PDA

View Full Version : Is the public racist?

iRyan
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
If Jo goes this week, I'm gonna going to lie, I get the impression they are.

Every time a black person has gone up this series, they are the one who gets evicted.

Rachael in Week 1 (first time up facing public vote)
Govan in Week 2 (first time up facing public vote)
Ife in Week 5 (first time up facing public vote)
Rachel in Week 8 (first time up facing public vote)

And now possibly Jo in Week 9.

What does the public have against black people?

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Every time a black person has gone up this series, they are the one who gets evicted.

Boring! We have had black winners before - so that argument simply doesn't hold any water!

watchinittoomuch
09-08-2010, 07:10 PM
It's not about them being black, its about them being **** housemates.

There is a history of very successful black housemates...Darren, Science, Makosi, Victor...

AfroMullet
Yes.

But in fairness, Govan was a cock.

Shasown

Some people judge the person by their actions, not the colour of their skin.

SoBig
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes. But some of those housemates were boring or just down right annoying.

seanraff07
09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
We aren't racist, they have been pretty boring this year, Rachael is hot, Rachel has a fit body, and Govan was just an erse!

Mystic Mock
09-08-2010, 07:14 PM

rachel is halfcast but the last couple of series have been bad for the black contestants,but no i dont think the public are racist otherwise darnell wouldnt have came 5th in bb9 and mohammed 7th in the same year.

and brian belo wouldnt have won big brother 8 if the public were racist.

parmnion
09-08-2010, 07:15 PM
WHOAA.

the eviction of jo is more to do with the saving of your favourite.

Funny thing is though, for the tenth anniversary it's pretty apt we get one black dude/ette being evicted where it's been justified, unlike a good majority of the other ones.

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 07:16 PM
We aren't racist, they have been pretty boring this year, Rachael is hot, Rachel has a fit body, and Govan was just an erse!

Is that the only way you judge women - on their looks and body, simply ornaments! :nono:

Women are much more than that!

LukeBBukfan
09-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I did'nt even want the first Rachael to go I voted for sunshine in the first week I voted out govan all he did was moan all time to josie I voted out ife she was'nt really entertaining at all Im glad I voted her out I voted the other rachel out because im more of a dave and john james fan I wanted to save them I rather andrew was up then instead of rachel and I wanted that Joel to go in my votes where not about racism ive got a respect for black people

Shaun
09-08-2010, 07:19 PM
well let's face it:
those who watch the show are pretty dumb.
those who vote in evictions are even worse.

and there's bound to be at least some level of ignorance/bigotry in that bottom 1%.

AfroMullet
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I did'nt even want the first Rachael to go I voted for sunshine in the first week I voted out govan all he did was moan all time to josie I voted out ife she was'nt really entertaining at all Im glad I voted her out I voted the other rachel out because im more of a dave and john james fan I wanted to save them I rather andrew was up then instead of rachel and I wanted that Joel to go in my votes where not about racism ive got a respect for black people

LOL at explaining your votes and why they wasnt racist decisions.

And term halfcaste is racist, i thought everyone knew that these days.

seanraff07
Is that the only way you judge women - on their looks and body, simply ornaments! :nono:

Of course not, but their skin colour is part of their looks. I have nothing against Blacks and still think many of them are good looking therefore their skin colour means nothing to me and doesn't affect my opinion, and i'm hoping anyone else's opinion.

iRyan
I guess maybe I should be more specific, it seems more like racism towards black WOMEN. The public just doesn't like them do they? Makosi is the only one I can think of that has been well liked, but even she was boo'd when she was evicted.

cub
09-08-2010, 07:21 PM
It's based on casting. I don't think any of those evicted were strong housemates apart from, potentially, Rachael. I was surprised to see her go over Sunshine. I think if she'd stayed another week she's have acquired a bigger fan base.

Mystic Mock
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I guess maybe I should be more specific, it seems more like racism towards black WOMEN. The public just doesn't like them do they? Makosi is the only one I can think of that has been well liked, but even she was boo'd when she was evicted.

oh i agree black women get treated badly but i think thats more sexist than racist.

Chuckyegg
The public are idiots

Fuzzylogic
I hate racism more than anything, but if it means saving Sam I hope you right ;)

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
The majority of them are yes!

Brian Belo and Makosi were two lucky ones. Once in a while in every programme there are 1 or 2 lucky ones

cub
09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
The public are idiots

The public deserve who they vote for - same with X Factor and a lot of voting shows.

billy123
09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Boring pathetic troll thread sod off to DS and post it there instead.

iRyan
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
oh i agree black women get treated badly but i think thats more sexist than racist.

