PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins or The Dark Knight?

Shaun
06-08-2010, 06:15 AM
I've just rewatched both and would, surprisingly, have to go for BB. It's much more of an exciting and unpredictable film - and I think stays truer to the comic book idea of Batman. The Dark Knight is great, but takes itself far too seriously and it's too tense.

Plus BB's Rachel was much less irritating than Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Locke.
06-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah Katie Holmes was better than Maggie whatever. I think The Dark Knight is better though, the story is better and I think most of the supporting cast are better characters. And Heath Ledger was amazing in it.

Tom4784
06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
The Dark Knight for me, BB is amazing but the pace is a bit off and it has Katie Holmes in it so DK>.

Iceman
06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Batman Begins, I cared nothing whatsoever for The Dark Knight, so much so I waited for a year after it came out to watch it, wasn't anything special.

setanta
06-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I really enjoyed both. Do I go for the linear, no nonsense approach from the first outing, that kinda saw Nolan trying to lay a solid foundation for his Batman universe, or do I go for the hugely ambitious, sprawling saga that is the second?

Think I'll go for the second because it really pushed the boat out in terms of what should be expected from a comic book adaptation.

Callum
07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
The Dark Knight but I thought both films were fantastic

MissKittyFantastico
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd have to go for BB, the only reason my vote would go to Dark Knight would be for Heath Ledger's oustanding performance, but overall I enjoyed the first film much more.

Marc
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
The ole Joker has swayed my vote

Shaun
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
I loved the action in the first more - with TDK the only scenes that really excited you were the car chase, the overturning truck and the (entirely ****) boat scene.

Whereas the idea of a fear-inducing water-spread gas was brilliant.

Mac Hiavellian
08-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Love both but think TDK was partly overhyped by the viral marketting and Heath Ledger's death, even though he was great in the role. In retrospect BB had a lot going and pushed the boundaries and it paid off because everything came together at the end. Whereas, in TDK we're just to believe every single incredible risky thing was all part of the Joker's master plan to corrupt Harvey Dent? And Two-Face was still pretty unrealistic for a Nolan character.

Might prefer BB a smidgen.

MrGaryy
08-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Definitely The Dark Knight. BB was more true to the comic but it was less interesting because of that. TDK captivated me MUCH more.

oddballmisfitsFTW
11-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Dark Knight is the most overrated film in history of cinema

Batman Begins was much better

oddballmisfitsFTW
11-08-2010, 05:03 PM
the only good thing about Dark Knight was Heath Ledger was a good villain

i tried to rewatch few days ago and didnt get past the opening 10 minutes

the way the wrote out scarecrow like he some two bit hood was pathetic and also what is with the idiots dressin up as batman

i also remember when i watched first time two-face make-up made me laugh it was so out of place and piss poor

SoBig
11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Bat Begins is better, but The Dark Knight had a better ending.