

BBGermany
04-09-2010, 10:43 AM
dont you mean "Pammy" I was like shutTFU all the time when people there would call her that.
Anyways.
the thing with Bree wasnt like mind blowing like the turkey slap but it was controversial. I havent watched that series yet but I know what happened from watching the later years.

lostalex
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
actually i need to revize my post, there was ONE other interesting part of BBAUS8 but you'll only see it on their big mouth program....lil' Rory(which wasn't so little) was also interesting to watch :P *drools* they even showed him doing the helicopter with it. lol

They are obsessed with penis in BBAUS, i'll give them credit for that.