I think it's just prejudice in general.

foolsgold
stupid topic, are the British public racist? 1. it's big brother 2. If true the BNP would be in power. Plese Remove thread, pointless.

Hero1
Yes.

But in fairness, Govan was a cock.

and JJ is not?

In fairness I see the point this poster is making, but it is going on very shakey grounds. The truth is your odds are slim if you are female or black, but this years voting has been very calculated, aggressive and all about picking off the weaker person to get John James as the winner.

I feel somewhat sorry for BB, as this season they have put a lot of black people in the house, but they have been shipped out quickly by the public over small pedantic reasons.

I personally see no difference with Charley on the Big Borther Brian Belo won (who happened to be black, just very thick, far from your typical black dude and a little bit self loathing of his race), however, in John James case, being white, blonde and male means he can get away with anything and everything.

I still cannot get over the way he targetted Rachel and she got the brunt of it, booted out, hated when John James was in the wrong and still there going strong.

Again, I do not think Big Brother are racist (they have tried this season with different races) and I do not think the public are racist, but there is some tactical voting going on that has made no sense by the public!

SoBig
09-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Rachael (beyonce look a like)getting evicted was a damn shame. She did nothing wrong, but being bullied by John James.

Race definitely played a factor in her eviction.

Shaun
Not entirely sure what rule I'm breaking for that post.

cub
Jo will obviously go this week (unless she wins S&R) but that isn't because she's black.

AfroMullet

Dont even get me started on black women, the problem there is not the public, but big brother.

Big Brother goes out of its way to find the most dislikeable/most stereotypical/Weird/damn right horrible black women possible (See Charley, Alex, Dawn, Makosi, Etc) thus promoting negative stereotypes and racism, thats big brother, not the fans.

yousoboo!
posting in a racist thread

BB_Eye
Yes they are

billy123
09-08-2010, 07:26 PM
low intelligence little tweenie thread made by some kid that is butthurt that a housemate he likes is up for eviction.

skkc16
09-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't say they are racist but I do think people lean moreto voting them out subconsciously I think, there is some sort of stereotype of bitchy black women so once one steps out of line or makes a mistake the public then hates. I don't think it's a pointless thread because the statistics do say there is something going on

Kore
It's not about them being black, its about them being **** housemates.

There is a history of very successful black housemates...Darren, Science, Makosi, Victor...

I agree with this comment.

OP how can you think that the public is Racist? It's not down to Race!!! It's just they were boring/annoying housemates.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
yup why is that?

iRyan
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Dont even get me started on black women, the problem there is not the public, but big brother.

Big Brother goes out of its way to find the most dislikeable/most stereotypical/Weird/damn right horrible black women possible (See Charley, Alex, Dawn, Makosi, Etc) thus promoting negative stereotypes and racism, thats big brother, not the fans.

Rachael, Ife, Rachel, and Jo have all been very good representations of black people IMO and they did absolutely nothing wrong yet the public still hates them...

SoBig
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM

Amen. They always go for the stereotypes.

Mystic Mock
09-08-2010, 07:30 PM
yup why is that?

white women with a personality get treated badly on big brother aswell so imo it isnt because there black.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo

hear hear. :(

Patrick
You really can't be serious right?

This is the first series people have based their votes on personality tbh, nothing to do with looks.

But hey, Jo is the last ever black person in the Big Brother house! :D

cub
09-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I think there is always a moment that seals the fate of the one that gets voted off - Sunshine was crispgate, Govan was ... there were so many. With Rachael it was her talking about being in Nuts and Zoo type mags - just when people one forums were saying they hated these types of housemates. Underlined by Johnjames having a go at her over the subject. It was as if he was representing the viewer.

InOne
Yes

BB_Eye
white women with a personality get treated badly on big brother aswell so imo its because there black.

lmao

Hero1
09-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I think there is always a moment that seals the fate of the one that gets voted off - Sunshine was crispgate, Govan was ... there were so many. With Rachael it was her talking about being in Nuts and Zoo type mags - just when people one forums were saying they hated these types of housemates. Underlined by Johnjames having a go at her over the subject. It was as if he was representing the viewer.

But Corin has spoken about being in Nuts too!

LukeBBukfan
and JJ is not?

In fairness I see the point this poster is making, but it is going on very shakey grounds. The truth is your odds are slim if you are female or black, but this years voting has been very calculated, aggressive and all about picking off the weaker person to get John James as the winner.

I feel somewhat sorry for BB, as this season they have put a lot of black people in the house, but they have been shipped out quickly by the public over small pedantic reasons.

I personally see no difference with Charley on the Big Borther Brian Belo won (who happened to be black, just very thick, far from your typical black dude and a little bit self loathing of his race), however, in John James case, being white, blonde and male means he can get away with anything and everything.

I still cannot get over the way he targetted Rachel and she got the brunt of it, booted out, hated when John James was in the wrong and still there going strong.

Again, I do not think Big Brother are racist (they have tried this season with different races) and I do not think the public are racist, but there is some tactical voting going on that has made no sense by the public!

I dont think John James was just the reason Rachael was gone cause the fans booed her before she even got in the house but she acted aswell she was gonna be a big thing in there I think that what caused her eviction but I did'nt even vote her in first week I though it was sunshine who was going the first she had negative reviews from the public to I was so certain that week that it was sunshine going

cub

Hear! Hear! :xyxwave:

iRyan
You really can't be serious right?

This is the first series people have based their votes on personality tbh, nothing to do with looks.

But hey, Jo is the last ever black person in the Big Brother house! :D

If that was true, John James would be evicted by now.

And no, Charley and Makosi will be :)

starry
09-08-2010, 07:33 PM
It's based on casting. I don't think any of those evicted were strong housemates apart from, potentially, Rachael. I was surprised to see her go over Sunshine. I think if she'd stayed another week she's have acquired a bigger fan base.

Why should Rachael not go over Sunshine? It was one of the better evictions this series. Most of the first week was about Sunshine, that was the show. All Rachael was about was her body and whether she would get it on with one of the men in there.

Hero1
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I dont think John James was just the reason Rachael was gone cause the fans booed her before she even got in the house but she acted aswell she was gonna be a big thing in there I think that what caused her eviction but I did'nt even vote her in first week I though it was sunshine who was going the first she had negative reviews from the public to I was so certain that week that it was sunshine going

Hmmm, but usually the public is smpthatic to those who are being bullied, it is like we witnessed a girl being bullied day in and day out, knew John James was doing it, and we still booted her out and he is going strong, something is not right there.

To me I think John James is a white male Charley, there is no difference, in terms of the garbbish sprewed from their motor mouths and agrumentive natures, only difference is people delibrately wounded her up, John James goes looking for an argument, then criticises anyone who argues back with him.

cub
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM
But Corin has spoken about being in Nuts too!

But not as blatently - and not underlined by Johnjames. And had she been up, she may have gone.

1. Rachael went in from the get-go with this Look At Me, I'm It You're Sht atittude.
2. Johnjames made a big fuss about her comment about Lads Mags.
3. Rachael was up for eviction.
4. Done. Splat.

arista
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Nothing to do with Color.

Jo is Old , Nasty and so Bitter
Who would want that old Couger - now.

parmnion
09-08-2010, 07:37 PM
The majority of them are yes!

Brian Belo and Makosi were two lucky ones. Once in a while in every programme there are 1 or 2 lucky ones

go and attempt entering your anus with your vagina.

(thanks):cat:

starry
Rachael, Ife, Rachel, and Jo have all been very good representations of black people IMO and they did absolutely nothing wrong yet the public still hates them...

Jo is really the best of that bunch. The others weren't that good or interesting. Rachael was quite shallow it was just about whether she would get off with one of the men in there. Ife was just lacking any self-awareness of how boring she was to people in the house and was a hypocrite who more open to criticising others than seeing her own faults. Rachel was incredibly immature.

billy123
http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2010/07/Is%20All%20This%20'Conservatives%20Are%20Racist'%2 0Talk%20Designed%20to%20Save%20Dems%20in%20Novembe r.jpg

Hero1
But not as blatently - and not underlined by Johnjames. And had she been up, she may have gone.

1. Rachael went in from the get-go with this Look At Me, I'm It You're Sht atittude.
2. Johnjames made a big fuss about her comment about Lads Mags.
3. Rachael was up for eviction.
4. Done. Splat.

-------------------------rubbish rubbish john james childish manipulated twisted RUBBISH!

30stone

Yes they are also food bringers and cleaners! :hugesmile:
You know i luv you wombai.

SoBig
Funny how people are mentioning Racheal wanting to be in magazines as the reason she was voted out. Ummmmm Sophie last year's winner, was constantly talking about wanting to be in playboy, nuts and other nude magazines everyday of the week when she was in the house and that didn't cause anyone to vote her out.

billy123
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
http://imaksim.com/images/shout_racist_640.jpg

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, but usually the public is smpthatic to those who are being bullied, it is like we witnessed a girl being bullied day in and day out, knew John James was doing it, and we still booted her out and he is going strong, something is not right there.

To me I think John James is a white male Charley, there is no difference, in terms of the garbbish sprewed from their motor mouths and agrumentive natures, only difference is people delibrately wounded her up, John James goes looking for an argument, then criticises anyone who argues back with him.

I agree - John James is the male version of loud-mouth Charley - but he gets away with it because he is a good-looking (to some) Aussie boy and the teens lust after all!

Hero1
Funny how people are mentioning Racheal wanting to be in magazines as the reason she was voted out. Ummmmm Sophie last year's winner, was constantly talking about wanting to be in playboy, nuts and other nude magazines everyday of the week when she was in the house and that didn't cause anyone to vote her out.

What girl has not spoke about doing nuts in the BB house, the list is endless.

Look how the public took Chanelles side over Charley, when they were both as bad.

The public voting out Rachel on the weak she was BULLIED by John James, because she spoke about doing NUTS on the week she was nominated with Corin, is not good enough SORRY!

A flipping bimbo won BB last year!

Fuzzylogic

I don't think so

Rachael was a vain and self centered and give the impression that she thought she was better than the others because she was good looking

Ife was the most boring housemate I have ever seen.

Rachal was sometimes nice, but other times came across as loud and obnoxious.

Jo seems a good person, but is very dull

I wouln't matter what ethnicity any of them were they would still have the same personality and be out of the house.

I do think there is a growing issue with racism and xenophobia in the country but you are looking in the wrong place here.

Hero1
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
http://imaksim.com/images/shout_racist_640.jpg

Bob not LOL

starry
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Keeva had less personality than Sunshine, and a nastier one as well.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
09-08-2010, 07:42 PM
go and attempt entering your anus with your vagina.

(thanks):cat:

:conf: is that physically possible? :conf:

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Bob not LOL

Very good and very true! Old, old story! :nono:

parmnion
09-08-2010, 07:45 PM
:conf: is that physically possible? :conf:

so much to say about bb, so little you know..:xyxwave:

ILoveTRW
09-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I think black women are just seen as bitches before they even enter the house. Makosi, Charley and Alex are probably to blame.

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes they are also food bringers and cleaners! :hugesmile:

You know i luv you wombai.

I shall go off you - if you keep that up! :joker:

Zippy
09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Sexist and racist. Yes.

Oh, and AGEIST too.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
09-08-2010, 07:49 PM
so much to say about bb, so little you know..:xyxwave:
you're right! Oh pray tell show me how to enter my anus with my vagina via email. please it seems like something kinky I want to learn:elephant:

Braden
09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Um no , we had Brian in BB8 who won?

Hero1
09-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I personally think Makosi was the ulitimate BB housemate, when she was inside the house!

And I really enjoyed that Norin storyline spiderweb attraction thing go on!

as crazy as it seemed both made BB really interesting!

Zippy
09-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I personally think Makosi was the ulitimate BB housemate, when she was inside the house!

And I really enjoyed that Norin storyline spiderweb attraction thing go on!

as crazy as it seemed both made BB really interesting!

Makosi was a psycho. Pregnant my ass!

Snorin borin Norin...ew, dull cow.

AfroMullet
09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Brian Belo is as black as a polarbear.

Ultimate bounty.

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 08:04 PM

What so we are not allowed to vote black people off of tv gameshows now! :rolleyes:

Zippy
09-08-2010, 08:09 PM

Ultimate bounty.

Youve literally made me wanna buy a bounty bar now. Yum.

SoBig
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
What so we are not allowed to vote black people off of tv gameshows now! :rolleyes:
How does it feel to be slow? The forum wants to know.

iRyan
09-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't think so

Rachael was a vain and self centered and give the impression that she thought she was better than the others because she was good looking

Ife was the most boring housemate I have ever seen.

Rachal was sometimes nice, but other times came across as loud and obnoxious.

Jo seems a good person, but is very dull

I wouln't matter what ethnicity any of them were they would still have the same personality and be out of the house.

I do think there is a growing issue with racism and xenophobia in the country but you are looking in the wrong place here.

I don't think the public voted them out for being dull.

If the public didn't like dull people, Rachel would have never won BB9.

starry
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't think the public voted them out for being dull.

If the public didn't like dull people, Rachel would have never won BB9.

You talk about 'the public' like it has just one massively one-sided opinion. I didn't even watch most of that series anyway.

Tessier Ashpool
09-08-2010, 08:30 PM
These racism threads are such a luverly can of worms:elephant:

Rascally racists are everywhere. There is an amount of race-centric behaviour in everyone, regardless of colour. :bawling:

All depends to what extreme it is taken, but it is no more of a factor in BB voting than it is in everyday life - take from that what you will :conf:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
TIBB certainly is! I know why they have a problem with my gifs only. I seem to be the only one that has them removed.

parmnion
09-08-2010, 08:32 PM
These racism threads are such a luverly can of worms:elephant:

Rascally racists are everywhere. There is an amount of race-centric behaviour in everyone, regardless of colour. :bawling:

All depends to what extreme it is taken, but it is no more of a factor in BB voting than it is in everyday life - take from that what you will :conf:

shut up, nobody knocked three times.

leigh17
09-08-2010, 08:33 PM
and JJ is not?

Preech!!

cub
What girl has not spoke about doing nuts in the BB house, the list is endless.

Look how the public took Chanelles side over Charley, when they were both as bad.

The public voting out Rachel on the weak she was BULLIED by John James, because she spoke about doing NUTS on the week she was nominated with Corin, is not good enough SORRY!

A flipping bimbo won BB last year!

I take that on board, but I think - possibly because of who won last year - viewers did not want a wannabe WAG/bimbo. It was very early in the game and Johnjames shone a light on the very person that raised her head above the parapit and said "I wanna be in Nuts!" and - boom - she was gone.

SoBig
TIBB certainly is! I know why they have a problem with my gifs only. I seem to be the only one that has them removed.

What was wrong with you gif?

Tessier Ashpool
shut up, nobody knocked three times.

Well, clearly they did because you're here:dance::hugesmile:

Mr XcX
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
How offensive the OP is calling the GBP racist.

parmnion
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, clearly they did because you're here:dance::hugesmile:

billy goat ****.

Tessier Ashpool
09-08-2010, 08:37 PM
billy goat ****.

And your problem with my post is that there is an amount of truth to it?:bawling:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
What was wrong with you gif?

I have no idea!!
My first gif was apparently too slow. But others were just as slow. Second got edited and just linked to another site, for no reason. And this one got edited too for no reason. I had to reupload it

fitz2k2
09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
im black,but she honestly hasnt done anything in the show except give her advice n thats it lol

Shasown
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Ultimate bounty.

Now thats racist.:nono:

parmnion
09-08-2010, 08:44 PM
And your problem with my post is that there is an amount of truth to it?:bawling:

It was more the delivery.:sleep:

Tessier Ashpool
09-08-2010, 08:45 PM
It was more the delivery.:sleep:

Haha, fair enough:wavey:

SoBig
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I have no idea!!
My first gif was apparently too slow. But others were just as slow. Second got edited and just linked to another site, for no reason. And this one got edited too for no reason. I had to reupload it

I just checked your sig and its 4 mb. Thats huge.

Now compare that to IRayn's which is just 559kb and mines thats 683kb.

Yeah, you need a smaller gif.

GiRTh
09-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I dont think the public are racist or sexist but I do think the GBP are not as right on as they think they are. Everyone keeps saying that Brian Belo's win proves the public arent racist. I personally think one black winner in eleven years inithing to be proud of but then again we've only had on Welsh winner, one Scottish, one Irish and only three women.

parmnion
09-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I dont think the public are racist or sexist but I do think the GBP are not as right on as they think they are. Everyone keeps saying that Brian Belo's win proves the public arent racist. I personally think one black winner in eleven years inithing to be proud of but then again we've only had on Welsh winner, one Scottish, one Irish and only three women.

i think we should vote mario for his testicle.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I just checked your sig and its 4 mb. Thats huge.

Now compare that to IRayn's which is just 559kb and mines thats 683kb.

Yeah, you need a smaller gif.

well I wish they'd said so. I felt personally attacked.

stonedape
09-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't think the public is racist, I think casting is awful at casting black people that can win. They tend to either be controversial niche characters like Makosi, Science, Charley, Cairon, Govan, or total throwaways like every other black person this season. They very rarely cast "likable" and not totally bland HMs like Belo, and I use likable loosely. BB10 Sophia had a chance but she went cray cray. :elephant:

If anything, I think the general BB viewer is less racist on average, as they're watching a program aiming for a racially diverse cast from the start.

watchinittoomuch
09-08-2010, 09:13 PM
If anything, I think the general BB viewer is less racist on average, as they're watching a program aiming for a racially diverse cast from the start.

^^ that's a very good point.

I (sadly) know some very racist people, and they wont even watch the programme, let alone vote on it.

Sabrewulf238
09-08-2010, 09:14 PM
With the exception of Rachel, they weren't very nice people to begin with.

and as someone has said we've had a black winner before, so I'd imagine they went because of their personalities not their skin tone.

Livia
09-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I have no idea!!

Everyone else's gif has no effect on my computer at all. When I scroll down past your posts it takes aaaaaaaaages. It's annoying.

Angus
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Now you mention it, I can see what you mean - how could I have overlooked that Sunshine, Nathan and Ben are black?:conf: Bloody public - that's well out of order.:nono:

iRyan
09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Now you mention it, I can see what you mean - how could I have overlooked that Sunshine, Nathan and Ben are black?:conf: Bloody public - that's well out of order.:nono:

You fail at both making sense and trying to be funny.

Livia
09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
The OP lists his location as San Diego, California. Can I take it then, that if that really is his location, he's basing his opinion about the British public being racist from following a couple of evictions on Big Brother. Kind of sad.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Everyone else's gif has no effect on my computer at all. When I scroll down past your posts it takes aaaaaaaaages. It's annoying.
ok. sorry about that. see it's nice to be told why your gifs are a problem, instead of just deleting them. I will sort that out. but i'm not very good with mbs.

Livia
09-08-2010, 09:39 PM
ok. sorry about that. see it's nice to be told why your gifs are a problem, instead of just deleting them. I will sort that out. but i'm not very good with mbs.

Glad you weren't offended. Don't know why it is. like I said, it's only yours that makes it happen.

Angus
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
You fail at both making sense and trying to be funny.

Wasn't trying to be either - it's called sarcasm, the only response to a rubbish thread attempting to be deliberately provocative for no good reason.
If you're genuinely concerned why the black people are being voted out, lay the blame at the door of the producers who picked the least interesting, least charismatic, most pointless characters as representatives of their race, when we were denied the chance of Joel going into the house.

But don't let's stop there - why not question "class discrimination" which got Sunshine and Ben evicted, or "looks discrimination" which saw Nathan go against the supposed "hottie" JJ1?

stonedape
09-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Wasn't trying to be either - it's called sarcasm, the only response to a rubbish thread attempting to be deliberately provocative for no good reason.
If you're genuinely concerned why the black people are being voted out, lay the blame at the door of the producers who picked the least interesting, least charismatic, most pointless characters as representatives of their race, when we were denied the chance of Joel going into the house.

But don't let's stop there - why not question "class discrimination" which got Sunshine and Ben evicted, or "looks discrimination" which saw Nathan go against the supposed "hottie" JJ1?

Putting hottie in quotes will not change the fact that you would jump his bones if he allowed. :wink:

rick-roll
09-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't think the gif would be such a problem if it wasn't so lame in the first place.

Why not have something interesting to show us while our computers lag for a few seconds because of your stupid gif.

http://a.imageshack.us/img520/5021/sneezecleavage5ia.gif

Angus
09-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Putting hottie in quotes will not change the fact that you would jump his bones if he allowed. :wink:

No hon, don't judge everyone by your own low standards. I'm already happily married to my hunk and he would put that streak of piss in the shade anytime. Some of us like real MEN, not mummy's boys.

Kaaarenn!
09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
It's got nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

stonedape
09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
No hon, don't judge everyone by your own low standards. I'm already happily married to my hunk and he would put that streak of piss in the shade anytime. Some of us like real MEN, not mummy's boys.

:joker: :joker: :joker: I believe that.

Livia
09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm with angus on this one. I couldn't fancy a skinny airhead who wears eyeliner and nail varnish.

Mr XcX
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
The OP lists his location as San Diego, California. Can I take it then, that if that really is his location, he's basing his opinion about the British public being racist from following a couple of evictions on Big Brother. Kind of sad.

Thats what I thought Livia. They should be reported I am heavily offended!!!!

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
white women with a personality get treated badly on big brother aswell so imo it isnt because there black.

Trouble is - that particular white woman doesn't have a personality - she just relies on a fake 'romance' to get her to the final!

Mr XcX
09-08-2010, 10:24 PM

Don't lower people to your standards. I can not see why any woman would find John James attractive!!!!

stonedape
09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Ok, enough denying all biology and social conditioning, lets get back to that riveting chestnut RACISM in the BB HOUSE!!! :dance:

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 10:30 PM
How does it feel to be slow? The forum wants to know.

You tell me - you're the one that hasn't seen through JJ yet! :joker:

Angus
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM

And kind of showing his racism against the GBP as well:rolleyes:

jj1 is a legand
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Gett jo out shes sooo dulll an boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jords
09-08-2010, 10:34 PM
When it comes to Big Brother, I think there is some sexism against the women, but no racism, thats just a coinsedence.

Mr XcX
09-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Why is IRyan allowed to make these accusations

Mr XcX
09-08-2010, 10:35 PM
If I posted a thread on this I would be banned!!!!

Jamietwo
09-08-2010, 10:39 PM
i aint got nothing against coloureds, although govan was a total knob , i love jo i'll be voting for jj so does that make me rascist against australians. I tell you what though i was rascist against that alex bird, she was horrible, and that charley uchea and victor a bit, but i proper love jo and she is a black.

stonedape
09-08-2010, 10:41 PM
When it comes to Big Brother, I think there is some sexism against the women, but no racism, thats just a coinsedence.

I don't think that's sexism, I think that's just mostly females watching the show voting for other females (won't mention the J word). Can you be sexist against your own sex?

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 10:41 PM
i aint got nothing against coloureds, although govan was a total knob , i love jo i'll be voting for jj so does that make me rascist against australians. I tell you what though i was rascist against that alex bird, she was horrible, and that charley uchea and victor a bit, but i proper love jo and she is a black.

You just completely spoilt that - by using the word coloureds - don't you know by now that that is not an acceptable word!

Jords
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't think that's sexism, I think that's just mostly females watching the show voting for other females (won't mention the J word). Can you be sexist against your own sex?

Meh probably not, you know what I mean though. :tongue:

Mr XcX
09-08-2010, 10:43 PM
And kind of showing his racism against the GBP as well:rolleyes:

This!!

WOMBAI
09-08-2010, 10:43 PM

This forum is terribley sexist - though I haven't noticed it as much lately - but plenty of members have called women names for behaviour they codone in men - I have called them up on it on many occasions!

Mr XcX
09-08-2010, 10:45 PM
This forum is terribley sexist - though I haven't noticed it as much lately - but plenty of members have called women names for behaviour they codone in men - I have called them up on it on many occasions!

I agree with you WOMBAI.

Sexism is accountable to girls always being branded a BITCH.

Yet

IRyan seems to think I as a GBP voted thinks. Okay. I will vote Rachel out cause she is black. What a lot of rubbish!!!

Jamietwo
09-08-2010, 10:47 PM
You just completely spoilt that - by using the word coloureds - don't you know by now that that is not an acceptable word!

oh sorry, i didn't mean coloureds like in blacks i meant i'm not racsist on any type of colour, not just black. because youve got like like full on blacks and then you got all the other non whites , like brown and yellow and olive and stuff.

rick-roll
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
oh sorry, i didn't mean coloureds like in blacks i meant i'm not racsist on any type of colour, not just black. because youve got like like full on blacks and then you got all the other non whites , like brown and yellow and olive and stuff.

What is your nationality?

ElProximo
09-08-2010, 11:00 PM

OP,
Let me shock this by suggesting the public may be ANTI-RACIST in ways they have voted in the past.
What?
How?
A number of TiBB have (for many seasons) pointed out what 'appears' to be a sort of 'racism' in casting.
This is the complaint that some BB casting seems to believe that a person becomes 'different' and 'interesting' and even 'automatically intriguing' simply because they have black skin!
They are wrong,
but,
The problem is that sometimes a disproportionate number of dull, uninteresting, dark-skinned people get cast.
(and they can't be blamed for this either).

Some argue that what happens is that the public is actually the colour-blind one in this,
and,
if anything some argue they even 'fight back' by making a special point to vote out that person.

Now whether or not there is 'anti-racism' in most of this maybe that is arguable,
but,
in fact the public does show it will NOT acknowledge skin-tone after all nor will it play along with the idea dark-skin = interesting and cool HM.

Just throwing this out there for a different angle to think about.

Jamietwo
10-08-2010, 12:15 AM
What is your nationality?

english

rick-roll
10-08-2010, 12:26 AM
english

I was hoping you would say somewhere else so I could excuse your stupidity for being a language barrier.

Jamietwo
10-08-2010, 12:28 AM
I was hoping you would say somewhere else so I could excuse your stupidity for being a language barrier.

oh thanks, i'm devastated

SoBig
10-08-2010, 12:55 AM
i aint got nothing against coloureds, although govan was a total knob
Of course you are not racist! :rolleyes:

starry
10-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Can you be sexist against your own sex?

Yeh of course.

Jamietwo
10-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Of course you are not racist! :rolleyes:

I suspect that there are many people black and white that at times have racist feelings...I do my best not to prejudge someone based on thier appearance but my gut reacts quicker than my brain sometimes. for example I really hate rap music because i asscoiate it with hateful lyrics and a repulsive machismo, so then if i see a guy that dresses in that style and is black I may initially feel afraid...i'm pre judging him based on colour and dress. Fear becomes anger...however i'm aware that hate is something you hold in yourself....hateing someone is like swallowing poison and expecting the other person to die, so i try to work it out and work through it.

Sunday
10-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Oh please!!!!:nono:

Bluerang1
10-08-2010, 11:42 AM
One word: Ife.

Shabby threw tantrums but she was "entertaining". Sunshine (bless her) was moaning but she was "misunderstood". Caiohme was a female dog but she was also "entertaining". Ife tries to assert herself once, and she does it well, but she was "a sneaky female dog".

Not, not racist. At all.

Julie10
10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't say people are racist just big hypocrites, sexist and ageist. The amount of people keeping John James in even though he potrays the same type of arrogant argumentative behaviour they hate in other hms. Calling women bad names even though they haven't behaved like a slag etc.

People referring to Jo as old constantly even though Dave and Steve are the same age but look a lot older. Double standards which they blindly go along with like sheep.

ange7
10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I suspect that there are many people black and white that at times have racist feelings...I do my best not to prejudge someone based on thier appearance but my gut reacts quicker than my brain sometimes. for example I really hate rap music because i asscoiate it with hateful lyrics and a repulsive machismo, so then if i see a guy that dresses in that style and is black I may initially feel afraid...i'm pre judging him based on colour and dress. Fear becomes anger...however i'm aware that hate is something you hold in yourself....hateing someone is like swallowing poison and expecting the other person to die, so i try to work it out and work through it.
the older you get and the more people you meet, the less these stereotypes mean. Don't blame yourself for pre-judging since most live in huge anonymous cites where at times we feel we need to depend on a stranger. We quickly make a judgment call before asking a stranger for directions etc. Any negative attitudes you have to some people will lessen as you broaden the types of people who you get to know. What won't help is always knowing and mixing with people who are just like you. That turns into narrow mindedness since your stereotypes are never tested and you keep them for life.

Mr XcX
10-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't say people are racist just big hypocrites, sexist and ageist. The amount of people keeping John James in even though he potrays the same type of arrogant argumentative behaviour they hate in other hms. Calling women bad names even though they haven't behaved like a slag etc.

People referring to Jo as old constantly even though Dave and Steve are the same age but look a lot older. Double standards which they blindly go along with like sheep.

Agree

fuzzylovin
10-08-2010, 06:59 PM
JJ fans voted rachael out week 1
govan was an idiot
ife was fake
i dont agree with rachel been booted i liked her
and i dont think jo has anything to offer and i think she would like to go home.

AfroMullet
10-08-2010, 07:38 PM
LOL at this debate still going on.

kelswife
10-08-2010, 07:57 PM
What a stupid thread, always on about racism. Who cares about what colour people are anyways??????

ElProximo
10-08-2010, 08:19 PM
the older you get and the more people you meet, the less these stereotypes mean.

For a lot of people - they start believing there is no value or truth to any part of any stereotype.
The older they get the more they are proved wrong and the older they get the more they see them confirmed.

Don't blame yourself for pre-judging since most live in huge anonymous cites where at times we feel we need to depend on a stranger. We quickly make a judgment call before asking a stranger for directions etc.

People have to make decisions based on appearance, age, ethnicity and they do it all the time for sake of life preservation and efficiency and safety issues and they ought to.
In fact, most of the time a woman going home at night sees a scruffy looking white male, bearded, dirty clothes and face, loitering in an alley, staring at her..
.. most of the time that guy is NOT a sexual pervert, mugger or serial killer.
Having said that, the woman will make a judgment based solely on his looks and ethnicity and age.
She should.

Likewise, when I see 10 Muslims wearing traditional religious garb, congregating outside certain houses, with a sort of 'militant' swagger to them I am going to 'guess' they are 'probably' interested in destroying my church, culture and way of life until I submit to their prophet.
Yes,
1 in 10 times this will NOT be the case,
but,
As you get older you just have to play the probability game. As you get older you know what is more or less probably from experience.

btw.. your government and police do this too. If there is a serial killer they will 'suppose' he is probably a he and probably white.

If there is a subway bomb they will suppose it is 'probably' the work of some brown muslims.

Is it 'racist'?
I suppose you can say it is.
Is it helpful and the best way to avoid hurting people. Yes. It can be.

crit
10-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I certainly am.

Ive been voting to get that welsh twerp Dave out every time he's up.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
13-08-2010, 08:08 PM
oh what a surprise Jo got massive boos while the rest got a mix. so predictable. Because JJ has been such a brilliant and non agressive housemate :rolleyes: